Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal

Go down 
+31
Randomosaur
SmugTheFab
Camarasaur8
Spiegel
BarrytheOnyx
Tyrant Lizard
TheDreamMaster
Spinosaur4.4
Minmi
Theta Rex
tigris115
Lord Kristine
JPMalcolmDilo
Rhedosaurus
evolution_rex
Fossildude747
Dr. Wu
Raptor Blue
TheRexMan22
CaptainNoodles
Katana
Gojira2014
CloneTrooper101
Prowler
CT-1138
Levine
Sickle_Claw
TRK/TrexKing
Troyal1
Dead2009
Océane
35 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 17  Next
AuthorMessage
Prowler
Hatchling
Hatchling
Prowler

Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal   Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2016 12:48 am

Katana wrote:
Prowler wrote:
The problem with that is that the police need proof and that they can't arrest someone because of online bashing or indirect comments that don't mention my sister by name. Either way, the psycho could likely just have a twisted sense of humor knowing her considering the way she posts. My sister is safe for the most part as she lives in another state since she moved with her fiance-now-husband.  He's a much better guy than the loser she was with before. I just wouldn't put it past her if she was involved in that call.

Im not saying arrest her, and like you said they cant do anything over online bashing, but keep them informed so if something does happen IRL they know there is a history of bad behavior from the nut job.

Im glad your sister is physically far from her, as that does dramatically lower the risk of danger, and Im glad she is with a much better person. Just remember to tread on an air of caution, as she sounds like real trouble.

Not to worry, I'm always cautious and stick to public areas with one ear out. Still, I'd like it if my sister was still the fighter she was back then. She took martial arts before I did and was one rank away from her black belt. She and a friend of hers were jumped by 5 other girls in middle school. While they were pulling hair, my sister was giving throwing lefts and rights.

I appreciate the concern you guys, this is something I really had to get off my chest.

CaptainNoodles
Compsognathus
Compsognathus
CaptainNoodles

PostSubject: Re: Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal   Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2016 1:00 am

Prowler wrote:
A few days ago, my dad received a call at work and heard a girl screaming claiming it was my sister. He knew the voice wasn't hers but someone else took the phone from the girl claiming they had my sister and wanted a ransom. It was one of those fake kidnapping phone calls and thankfully he didn't fall for it. The question however, is how the hell did they know my dad and sister's name and get my dad's number? My brother in law filed a police report and they said it had to be someone we know.

My sister and I suspect it's her ex-boyfriend's girlfriend. Ever since my sister dumped that loser, his new girlfriend has constantly made fun of my sister with her sisters and mom joining in on the bashing. She acts like my sister wants that idiot back and is trying to take him away from her. Then she goes around posting that "some people" (my sister) try to copy her style when it's the other way around. My sister isn't even causing her trouble, it's not her fault she and the guy dated before that psycho did. Plus, my sister's ex apparently shared some secrets that were between him and my sister which only makes it worse. She constantly posts in all caps making indirect remarks while posting trying to pass herself off as some kind of angel. That bitch is unbalanced and I know she's gone through his phone, likely finding our numbers. Weeks back we got a call home from some girl we didn't know asking for my sister; now we think it was her. She even knows where we live and the cars we drive. She has issues.

She lives in my sister's shadow, using the same make up and hairstyle because she can't get over the fact that the chump she's with was still obsessing over my sister like a lost pup.

Police unfortunately cannot do anything without hard evidence.  You can suspect it is that person, but unless you have some kind of concrete evidence for it that is in fact this girl, they can't do much in regards to mild harassment charges.

I agree with TDM.  You will be surprised what scammers can find on the internet.  My grandma got similar calls, saying my cousin (yes, using a real name of my cousin) got into a car accident and needed a loan of a couple thousand dollars.  Scammers are everywhere.

