Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

The Horror Movie Thread

Go down 
+22
Sickle_Claw
Robotpo
doyouthinkhesaurus
V.a.nublarensis
Scott B
Dead2009
TheDreamMaster
Rhedosaurus
TyrantGojira
BarrytheOnyx
TRK/TrexKing
Dr. Wu
Hellothasaurus
Spiegel
Raptor Blue
Oshronosaurus
Lost
JPMalcolmDilo
evolution_rex
Troyal1
CT-1138
Pugpunasaurus
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 11 ... 15  Next
AuthorMessage
TheDreamMaster
Administrator
Administrator
TheDreamMaster

The Horror Movie Thread - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Horror Movie Thread   The Horror Movie Thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue May 02, 2017 6:15 pm

Dead2009 wrote:
Glen/Glenda may be in Cult of Chucky

Please no. Things were back on track, don't screw it up again.

"We'll use the Force."- Finn
 "That's not how the Force works!"- Han Solo
Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: The Horror Movie Thread   The Horror Movie Thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue May 02, 2017 9:32 pm

TheDreamMaster wrote:
Dead2009 wrote:
Glen/Glenda may be in Cult of Chucky

Please no. Things were back on track, don't screw it up again.

On cult of chucky(fan site) a few months back I'm pretty sure there was a comment from someone who was an insider to expect his whole family to return..... sooooo yeah...   lol
Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: The Horror Movie Thread   The Horror Movie Thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed May 03, 2017 5:41 am

Melissa McCarthy Will Star in R-Rated Puppet Thriller ‘The Happytime Murders’

Gross

Back to top Go down
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: The Horror Movie Thread   The Horror Movie Thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed May 03, 2017 6:20 am

Dead2009 wrote:

Gross

I'd like to see them just attempt and naturally fail at this, there will never be a better R-rated puppet movie than Peter Jackson's Meet the Feebles.

The Horror Movie Thread - Page 8 Dinosa12
Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: The Horror Movie Thread   The Horror Movie Thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed May 03, 2017 11:41 am

Dead2009 wrote:

Gross

That sounds like it would be fun to watch just for the "WTF am I watching" factor.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Horror Movie Thread   The Horror Movie Thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu May 04, 2017 3:19 pm

Dead2009 wrote:

Gross

So she'll be one of the puppets? Ha-ha. Ha-ha. Anyway, the only interesting performance I've ever seen from that woman was/is in SNL, as Spicer. But even there it's because the source material is so easy, she's basically just mimicking the real guy lol.
Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: The Horror Movie Thread   The Horror Movie Thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat May 13, 2017 7:35 pm

Prequel ‘Leatherface’ is Finally Coming in October!

Danny McBride Says ‘Halloween’ Reboot Will Make Michael Myers Scary Again

Back to top Go down
TheDreamMaster
Administrator
Administrator
TheDreamMaster

PostSubject: Re: The Horror Movie Thread   The Horror Movie Thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun May 14, 2017 11:08 pm

I just watched The Void on VOD. It was fantastic. I can't really go into details because its spoilery even to explain most of the basic plot, but it involves people trapped by a cult inside a closing hospital. If it sounds generic, trust me, it has a lot more going for it. To describe it without the plot, it's like you took Silent Hill, The Thing, and Hellraiser into a blender, but the result was just as original feeling as it feels like these other films. Really recommend anyone who loves horror to see it.

Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: The Horror Movie Thread   The Horror Movie Thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun May 21, 2017 2:52 pm

Resident Evil is getting a remake

Back to top Go down
TheDreamMaster
Administrator
Administrator
TheDreamMaster

PostSubject: Re: The Horror Movie Thread   The Horror Movie Thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun May 21, 2017 4:15 pm

Dead2009 wrote:
Resident Evil is getting a remake

I hope that means "adaptation closer to the games" and not "remake with the Alice character."

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Horror Movie Thread   The Horror Movie Thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun May 21, 2017 4:33 pm

I honestly thought that they were going to try a Claire spinoff before they rebooted the whole thing.

