Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

They’re off the island by the 57-minute mark. Let’s talk about that.

Go down 
+8
NolaJP
V.a.nublarensis
dance2nite
Sickle_Claw
Troyal1
Herrerasaurus
SmugTheFab
BoulderFaceplant
12 posters
AuthorMessage
BoulderFaceplant
Ceratosaurus
Ceratosaurus

They’re off the island by the 57-minute mark. Let’s talk about that.  Empty
PostSubject: They’re off the island by the 57-minute mark. Let’s talk about that.    They’re off the island by the 57-minute mark. Let’s talk about that.  Icon_minitimeThu Dec 28, 2017 8:46 pm

Thanks to Colin Trevorrow’s Twitter, we know that the trailer only includes shots from the first 57 minutes. One of those was of the dinosaurs caged up on the ark, looking out to the burning island. So that’s basically confirmed that the round-up is done by the 57-minute mark. We get a very brief glimpse of the ceiling as well.

The shot of the sleeping T. Rex is also in this trailer and therefore in the first 57 minutes. Watch carefully as the camera pans into the crate. We can see support structures and a ceiling that look identical to what I pointed out earlier. This means that Owen and Claire end up on the ark with the dinosaurs. Owen’s “This is gonna be awesome” presumably happens around this point. They aren’t at Lockwood manor yet, so what on earth is he talking about?

What we can confirm at the very least is that we are off the island before the one-hour mark. Modern blockbusters hover around two hours, anywhere from 110 to 130 minutes in general. Expect Fallen Kingdom to do the same. This means we have roughly an hour completely off the island.

How does this affect your perception of the film?

Personally, I think it confirms that there is more to this movie than an auction and an Indoraptor running around. I really do think there’s going to be another plot development we’re unaware of. Hopefully it won’t be stupid lol.
Back to top Go down
SmugTheFab
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
SmugTheFab

Location : In my den, rubbing my hands together and laughing maniacally.

PostSubject: Re: They’re off the island by the 57-minute mark. Let’s talk about that.    They’re off the island by the 57-minute mark. Let’s talk about that.  Icon_minitimeThu Dec 28, 2017 9:17 pm

I feel like they get off the island too quick...I want to experience the majesty of the dinosaurs, free from containment, before they’re wiped off the face of the earth...again. Razz I suppose it’s a fine amount of time on the island, I just hope it isn’t rushed.

Also, I wonder how they’re gonna fill the rest of the runtime after they get off The island...really, how long can you spend in a mansion and still make it entertaining and compelling?

I hope some raptors or Allosaurs or something break free in the boat and cause some chaos. Then maybe we’ll finally get the missing scene in The Lost World with the raptors on the boat, with the raptors killing the crew. Evil Plan

Back to top Go down
Herrerasaurus
Ankylosaurus
Ankylosaurus
Herrerasaurus

PostSubject: Re: They’re off the island by the 57-minute mark. Let’s talk about that.    They’re off the island by the 57-minute mark. Let’s talk about that.  Icon_minitimeThu Dec 28, 2017 9:46 pm

feels a bit too quick to get off the island. I hope they don't rush past the court type of stuff.
Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: They’re off the island by the 57-minute mark. Let’s talk about that.    They’re off the island by the 57-minute mark. Let’s talk about that.  Icon_minitimeThu Dec 28, 2017 10:17 pm

I was actually about to say “you might be wrong, there could be more action after the stampede on
Nublar”, but then you brought up the Rex in the cage part.... and yea that’s a great point. Personally I’m still not fathoming how Rexy is captured after the volcano. And I sincerely doubt the cage scene is before the explosion....

Although I do think the Bary encounter is after they fall off the cliff. It might explain the lava in that scene.

I’m not going to lie i think I wanted more of Nublar. But hey it’s all about how you use it so we shall see.

I think it’s really encouraging to think that they seem to have devoted atleast an entire hour off the island, rather than a poorly thrown together subplot about Lockwood that is 15 minutes long lol.
Back to top Go down
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: They’re off the island by the 57-minute mark. Let’s talk about that.    They’re off the island by the 57-minute mark. Let’s talk about that.  Icon_minitimeThu Dec 28, 2017 11:04 pm

I wonder how long the movie is overall if they leave at the 57 minute mark... I dont think it will be an hour off the island, more like 40 minutes maybe. Yeah... I still think theres gaps we need to fill but yeah I do think Nublar is done for real after 57 minutes...