As for myself, honestly, I can attest to what a terrible significant other can do to you.
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
TheDreamMaster
Administrator
Administrator
TheDreamMaster

PostSubject: Re: Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal   Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2016 3:34 am

CaptainNoodles wrote:
Prowler wrote:
A few days ago, my dad received a call at work and heard a girl screaming claiming it was my sister. He knew the voice wasn't hers but someone else took the phone from the girl claiming they had my sister and wanted a ransom. It was one of those fake kidnapping phone calls and thankfully he didn't fall for it. The question however, is how the hell did they know my dad and sister's name and get my dad's number? My brother in law filed a police report and they said it had to be someone we know.

My sister and I suspect it's her ex-boyfriend's girlfriend. Ever since my sister dumped that loser, his new girlfriend has constantly made fun of my sister with her sisters and mom joining in on the bashing. She acts like my sister wants that idiot back and is trying to take him away from her. Then she goes around posting that "some people" (my sister) try to copy her style when it's the other way around. My sister isn't even causing her trouble, it's not her fault she and the guy dated before that psycho did. Plus, my sister's ex apparently shared some secrets that were between him and my sister which only makes it worse. She constantly posts in all caps making indirect remarks while posting trying to pass herself off as some kind of angel. That bitch is unbalanced and I know she's gone through his phone, likely finding our numbers. Weeks back we got a call home from some girl we didn't know asking for my sister; now we think it was her. She even knows where we live and the cars we drive. She has issues.

She lives in my sister's shadow, using the same make up and hairstyle because she can't get over the fact that the chump she's with was still obsessing over my sister like a lost pup.

Police unfortunately cannot do anything without hard evidence.  You can suspect it is that person, but unless you have some kind of concrete evidence for it that is in fact this girl, they can't do much in regards to mild harassment charges.

I agree with TDM.  You will be surprised what scammers can find on the internet.  My grandma got similar calls, saying my cousin (yes, using a real name of my cousin) got into a car accident and needed a loan of a couple thousand dollars.  Scammers are everywhere.

As for myself, honestly, I can attest to what a terrible significant other can do to you.
Spoiler:

The worst part is, it goes through several websites, so even if you get it off the first search result, chances are other sites have picked it up by now and have similar information. Eventually you are clicking through virus alerts and other shady bullcrap and it's just not coming off. At the end of the day you have to keep an eye on what is yours, and know things are bad out there.

"We'll use the Force."- Finn
 "That's not how the Force works!"- Han Solo
Back to top Go down
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal   Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2016 10:57 pm

Prowler, I hope everything goes right for you and your sister.

Former JPL member, Spinosaur4.4.

Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal - Page 2 LYHX0zA
Back to top Go down
Prowler
Hatchling
Hatchling
Prowler

PostSubject: Re: Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal   Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 27, 2016 3:44 am

Thanks, man, so far nothing else has happened since that phone call.

And, Captain, I'm very sorry for what you had to go through. If you ever feel like you need a confidence boost, consider martial arts. It's helped me out as a kid and it's helped me again.

Gojira2014, sorry about your dog. I was always attached to my grandparents' dog as a kid until he passed away. I was told he was given to a friend of theirs and moved until I was told some years later that he died. It's never easy to let go. As for Judo class, what's the instructor like? Is he always keeping an eye out? My instructor has his eyes and ears everywhere because 3 of the 4 walls are all mirrors and he usually has 1-3 other instructors with him.

CaptainNoodles
Compsognathus
Compsognathus
CaptainNoodles

PostSubject: Re: Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal   Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 27, 2016 9:37 pm

Well, at least you actually acknowledged it. So thank you. I appreciate it.
Back to top Go down
TheRexMan22
Veteran
Veteran
TheRexMan22

PostSubject: Re: Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal   Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 27, 2016 9:58 pm

My condolences to the guys who are struggling. I'm too easygoing to have any troubles myself, but sorry to hear about your various dilemmas. I hope they get sorted out. Keep you in my thoughts. <3

[color=#33ccff]
Back to top Go down
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal   Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2016 10:13 am

I feel useless since I'm 22 and I don't have a job.

