Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

The Official Video Game Thread

Go down 
+30
Bbrink1996
Rhedosaurus
Spiegel
Chimichanga
BarrytheOnyx
CarcharThroTheLookinGlas
Tyrant Lizard
Tarbtano
Oshronosaurus
CloneTrooper101
Scott B
MissDNA
Megaspino2
Dr. Wu
Spinosaur4.4
Sickle_Claw
Crashfan1ooo
Crimsonraptor
Rex Prime
Katana
Troyal1
TRK/TrexKing
TheDreamMaster
Prowler
Dead2009
Voltage
Pokesaurus
Theta Rex
Ian_Malcolm_chaotician
nanotyrano
34 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9 ... 16  Next
AuthorMessage
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

The Official Video Game Thread - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   The Official Video Game Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2016 6:41 pm

Sony killed it this year. Saved E3 for me
Back to top Go down
Rex Prime
Embryo
Embryo
Rex Prime

PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   The Official Video Game Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2016 7:37 pm

Spinosaur4.4 wrote:
Nothing from Nintendo get's my interest. =/

I accidentally  gave you an upvote for that. I don't no why. I actually am quite the opposite

ZELDA IS BACK! NO MOTION CONTROL OR EVEN SECOND SCREEN BULLSHIT!
https://gfycat.com/SharpFlamboyantImperatorangel

Tho I'd understand why someone wouldn't be excited for Breath Of The Wind, being a Nintendo console exclusive and all is pretty off-putting.

Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   The Official Video Game Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2016 7:45 pm

I haven't really played a Zelda game but I'll prolly buy the new game when it comes out.

Back to top Go down
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   The Official Video Game Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2016 9:24 pm

Rex Prime wrote:
Spinosaur4.4 wrote:
Nothing from Nintendo get's my interest. =/

I accidentally  gave you an upvote for that. I don't no why. I actually am quite the opposite

ZELDA IS BACK! NO MOTION CONTROL OR EVEN SECOND SCREEN BULLSHIT!
https://gfycat.com/SharpFlamboyantImperatorangel

Tho I'd understand why someone wouldn't be excited for Breath Of The Wind, being a Nintendo console exclusive and all is pretty off-putting.

Oh, thanks for letting me know about the upvote. I was wondering where it came from. Laughing

Well, I never been much into Zelda games (pls don't kill me), mostly bc I just played 2 of them and didn't get in contact with the others. Zelda OOT is great IMO but I played the 3DS one and hated it. I just think it isn't my type of game at all. I had a SNES when I was very young, got a 64 and then played Zelda on it. Latter I got a GB color but with no games and a 3DS.

The Nintendo franchises I like the most are Metroid and Mario.

Former JPL member, Spinosaur4.4.

The Official Video Game Thread - Page 3 LYHX0zA
Back to top Go down
Rex Prime
Embryo
Embryo
Rex Prime

PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   The Official Video Game Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2016 10:10 pm

Honestly it depends on what were your problems with Zelda in the first place, I have my problems with them too. I can't get myself to replay any of the 3D ones because they are so goddamn hand holdey and end up wasting your time. The way this new Zelda starts reminds me of Dark Souls, straight to the action, no bullshit, just the game.

Its quite clear that this new Zelda game is very different from the others, whether that be good or bad, its up to the individual

Megaspino2

PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   The Official Video Game Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2016 10:34 pm

I've never been a fan of Zelda either. I mean it does look cool but I played some of Twlight Princess and I just couldn't get it into. That one didn't start right into action but like Dark Souls they didn't really hold your hand much. Not sure if it was just that game though.
Back to top Go down
TheDreamMaster
Administrator
Administrator
TheDreamMaster

PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   The Official Video Game Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2016 11:01 pm

I've never finished a Zelda game. Got close on Twilight Princess but other stuff just got my attention. New Zelda looks great, but I still think I probably won't play it.

"We'll use the Force."- Finn
 "That's not how the Force works!"- Han Solo
Back to top Go down
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   The Official Video Game Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2016 12:32 am

Rex Prime wrote:
Honestly it depends on what were your problems with Zelda in the first place, I have my problems with them too. I can't get myself to replay any of the 3D ones because they are so goddamn hand holdey and end up wasting your time. The way this new Zelda starts reminds me of Dark Souls, straight to the action, no bullshit, just the game.

Its quite clear that this new Zelda game is very different from the others, whether that be good or bad, its up to the individual

I think the pace was the problem. It started slow and the puzzles were kinda boring (the 3DS one, I forgot the name). I almost slept playing it, seriously.

