Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

Head Canons

Go down 
+32
Dv-218
HennexForest
1morey
sdp
Baryonyx111
TyrantGojira
V.a.nublarensis
dance2nite
Dead2009
Rhedosaurus
Oviraptor
Aegyptiacus3
TheRexMan22
BarrytheOnyx
Hellothasaurus
smaugtheterrible
JP_Korea
Tyrant Lizard
Troodon_formosus
DoYouKnowTheMuffinMan?
Megatronus Rex
Nedryland
Oshronosaurus
CT-1138
Spinosaur4.4
TheDreamMaster
Troyal1
bumblebeef
Tarbtano
Levine
Gojira2014
Océane
36 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

Head Canons - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Head Canons   Head Canons - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 06, 2017 8:30 am

Aegyptiacus3 wrote:
Billy stays dead
Best headcanon. Cool

Former JPL member, Spinosaur4.4.

Head Canons - Page 3 LYHX0zA
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Head Canons   Head Canons - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 06, 2017 1:21 pm

Ah Billy, such a memorable character. Who could forget his.... energetic persona and... witty... stuff. And you know he was friend of Alan. Or student or something. Co-worker? And he... umm...

Oh I know, he had a lucky bag! Just like Sarah Harding. That's something. Isn't it?

Why was he there again?
Back to top Go down
TheRexMan22
Veteran
Veteran
TheRexMan22

PostSubject: Re: Head Canons   Head Canons - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 06, 2017 3:33 pm

Mistral wrote:
Ah Billy, such a memorable character. Who could forget his.... energetic persona and... witty... stuff. And you know he was friend of Alan. Or student or something. Co-worker? And he... umm...

Oh I know, he had a lucky bag! Just like Sarah Harding. That's something. Isn't it?

Why was he there again?

Head Canons - Page 3 Tumblr_lia8iiuaOj1qbnhnpo1_500
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Head Canons   Head Canons - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 07, 2017 5:35 pm

Oh and Grant can thank Billy for making it to the island, by that brat agreeing to meet Kirbys at the bar on Grant's behalf.

"Thanks a lot, idiot"
Head Canons - Page 3 JP3

But I guess Grant really wanted that cash. That sweet sweet cash. And he didn't even get any. Only the hat Billy brought back. Thanks Billy and your stupid lucky bag.

I bet Billy started working as janitor in JW after Grant kicked his arse.
Back to top Go down
Océane
Océane

PostSubject: Re: Head Canons   Head Canons - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 07, 2017 5:51 pm

Now now, back to the topic Razz

PostSubject: Re: Head Canons   Head Canons - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 07, 2017 5:52 pm

Technically that's headcanon you know, especially the janitor bit tongue
Back to top Go down
Océane
Océane

PostSubject: Re: Head Canons   Head Canons - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 08, 2017 12:36 am

Well, you got me there. A new headcanon I adopted, Lowery got a new job at this stupid dinosaur themed day-care, specifically the one in this mall. South Bay Galleria (My local mall)

smaugtheterrible
Hatchling
Hatchling
smaugtheterrible

PostSubject: Re: Head Canons   Head Canons - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 09, 2017 12:37 am

Mistral wrote:
Oh and Grant can thank Billy for making it to the island, by that brat agreeing to meet Kirbys at the bar on Grant's behalf.

"Thanks a lot, idiot"
Head Canons - Page 3 JP3

But I guess Grant really wanted that cash. That sweet sweet cash. And he didn't even get any. Only the hat Billy brought back. Thanks Billy and your stupid lucky bag.

Perhaps we need a dedicated Billy thread as a companion to my Mark Degler thread.

Anyway, I think I'll adopt your headcanon as well. I can totally picture him, working at JW during the pteranodon attack, having this reaction:

Head Canons - Page 3 Tumblr_mzyahkifu41tq4of6o1_250

PostSubject: Re: Head Canons   Head Canons - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 09, 2017 5:42 pm

smaugtheterrible wrote:
Mistral wrote:

"Thanks a lot, idiot"
Head Canons - Page 3 JP3

Perhaps we need a dedicated Billy thread as a companion to my Mark Degler thread.