Back to top Go down
Katana
Hatchling
Hatchling
Katana

PostSubject: Re: Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal   Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 30, 2016 5:33 am

@Spino4.4, do you go to school? Thats pretty much unpaid work IMO. Even if you dont so long as you are trying to grt a job/do something with yourself you are not usless.

On a less serious note, I am so sick and tired of hearing people (especially my teachers) call Jurassic World "horrible", "the absolute worst", and "a really s***ty movie". I get not everyone has the same tastes, but Jurassic World is far from the worst thing out there. There are massive amounts of movies that are faaaaaar more worse movies than JW.

JW is a good movie. Perfect? No not at all. Great, subjective. But it has clear direction, it knows what it is, and it as fun sequell that knows it cant beat JP so it pays respect to its heritage and goes down its own path. Its like people, especially film makers, seem to really dump on it hard simply for the sake of sounding pretentious.

Again, people can hate it. Its fine, everyone has a right to their own tastes. But be reasonable and really put things in perspective before spouting off words for the sake of being dramatic.

Formally: Sinncrow
Back to top Go down
CT-1138
Jurassic Mainframe News Team
Jurassic Mainframe News Team
CT-1138

PostSubject: Re: Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal   Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 30, 2016 11:13 am

Spinosaur4.4 wrote:
I feel useless since I'm 22 and I don't have a job.
I'm 23 and have been failing all summer to find a job. It's more common than you think, so don't feel bad.

http://abekowalski.deviantart.com/
Raptor Blue
Embryo
Embryo
Raptor Blue

PostSubject: Re: Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal   Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 30, 2016 12:28 pm

For the past 3 years, I've smoked and drank to help cope with my depression and anxiety. Now I feel like the only times I am happy are when I'm drunk or high. Or both.
Back to top Go down
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal   Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 30, 2016 12:54 pm

Katana wrote:
@Spino4.4, do you go to school? Thats pretty much unpaid work IMO. Even if you dont so long as you are trying to grt a job/do something with yourself you are not usless.

On a less serious note, I am so sick and tired of hearing people (especially my teachers) call Jurassic World "horrible", "the absolute worst", and "a really s***ty movie". I get not everyone has the same tastes, but Jurassic World is far from the worst thing out there. There are massive amounts of movies that are faaaaaar more worse movies than JW.

JW is a good movie. Perfect? No not at all. Great, subjective. But it has clear direction, it knows what it is, and it as fun sequell that knows it cant beat JP so it pays respect to its heritage and goes down its own path. Its like people, especially film makers, seem to really dump on it hard simply for the sake of sounding pretentious.

Again, people can hate it. Its fine, everyone has a right to their own tastes. But be reasonable and really put things in perspective before spouting off words for the sake of being dramatic.

I finished school. I think it's called High School there. I now need to go to university. I want to study biology, but I'm too dumb to pass the test and enter university. I'm feeling horrible. I think I'll never ever enter and not be scientist.

I'm doing nothing. I spend 24hs on the PC.

Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal   Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 30, 2016 12:57 pm

Raptor Blue wrote:
For the past 3 years, I've smoked and drank to help cope with my depression and anxiety. Now I feel like the only times I am happy are when I'm drunk or high. Or both.
I can relate to this all too well. I'm sorry Sad, I have a few completely legal addictions. They may be prescribed by doctors but they are still addicting. I too, find that I'm not happy at all when I'm not on a substance. It's a bad trap to get into. 

On another note, I'm having my sleep study on the 17th. Very worried. Apparently the drugs the doctor prescribed may be cross tolerant with what I already take. So they might not even help me sleep that night. The nurse called and she said she "thinks" it will be fine. But I'm calling back to speak to the doctor first hand. They're probably gonna think I'm a nut and get frustrated with me lol. Really nervous.
Back to top Go down
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal   Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 30, 2016 1:21 pm

Also, I just hate science deniers. I'm so fucking tired to read a bunch of ignorant neanderthalensis IQ meatbags  write comments in internet saying stuff like "Huh and scientists talk about that Big Bang bullshit lmao And ppl still belive in it lmao" or "Evolution is bs, only God can create something so perfect"...

