Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

The Horror Movie Thread

Go down 
+22
Sickle_Claw
Robotpo
doyouthinkhesaurus
V.a.nublarensis
Scott B
Dead2009
TheDreamMaster
Rhedosaurus
TyrantGojira
BarrytheOnyx
TRK/TrexKing
Dr. Wu
Hellothasaurus
Spiegel
Raptor Blue
Oshronosaurus
Lost
JPMalcolmDilo
evolution_rex
Troyal1
CT-1138
Pugpunasaurus
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9 ... 15  Next
AuthorMessage
TheDreamMaster
Administrator
Administrator
TheDreamMaster

The Horror Movie Thread - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Horror Movie Thread   The Horror Movie Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 09, 2016 10:45 pm

Dead2009 wrote:
-RE teaser-

Oh God No.

"We'll use the Force."- Finn
 "That's not how the Force works!"- Han Solo
Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: The Horror Movie Thread   The Horror Movie Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 19, 2016 5:18 pm

‘Siren’: Here’s When You Can See Our ‘V/H/S’ Spinoff!

Quote :

“I like you.”

V/H/S breakout star Hannah Fierman is returning to her “Amateur Night” role in Siren, our non-found-footage spinoff directed by Gregg Bishop (Dance of the Dead, The Other Side, VHS: Viral).

Siren, executive produced by V/H/S director David Bruckner, is set for release in theaters on December 2, 2016 with a VOD, Digital HD and DVD date set for December 6, 2016 through Chiller Films.

Those in Chicago can catch a special screening at the Bruce Campbell Horror Film Festival this weekend on Sunday, Aug. 21 at 8 p.m. at the Muvico Rosemont. It will also play FrightFest in London on Sunday, Aug. 28 at 6:30 p.m. at Discovery Screen Two.

The film also stars Chase Williamson (The Guest, John Dies at the End, Beyond the Gates),  Justin Welborn (The Final Destination, The Signal),  Michael Aaron Milligan (Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri), Hayes Mercure (Mascots), and Randy McDowell (Elvis).

Based on a short by David Bruckner, the feature was written by Ben Collins and Luke Piotrowski.

“‘Siren’ is a horror-thriller about Jonah, an apprehensive groom-to-be whose bachelor party turns into a nightmare when he frees a seemingly innocent victimized girl locked up in a supernatural sex club. Her ruthless handler and proprietor of the sex club will stop at nothing to re-capture his prize. Jonah struggles to rescue the girl only to discover it is he who needs to be rescued as he comes to the realization that she is a dangerous fabled predator who has chosen him as her prize.”

All of my HYPE! That was the best short of the first V/H/S/ hands down.

Back to top Go down
TheDreamMaster
Administrator
Administrator
TheDreamMaster

PostSubject: Re: The Horror Movie Thread   The Horror Movie Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 21, 2016 3:38 am

I've been reading the book "Crystal Lake Memories", and one thing I never knew was David Goyer anonymously polished the script to Freddy vs. Jason. Not that it's a great movie, but I love it. Just some trivia I never knew.

Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: The Horror Movie Thread   The Horror Movie Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2016 5:27 am

Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: The Horror Movie Thread   The Horror Movie Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 27, 2016 2:01 pm

‘Trick ‘r Treat 2’ Update Directly from Michael Dougherty

Back to top Go down
TheDreamMaster
Administrator
Administrator
TheDreamMaster

PostSubject: Re: The Horror Movie Thread   The Horror Movie Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 01, 2016 11:17 pm

31- A Rob Zombie Film :

Well, as some of you know, I'm not the biggest supporter of Rob Zombie. I found his early music good, but most everything in the last decade or so I haven't been a big fan of. I liked House of 1000 Corpses, and loved The Devil's Rejects, but everything from there was down hill. Halloween I disliked, H2 I hated, and Lords of Salem had a couple decent moments, but mostly dragged and eventually stumbled into the nonsensical. To say I wasn't expecting anything highly from this film would be underselling my expectations. As it turns out I wasn't wrong to set my expectations so low...but that doesn't mean what I saw was necessarily bad.

31 is probably Zombie's best, in my own opinion, since The Devil's Rejects, maybe Halloween if you liked that one. That isn't to say it's a complex movie, far from it in fact. The story can be summed up in a couple sentences: A group of people who work for some sort of fair or carnival are traveling back home on Halloween. After encountering a road block, they are taken hostage and forced to fight for their life in a 12-hour game called 31.