I have problems with games that has a slow pace, I can start playing it but I'll drop soon too.

I might check this new Zelda, if it is really different.

Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   The Official Video Game Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2016 7:07 pm

A dinosaur game for PS VR that was shown off last year got some new gameplay. 
https://youtu.be/9i2xx0RbVRI

I like it
Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   The Official Video Game Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2016 2:18 pm

Dead Rising 4 Xbox One, Windows 10 Exclusivity Is Timed

Quote :

Microsoft has revealed Dead Rising 4 will only be a timed-exclusive on Xbox One and Windows 10 when it releases later this year.

According to Gamespot, Microsoft says "it will remain a Windows 10 exclusive for the first 90 days and console exclusive on Xbox One for one year."

Dead Rising 2 is the only game in the franchise to have made it to PlayStation so far, as the first game and Dead Rising 3 were both console exclusives on Xbox.

Dead Rising 4's timed exclusivity means there's a possibility it will be coming to Steam some time after the 90 days are up, and to PS4 after a year.

Back to top Go down
TheDreamMaster
Administrator
Administrator
TheDreamMaster

PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   The Official Video Game Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2016 4:17 pm

So if I wait for Dead Rising on PS4, then I'll probably get a nice GotY edition with all the DLC for cheaper than it was on Xbone. Sounds fine to me.

Back to top Go down
Dr. Wu
Veteran
Veteran
Dr. Wu

PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   The Official Video Game Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 18, 2016 11:40 pm

Anyone excited for Telltale's Walking Dead season 3? I am!

Administrator
Administrator
TheDreamMaster

PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   The Official Video Game Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 19, 2016 12:20 am

Troyal1 wrote:

That God of War reveal was one of the single greatest things I've ever seen in a live conference. That live orchestra, plus that moment we first see Kratos, is amazing.

Back to top Go down
MissDNA
TFW RPG Moderator
TFW RPG Moderator
MissDNA

PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   The Official Video Game Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 19, 2016 11:55 am

I think I'm gonna get myself a PS4 later this year. Their conference really got me interested. And I gotta play Naughty Dogs' games sometime.
Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   The Official Video Game Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 19, 2016 1:02 pm

I plan on getting a Xbox One before Christmas myself...maybe on Black Friday if I save up enough money lol.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   The Official Video Game Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 19, 2016 1:30 pm

I don't plan on getting anymore game consoles. Don't want to spend anymore more money on those that don't have backward capability. The only exception is if somebody is selling one of those PS3's that were made with backward capability from the start at the flea market. I know that's unlikely, but I have got very lucky before.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

If you're concerned about where this franchise is headed, then please join us.
Back to top Go down
Scott B
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus
Scott B

PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   The Official Video Game Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 19, 2016 1:35 pm

Sony is the best console maker known to man. Their empire will not cease until they assimilate everyone with their amazing games, music and various other features. Plus uncharted is the best modern game series in history.
Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   The Official Video Game Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 19, 2016 2:09 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:
I don't plan on getting anymore game consoles. Don't want to spend anymore more money on those that don't have backward capability. The only exception is if somebody is selling one of those PS3's that were made with backward capability from the start at the flea market. I know that's unlikely, but I have got very lucky before.

The current consoles now have backwards capabilities except it's all digitally

Back to top Go down
Scott B
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus
Scott B

PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   The Official Video Game Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 19, 2016 2:17 pm

Dead, if it wasn't for the currently limited library and having to debut games, even if cheap, it would be almost the better way to do compatibility since a digital game can't scratch itself to death or get lost or break (not that mine do, just saying). It would be even better if these cross into future generations so you don't need to repurchase each time.

Also the original ps3 compatibility is extremely limited anyway, the digital ps4 version has or will eventually have more games playable. Iirc a jail broken ps3 doesn't expand the compatibility list either.
Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   The Official Video Game Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 19, 2016 6:32 pm

Dr. Wu wrote:
You bet I am! Without spoiling anything, I loved how different the endings to season 2 were. My only complaint with Telltale is this. I played the first two seasons on PS3 but I want to move on to my PS4. I wish telltale would hurry up and figure out how to carry them over. They said on their site they are talking about it!
Back to top Go down
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   The Official Video Game Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 19, 2016 7:40 pm

TheDreamMaster wrote:
Troyal1 wrote:

That God of War reveal was one of the single greatest things I've ever seen in a live conference. That live orchestra, plus that moment we first see Kratos, is amazing.

Sony is just classy. I can remember many moments from their conferences that are just the greatest in E3 story.