It's so easy to deny science while using a computer, eletricity and internet to write those crappy comments. It's so easy to say it's bullshit and you don't belive in it, but no one wants to prove scientists wrong, right? No one has evidences or write an scientific articles proving scientists wrong. But they still have inflated egos to act like they know MORE than scientists about a subject that requires a lot of studying to understand. I mean, sure, an useless meatbag like you that don't have a PHD or didn't even read the basic of Big Bang theory for example, knows more than ALL the scientific academy, right?

Not to mention, their fairth is so fragile, and their ego is so big to think they're important for the universe, that they became offended by science. You can acept science and still belive in God. And if you don't belive in God, you can still acept science too. That's what an inteligent person do.

And it's not about "belive" or have "fairth" in science. Science works with evidence. If you belive in evolution or not, that doesn't matter, bc evolution happens, acepting you or not. There's enough evidence there to prove that evolution is most certain a fact. But of course, if scientists find an evidence that proves evolution wrong, I'll accept it. But it's not saying "Evolution is bs" that you'll debunk a scientific theory (Theory in science doesn't mean hypothesis).

I'm really sorry if I'm getting over the top, but this stuff makes me mad as hell. No one likes scientists, bc they tell you the truth and reality about the world we live, and truth hurts. I just think there's a lot of scientists working out there to make the world a better place for us, and they don't get recognized bc of those bastards that do nothing for the world and think they know all or are too dumb to find answers and just say "God made it and it's perfect"...

To quote someone (I think it's Carl Sagan): "I don't want to belive, I want to know".

Back to top Go down
Levine
Veteran
Veteran
Levine

PostSubject: Re: Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal   Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 30, 2016 2:51 pm

I passed freshman year, I think. I checked my grades and it's all passing, but the thing is the credits is what determines it and I'm scared I didnt get enough to advance (I got eight, but I failed a class last year and didnt get credit, not to mention I'm taking a class I dont get credit for (IB Mentoring), so I'm just hoping I did (since the class I failed gave me a whole credit where everything else is a .5).
Back to top Go down
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal   Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 30, 2016 4:02 pm

I was cleaning my old aquarium and I started feel bad about it. I was a kid and earned 3 fishes, they all died in 7 months bc I was so dumb and ignorant. I killed them. I killed 3 lifes. I know it's so long ago, and some ppl will say "they're just fish" but for me it still hurts. It hurts my ignorance took 3 lifes. Just bc it's a fish doesn't mean their lifes aren't valuable. I would say they matter the same as my life.

I plan to make a diorama with the aquarium, hope it works and my dinosaurs don't smell fish.

Back to top Go down
Dr. Wu
Veteran
Veteran
Dr. Wu

PostSubject: Re: Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal   Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 30, 2016 5:14 pm

Spinosaur4.4 wrote:
Also, I just hate science deniers. I'm so fucking tired to read a bunch of ignorant neanderthalensis IQ meatbags  write comments in internet saying stuff like "Huh and scientists talk about that Big Bang bullshit lmao And ppl still belive in it lmao" or "Evolution is bs, only God can create something so perfect"...

It's so easy to deny science while using a computer, eletricity and internet to write those crappy comments. It's so easy to say it's bullshit and you don't belive in it, but no one wants to prove scientists wrong, right? No one has evidences or write an scientific articles proving scientists wrong. But they still have inflated egos to act like they know MORE than scientists about a subject that requires a lot of studying to understand. I mean, sure, an useless meatbag like you that don't have a PHD or didn't even read the basic of Big Bang theory for example, knows more than ALL the scientific academy, right?