Forgive me that I don't recall the character names of most of the main cast. They aren't generic, they've got their own qualities, but I only recall Sheri Moon Zombie as Charlie, since they scream her name a few times, and I'm just going off memory here. The killers are....sort of one note. There's Sick-Head, a little person latino, who paints himself like and idolizes Adolf Hitler. There's Schizo-Head and Psycho-Head, two brothers dressed like clowns with chainsaws. There's Sex Head and Death Head, a small sexy woman (played by E.G. Daily of all people, aka Tommy Pickles from Rugrats.) and a large German Man, both wearing white shirts and tutus. Lastly, there's Doom-Head, the most fleshed out killer, who we still learn very little about, but get a lot of his personality. In character he seems very insane, but when we see him briefly in his home, he seems like a pretty regular guy. There's also a group of older people, two older woman, and one man (played by Malcolm McDowell) who are bidding on the five victims for some unknown purpose. I think they were some sort of Satanists, as we see a lit up pentagram table they are betting on, but otherwise, they just seem to like screwing with people.

It's a pretty simply, pretty brutal movie. There's a couple problems that stand out, besides the one note killers. first off, the cinematography is all over the place. In one particular fight, the jump cuts were so bad, it was hard to tell what was going on. Things were happening, but it was so fast, and shaky, I couldn't follow very well. The next thing, and I stress this for anyone with even mild epilepsy: there is a scene that goes on for several minutes, with the brightest strobe effects I've ever seen in a film, and while they occasionally cut away, it's never long enough for my eyes to readjust before being assaulted again. There's still more shakey cam in other places, and it was frustrating, since I was actually pretty engaged in the film.

So here's one of my last problems: Sheri Moon Zombie. She's not bad, her acting is pretty well better than all the other films I've seen her in. The problem is, in terms of Rob's films, even the ones I don't like, she's kind of overused. I mean every movie she has to have some major part (hell, H2 shoehorned her in in the stupidest way yet.), and knowing she was a main character here, and one of the good guys, I just couldn't care since I was sure she'd make it to the end. She's not the worst, but it's like Johnny Depp and Tim Burton, I like them both, but it wears very, very thin after a while together.

So, overall, I actually did enjoy myself despite the flaws. It's far from perfect, and doesn't quite reach The Devil's Rejects or House of 1000 Corpses, but it's got some good points, and some good characters. The effects work is good, while I wasn't a huge fan of the factory setting, there are set pieces that were nice. My overall rating of the film would be 6.5/10 .

Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: The Horror Movie Thread   The Horror Movie Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 04, 2016 11:59 pm

I finally watched Conjuring 2 on friday and holy...sh*t that movie was good.

Back to top Go down
Lost
Ceratosaurus
Ceratosaurus
Lost

PostSubject: Re: The Horror Movie Thread   The Horror Movie Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 05, 2016 4:50 pm

Dead2009 wrote:

Well, this is without a doubt the horror movie I've waited for the longest in my life (about ten years, at least hoping for it to happen), so I'm excited. News has been EXTREMELY hard to come by about this movie, we've basically just had a title for the longest time. And releasing the first trailer two months before release is pretty batshit insane. But I'm excited to finally see the trailer! Bring on Samara! cheers

EDIT: Oh, and Vincent D'Onofrio is in it. My favorite actor from JW. 'Nuff said. Cool
Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: The Horror Movie Thread   The Horror Movie Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 15, 2016 2:51 pm

This isnt much of a teaser but uhh yeah

Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: The Horror Movie Thread   The Horror Movie Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 20, 2016 2:04 pm

‘Puppet Master: Axis Termination’ Pays Homage to ‘A Nightmare on Elm Street: Dream Warriors’

Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: The Horror Movie Thread   The Horror Movie Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 04, 2016 1:49 pm

Not sure I'm going to be interested in AMC's Fearfest this year...half of it is dominated by Walking Dead marathons and I simply do not give a damn about Walking Dead.

Back to top Go down
TheDreamMaster
Administrator
Administrator
TheDreamMaster

PostSubject: Re: The Horror Movie Thread   The Horror Movie Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 04, 2016 2:32 pm

I love the TWD, but AMC can screw right off if that's what they're doing.

As its my favorite, I'll always support it, but Halloween is starting to feel like a dead holiday to me in terms of the overall populace. Haunted houses and big theme parks still do stuff, but with the overly PC nature of everyone, kids don't trick or treat like they used to, giant sections of Walmart dedicated to it are down to an aisle or two while Christmas already begins in the garden center, TV stations now barley show any good marathons until right before the holiday. Hell, AMC used to dedicate the entire month to this holiday.
I say this as a father of two, but god forbid we watch our kids at a safe distance and let them trick or treat like kids have done for the last 75+ years, lets instead heard them into a parking lot for "trunk or treat" for ten minutes then go home with a years worth of dental bills. It's never been about the candy for me. It was always about the costumes the atmosphere, and when I got older, the horror. It's not celebrating death and murder, but fear in all its forms, and having fun with that.

Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: The Horror Movie Thread   The Horror Movie Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 08, 2016 1:41 pm

Back to top Go down
Oshronosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Oshronosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Horror Movie Thread   The Horror Movie Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 18, 2016 6:40 pm

i'd heard that the found-footage film The Gallows wasn't very good, but i'm glad i got the chance to watch it myself

the reviews were right. it sucks. not gonna be watchin' this one again.