Scott B wrote:
Sony is the best console maker known to man. Their empire will not cease until they assimilate everyone with their amazing games, music and various other features. Plus uncharted is the best modern game series in history.

No wonder why they made the best selling console of all time, as well as one of the best consoles ever, leading 3 generations out of 4. I love PS1 and PS2, they're my favorite consoles ever and I still play many of their classics today.

I'm still waiting for another company to do something like this (home console): Razz
The Official Video Game Thread - Page 3 Giphy

Last edited by Spinosaur4.4 on Sun Jun 19, 2016 7:53 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Megaspino2
Megaspino2

PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   The Official Video Game Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 19, 2016 7:48 pm

Dr. Wu wrote:

Same here. I haven't played them but I have been watching Let's Play videos of both of them and the story is really good. Telltale's games have great stories but the gameplay is fairly poor so it's something I'd rather watch than play myself.
Back to top Go down
CloneTrooper101
Embryo
Embryo
CloneTrooper101

PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   The Official Video Game Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 19, 2016 9:30 pm

I'm looking forward to Battlefield 1 and what EA has planned this year for Star Wars: Battlefront! Wink

"The Force will be with you, always..." - Obi-wan Kenobi
Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   The Official Video Game Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 19, 2016 10:00 pm

Sony is far from the greatest ever in terms of console makers lol.

Back to top Go down
Scott B
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus
Scott B

PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   The Official Video Game Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 19, 2016 10:52 pm

Dead2009 wrote:

Certainly isn't anyone from the console crash nor Nintendo.

Sure sony stole Sega's ideas for PS1 but PS2 is arguably the greatest system built. Sony sure has more going for its case than against it, especially with its competitors during its run not providing much competition since 2005.
Back to top Go down
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   The Official Video Game Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 19, 2016 11:01 pm

PS1 and PS2 weren't powerful compared to the competition consoles for their era but the games speak for everything else. PS1 and PS2 were also very easy plataforms to developers make their games. Their systems were heaven for third party developers. PS2 for example was great too bc it could play DVD movies and had retrocompatibility with PS1. PS2 is in my opinion the greatest console ever (followed very closely by PS1), it's game library is just impossible to beat and that reflected it's sales very well. And that comes from someone who had SNES and N64.

They also had many problems as ppl complained a lot (still I only had 1 problem with PS1 and my fat PS2 broke this year after 16 years working without problems).

Sony improved a lot on their quality after PS2.

Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   The Official Video Game Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2016 12:36 am

Scott B wrote:
Dead2009 wrote:

Sure sony stole Sega's ideas for PS1 but PS2 is arguably the greatest system built. Sony sure has more going for its case than against it, especially with its competitors during its run not providing much competition since 2005.

Sony also took from Nintendo's ideas (motion controls) because they saw it was working for the Wii and then it fell flat on it's face with the PS Move, and if Sony hasnt had any competition since 2005 why did the Wii outsell both the 360 AND the PS3?

If we're throwing numbers into the mix, the Wii outsold the PS2 by 4 million in the United States alone even though it was a different console generation.

The PS4 is doing very well because Sony knew how to market their console as an actual box that plays games while MS botched their entire delivery on the One and Nintendo didn't market the Wii U correctly. If either of those 2 didn't completely botch their deliveries we'd be looking at a tight race for this generation.

Back to top Go down
Scott B
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus
Scott B

PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   The Official Video Game Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2016 12:59 am

Dead2009 wrote:
Scott B wrote:
Dead2009 wrote:

Sony also took from Nintendo's ideas (motion controls) because they saw it was working for the Wii and then it fell flat on it's face with the PS Move, and if Sony hasnt had any competition since 2005 why did the Wii outsell both the 360 AND the PS3?

If we're throwing numbers into the mix, the Wii outsold the PS2 by 4 million in the United States alone even though it was a different console generation.

The PS4 is doing very well because Sony knew how to market their console as an actual box that plays games while MS botched their entire delivery on the One and Nintendo didn't market the Wii U correctly. If either of those 2 didn't completely botch their deliveries we'd be looking at a tight race for this generation.

Actually, Sony and Microsoft both tried motion controls. But borrowing features like that happens with everyone and is not stealing. The Sega thing was literally using something Sega developed with Sony and then taking it for themselves when the partnership broke up.

Wii wasn't considered a direct competitor with either the 360 or the Ps3, not like game cube was. It is like the Wii U now. And Wii shipped so many because it was like 200 dollars cheaper, has the old NES and SNES titles it borrowed and continues to beat to death and provided faux exercise. The Wii was so behind the times apart from motion control it is a travesty.