Colin did say that he wants the second half to be more intimate and suspenseful.

Sorna Velociraptor
Sorna Velociraptor
dance2nite

PostSubject: Re: They’re off the island by the 57-minute mark. Let’s talk about that.    They’re off the island by the 57-minute mark. Let’s talk about that.  Icon_minitimeFri Dec 29, 2017 12:39 am

The film will basically be split into 2 :

First Half
: Opening scene at Mosasaur Lagoon, Court room scene, Nublar rescue mission, Nublar burns

Second Half : Lockwood Manor Arrival/Betrayal/Auction/Breakout + other stuff?
Back to top Go down
V.a.nublarensis
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
V.a.nublarensis

PostSubject: Re: They’re off the island by the 57-minute mark. Let’s talk about that.    They’re off the island by the 57-minute mark. Let’s talk about that.  Icon_minitimeFri Dec 29, 2017 4:47 am

I'm not sure how literal we're supposed to take that tweet. The trailer mostly shows the stampede, but there's a few short shots in there that happens afterwards. Even Trevorrow could've easily forgot to take those into account when making that tweet.
Back to top Go down
BoulderFaceplant
Ceratosaurus
Ceratosaurus

PostSubject: Re: They’re off the island by the 57-minute mark. Let’s talk about that.    They’re off the island by the 57-minute mark. Let’s talk about that.  Icon_minitimeFri Dec 29, 2017 9:44 am

I doubt it. Maybe if he said “first hour” but he specifically said 57 minutes.
Back to top Go down
NolaJP
Compsognathus
Compsognathus
NolaJP

PostSubject: Re: They’re off the island by the 57-minute mark. Let’s talk about that.    They’re off the island by the 57-minute mark. Let’s talk about that.  Icon_minitimeFri Dec 29, 2017 10:47 am

V.a.nublarensis wrote:
I'm not sure how literal we're supposed to take that tweet. The trailer mostly shows the stampede, but there's a few short shots in there that happens afterwards. Even Trevorrow could've easily forgot to take those into account when making that tweet.

I kinda think this could be the case. Unless there is a big subplot that they managed to keep completely under wraps, it seems unlikely that A) they spend over an hour at Lockwood Manor or B) they only spend 30-40 minutes at Lockwood Manor and the movie isn't even 2 hours long.

It seems more reasonable that the gyrosphere going off the cliff is the 57 minute mark; with the Baryonyx, dock explosion, ark shot all coming in the ensuing 20 or so minutes.

It would not surprise me if there is something else going on besides the volcano and Lockwood Manor. Maybe a trip to Sorna for reinforcements?
Back to top Go down
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: They’re off the island by the 57-minute mark. Let’s talk about that.    They’re off the island by the 57-minute mark. Let’s talk about that.  Icon_minitimeFri Dec 29, 2017 3:54 pm

So the recent issue of Empire says outright the second half is on mainland....I think maybe what we will see logically is someone on the team being a lockwood spy, still guessing Daniella's or Ted's character and that could be what could flesh out character drama in the remaining run time.

Embryo
Embryo
AJFU

PostSubject: Re: They’re off the island by the 57-minute mark. Let’s talk about that.    They’re off the island by the 57-minute mark. Let’s talk about that.  Icon_minitimeSun Dec 31, 2017 3:13 am

I imagine the timeline for the first hour going something like this:

* First 5 minutes: Opening sequence with the submarine retrieving the Indominus remains.
* 6-11 minute mark: Courtroom scene and possibly other scenes about whether to save the dinosaurs. B.D. Wong also shot a scene at a college while wearing a suit, so maybe we’ll see a college lecture/speech from him around this time, or at least at some point. The little girl (Lucy?) will probably have an appearance around this time, as the beginning of the behind-the-scenes featurette shows her wearing different clothing (while playing with toy dinosaurs) from what she wears later on when she is with Owen and Claire.

* 11-14 minute mark: Claire convinces Owen to join her mission.
* 14-19 minute mark: Claire introduces Owen to her rescue group and they begin planning the mission and assembling weapons and vehicles, etc.
* They’ll probably arrive on Isla Nublar around the 20-minute mark and then they’ll round up the dinosaurs. Meanwhile, Owen searches for and finds Blue, who is among the dinosaurs captured.

