Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

Universal's attempt to make the JW Spino skeleton that of the JP3 Spino.

Go down 
+13
TRK/TrexKing
Lost
sdp
TyrannosaurTJ
BoulderFaceplant
The Beeg One
Megaspino2
CT-1138
Spinosaur4.4
Troyal1
Dead2009
BarrytheOnyx
Rhedosaurus
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Lost
Ceratosaurus
Ceratosaurus
Lost

Universal's attempt to make the JW Spino skeleton that of the JP3 Spino. - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Universal's attempt to make the JW Spino skeleton that of the JP3 Spino.   Universal's attempt to make the JW Spino skeleton that of the JP3 Spino. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 02, 2017 4:40 pm

Megaspino2 wrote:
Start at 6:43 when Horner starts talking to 8:30. Notice how the actor of Billy says how Horner described the Spino to the actors and then pay attention to his description of the T.rex; the sentiment that the T.rex is old news and the Spino was the thing of the future is sprinkled throughout the entire video. This was not an attempt to replace the T.rex but rather to try and drive it into extinction (no pun intended) from the franchise. It's not wonder this movie left a poison root in the fan base. Like I said every one of those people are to blame for the mess JP3 was, but the most toxic elements that came out of it are from Horner and you can't deny that.

I've never, for as long as this movie has existed, understood why so many people were upset that they used a different "main dinosaur". It boggles the mind. As a dinosaur enthusiast, I want to see as many dinosaurs as possible, and spinosaurus is a really cool-looking one! Can you blame them for getting excited about it and talking about how impressive it was? How many movies do we need with the t-rex in it? I always hated how people had to make the t-rex into some sort of hero, which is a big part of the reason I was pleased when it was discarded in JP3. Shame on the filmmakers for trying something new, right? Let's just go with "Rexy" (stupid thing to call a t-rex) in every single movie. Why even bother to show other dinosaurs? I was disappointed in Trevorrow when he decided to please these upset t-rex worshippers by destroying that skeleton. What an incredibly childish and cheap point to make.
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

Universal's attempt to make the JW Spino skeleton that of the JP3 Spino. - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Universal's attempt to make the JW Spino skeleton that of the JP3 Spino.   Universal's attempt to make the JW Spino skeleton that of the JP3 Spino. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 02, 2017 4:54 pm

Lost wrote:
Megaspino2 wrote:
Start at 6:43 when Horner starts talking to 8:30. Notice how the actor of Billy says how Horner described the Spino to the actors and then pay attention to his description of the T.rex; the sentiment that the T.rex is old news and the Spino was the thing of the future is sprinkled throughout the entire video. This was not an attempt to replace the T.rex but rather to try and drive it into extinction (no pun intended) from the franchise. It's not wonder this movie left a poison root in the fan base. Like I said every one of those people are to blame for the mess JP3 was, but the most toxic elements that came out of it are from Horner and you can't deny that.

I've never, for as long as this movie has existed, understood why so many people were upset that they used a different "main dinosaur". It boggles the mind. As a dinosaur enthusiast, I want to see as many dinosaurs as possible, and spinosaurus is a really cool-looking one! Can you blame them for getting excited about it and talking about how impressive it was? How many movies do we need with the t-rex in it? I always hated how people had to make the t-rex into some sort of hero, which is a big part of the reason I was pleased when it was discarded in JP3. Shame on the filmmakers for trying something new, right? Let's just go with "Rexy" (stupid thing to call a t-rex) in every single movie. Why even bother to show other dinosaurs? I was disappointed in Trevorrow when he decided to please these upset t-rex worshippers by destroying that skeleton. What an incredibly childish and cheap point to make.

It's because people in general don't like it when something they like gets replaced by something new and unheard of. Even more so in a ham-fisted way. It's not just JP3. Case in point, the 1986 animated Transformers movie.

Remember the 1986 Animated Transformers movie when they killed off most of the old Transformers (With Megatron being the sole exception since he never died)? Remember how they shoved Hot Rod/Rodimus Prime down the throats of Transformers fans after Optimus died? There's a good reason why the animators had to bring Optimus back for good. If it had been another familar Tranformer that took Optimus's place as Autobot leader, that would have been one thing. But a new one that nobody's heard of. ...yeah. Didn't work.

