Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

The Official Video Game Thread

Go down 
+30
Bbrink1996
Rhedosaurus
Spiegel
Chimichanga
BarrytheOnyx
CarcharThroTheLookinGlas
Tyrant Lizard
Tarbtano
Oshronosaurus
CloneTrooper101
Scott B
MissDNA
Megaspino2
Dr. Wu
Spinosaur4.4
Sickle_Claw
Crashfan1ooo
Crimsonraptor
Rex Prime
Katana
Troyal1
TRK/TrexKing
TheDreamMaster
Prowler
Dead2009
Voltage
Pokesaurus
Theta Rex
Ian_Malcolm_chaotician
nanotyrano
34 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 12 ... 16  Next
AuthorMessage
Oshronosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Oshronosaurus

The Official Video Game Thread - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   The Official Video Game Thread - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 28, 2017 3:04 am

Scott B wrote:
Batman vs Spider-Man is not very refutable. Because unlike many super powered people Spider-Man is a genius. He may actually be smarter than Wayne's genius level intellect. Plus he has spider sense and he pulls his punches. So not only could he dodge whatever Wayne threw he could actually knock out or kill Wayne in ONE PUNCH.

Also Drake better have one that. Then again apparently he can't throw a flying punch since he threw a couple at Nadine in UC4 and she took it like a concrete jaw would.
also, remember, another provision of Death Battle is that there's no internal prep-time given for any of the combatants and characters who didn't crossover canonically can't know about each other to begin with. Batman can defeat just about anyone given time and preparation, but not in a "cage match" scenario like Death Battle. the deciding factor for that fight had been, again, for as strong as he is, Batman still has human limits whereas Spider-Man has the advantage of superstrength and spider-sense, so he can see just about anything Bats throws at him

but we're getting off-topic. maybe we should have a Death Battle Thread? since the fourth season will be starting soon, it wouldn't be too bad of an idea.

Join the Brethren!
Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   The Official Video Game Thread - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2017 3:51 pm

Go for it!

Bought Smash Bros today for Wii U and I'm sad they dont allow Mii fighters to be used in "online with anyone" fights.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   The Official Video Game Thread - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 30, 2017 6:17 pm

Ubisoft is making a Splinter Cell movie.

Even though their last movie, Assassin's Creed, bombed hard domestically.
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   The Official Video Game Thread - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2017 10:04 pm

The animated Castlevania TV show will be on Netflix and will be rated-R since it's going to be comparable to Game Of Thrones.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

If you're concerned about where this franchise is headed, then please join us.
Back to top Go down
Scott B
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus
Scott B

PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   The Official Video Game Thread - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2017 2:47 am

Rhedosaurus wrote:
Ubisoft is making a Splinter Cell movie.

Even though their last movie, Assassin's Creed, bombed hard domestically.

Splinter Cell is a lot less fantastical and can easily be made in the vein of Tom Clancy's other good adaptations, Hunt for Red October and Patriot Games and stuff. I have more faith than I did for AC.
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   The Official Video Game Thread - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 15, 2017 5:13 pm

Gore Verbinski says he was 8 weeks away from shooting a R-rated Bioshock movie before it was cancelled.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   The Official Video Game Thread - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 18, 2017 3:41 pm

It looks like a Metal Gear Solid movie isn't dead yet.

Personally, as a huge Metal Gear fan, I think that the only way how a MGS movie can work is if it's either a straight-to-DVD animated movie or as a Lego movie. And in both cases, with the original voice actors/actresses reprising their roles. I just think a outright movie adaptation of this video game franchise can't work because for all the realism the Metal Gear series has, it still has a lot of things that can't be translated into a movie, at least not totally.

Personally, I think that this and the animated Castlevania TV show that's coming out is to bring back their old fans who semi-abandoned Konami via strongarming Hideo Kojima to quit and how they tried to shove Metal Gear Survive down our throats as well as limiting the damage if Metal Gear Survive bombs.

Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   The Official Video Game Thread - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 18, 2017 5:36 pm

They definitely wouldnt make a LEGO Metal Gear movie. Considering the material I think that would bomb really badly.

Back to top Go down
Oshronosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Oshronosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   The Official Video Game Thread - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 18, 2017 9:12 pm

finally saw the Assassin's Creed movie yesterday. i enjoyed it, but not as much as i could've even as a big fan of the series--it was kinda dull.\

Join the Brethren!
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   The Official Video Game Thread - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 18, 2017 11:13 pm

Dead2009 wrote:
They definitely wouldnt make a LEGO Metal Gear movie. Considering the material I think that would bomb really badly.

I don't doubt that it would be a big risk, but all things considered. It would be the better route. One has to remember that although the Metal Gear universe has far more realism compared to most games, their is still a lot of things that you only can get away with in the games that you can't if you make a direct movie adaptation. With a Lego movie you can get away with most of that. Besides, I'm in a Metal Gear Solid fan club and when that was posted, a lot of other people besides me are against the idea. The history of video games being outright adapted into movies is not a good on to look at.

Hideo Kojima's mother recently died.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   The Official Video Game Thread - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2017 4:58 pm

Here's a very interesting article about why Microsoft's planned Halo movie was never made. It seems that even without Tom Rothman's interference, this movie wouldn't have been made anyway.

It looks like the Metal Gear Solid movie might really get made after all.

I still think that the best case scenario is that it becomes like the first Mortal Kombat movie where it's a surprise success, but one that the fans like/love far more then the GA. I know that Jordan Vogt-Roberts really wants this to work, but I'm not sure that it can.

Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   The Official Video Game Thread - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 28, 2017 1:49 pm

Microsoft announces Xbox Game Pass

I guess this is their answer to Sony's PSNow?

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   The Official Video Game Thread - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 07, 2017 2:43 pm

Here's more info about that Metal Gear Solid movie.

Personally, I think that the only Metal Gear games that can be adapted into movies are the first two games. Metal Gear and Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake. This is mainly because of how much creative freedom there is to exploit since those games don't have as much depth/moving parts. You can even have some Foxhound commandos work with Snake in these adaptations as a nod to Metal Gear Solid.

Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   The Official Video Game Thread - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 17, 2017 11:10 am

I need this like now...and also Sonic Mania got pushed back to the summer FeelsBadMan.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   The Official Video Game Thread - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 17, 2017 11:19 am

Rhedosaurus wrote:
Well now..I have one less critic to respect.

Did Joe even do his research about Anna Sarkeesian at all? Way to betray and sell yourself out, Joe...

Even Nostalgia Whiner and his other man child minions are more respectable "critics" than Angry Joe. And that's saying a lot.

Anyway, Sarkeesian's such a legendary cash-in SJW that in a way you've got to admire her soulless greed.

The Official Video Game Thread - Page 9 WKomA4T
Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   The Official Video Game Thread - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 17, 2017 11:26 am

I dont have to admire her stupidity though. She recently came out and accused the new Zelda game of being sexist and everyone ripped her apart for it.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   The Official Video Game Thread - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 17, 2017 11:28 am

I don't think she really cares as long as she is able to rip off more money.
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   The Official Video Game Thread - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 17, 2017 5:55 pm

Mistral wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:
Well now..I have one less critic to respect.

Did Joe even do his research about Anna Sarkeesian at all? Way to betray and sell yourself out, Joe...

Sarkeesian's such a legendary cash-in SJW that in a way you've got to admire her soulless greed.

So basically, you think it's ok to admire a white, feminist version of Al Sharpton? Sorry, but that's how you create more problems and make current ones worse.

Mistral wrote:
I don't think she really cares as long as she is able to rip off more money.

I don't think that she can get away with that anymore. She's been undermined for so long, not to mention how people are so sick of PC, that her influence is starting to die out.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   The Official Video Game Thread - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 17, 2017 6:04 pm

Once again, not 100% serious. Maybe I should start putting out reaction gifs to every post.
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   The Official Video Game Thread - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 17, 2017 11:22 pm

Sony will stop production of the Playstation 3 in Japan.

I like my PS3, but I really wish that Sony had made more of the backward compatible versions rather then just ending them early. I'm just happy my old PS2 still works after all this time.

Back to top Go down
Megaspino2
Megaspino2

PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   The Official Video Game Thread - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 22, 2017 10:37 pm

So, does anyone here happen to play Dark Souls or the PS4 exclusive Bloodborne?
Back to top Go down
Oshronosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Oshronosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   The Official Video Game Thread - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 23, 2017 6:19 am

i've been considering getting Bloodborne, but i'm not sure if i'll do that in the near future. been replaying Skyrim as a dedicated mage character instead.

Join the Brethren!
Back to top Go down
Megaspino2
Megaspino2

PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   The Official Video Game Thread - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 23, 2017 9:49 am

Bloodborne, in my opinion, is much more accessible than Dark Souls for someone who has never played a FromSoft game. You have to be open to the idea of a game that doesn't hold your hand though, and you might die a lot. However it's not as mind numblingly difficult as people say and it's quite rewarding.

The lore is absolutely amazing but it's quite convoluted so if you liked reading the books in Skyrim to get the lore, you should be okay with reading the item descriptions to absorb the full story.

Bloodborne is my second favorite game of all time and had Skyrim's experience had been more disappointing (like Fallout 4) then Bloodborne would be my favorite game hands down. Also if you do decide to get the game splurge and buy the DLC too. Some of the best DLC I've ever played.
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   The Official Video Game Thread - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 26, 2017 4:07 pm

Gamestop will close as much as 190 stores. The probable number from other sources seems to be around 150 stores though.

Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   The Official Video Game Thread - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 28, 2017 3:48 pm

Finally got me a controller for the PC so now I can play all the glorious games on Steam Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   The Official Video Game Thread - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 11, 2017 7:04 am

Adi Shankar wants to make an R-rated Mega Man movie.

Ah.......no.

Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   The Official Video Game Thread - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 11, 2017 2:12 pm

He wants to make an R rated version of everything that was catered to kids. He really needs to stop.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   The Official Video Game Thread - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 11, 2017 6:26 pm

Dead2009 wrote:
He wants to make an R rated version of everything that was catered to kids. He really needs to stop.

Why do people even bother with him? Is this guy trying to be Uwe Boll 2.0?

Back to top Go down
TheDreamMaster
Administrator
Administrator
TheDreamMaster

PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   The Official Video Game Thread - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 11, 2017 6:43 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:
Adi Shankar wants to make an R-rated Mega Man movie.

Ah.......no.

He's like every edgy teenager that likes something but doesn't want to admit it might be somewhat kid friendly, and wants it dark and gritty. Except he actually has a voice that gets heard for some reason.

Rhedosaurus wrote:
Dead2009 wrote:

Say what you want about Boll, his films are terrible...but he did actually get his projects made.

"We'll use the Force."- Finn
 "That's not how the Force works!"- Han Solo
Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   The Official Video Game Thread - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 12, 2017 12:18 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:
Dead2009 wrote:

I guess he wants to make stuff like that and Power Rangers etc for a different generation.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   The Official Video Game Thread - Page 9 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Official Video Game Thread
Page 9 of 16Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 12 ... 16  Next