As for wii selling more in America. Consider price point at the time of their release. PS2 was a full-priced console. Wii was below market standard. Moreover, worldwide Ps2 is far and away the bestselling. PS1 outsold Wii as well.

Oh and then there is the impact of the game consoles. PS1 set the standard for every console ever since. PS2 pushed the multimedia functioning and online play that dominates consoles, PS3 set blu-ray as the current standard among other things while motion control is dead Jim. And now PS4 is destroying everything in its path. Wii U is a trash console that never had a chance because it departed from the successful gimmick that made Wii their best console since NES. Nintendo would have done better to stick in the past or try to push the envelop on the future technically. They did neither. And One just has a weak library, has no Indie support like Ps4 and fell behind on publisher partnerships so they get most things last. PS4 would still be dominating the race.

Sony has done cruddy things and made wrong choices but they have been the most stable and consistent of all the console companies since the console renaissance started by NES. Nintendo is basically a handheld company now, Microsoft has only taken steps back since XBOX and Sega still hasn't returned to consoles.
Back to top Go down
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   The Official Video Game Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2016 1:58 am

Dead2009 wrote:
Scott B wrote:
Dead2009 wrote:

Actually, Sony didn't copy Nintendo bc the concept of motion controls existed WAY before Wii was even a project. Also, Sony's PS Eye/Move was already a thing with PS2, but back then it flopped hard bc no one invested in it.

The PS2 PS Eye, called EyeToy:

Spoiler:

Of course Sony isn't a saint and made some mistakes too, as did Nintendo, we all know they aren't saints too (specially in 90's era).

The very fact Wii outsold it's competitions (by 20 million only, that's not a large "domination" compared to what PS2/PS1 did) it's because Sony screw up with PS3 at the beggining AND Nintendo combined a "gimmick" a.k.a motion controls in their new console that attracted a lot of causal gamers. Meanwhile Sony went crazy and went out very arrogant thinking they would win another gen easilly, just see the Sony's 2006 E3 (at your own risk) and see how lost they were. $599 PS3, hardware hard for third parties to develop into, not a good approach/marketing by Sony, weak lineup. They started the generation in the last position, but look how things turned out, by 2009/2010 they learned from their mistakes and PS3 is outselling Xbox 360 by 3 million (the last time I looked up). And let's also remember Wii is discontinued already, I predict Sony will leave PS3 for more 2 years in the market before ending it's production.

The Wii is a lucky phenomenon that will never ever happen again. It only reached 100 million (with that hardware and controls) bc it attracted casuals. Nintendo had everything "conspiring" in their favor in the last gen.

And now look at this gen, PS4 is at 40 million units sold, selling 2x more than Xbox One, and Wii U is at 11 million units and I doubt it will even reach 20 million. Nintendo just keeps stubborn and can't admit their mistakes, if NX even comes out like Wii U (gimmicks, no third party support) I doubt they'll sell different. Wii U is evidence that you can't make your console sell like hotcakes only with Nintendo games (even if they're masterpieces).

PS4 did well bc Sony priced it right, didn't come with gimmicks stuff and actually did a drastical change on DualShock for the first time, had third and first parties support, hardware easy to develop in, and yes, the marketing, as you said.

I like to say Sony is for home consoles what Nintendo is for handleds.

Oh and this too:

Scott B wrote:
And One just has a weak library, has no Indie support like Ps4 and fell behind on publisher partnerships so they get most things last. PS4 would still be dominating the race.
But I really admire Microsoft, Xbox brand got stronger after the last generation. They grew up to compete hand by hand for the lead.

Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   The Official Video Game Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2016 3:09 pm

Allison Road Was Canceled By 'Mutual Agreement' With Publisher Team17

Quote :

Right before E3, we got the unfortunate news that Lilith Studio's Allison Road, a horror game similar to Hideo Kojima's P.T., had been canceled. At the time, we were told to expect a full statement in a couple of days. That has finally emerged.

The developer says that it has moved on from the project after parting ways by "mutual agreement" with Worms developer and indie publisher Team17. The full statement follows:

Hi all,

After a long consideration between Team17 and ourselves, we have reached a mutual agreement to end our collaboration on publishing Allison Road under Team17’s Games label. 

Sometime things pan out differently than expected as game development and publishing have so many layers of complexity... We’d like to especially thank everyone for their support through-out, it has and will always be appreciated!

We reached out to Team17 for its perspective. We'll update should we receive a response.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   The Official Video Game Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Official Video Game Thread
Page 3 of 16Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9 ... 16  Next