If you're going to blame Trevorrow for having Rexy destroy the Spino skleton, then you should be equally blameful of how the producers and Jack Horner handled the JP3 Spino in such a heavy-handed manner that caused that in the first place.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

If you're concerned about where this franchise is headed, then please join us.

#TRexSpinorematch likes this post

Back to top Go down
Lost
Ceratosaurus
Ceratosaurus
Lost

PostSubject: Re: Universal's attempt to make the JW Spino skeleton that of the JP3 Spino.   Universal's attempt to make the JW Spino skeleton that of the JP3 Spino. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 02, 2017 5:21 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:
If you're going to blame Trevorrow for having Rexy destroy the Spino skleton, then you should be equally blameful of how the producers and Jack Horner handled the JP3 Spino in such a heavy-handed manner that caused that in the first place.

Heavy-handed, how? By having the spino defeat the t-rex? Should that really upset people that much? Should the filmmakers be apologetic for that? Maybe the indominus "fanbase" should be outraged that the tyrannosaurus (plus raptors and the mosa) killed it.
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Universal's attempt to make the JW Spino skeleton that of the JP3 Spino.   Universal's attempt to make the JW Spino skeleton that of the JP3 Spino. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 02, 2017 5:42 pm

Lost wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:

Heavy-handed, how? By having the spino defeat the t-rex? Should that really upset people that much? Should the filmmakers be apologetic for that? Maybe the indominus "fanbase" should be outraged that the tyrannosaurus (plus raptors and the mosa) killed it.

That and surviving an airplane crash with only a big scratch, crashing through a steel barrier without any damage, and set on fire without any damage. (Although, that was actually plausible considering how it was raining and how the Spino emerged from the water.) In other words, they made it into a bad Godzilla knock-off and not as an animal. And not explaining it made things worse. As I said above, people don't like it when something they like is replaced by something new and unknown. Not unless they want it, and most did not want T. rex replaced. At least not in the way they did it. Also, the I. rex was the main villain of JW that destroyed an caused a lot of damage and death, directly and indirectly. And at least it was introduced in a way that the fanbase knows what they are getting.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

Back to top Go down
Lost
Ceratosaurus
Ceratosaurus
Lost

PostSubject: Re: Universal's attempt to make the JW Spino skeleton that of the JP3 Spino.   Universal's attempt to make the JW Spino skeleton that of the JP3 Spino. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 02, 2017 5:57 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:
Lost wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:

That and surviving an airplane crash with only a big scratch, crashing through a steel barrier without any damage, and set on fire without any damage.

You mean like how the i-rex was shot with a rocket launcher and was fine but a few raptor and t-rex bites was too much?
Back to top Go down
CT-1138
Jurassic Mainframe News Team
CT-1138

PostSubject: Re: Universal's attempt to make the JW Spino skeleton that of the JP3 Spino.   Universal's attempt to make the JW Spino skeleton that of the JP3 Spino. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 02, 2017 6:11 pm

To be fair to the iRex, the rocket launched at her missed and hit a tree.

http://abekowalski.deviantart.com/
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Universal's attempt to make the JW Spino skeleton that of the JP3 Spino.   Universal's attempt to make the JW Spino skeleton that of the JP3 Spino. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 02, 2017 6:13 pm

Lost wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:
Lost wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:

That and surviving an airplane crash with only a big scratch, crashing through a steel barrier without any damage, and set on fire without any damage.

You mean like how the i-rex was shot with a rocket launcher and was fine but a few raptor and t-rex bites was too much?

To be fair, it wasn't actually hit by the anti-tank rocket and by round three of the 'super battle' she may have been tired out a bit. Not only that, but keep something in mind. I. rex was made to be a biological weapon from the get go. So it was made to take punishment. The JP3 Spino...we don't know who/why it was made and we might never know, barring another movie company getting the rights after JP6/JW3. (Because we all know Universal won't do it.)

With that being said, I can see why people think that's hard to believe and I'm not going to blame them all that much.

Back to top Go down
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: Universal's attempt to make the JW Spino skeleton that of the JP3 Spino.   Universal's attempt to make the JW Spino skeleton that of the JP3 Spino. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 02, 2017 6:20 pm

It would seem that nigh invulnerability is a recurring trait among giant theropods in the JP series, even Rexy was able to recover from being battered, scarred and pinned down by the I. rex. Part of why I subscribe to the idea of the Spinosaurus being an early InGen experiment for non-recreational dinosaurs is its strength, durability and savagery.