Anyway, I think I'll adopt your headcanon as well. I can totally picture him, working at JW during the pteranodon attack, having this reaction:

Head Canons - Page 3 Tumblr_mzyahkifu41tq4of6o1_250

With Mark you can at least always ironically say "Hahaha, what a story Mark" when he finishes up his 2 or 3 lines of dialogue and is done for the film. With Billy, he's just there, always standing there.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Head Canons   Head Canons - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 16, 2017 8:33 pm

I've started wondering. Is there actually dialogue line or visual reference anywhere in JW that specifically says that the T-Rex and some of the other animals are the same ones from JP? Or is that all just Trevorrow and gang saying that in interviews and marketing, you know to enforce the nostalgia/fanservice/reference spectrum? Because if that's the case (?), it's not really official in-film canon isn't it? Not to me anyway.

It'd be the same as if Spielberg was saying something like, IDK, "I'd like to think Matt Hooper had a thing with Chief Brody's wife just like in the book, it's just not filmed".
Back to top Go down
Oviraptor
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: Head Canons   Head Canons - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 16, 2017 8:40 pm

Mistral wrote:
I've started wondering. Is there actually dialogue line or visual reference anywhere in JW that specifically says that the T-Rex and some of the other animals are the same ones from JP? Or is that all just Trevorrow and gang saying that in interviews and marketing, you know to enforce the nostalgia/fanservice/reference spectrum? Because if that's the case (?), it's not really official in-film canon isn't it? Not to me anyway.

It'd be the same as if Spielberg was saying something like, IDK, "I'd like to think Matt Hooper had a thing with Chief Brody's wife just like in the book, it's just not filmed".

The scars from the raptor attack in JP on the Rex.
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Head Canons   Head Canons - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 16, 2017 8:42 pm

Oviraptor wrote:
Mistral wrote:

And Trevorrow himself confirmed it.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

If you're concerned about where this franchise is headed, then please join us.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Head Canons   Head Canons - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 16, 2017 8:52 pm

Oviraptor wrote:
Mistral wrote:

Lol I can't even recognize any marks in that CGI mish mash, but I'm sure you're right. Is that indisputable though, that they're raptor claw marks, or scars that might happen to all big carnivores in their life time.

Rhedosaurus wrote:
And Trevorrow himself confirmed it

I meant inside the film, not outside it.
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Head Canons   Head Canons - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 16, 2017 9:00 pm

Mistral wrote:
Oviraptor wrote:
Mistral wrote:

Lol I can't even recognize any marks in that CGI mish mash, but I'm sure you're right. Is that indisputable though, that they're raptor claw marks, or scars that might happen to all big carnivores in their life time.

Yes, it is indisputable since the only other predator on Nublar that was still alive since the original park debacle was the Dilophosaurus. And even a full grown one-20 ft long and 1,000 pounds, is no match for a 7 ton, 44 ft long alpha predator.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: Head Canons   Head Canons - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 16, 2017 9:04 pm

Head Canons - Page 3 E3396fc91baa474c68c2dee360b09708

So because you couldnt tell if it was the same Rex as the first one "because of the CGI", even though the dinosaur looks malnourished as hell, it's not the same? Alright then.

Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: Head Canons   Head Canons - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 16, 2017 9:16 pm

Mistral wrote:
Oviraptor wrote:
Mistral wrote:

Rhedosaurus wrote:
And Trevorrow himself confirmed it

I meant inside the film, not outside it.

But the director stating it outwardly and explicitly that it's the original Rex is way different than just some viral marketing.
Colin wrote:
I mean, we took the original design and obviously, technology has changed. So, it’s going to move a little bit differently, but it’ll move differently because it’s older. And we’re giving her some scars and we’re tightening her skin. So, she has that feeling of, like, an older Burt Lancaster. And this movie is her Unforgiven

And the scars are in the same places. I wish they had said it during the film though. I hated the way they presented the Rex attraction.
Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: Head Canons   Head Canons - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 16, 2017 9:18 pm

Hey guys! My new headcanon is that the Spino skeleton on mainstreet isn't the one from JP3. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: Head Canons   Head Canons - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 16, 2017 9:36 pm

Troyal1 wrote:
Hey guys! My new headcanon is that the Spino skeleton on mainstreet isn't the one from JP3. Laughing

Well, there's really no real reason for it to be the same Spinosaurus, so I'm right there with you on that.

Head Canons - Page 3 Jpbann10
Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: Head Canons   Head Canons - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 16, 2017 9:40 pm

Tyrant Lizard wrote:
Troyal1 wrote:

Well, there's really no real reason for it to be the same Spinosaurus, so I'm right there with you on that.

I was joking because of the new Twitter video. Did you see it?
Back to top Go down
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: Head Canons   Head Canons - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 16, 2017 9:45 pm

Troyal1 wrote:
Tyrant Lizard wrote:
Troyal1 wrote:

No, I'm aware of it.