The last RE movie made $312 million dollars.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

If you're concerned about where this franchise is headed, then please join us.
Back to top Go down
Oshronosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Oshronosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Horror Movie Thread   The Horror Movie Thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun May 21, 2017 5:24 pm

if they actually bring in Leon this time, i think i'll actually make a point of going out and seeing it

Join the Brethren!
Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: The Horror Movie Thread   The Horror Movie Thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun May 21, 2017 6:26 pm

Leon was in the 5th one

Back to top Go down
Oshronosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Oshronosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Horror Movie Thread   The Horror Movie Thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun May 21, 2017 7:36 pm

i'd heard something to the effect that it was only briefly and then he was killed off-screen between movies (of course, i haven't made the effort to watch most of the Resident Evil movies and i don't think i've seen any all the way through in one sitting--i do know that they focus on the whole new character of Alice and i think the Redfields)

Join the Brethren!
Back to top Go down
TheDreamMaster
Administrator
Administrator
TheDreamMaster

PostSubject: Re: The Horror Movie Thread   The Horror Movie Thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun May 21, 2017 10:52 pm

Oshronosaurus wrote:
i'd heard something to the effect that it was only briefly and then he was killed off-screen between movies (of course, i haven't made the effort to watch most of the Resident Evil movies and i don't think i've seen any all the way through in one sitting--i do know that they focus on the whole new character of Alice and i think the Redfields)

"Leon"...yeah he was in the 5th one. At least they tried with Barry, who dies on film in the 5th. Leon meanwhile looked like a decent cosplay from RE4, but for some reason he was Russian. They don't mention backstory in Raccoon City, or anything. He has a weird relationship with Ada Wong, but its nothing fleshed out like the games. I'd just skip it and hope this remake gets closer to the games.

Back to top Go down
TheDreamMaster
Administrator
Administrator
TheDreamMaster

PostSubject: Re: The Horror Movie Thread   The Horror Movie Thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue May 23, 2017 5:52 pm

Promotional art for new Halloween Film: http://bloody-disgusting.com/movie/3438862/new-halloween-film-gets-early-piece-promo-art/

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Horror Movie Thread   The Horror Movie Thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat May 27, 2017 7:27 pm

Here's a look at Princess Ahmanet (Sofia Boutella) in The Mummy remake.

The Horror Movie Thread - Page 8 18622433_1884646558485427_1693026027236868260_n

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

Back to top Go down
CT-1138
Jurassic Mainframe News Team
Jurassic Mainframe News Team
CT-1138

PostSubject: Re: The Horror Movie Thread   The Horror Movie Thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun May 28, 2017 12:49 pm

Is it necrofilia to want to bone a living Mummy?

PS: that's kinda what's wrong with this movie. Those chose a hottie to be a horrific monster. Kinda messes with the message.

http://abekowalski.deviantart.com/
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: The Horror Movie Thread   The Horror Movie Thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun May 28, 2017 3:36 pm

To give Sofia Bouttella's Ahmanet some credit, I'm not getting any direct Enchantress vibes from her any more; I think she will probably be her own character and not a knockoff of a pretty lame villain. As for me, I don't necessarily have a fear of catching necrophilia, since being dead or undead is something of a turn-off for me. I hope this movie surprises me.

The Horror Movie Thread - Page 8 Dinosa12
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Horror Movie Thread   The Horror Movie Thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun May 28, 2017 3:46 pm

I just can't help but wonder how  well this would do. I still think all the past mummy movies that were made under Universal and later Hammer, got as famous as they did due to the time period in which they were made and Egyptian discoveries were still a hot thing back then. Now...not so much.

The more I think about, I can't help but wonder if they made the mummy a female since having a strong female protagonist would come across as an obvious Lara Croft wanna be.

Back to top Go down
TyrantGojira
Embryo
Embryo
TyrantGojira

PostSubject: Re: The Horror Movie Thread   The Horror Movie Thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon May 29, 2017 12:02 am

Since I'm here, I might as well tell y'all some of my favorite horror films. My personal favorites are John Carpenter's The Thing, An American Werewolf in London, Hatchet, The Wild Beasts (a very obscure Italian horror film), The Conjuring, The Horror of Dracula, Tremors, Evil Dead 2, The 80s Blon Remake, and the 80's Fly Remake.
Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: The Horror Movie Thread   The Horror Movie Thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon May 29, 2017 2:18 pm

Is Halle Berry Being Absorbed By ‘The Blob’ Remake?

Back to top Go down
TyrantGojira
Embryo
Embryo
TyrantGojira

PostSubject: Re: The Horror Movie Thread   The Horror Movie Thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon May 29, 2017 2:34 pm

Another great actor for the new film. I Honestly wish that Rob Zombie was still directingbit though. But I'm still excited none the less.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Horror Movie Thread   The Horror Movie Thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon May 29, 2017 3:06 pm

TyrantGojira wrote:
Evil Dead 2

Not the first one?