Not to mention, their fairth is so fragile, and their ego is so big to think they're important for the universe, that they became offended by science. You can acept science and still belive in God. And if you don't belive in God, you can still acept science too. That's what an inteligent person do.

And it's not about "belive" or have "fairth" in science. Science works with evidence. If you belive in evolution or not, that doesn't matter, bc evolution happens, acepting you or not. There's enough evidence there to prove that evolution is most certain a fact. But of course, if scientists find an evidence that proves evolution wrong, I'll accept it. But it's not saying "Evolution is bs" that you'll debunk a scientific theory (Theory in science doesn't mean hypothesis).

I'm really sorry if I'm getting over the top, but this stuff makes me mad as hell. No one likes scientists, bc they tell you the truth and reality about the world we live, and truth hurts. I just think there's a lot of scientists working out there to make the world a better place for us, and they don't get recognized bc of those bastards that do nothing for the world and think they know all or are too dumb to find answers and just say "God made it and it's perfect"...

To quote someone (I think it's Carl Sagan): "I don't want to belive, I want to know".
ls your family religious? Mine are and we sometimes argue about that. We'll always love each other though despite disagreements.

Océane

PostSubject: Re: Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal   Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 30, 2016 8:37 pm

Spinosaur4.4 wrote:
I was cleaning my old aquarium and I started feel bad about it. I was a kid and earned 3 fishes, they all died in 7 months bc I was so dumb and ignorant. I killed them. I killed 3 lifes. I know it's so long ago, and some ppl will say "they're just fish" but for me it still hurts. It hurts my ignorance took 3 lifes. Just bc it's a fish doesn't mean their lifes aren't valuable. I would say they matter the same as my life.

You have no idea... 28. It wasn't until the last aquarium (#2 out of 6) emptied that I realized what I have been doing is inhumane. Only a few animals lasted more than 3 years.

Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal   Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 30, 2016 11:58 pm

I miss my fish tank. I had a 90 gallon saltwater tank but my dad made me sell it Sad.
Back to top Go down
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal   Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 01, 2016 11:17 am

I still want to have another aquarium and try again. I'm reading and learning from my mistakes. But I'll only have one when I'm fully secure in what I'm doing. I don't want the fish to suffer.

Back to top Go down
CaptainNoodles
Compsognathus
Compsognathus
CaptainNoodles

PostSubject: Re: Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal   Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 01, 2016 7:03 pm

RaptorLover0823 wrote:
Spinosaur4.4 wrote:

You have no idea... 28. It wasn't until the last aquarium (#2 out of 6) emptied that I realized what I have been doing is inhumane. Only a few animals lasted more than 3 years.

At last, finally, someone who appreciates fish.

I have a 90 gallon tank and collectively maintain 110 gallons of water.  But I wouldn't call fish keeping inherently inhumane any more than having a pet dog or cat.  Sorry to hear about the losses though. Sad

There's probably a reason the fish didn't last more than three years.  I've had fish live longer than their actual listed lifespan, with one tetra in particular lasting through 2 hurricanes and six years total.  If anyone wants any advice on fishkeeping, feel free to PM me.  Have about 15 years experience with various types of fish, including aggressive, large, and venomous.

I'm a member of a forum and am more or less known as the fish doctor because of my knowledge of illnesses and antibiotics.  So if anyone wants advice, I'm open.  I urge anyone looking to get back into the hobby to do so - we don't look down upon others who don't know as much, as we just want to make sure your fish are happy and healthy.

@Spino, it's never just a fish.  I had a betta for about a year who was a rescue (as in rescued from bad condtions) and I loved that fish so much I buried it with a potted plant outside.  Cried for days.
Back to top Go down
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal   Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 02, 2016 10:40 am

CaptainNoodles wrote:
RaptorLover0823 wrote:
Spinosaur4.4 wrote:

At last, finally, someone who appreciates fish.