Still, there's no reason for that to be the case, so I'm knocking it out of my headcanon because the skeleton being the same Spino from JP3 is fucking stupid.

Head Canons - Page 3 Jpbann10
Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: Head Canons   Head Canons - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 16, 2017 9:55 pm

Tyrant Lizard wrote:
Troyal1 wrote:
Tyrant Lizard wrote:
Troyal1 wrote:

No, I'm aware of it.

Still, there's no reason for that to be the case, so I'm knocking it out of my headcanon because the skeleton being the same Spino from JP3 is fucking stupid.
Oh okay. I was just making sure you were aware of it.

Because my original post was simply mocking that ridiculous video Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Head Canons   Head Canons - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 16, 2017 10:04 pm

Between that and F&F8 making as much as it did so far, I'm really tempted to get myself drunk sometime this week. I really wish I was kidding, but I'm not.

Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: Head Canons   Head Canons - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 16, 2017 10:08 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:
Between that and F&F8 making as much as it did so far, I'm really tempted to get myself drunk sometime this week. I  really wish I was kidding, but I'm not.

Don't worry. We'll beat them back at the box office with "the last Jedi"!
Back to top Go down
dance2nite
Sorna Velociraptor
Sorna Velociraptor
dance2nite

PostSubject: Re: Head Canons   Head Canons - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 17, 2017 2:14 am

I wish they said in JW that the Rex was the original, would have been perfect if an announcer said it just before the feeding scene. I think most people don't know it's the original Rex, only us fans & that annoys me! Mad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: P   Head Canons - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 17, 2017 7:06 am

Dead2009 wrote:
Head Canons - Page 3 E3396fc91baa474c68c2dee360b09708

So because you couldnt tell if it was the same Rex as the first one "because of the CGI", even though the dinosaur looks malnourished as hell, it's not the same? Alright then.

Malnourished as hell? What has that to do with anything in the context we're talking about?

Also, what's the point in showing me a picture that happened after the I-Rex attack, after it surely would have had scars from that?

That's another thing by the way. So are we supposed to believe it has raptor scars from 22 years ago, but a day after almost dying to I-Rex in messy battle, it basically looks and moves fine? What a load of crap.
Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: Head Canons   Head Canons - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 17, 2017 7:42 am

Malnourished means the dinosaur has dropped weight because it isnt eating properly....if you're on an island with the lack of a proper food distribution, you're not gonna look the same. Also, scars from an animal dont exactly "go away".

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Head Canons   Head Canons - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 17, 2017 7:54 am

Dead2009 wrote:
Malnourished means the dinosaur has dropped weight because it isnt eating properly....if you're on an island with the lack of a proper food distribution, you're not gonna look the same. Also, scars from an animal dont exactly "go away".

Why would the Rex still look malnourished years and years after being in proper park setting? The park's been operational for 10 years or whatever right? And it's even shown to be eating the goats for entertainment?

Also, yes the scars don't all go away, but
A) can't those claw marks be classified as I-Rex claw marks
B) if not, where are the freaking I-Rex battle scars? Why does it supposedly have claw marks from 22 years ago, but not from the previous day where it almost died horribly to much bigger carnivore?

This is cartoon logic. I even buy the Spino vs T-Rex scene million times more.
Back to top Go down
V.a.nublarensis
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
V.a.nublarensis

PostSubject: Re: Head Canons   Head Canons - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 17, 2017 8:19 am

Troyal1 wrote:
That'd be arguably the most stupid thing that ever happened in-universe, so I refuse to believe it as well.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Head Canons   Head Canons - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 17, 2017 8:27 am

You'd think it to be fake replica skeleton anyway given it would erode in rain, humidity and other outdoor elements. Plus there's no need for them to have authentic museum quality piece in front of Disney World crowds eating burgers and drinking beer.
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Head Canons   Head Canons - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 17, 2017 12:29 pm

Mistral wrote:
Dead2009 wrote:

Why would the Rex still look malnourished years and years after being in proper park setting? The park's been operational for 10 years or whatever right? And it's even shown to be eating the goats for entertainment?

Also, yes the scars don't all go away, but
A) can't those claw marks be classified as I-Rex claw marks
B) if not, where are the freaking I-Rex battle scars? Why does it supposedly have claw marks from 22 years ago, but not from the previous day where it almost died horribly to much bigger carnivore?

The recent battle scars are the one with her blood on them. I can see them clear as day.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Head Canons   Head Canons - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Head Canons
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next