* During the eruption/stampede/carnotaur scene, Owen still has his vest, and he has it after the trio emerge from the water and onto the beach, according to photos from filming. He gets rid of the vest after that, and then the dock explosion scene takes place, in which Owen no longer has his vest and Justice Smith’s button shirt is now unbuttoned (suggesting the Baryonyx tunnel scene happens prior to this, as it is buttoned in that scene and all others). Claire still has her jacket during this scene as they rush to get into the speeding truck. Then comes the ark and T. rex scene.

Also, the featurette has a shot (around 1:20) of Owen and Claire, without his vest and without her jacket, in that lab before it explodes, although maybe that was rehearsal footage before they put on the vest and jacket for the final shoot. I wonder if that lab is actually on Nublar or at the Lockwood mansion.

Compsognathus
Compsognathus

PostSubject: Re: They’re off the island by the 57-minute mark. Let’s talk about that.    They’re off the island by the 57-minute mark. Let’s talk about that.  Icon_minitimeFri Jan 26, 2018 4:29 am

I was watching the Behind the Scenes video lately and I have spotted interesting thing. It might hunt what the ending would look like. Please notice a shot where this Lucy / Maisie girl plays with T-Rex figure on the mountain diorama. Diorama reflects the surrounding od Lockwood Manor in my opinion. Girl places T-Rex on the top of one of the mountains. Could it forshadow the sequence where Rexy on the loose goes on a top of the mountain and roars? This way we could have homage to both JW movie and The Lost World.
Back to top Go down
brunofernando
Embryo
Embryo
brunofernando

PostSubject: Re: They’re off the island by the 57-minute mark. Let’s talk about that.    They’re off the island by the 57-minute mark. Let’s talk about that.  Icon_minitimeFri Jan 26, 2018 3:11 pm

IllOrfanato wrote:
I was watching the Behind the Scenes video lately and I have spotted interesting thing. It might hunt what the ending would look like. Please notice a shot where this Lucy / Maisie girl plays with T-Rex figure on the mountain diorama. Diorama reflects the surrounding od Lockwood Manor in my opinion. Girl places T-Rex on the top of one of the mountains. Could it forshadow the sequence where Rexy on the loose goes on a top of the mountain and roars? This way we could have homage to both JW movie and The Lost World.

Isn't it Isla Nublar?
Back to top Go down
IllOrfanato
Compsognathus
Compsognathus

PostSubject: Re: They’re off the island by the 57-minute mark. Let’s talk about that.    They’re off the island by the 57-minute mark. Let’s talk about that.  Icon_minitimeFri Jan 26, 2018 7:07 pm

If you take a closer look you will notice there are actually two dioramas shown in the clip. The first one is at the very beginning and this young girl plays with T-Rex toy there. Surrounding diorama and girl are skeletons from the well known room from the very first set photo - actually you see that diorama is placed behind ceratopsian skull. Diorama shows mountainy terrain with bay shaped like big lake. It Reminds me of set photo od location where trucks with Animals are reaching mainland and does not look like Nublar to me.

Second diorama is shown in the middle of the clip. We see JP Gates with familiar car model. Also room with this diorama is different - patterned walls instead of wood. This one really could be Isla Nublar.
Back to top Go down
Robotpo
Nublar Velociraptor
Nublar Velociraptor
Robotpo

PostSubject: Re: They’re off the island by the 57-minute mark. Let’s talk about that.    They’re off the island by the 57-minute mark. Let’s talk about that.  Icon_minitimeFri Feb 02, 2018 5:45 pm

The story with the Indoraptor and Lockwood Manor frankly interests me much more than the island story. We've already had four movies on on island - it's time to rely on more original ideas and let the franchise evolve into something fresher.

The idea of a prolonged stalking of the characters by the Indoraptor(s?) in and around the manor sounds quite intriguing IMO. From what little of the manor they've shown so far, I'm getting not only "Hammond's mansion" vibes but also it reminds me of the 90's remake of "The Haunting", which Spielberg ghost-produced (no pun intended). I enjoy that film despite it having an admittedly weak final act - this might actually be the closest we've ever gotten to a Jurassic horror movie. Hopefully it'll be fun.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: They’re off the island by the 57-minute mark. Let’s talk about that.    They’re off the island by the 57-minute mark. Let’s talk about that.  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

They’re off the island by the 57-minute mark. Let’s talk about that.
Page 1 of 1