Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

Topics about the Rex/Spino.....

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

Topics about the Rex/Spino..... Empty
PostSubject: Topics about the Rex/Spino.....   Topics about the Rex/Spino..... Icon_minitimeSun Aug 22, 2021 1:11 pm

Are now no longer up for debate. Those conversations are one of the reasons why the forum has died off in activity because for some people, it's either their opinion or no opinion at all. If I see it, it's gone. Thank you for your time.

TyrannosaurTJ and Jurassic Fan 1994 like this post

Back to top Go down
#TRexSpinorematch
Nublar Velociraptor
Nublar Velociraptor
#TRexSpinorematch

PostSubject: Re: Topics about the Rex/Spino.....   Topics about the Rex/Spino..... Icon_minitimeMon Aug 23, 2021 3:23 am

Dead2009 wrote:
Are now no longer up for debate. Those conversations are one of the reasons why the forum has died off in activity because for some people, it's either their opinion or no opinion at all. If I see it, it's gone. Thank you for your time.

Dude... I have read Jurassic Park related forums since all the way back in 2001 (including Jurassic Park Legacy from 2004 to 2016) so please take my word when I tell you that this is actually one of the most chill forums I have read

The overwhelming majority of the debates and threads here have been civil.

The overwhelming majority of the posters here have been civil and respectful

Wich is why I really REALLY do not get where this paranoia and sentiment that there is chaos in the forum comes from.

I have been on this forum since 2017 and I have only seen one instance of flaming. One, in 3 and a half years, that is a really really good record if you ask me. So the truth is that even the many posters that hate Jurassic Park 3, Jurassic World or Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom are actually civil and respectful towards others. Again 3 and a half years here and I raerly see anyone attack anyone on a personal level. Yet you keep saying that things went SO bad that people ran off.

I made one thread simply pointing out the fact that there have now been 3 fights of T Rexes losing in very few seconds against 3 different therapod species and you misconstrued it yet again by saying "it was just one fight" (like what?) and then locked the thread. Not to mention the other poster in that thread actually agreed in a civil way.

It seems that you are banning the topic more due to you personally being annoyed by it rather than it actually doing something wrong. Is there any evidence that most posters really ran off his forum simply because of one particular topic? Because from what I see, old posters still posted and did not seem bothered.

By the way you keep saying to everyone here that because it is only a movie no one should take it seriously. You keep saying that it is fiction and thus everyone should just be indifferent to it. Yet when you read the word rematch you are really alarmed. But I thought because this was fiction you should not take it seriously right? Due to the fact that it is only a movie you should not be that alarmed about a rematch right?

But yeah, I respect the rule, but It does not change the fact that you are only banning the topic much more because of your personal annoyance towards it and you not wanting to see it rather than because it is actually doing something bad or wrong in the forum and thus an overreaction

https://www.facebook.com/Petition-to-have-a-T-Rex-Spinosaurus-rematch-in-Jurassic-World-2-194141920665797/
Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: Topics about the Rex/Spino.....   Topics about the Rex/Spino..... Icon_minitimeMon Aug 23, 2021 6:10 am

You ARE aware that this topic was also banned on JPL too, right? Because people wouldn't let it go, right? It has caused issues in the past, just because you haven't seen them, doesn't mean they didn't exist. We have had conversations die off because there was either an agenda being pushed that people got tired of, or it caused disagreements. It has nothing to do with "annoyance". The past 2 movies, on JPL and here as well, were half dominated by a Rex/Spino rematch. The backlash on JPL was a tad extreme when they didn't get it in the first Jurassic World. The backlash to the fucking 5 minute prologue was also enough to warrant this decision.

Jurassic Fan 1994 likes this post

Back to top Go down
#TRexSpinorematch
Nublar Velociraptor
Nublar Velociraptor
#TRexSpinorematch

PostSubject: Re: Topics about the Rex/Spino.....   Topics about the Rex/Spino..... Icon_minitimeMon Aug 23, 2021 8:15 am

Dead2009 wrote:
You ARE aware that this topic was also banned on JPL too, right? Because people wouldn't let it go, right? It has caused issues in the past, just because you haven't seen them, doesn't mean they didn't exist. We have had conversations die off because there was either an agenda being pushed that people got tired of, or it caused disagreements. It has nothing to do with "annoyance". The past 2 movies, on JPL and here as well, were half dominated by a Rex/Spino rematch. The backlash on JPL was a tad extreme when they didn't get it in the first Jurassic World. The backlash to the fucking 5 minute prologue was also enough to warrant this decision.

