Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

I built a Chaos Effect Alpha Raptor suit.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Valforwing
Embryo
Embryo
Valforwing

I built a Chaos Effect Alpha Raptor suit. Empty
PostSubject: I built a Chaos Effect Alpha Raptor suit.   I built a Chaos Effect Alpha Raptor suit. Icon_minitimeSat Jun 11, 2016 8:24 pm

when i heard that Jurassic World was coming out i spent a year building this raptor suit.
and wear him to a few conventions. i do alot of creature costumes. it's got LED eyes and squishy tongue.
I built a Chaos Effect Alpha Raptor suit. Kaz2y5_on_stage_by_valforwing-da60e78
I also dressed my spotter up as a park ranger. had a whole bag of props to go with it. a cattle prod made from a swifier mop, a feathery microraptor ragdoll, squeeky toys shaped like meat.
I built a Chaos Effect Alpha Raptor suit. Kaz2y5_and_ranger_rick_by_valforwing-da60dw2
I built a Chaos Effect Alpha Raptor suit. Alpha_raptor_fursuit_by_valforwing-da5rq64

what you JP masters think?

Administrator
Administrator
TheDreamMaster

PostSubject: Re: I built a Chaos Effect Alpha Raptor suit.   I built a Chaos Effect Alpha Raptor suit. Icon_minitimeSat Jun 11, 2016 9:20 pm

That's really awesome. The Alpha Raptor has always been one of my favorite designs. Out of curiosity, why is the tail so big?

"We'll use the Force."- Finn
 "That's not how the Force works!"- Han Solo
Back to top Go down
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: I built a Chaos Effect Alpha Raptor suit.   I built a Chaos Effect Alpha Raptor suit. Icon_minitimeSat Jun 11, 2016 9:26 pm

Awww so creative!! This is great!

Former JPL member, Spinosaur4.4.

I built a Chaos Effect Alpha Raptor suit. LYHX0zA
Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: I built a Chaos Effect Alpha Raptor suit.   I built a Chaos Effect Alpha Raptor suit. Icon_minitimeSun Jun 12, 2016 12:22 am

I can imagine it's hot as hell wearing that thing.

Back to top Go down
JPMalcolmDilo
Embryo
Embryo

PostSubject: Re: I built a Chaos Effect Alpha Raptor suit.   I built a Chaos Effect Alpha Raptor suit. Icon_minitimeSun Jun 12, 2016 1:08 am

Haha that is funny
Back to top Go down
Valforwing
Embryo
Embryo
Valforwing

PostSubject: Re: I built a Chaos Effect Alpha Raptor suit.   I built a Chaos Effect Alpha Raptor suit. Icon_minitimeSun Jun 12, 2016 2:40 am

the tail is that big because it serves as more haunch mass. it is also a chair....like one of those pillows with the armrests comeing out of it. then it has a longe sleve shirt over it then a belt through it and a funooodle is in there for length then it was wrapped in upostry foam then stuffed with pillow stuffing then sewn with fluffly soft fleece. it's so heavy that it helps keep me up right. the one time i did loose my balance the tail went over my head and suddenly i'm lying on the floor, talons in the air, claws flailing with my back suposted by a nice fluffy tail/bed. it felt so good i went to sleep right in the middle of a larping room i happened to wander into.

this is the head before the skin got added to it. the skull it self can be purchased from DreamVision Creations. it was'nt suposed to be a dinosaur from the original specs, so i inserted foam wedges to give it more feral eyes, the used black apoxy sculpt around the Orange LEDs Eyes that i also got from DVC. I used blacklight and glow in the dark paint for the eyes. the teeth did'nt fit at first because aparently i bought the wrong teeth set so i had to carve the teeth to make it close...oddly enough it felt like i was carveing ivory when i did.
I built a Chaos Effect Alpha Raptor suit. Raptor_cosplay_kaz2y5_by_valforwing-d8fo5yh

I also have a costume of Smaug but it got messed up in a sudden summer blizzard after only one use.
http://orig02.deviantart.net/3eee/f/2014/084/8/f/smaug_by_valforwing-d7bk512.jpg
it had a loose tail with an internal skeleton system made of three pool noodles. it was a little expensive at the time because pool noodles were out of season so i had to buy em off ebay. but if you ever want to make a quick tail for your kid that is fun to play with i did a quick turorial a while back.
I built a Chaos Effect Alpha Raptor suit. How_to_make_a_costume_tail_by_valforwing-d7pkbfs

the suit is really hot, but very comfy.i carry some plastic tubeing that i stick into water fountains so i can drink while in my costume....looks like a raptor with a crazy straw but it works. i did buy a fankit for it but it ended up damaging my actual skin so i've decided not to use it anymore

PostSubject: Re: I built a Chaos Effect Alpha Raptor suit.   I built a Chaos Effect Alpha Raptor suit. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I built a Chaos Effect Alpha Raptor suit.
Page 1 of 1