Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal

Go down 
+31
Randomosaur
SmugTheFab
Camarasaur8
Spiegel
BarrytheOnyx
Tyrant Lizard
TheDreamMaster
Spinosaur4.4
Minmi
Theta Rex
tigris115
Lord Kristine
JPMalcolmDilo
Rhedosaurus
evolution_rex
Fossildude747
Dr. Wu
Raptor Blue
TheRexMan22
CaptainNoodles
Katana
Gojira2014
CloneTrooper101
Prowler
CT-1138
Levine
Sickle_Claw
TRK/TrexKing
Troyal1
Dead2009
Océane
35 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17  Next
AuthorMessage
Lord Kristine
Veteran
Veteran
Lord Kristine

Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal - Page 16 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal   Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal - Page 16 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2018 7:44 pm

My boss is pretty good about not stocking those items, and is very open to criticism. Funny thing, though, I encountered another bit of racism yesterday when some asshole shoved his way through a crowd of pedestrians shouting racial slurs at asian people. I think it's the same guy who yelled at a disabled man a few weeks ago. People suck.

Gallimimus
Gallimimus
TyrannosaurTJ

PostSubject: Re: Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal   Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal - Page 16 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2018 8:07 am

Just about a week left of treatments to go, I'm handling it fine mostly. Unfortunately the fatigue is kicking me down a lot. I think it'll take me about a month to feel back to some state of normalcy when I'm finished. Last day for Radiation is October 22nd. I am glad a lot of stuff I was afraid of happening to me as a result of it didn't come to fruition.

"So you walk eternally through the shadow realms, standing against evil where all others falter. May your thirst for retribution never quench, may the blood on your sword never dry, and may we never need you again." - Corrax Entry 7:17
Back to top Go down
http://www.jurassic-pedia.com/
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal   Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal - Page 16 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 16, 2018 7:26 am

Update on the shitty situation I've been in at work. Still not talking with the buddy, although she's been laughing at stupid memes I've been sending her lately. Just sucks because we're in month #2 of not having a full conversation. Also, one of the jackoffs that went around spreading that rumor? Apparently hates having his balls busted in a text message because I sent a joke about him and another woman that everyone was joking with him about and he got super offended.

Back to top Go down
TyrannosaurTJ
Gallimimus
Gallimimus
TyrannosaurTJ

PostSubject: Re: Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal   Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 20, 2018 11:54 am

As of Monday I am hopefully complete and finished with my radiation treatments. I am relived that they have not been as bad as I feared. Hopefully I can get my MRI done down here instead of driving up to Cleveland or so and my neurosurgeon is happy with the results along with my oncologist.

"So you walk eternally through the shadow realms, standing against evil where all others falter. May your thirst for retribution never quench, may the blood on your sword never dry, and may we never need you again." - Corrax Entry 7:17
Back to top Go down
http://www.jurassic-pedia.com/
Lord Kristine
Veteran
Veteran
Lord Kristine

PostSubject: Re: Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal   Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 03, 2018 1:07 am

My dad came over and I realized too late that there's a huge-ass trans flag on the wall, so that cat is out of the bag.

Jurassic Mainframe News Team
CT-1138

PostSubject: Re: Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal   Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 01, 2018 5:22 pm

My bank keeps penalizing me with overdraft fees on top of overdraft fees (this all started because I was short about 2 dollars on a PayPal payment). I'm kinda curious how far they'll keep doing this before they realize that they're not getting any more of my money. At this point, I'm so done with this bank I really hope they take the hint and just close my accounts for me. BMO is a terrible bank, and I've been considering closing my accounts with them for a few years now.

http://abekowalski.deviantart.com/
Océane
Océane

PostSubject: Re: Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal   Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal - Page 16 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2019 10:44 pm

Lord Kristine wrote:
My dad came over and I realized too late that there's a huge-ass trans flag on the wall, so that cat is out of the bag.

Yikes, that sucks. I had to come out to my mom recently, and frankly it hasn't gone all too well for me either. Oh, yeah I guess I haven't come out to y'all on JM. I'm trans lol, uh so yeah Razz

Lord Kristine
Veteran
Veteran
Lord Kristine

PostSubject: Re: Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal   Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2019 4:41 am

Océane wrote:
Lord Kristine wrote:

Yikes, that sucks. I had to come out to my mom recently, and frankly it hasn't gone all too well for me either. Oh, yeah I guess I haven't come out to y'all on JM. I'm trans lol, uh so yeah Razz

Ur best trash gurl.

Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal   Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2019 10:28 am

Update on the best friend situation at work. We still aren't talking and we're almost midway through January. The bullshit that caused this started back in August. I got really concerned a few weeks back when a co-worker we're friends with told me he saw her post something on social media about chalking people out of her life. She still replies to the memes I send her so I guess I'm still on the fence in her life or whatever the hell is going on. So yeah. I'm pretty much not the person I was a few months back. Pretending to be is difficult, though.

Back to top Go down
Lord Kristine
Veteran
Veteran
Lord Kristine

PostSubject: Re: Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal   Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2019 5:46 pm

My lizard isn't eating.

Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal   Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2019 2:04 am

Dead2009 wrote:
Update on the best friend situation at work. We still aren't talking and we're almost midway through January. The bullshit that caused this started back in August. I got really concerned a few weeks back when a co-worker we're friends with told me he saw her post something on social media about chalking people out of her life. She still replies to the memes I send her so I guess I'm still on the fence in her life or whatever the hell is going on. So yeah. I'm pretty much not the person I was a few months back. Pretending to be is difficult, though.

The fact she’s liking your stuff is a good sign imo. I think if she really wanted to cut you out you’d be down and out by now.

Sorry if I’m getting too personal but have you told her explicitly everything they said was a lie?
Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal   Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2019 10:52 am

Troyal1 wrote:
Dead2009 wrote:

The fact she’s liking your stuff is a good sign imo. I think if she really wanted to cut you out you’d be down and out by now.

Sorry if I’m getting too personal but have you told her explicitly everything they said was a lie?

Nah it's okay, I vented so it's all out there lol. It's a good sign but it's also hit and miss, there are days where she likes them and there's days where I dont get anything, and yes I told her everything.

Back to top Go down
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal   Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal - Page 16 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 29, 2019 8:31 pm

Not a big deal, and actually kind of hilarious, but I was suspended from Twitter for telling someone to "learn to code". Unfortunately it hinders my ability to communicate with you wonderful people outside of this forum, but on the plus side, it's given my martyr complex some pretty solid ammunition.

Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal - Page 16 Jpbann10
Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal   Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal - Page 16 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2019 6:51 am

Tyrant Lizard wrote:
Not a big deal, and actually kind of hilarious, but I was suspended from Twitter for telling someone to "learn to code". Unfortunately it hinders my ability to communicate with you wonderful people outside of this forum, but on the plus side, it's given my martyr complex some pretty solid ammunition.

I read the other day that telling journos that were laid off recently to "learn to code" was considered a violation of the TOS for harassment.

Back to top Go down
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal   Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal - Page 16 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2019 10:56 am

Dead2009 wrote:
I read the other day that telling journos that were laid off recently to "learn to code" was considered a violation of the TOS for harassment.

Yeah, I wanted to test that to see if they would actually go through with it. Sure enough xD

Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal   Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal - Page 16 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2019 7:57 pm

For those who were following along with my drama at work, I think it's done and over with. Ive been talking with the buddy in text and I spoke with her for about 15 minutes today before we left work today. She's coming over to my building so I'm pretty excited Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal   Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2019 1:36 am

Dead2009 wrote:
For those who were following along with my drama at work, I think it's done and over with. Ive been talking with the buddy in text and I spoke with her for about 15 minutes today before we left work today. She's coming over to my building so I'm pretty excited Very Happy
holy shit man! Congratulations. cheers
Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal   Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2019 10:43 am

Thanks! I'll be hanging out with her and some other friends next weekend so we'll see how that goes.

Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal   Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2019 12:12 am

My 25th birthday was an absolute dumpster fire. Not because of what happened, more because of what didn’t happen. I’m so sick of “celebrating” it alone every year and my mental health holding me back from planning a party or something. It’s not about ego, but I’d like to have that one special day a year where I actually get to celebrate my birthday. And mostly celebrate the other people that make my life worth living at all instead of staring at a wall all day.

And of course this being the first birthday my grandad and great grandmother aren’t with me... man. It really hurt to know I couldn’t expect a simple phone call from them. It’s amazing how the small things really do matter.

Just a vent from a lonely guy missing his dead family and frustrated at his mental health.
Back to top Go down
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal   Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2019 9:32 am

I'm sorry to hear that. I know a thing or two about spending birthdays alone, and it's never a fun thing.

Back to top Go down
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal   Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal - Page 16 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2019 10:23 am

Real sorry to hear that man, that always sucks when your birthday isnt fun.

Veteran
Veteran
Lord Kristine

PostSubject: Re: Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal   Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 20, 2019 1:22 am

Ever since my last suicide attempt, I’ve been watched closely. I appreciate that people care, and I am feeling a little better in general, but now I’m afraid to vent about stuff that’s upsetting me, because I’ll just have the cops called on me and be pulled out of school, which I can’t afford. I just want to be free to feel sad sometimes, and it almost makes me wish that people wouldn’t have found out about what I tried to do. I feel like a burden to everyone, and now I can’t be upset about anything without people wondering if I need to be hospitalized again.

Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal   Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal - Page 16 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 26, 2019 12:08 am

Our pet budgie Kiwi died today. We had her for seven amazing years and she helped me and my family get through some of the toughest times imaginable. I know losing a pet budgie may not seem like a big deal for some, but I just feel empty right now. Like one of the few things left in this world worth pushing on for is gone.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal   Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal - Page 16 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2019 2:55 pm

Tyrant Lizard wrote:
Our pet budgie Kiwi died today. We had her for seven amazing years and she helped me and my family get through some of the toughest times imaginable. I know losing a pet budgie may not seem like a big deal for some, but I just feel empty right now. Like one of the few things left in this world worth pushing on for is gone.

I know how you feel. We had to put down my family dog back in the summer of 2017 because of liver problems. She really helped up in the hards times back when dad got laid off twice. I still feel this way now.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

If you're concerned about where this franchise is headed, then please join us.
Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal   Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal - Page 16 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2019 8:02 pm

I havent posted in here for a while because I've kept quiet on things, but i guess things with the best buddy weren't good after all. After we had gotten back on good terms, or so I thought, I had asked her to hang out at work during lunch time so we could get our friendship back on track. She would tell me she didnt know if she could based on how busy she'd be or when she'd take it etc (we have the same lunch schedule more or less). I would ask her every so often and she told me she'd let me know. TL;DR she was hanging with someone else without even telling me. No communication. Then when I asked her about it, she flipped out. Just a complete shitshow.

Back to top Go down
Lord Kristine
Veteran
Veteran
Lord Kristine

PostSubject: Re: Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal   Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal - Page 16 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2019 11:55 pm

I lost my cat of 17 years on Saturday, and later that day, my frog died. My fish had died at the beginning of the week, and I thought that was the worst that could happen. I was wrong. I'm still recovering. When it rains, it pours.

Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal   Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal - Page 16 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 11, 2019 8:02 pm

Welp, my Twitter account was suspended for making an obvious joke.

Quote :

Twitter

Your account has been suspended for violating the Twitter Rules.

Specifically, for:

Violating our rules against posting violent threats.
You may not make specific threats of violence or wish for the physical harm, death, or disease of an individual or group of people.

The thing is, the tweet they mention specifically was obviously a joke. Like, it's really, really, REALLY obvious that it was completely satirical. I won't link or quote the tweet directly, as it's pretty racy, but suffice to say that anyone with an IQ higher than a cumquat should have been able to tell that it was a joke.

Back to top Go down
CT-1138
CT-1138

PostSubject: Re: Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal   Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal - Page 16 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 16, 2019 6:57 pm

I got two tickets today... There was an intersection with cops at it, so I slowed and went through the green light. Next thing I know I've got a cop on my tail. He tried getting me on "failure to yield" even though the intersection was not blocked and his partner seemed to admit I did in fact slow to a safe speed. So he got me on squeaky tires (my tires squeak on wet pavement and it had been raining) and obstructed windshield because I had an air freshener dangling from my rearview mirror.

This guy is making me go to court over an air freshener and squeaky tires. Argh! He must've been having a really crap day and was taking it out on me, because he dilly dallied for 45 minutes and only actually came up to give me the tickets when it started raining and his partner was standing in the rain. I'm assuming the judge will dismiss the tickets just for being a waste of time. This isn't the first time in recent memory that the county courts have had to chew out the sheriff's department for writing frivolous tickets. The cops around here a known to do that. It's a relatively quiet, semi-rural town so the cops don't get to do a lot and they end up calling out half the county for something as small as a missed stop sign.

My favorite part of the entire encounter was when I didn't give him his pen back right away, and he said "You gonna steal my pen, too?"

Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal   Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal - Page 16 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 18, 2019 12:02 pm

Welp, lost my job this morning. According to HR, 2 people went and reported me (and a few others) for "harassment", one being the cleaning guy. The cleaning guy was one to get in everybody's way but get mad when you had to avoid hitting him with a cart or pallet, and the other kid was known to make racial jokes but you couldnt make any jokes towards him. I'm beyond pissed off.

Back to top Go down
CT-1138
CT-1138

PostSubject: Re: Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal   Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal - Page 16 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 18, 2019 12:56 pm

Dude, that's fucking awful! So sorry to hear that.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal   Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal - Page 16 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal
Page 16 of 17Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17  Next