Join the Brethren!
Back to top Go down
TRK/TrexKing
Administrator
Administrator
TRK/TrexKing

PostSubject: Re: The Horror Movie Thread   The Horror Movie Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 18, 2016 7:00 pm

I am tossing up seeing Ouija. It does seem a bit far fetched though.

Administrator
Administrator
TheDreamMaster

PostSubject: Re: The Horror Movie Thread   The Horror Movie Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 20, 2016 11:22 am

TRK wrote:
I am tossing up seeing Ouija. It does seem a bit far fetched though.

First one or new one coming out? I hear the enw one is pretty decent but the trailers spoiled a lot of the film. The original got terrible reviews, and I never even saw it myself.

Got my copy of Scream Factory's The Exorcist III Blu-Ray, which includes the never before seen Director's Cut (Sadly, not the original Director's Cut, as the footage is apparently lost. From what was said, they found tapes of dailies, alternate takes and whatnot, which included takes from the cut scenes. They cleaned them up some, but not to the standards of the rest of the film, and inserted them to create a cut as close to the original version as possible.).

Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: The Horror Movie Thread   The Horror Movie Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 21, 2016 8:15 pm

The first Ouija is pretty good but I have mixed feelings on the sequel/prequel. It looks kinda bleh but Ill probably end up seeing it anyway.

Back to top Go down
Oshronosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Oshronosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Horror Movie Thread   The Horror Movie Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 21, 2016 9:56 pm

you guys seen MatPat's Film Theory video on it? he puts forth the suggestion that the Ouija films are set in the same universe of The Exorcist, and in fact that the events of each of them are pretty closely linked

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-IAHrfZxzB4

Join the Brethren!
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Horror Movie Thread   The Horror Movie Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 24, 2016 6:27 pm

There will a be a new form of Zenomorph in Alien:Covenant. The Neomorph.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

If you're concerned about where this franchise is headed, then please join us.
Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: The Horror Movie Thread   The Horror Movie Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 25, 2016 8:35 am

Back to top Go down
Oshronosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Oshronosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Horror Movie Thread   The Horror Movie Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 25, 2016 10:26 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:
There will a be a new form of Zenomorph in Alien:Covenant. The Neomorph.
gee, i wonder where they got the name? Razz

Join the Brethren!
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Horror Movie Thread   The Horror Movie Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 26, 2016 6:01 pm

Dead2009 wrote:

Ali Larter really has aged well, TBH, I'm not sure if she's aged at all. The more I think about, the more I think that she would have been one of the better actresses if she didn't decide to make herself a semi-niche actress.
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Horror Movie Thread   The Horror Movie Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2016 7:14 pm

The Alien Neomorphs are revealed!

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

If you're concerned about where this franchise is headed, then please join us.
Back to top Go down
Oshronosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Oshronosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Horror Movie Thread   The Horror Movie Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 29, 2016 10:51 pm

wait, that's neomorph? coulda sworn it was necromorph. now i feel silly for making that snarky comment before Razz

Join the Brethren!
Back to top Go down
TheDreamMaster
Administrator
Administrator
TheDreamMaster

PostSubject: Re: The Horror Movie Thread   The Horror Movie Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 30, 2016 2:42 am

2 more days til Halloween, Halloween. 2 more days til Halloween, Silver Shamrock.

Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: The Horror Movie Thread   The Horror Movie Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 01, 2016 12:09 pm

I spent Halloween watching the original Poltergeist, such a good film.

Back to top Go down
Oshronosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Oshronosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Horror Movie Thread   The Horror Movie Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 02, 2016 11:33 pm

i marathoned the first two seasons of Lost Tapes, personally. unfortunately the third season wasn't on that YouTube playlist so i watched my favorites from the third season instead: "Beast of Bray Road", "Q: The Serpent God", "Wendigo: American Cannibal", "Yeti", "Poltergeist", and "Zombies" (though not in that order--i made a point of watching the wendigo and poltergeist episodes in the middle because they're undoubtedly the scariest not just in that season, but in the entire series and used Bray Road as a cool-down at the end of the night). i wasn't paying as much attention as i could've throughout the night, though, since i was working the door for trick-or-treaters--i dressed up as Black Mask Smile

Join the Brethren!
Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: The Horror Movie Thread   The Horror Movie Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 07, 2016 6:07 pm

Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: The Horror Movie Thread   The Horror Movie Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 09, 2016 4:25 pm

Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: The Horror Movie Thread   The Horror Movie Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 15, 2016 2:42 pm

There’s a ‘Don’t Breathe’ Sequel in the Works
http://bloody-disgusting.com/movie/3414469/dont-breathe-sequel-works/

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Horror Movie Thread   The Horror Movie Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Horror Movie Thread
Page 3 of 15Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9 ... 15  Next