Yes, I did know that the topic was banned in Jurassic Park Legacy. But my point was that when the topic was talked about here most people were actually civil and respectful about it. You said it yourself, the topic was talked about here on many threads yes, and the overwhelming majority of them were civil and respectful. So 4 or 5 years talking about the topic without any flamewar is actually a very good record for a forum.

And that thread I made that you locked was also made in a civil and respectful way It was not meant or intended as an attack or to annoy anyone it was just pointing something valid that the films have done and you closed it as if it was made in an antagonistic way. It was simply pointing out that 2 films made T Rexes a fan favorite dinosaur (and the dominant predator) and for some reason 3 out of the next 4 films have turned it into the giant therapod that easily loses against all other giant therapod species.

You have to understand the backlash to this whole thing does not come from a place of wanting to annoy others or from some kind of problem with the person. It comes from the same place as the The Last Jedi backlash. Dude, please try to put yourself in other fans shoes to understand context, Luke Skywalker is the fondest childhood memory of millions of fans around the globe. If what they LOVED the most about Luke was his bravery and that was their fondest childhood memory, they are not going to like him being turned into an inept who is scared of everything. It ruins the previous films. And yeah...I know... "It is fiction", yes, but the fans fondest memories are not. Now everytime fans look at those memories of brave Luke, they are reminded he ends up inept and afraid of everything. Having told fans they are wrong for how they genuinely feel or having told fans that they needed to just be quiet and accept what they were getting made the Star Wars fandom worse.

https://www.facebook.com/Petition-to-have-a-T-Rex-Spinosaurus-rematch-in-Jurassic-World-2-194141920665797/
Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: Topics about the Rex/Spino.....   Topics about the Rex/Spino..... Icon_minitimeMon Aug 23, 2021 8:34 pm

Look, I get you're passionate about the topic at hand, but again, just because YOU personally haven't seen something get out of hand, does not mean it hasn't in the past. I've had people come to me (as well as other staff members) in confidence beforehand about this topic, because they felt there was an agenda being pushed and they wanted no parts of it. We've actually let a lot of topics slide when the forum was at it's peak, even though they were causing issues, flamewars were happening and PMs were being sent out. This is the last thing I will post on this matter, I'm sorry. You're free to talk about anything you wish in terms of the franchise, but the topic about a random fight will not be.

Back to top Go down
Jurassic Fan 1994
Embryo
Embryo
Jurassic Fan 1994

PostSubject: Re: Topics about the Rex/Spino.....   Topics about the Rex/Spino..... Icon_minitimeFri Feb 04, 2022 9:25 am

I can't speak for everyone but I don't care that the franchise had a Spino kill a T. Rex. They are genetically modified animals and yes we fans see the the T.Rex as a mascot and so do the parks in the films but the characters themselves don't see the T. Rex other than a dangerous animal.

Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: Topics about the Rex/Spino.....   Topics about the Rex/Spino..... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 10, 2022 8:47 pm

People need to stop abusing the rep system for shit they dont like.

Back to top Go down
#TRexSpinorematch
Nublar Velociraptor
Nublar Velociraptor
#TRexSpinorematch

PostSubject: Re: Topics about the Rex/Spino.....   Topics about the Rex/Spino..... Icon_minitimeWed Apr 06, 2022 4:05 pm

Man no offense but can you re open the "How T Rexes have been ruined beyond repair" thread.

That thread was honestly not meant to cause any trouble nor was it a "Who would win between Rex and Spino?"

It was more of a thread for fans who are genuinely disappointed by how the last 4 movies of the franchise have treated their favorite dinosaur.

Put yourself in those fan's shoes, they grew up with the first 2 films and with T Rexes as their fondest memory, waited years for new films and more or less every other film of the franchise has turned into the all other big therapods can easily defeat T Rexes in just seconds.

Don't get me wrong I do try to understand that from a moderators standpoint why they would not be so keen on a topic that caused resentment.

But my point (and the point of the thread is that at this point, the whole topic of Spino VS Rex, or the rematch is all irrelevant due to the fact that at this point they have doubled down so much on how.T Rexes always lose so easily in just seconds.