I have a 90 gallon tank and collectively maintain 110 gallons of water.  But I wouldn't call fish keeping inherently inhumane any more than having a pet dog or cat.  Sorry to hear about the losses though. Sad

There's probably a reason the fish didn't last more than three years.  I've had fish live longer than their actual listed lifespan, with one tetra in particular lasting through 2 hurricanes and six years total.  If anyone wants any advice on fishkeeping, feel free to PM me.  Have about 15 years experience with various types of fish, including aggressive, large, and venomous.

I'm a member of a forum and am more or less known as the fish doctor because of my knowledge of illnesses and antibiotics.  So if anyone wants advice, I'm open.  I urge anyone looking to get back into the hobby to do so - we don't look down upon others who don't know as much, as we just want to make sure your fish are happy and healthy.

@Spino, it's never just a fish.  I had a betta for about a year who was a rescue (as in rescued from bad condtions) and I loved that fish so much I buried it with a potted plant outside.  Cried for days.

I cried for days also when my fish died. I plan to have a betta latter, never had one and they look beautiful and interesting to have.

Back to top Go down
CaptainNoodles
Compsognathus
Compsognathus
CaptainNoodles

PostSubject: Re: Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal   Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 02, 2016 10:42 am

Well, if you want advice, feel free to pm.
Back to top Go down
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal   Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 02, 2016 10:51 am

Thank you. Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Océane
Océane

PostSubject: Re: Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal   Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 02, 2016 2:57 pm

It doesn't help that my local Petco is a flipping fish slaughter house, in fact, this location and supposedly others have stopped selling saltwater because they didn't have a single clue what they were doing.

Anyways, I'd be willing to restore my 4 gallon saltwater aquarium, but we have to find out if there's still a Randall's Pistol Shrimp in there. I've also been thinking about taking in my friend's 10 gallon, since they don't use it anymore.

CaptainNoodles
Compsognathus
Compsognathus
CaptainNoodles

PostSubject: Re: Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal   Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 02, 2016 7:16 pm

A 4 gallon saltwater aquarium, or anything "nano" (anything below 30g) in saltwater is largely the hardest tank to maintain in the hobby.  You might want to consider going freshwater.  That would probably explain why you lost many fish.

Most, if not all, saltwater fish are wild caught and thereby extremely hard to keep in captivity after the trauma of being captured as well as the difficult environment in general.
Back to top Go down
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal   Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 02, 2016 10:13 pm

^Well, I think that's why my fish died. My tank had only 20L. Sad

But mine wasn't saltwater. I learned that they're more harder to keep.

Back to top Go down
CaptainNoodles
Compsognathus
Compsognathus
CaptainNoodles

PostSubject: Re: Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal   Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 04, 2016 8:48 pm

Smaller tanks are generally harder to keep because tanks in themselves are a closed system.  The bigger the system, the more efficient the system is.  For a small tank, temp changes, ammonia spikes, etc etc, are all much more drastic.

Not much can be kept in a 20L tank as well.
Back to top Go down
Océane
Océane

PostSubject: Re: Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal   Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2016 7:45 am

So, My sister had a party last night, and my mother and I were shoved into the bedroom for all night. She had been saying "I'll have 'em out by 11." eventually the clock hit 11:30, so I had to say something, "I thought you were going to have everyone out by now" She for some reason took extreme offense to this, and started to yell at me and even threatened to come into the bedroom and attack me, so all I could do was constantly apologize and hope for mercy.

Thankfully, about 7 minutes she came to her senses and apologized, having realized that she was drunk off her a**. I woke up about 20 minutes ago to find that the party had finally ended, and first thing I said, "Mom, next party, no jello shots for the host." We laughed for a bit, and well, now I'm here.

Oh yeah, quick note, I'm going to be offline (I'll still be on Facebook) for a family roadtrip until I think the 16th. Adios.

Prowler
Hatchling
Hatchling
Prowler

PostSubject: Re: Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal   Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 13, 2016 11:02 pm

Chalk one up for the friend zone. xP

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal   Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal
Page 2 of 17Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 17  Next