I like the second and third one just fine, but the first one was always the one that did it for me. Mostly because it took it seriously, without slapstick comedy, and also because there hasn't really been anything like that before.

But for the comedy part, I do find Ash vs Evil Dead entertaining.
Back to top Go down
TheDreamMaster
Administrator
Administrator
TheDreamMaster

PostSubject: Re: The Horror Movie Thread   The Horror Movie Thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon May 29, 2017 4:23 pm

Mistral wrote:
TyrantGojira wrote:
Evil Dead 2

Not the first one?

I like the second and third one just fine, but the first one was always the one that did it for me. Mostly because it took it seriously, without slapstick comedy, and also because there hasn't really been anything like that before.

I think Evil Dead 2 usually gets the praise as a favorite is what it does to Ash. I love the original, but Bruce Campbell plays it fairly straight and while he still gives a good performance, his character becomes much more developed in Evil Dead 2. Despite the slapstick, he plays normal in the opening, he acts insane, and finally he just has too much and goes badass to fight the evil (without the full action hero/ smart ads turn of the third film).

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Horror Movie Thread   The Horror Movie Thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon May 29, 2017 4:37 pm

TheDreamMaster wrote:
Mistral wrote:
TyrantGojira wrote:
Evil Dead 2

Not the first one?

I think Evil Dead 2 usually gets the praise as a favorite is what it does to Ash. I love the original, but Bruce Campbell plays it fairly straight and while he still gives a good performance, his character becomes much more developed in Evil Dead 2. Despite the slapstick, he plays normal in the opening, he acts insane, and finally he just has too much and goes badass to fight the evil (without the full action hero/ smart ads turn of the third film).

Yeah I know the second one is the film everyone likes. And it's still good, but every time I watch it, I never afterwards remember what happens in it, it's a big blur. Until the tree shows up anyway.

And also for the longest time I thought it was just supposed to be a complete remake of the first film, with the opening retconning the first film and Ash coming to the cabin for the "second time". Only couple of years ago I realized that wasn't the case. IMO they didn't do that good of a job in executing that aspect.

I hope that for Ash vs Evil Dead season 3, they'd bring along Renee O'Connor and maybe even Kevin Sorbo lol. Now that'd truly be a complete Xena/Hercules reunion, as not only do they already have Campbell, Lucy Lawless and Ted Raimi (well his character died I guess but that doesn't matter lol) there, but also Michael Hurst and Sam Raimi directed a couple of episodes. Plus some of the smaller role New Zealanders who were in Xena/Hercules are there as well. The spirit of Xena lives in Evil Dead Laughing
Back to top Go down
TyrantGojira
Embryo
Embryo
TyrantGojira

PostSubject: Re: The Horror Movie Thread   The Horror Movie Thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon May 29, 2017 5:37 pm

Mistral wrote:
TyrantGojira wrote:
Evil Dead 2

Not the first one?

I love the entire trilogy, but for some reason the second film has grasped most of my admiration. I don't really know how to explain it.
Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: The Horror Movie Thread   The Horror Movie Thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon May 29, 2017 5:41 pm

The Evil Dead remake was pretty fun for what its worth.

Back to top Go down
TyrantGojira
Embryo
Embryo
TyrantGojira

PostSubject: Re: The Horror Movie Thread   The Horror Movie Thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon May 29, 2017 5:51 pm

Dead2009 wrote:
The Evil Dead remake was pretty fun for what its worth.
I agree. One of the only good horror remakes in recent memory.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Horror Movie Thread   The Horror Movie Thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon May 29, 2017 5:53 pm

Lol I literally had forgotten I ever even watched the remake. And I think it's only been like a year since I saw it. It was okay I guess, at least the first half when it had some ideas about the... withdrawals or whatever that girl had.

If only had they waited a couple of years, and they'd probably skipped it altogether in favor of AvsED

It's funny, but when I think about it, I don't think I've ever seen Bruce Campbell in anything else than the Evil Dead and Xena/Hercules franchises. And one episode of X-Files.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Horror Movie Thread   The Horror Movie Thread - Page 8 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Horror Movie Thread
Page 8 of 15Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 11 ... 15  Next