Yeah, Rexy is "old" but...Her ancestor from the prologue was not old and lost in 7 seconds against a Giga. Then Rexy would have been killed in 10 seconds by the Indominus if not for Blue, then that male Rex in JP3 (without being old) lost against the Spino in 20 seconds.

So my point is, that at this point fans are not looking to attack anybody or "push an agenda" for a rematch... At this point fans are simply flabbergasted at how Colin Trevorow claims he is a fan of the franchise and about how Rexy is a "hero" to him yet he has turned the species into the therapods that always easily lose against other therapods.

Mant fans (including Spino fans) actually agree this is just a very odd (and terrible) thing to do given the fact that T Rexes are by far the most popular and iconic species in the franchise.

So Colin while being fully aware how unpopular that was in JP3, chose to do the same thing again...And again...And again.... At this point many (if not most) fans actually agree that T Rexes as a species have been ruined or at the very least heavily tarnished and dminished.

At this point it is not about fans arguing with each other at all but rather most fans feeling flabbergasted at Colin Trevorrow.

Fans no longer have anything to attack each other for but rather all fans are mad or dumbfounded by Colin Trevorrow. Worst thing that can happen is people screaming (or rather writing) F.... Colin.

Many more fans than you think agree with that and feel like that. Not to mention if you actually saw the thread, other posters agreed. It was not causing any trouble because many fans are in actual agreement that T Rexes have been treated very poor since Jurassic Park 3 up to Jurassic World Dominion.

It was not really a Rex VS Spino war thread. But a how T Rexes have been treated by the last 4 films. As long as posters are civil. I just do not see why it needs to continue to be closed when it was not causing ant trouble. No one was doing anything wrong and everyone was civil.

That's all I respectfully ask.

Last edited by #TRexSpinorematch on Fri Apr 22, 2022 2:21 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
TRK/TrexKing
Administrator
Administrator
TRK/TrexKing

PostSubject: Re: Topics about the Rex/Spino.....   Topics about the Rex/Spino..... Icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2022 12:06 am

I think I can speak on the behalf of the other admins in saying I don't think it is the best for right now. After the recent leaks, the salt level is real and not worth the drama.

Quote :
People will say "T Rexes always need help to win fights, they can never do it alone". The only way to somewhat fix this unfixable ruining is to have Rexy kill the new Giga by herself in like 5 seconds and then having Buck (the male Rex from The Lost World) kill the Spino in less seconds than what the Spino killed that Rex in Jurassic Park 3 in order to somewhat show that T Rexes can also destroy giant therapods in very few seconds thus restoring some of their reputation but we know the will not do that (not because they think it is a bad idea but because Universal simply thinks as long as we have dinosaurs chasing people that is all that matters or at least that seems to be their mentality).
- This little section is pretty much what D2009 was referring to. Probably could have left out the spino part. People also seem to forget that FK gave the rex some of her bite back, albeit not enough I can agree with that. As much as everyone hates the reasonings, Rexy is old, no skirting around that fact, but the prehistoric rex we see get taken down, slips in the mud also. I get it - people love the rex, but people were also screaming for a new main carnivore after TLW, we got it and people weren't happy - it's a vicious cycle. Lets just see how this plays out now.

All in all, the answer for now is unfortunately no. Apologies.

Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: Topics about the Rex/Spino.....   Topics about the Rex/Spino..... Icon_minitimeSun May 01, 2022 10:22 pm

I've been here and on JPL long enough to know that the conversations about this topic definitely arent respectful so no, any future topic will be banned as soon as it's made.

Back to top Go down
Jason Voorhees
Embryo
Embryo
Jason Voorhees

PostSubject: Re: Topics about the Rex/Spino.....   Topics about the Rex/Spino..... Icon_minitimeTue Feb 27, 2024 8:34 am

Dead2009 wrote:
I've been here and on JPL long enough to know that the conversations about this topic definitely arent respectful so no, any future topic will be banned as soon as it's made.

I'll say moderation is always key having an Administrator or Moderator keeping the members in check will help show that its a serious topic, and ofc banning is up to you but if its a hot seat topic I would say to keep it open but moderated but that's just my opinion.
Back to top Go down
https://www.friday-the-13th.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Topics about the Rex/Spino.....   Topics about the Rex/Spino..... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Topics about the Rex/Spino.....
Page 1 of 1