Spino with an airplane crash that would have certainly did more damage than a scratch, and Indominus only being knocked over to the side instead of getting her flesh seared off, even accepting her scales must be pullet-proof. I can't imagine that close encounter didn't weaken her to an extent. She was constantly expending her energy and rarely ever replenishing it throughout the 12 plus hours she was running amok. That's why I think Rexy was able to hold her own for a while and even do some serious damage, she was more or less at the end of her tether.

Like Rhedo, I do understand why these traits and abilities break suspension of disbelief for many people, I just like to share my perceptions on these sorts of things.

Universal's attempt to make the JW Spino skeleton that of the JP3 Spino. - Page 3 Dinosa12
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Universal's attempt to make the JW Spino skeleton that of the JP3 Spino.   Universal's attempt to make the JW Spino skeleton that of the JP3 Spino. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 02, 2017 6:45 pm

BarrytheOnyx wrote:
It would seem that nigh invulnerability is a recurring trait among giant theropods in the JP series, even Rexy was able to recover from being battered, scarred and pinned down by the I. rex. Part of why I subscribe to the idea of the Spinosaurus being an early InGen experiment for non-recreational dinosaurs is its strength, durability and savagery.

Spino with an airplane crash that would have certainly did more damage than a scratch, and Indominus only being knocked over to the side instead of getting her flesh seared off, even accepting her scales must be pullet-proof. I can't imagine that close encounter didn't weaken her to an extent. She was constantly expending her energy and rarely ever replenishing it throughout the 12 plus hours she was running amok. That's why I think Rexy was able to hold her own for a while and even do some serious damage, she was more or less at the end of her tether.

Indeed, the JP3 Spino had a lot of time to regain lost energy in between the scenes that it was in. I. rex rarely did. And the only chances it had, via killing the Apatosaurus's and the alpha Ankylosaurus and having a chance to eat them, it never took a single bite. Even the T. rex parents in TLW, more so Papa Rex when he was in a drugged-up rage in San Diego, managed to regain some of their energy.

Back to top Go down
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: Universal's attempt to make the JW Spino skeleton that of the JP3 Spino.   Universal's attempt to make the JW Spino skeleton that of the JP3 Spino. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 02, 2017 8:13 pm

Lost wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:

OMG This 100%.

Everyone here knows I love I.rex and I'm huge fan of it, but do you see me making petty petitions for a "rematch" with Rexy and a new I.rex? 

That's it, people need to be mature enough to accept these are animals, not monsters (I.rex might be a monster but this is not the subject). They can lose or win. T.rex wasn't a pokemon.

Funny see you guys talking about I.rex and Spino, but you guys forget that Rexy should not  even been able to recover herself to beat I.rex in the final battle. Or you guys really think an old T.rex would survive I.rex first blows? So I think we should all agree that all 3 have far fertched scenes.

Former JPL member, Spinosaur4.4.

Universal's attempt to make the JW Spino skeleton that of the JP3 Spino. - Page 3 LYHX0zA

Last edited by Spinosaur4.4 on Tue May 02, 2017 8:24 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Universal's attempt to make the JW Spino skeleton that of the JP3 Spino.   Universal's attempt to make the JW Spino skeleton that of the JP3 Spino. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 02, 2017 8:21 pm

Spinosaur4.4 wrote:
Lost wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:

OMG This 100%.

Everyone here knows I love I.rex and I'm huge fan of it, but do you see me making petty petitions for a "rematch" with Rexy and a new T.rex? 

That's it, people need to be mature enough to accept these are animals, not monsters (I.rex might be a monster but this is not the subject).

And the JP3 Spino wasn't a monster, or at least not portrayed as such?

Back to top Go down
TRK/TrexKing
Administrator
Administrator
TRK/TrexKing

PostSubject: Re: Universal's attempt to make the JW Spino skeleton that of the JP3 Spino.   Universal's attempt to make the JW Spino skeleton that of the JP3 Spino. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 02, 2017 8:23 pm

Above all of this, whether the tweet was a marketing ploy or a way to integrate the sequels into the new franchise canon, Universal is in charge of the story, the canon everything. If it's tweeted through official material we may as wel consider it canon. Whether we like it or not that is the way it is. One thing that kind of irks me is that everyone complained about JW having nothing to do with the previous movies other than JP, so we get something that could possibly loosely tie them together and we complain. Yes I get the size and structure of the skeleton is way off but it's just the way it is.

Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: Universal's attempt to make the JW Spino skeleton that of the JP3 Spino.   Universal's attempt to make the JW Spino skeleton that of the JP3 Spino. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 02, 2017 8:32 pm

Lost wrote:
Megaspino2 wrote:

Because as I said, some JP "fans" don't like dinosaurs. They like T.rex. And maybe a few mainstream dinosaurs. What kinda of dinosaur fan would get mad with Spino? Same thing I said about people wanting to watch JW2 now because of Ian Malcolm, and I almost got burned alive because of that.

Universal's attempt to make the JW Spino skeleton that of the JP3 Spino. - Page 3 LYHX0zA
Back to top Go down
CT-1138
CT-1138

PostSubject: Re: Universal's attempt to make the JW Spino skeleton that of the JP3 Spino.   Universal's attempt to make the JW Spino skeleton that of the JP3 Spino. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 02, 2017 8:51 pm

Maybe the kind of Spino that looks like a mutant duck and acts like Michael Myers?

http://abekowalski.deviantart.com/
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: Universal's attempt to make the JW Spino skeleton that of the JP3 Spino.   Universal's attempt to make the JW Spino skeleton that of the JP3 Spino. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 02, 2017 8:55 pm

It was not bad at all, IMO. Okay, it did things that no normal animal did. But it wasn't that horrible like people think it was.

I still sometimes think TLW rexes acted monstruous sometimes too.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Universal's attempt to make the JW Spino skeleton that of the JP3 Spino.   Universal's attempt to make the JW Spino skeleton that of the JP3 Spino. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 02, 2017 9:05 pm

Spinosaur4.4 wrote:
It was not bad at all, IMO. Okay, it did things that no normal animal did. But it wasn't that horrible like people think it was.

So surviving a plane crash, going through a thick steel barrier, and getting burned alive without a single burn mark isn't 'bad at all'? Also, TLW T. rexes were defending their kid and their home territory. So they had a reason to be monstrous.

CT-1138 wrote:
Maybe the kind of Spino that looks like a mutant duck and acts like Michael Myers?

I still hope that it gets ret-conned as a Spiny/Rex hybrid if some other company gets the rights to it. After all, Universal sure won't do anything to explain it.

Back to top Go down
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: Universal's attempt to make the JW Spino skeleton that of the JP3 Spino.   Universal's attempt to make the JW Spino skeleton that of the JP3 Spino. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 02, 2017 9:19 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:
Spinosaur4.4 wrote:

So surviving a plane crash, going through a thick steel barrier, and getting burned alive without a single burn mark isn't 'bad at all'? Also, TLW T. rexes were defending their kid and their home territory. So they had a reason to be monstrous.

CT-1138 wrote:

I still hope that it gets ret-conned as a Spiny/Rex hybrid if some other company gets the rights to it. After all, Universal sure won't do anything to explain it.

Same way Rexy get's her ass beaten by a genetically modified bioweapon and still got up in seconds like nothing happened to kill it. So yeah, both have it's flaws.

Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: Universal's attempt to make the JW Spino skeleton that of the JP3 Spino.   Universal's attempt to make the JW Spino skeleton that of the JP3 Spino. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 02, 2017 9:29 pm

Spinosaur4.4 wrote:

Any animal that has offspring will do whatever it takes to defend itself, it's young and it's territory (unless of course it doesnt have parental instincts and will abandon its young after birth). That's not being "monstrous", that's part of nature.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Universal's attempt to make the JW Spino skeleton that of the JP3 Spino.   Universal's attempt to make the JW Spino skeleton that of the JP3 Spino. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 02, 2017 9:48 pm

The problem with TLW is not the animal logic, but the human logic. Most of the characters are idiots. For example, how can I take either of these so-called "experts" and their opinions seriously even when it comes to the otherwise passable piece of dialogue below, when one of them is directly responsible for attracting the T-Rex to follow the group with her stupid bloody clothes and complete lack of wildlife and camping skills, and the other one rather jumps into the mouth of the Rex than deals with random poisonless milk snake. And then you get people like JPC Podcast ridiculing Alan Grant for being sellout, while these two clowns they adore have no idea what they're doing in the wild.

Sarah Harding: And the rex may continue to track us, too, if they perceive a threat to themselves or to their infant.
Dr. Robert Burke: No, no, you're wrong there, Dr. Harding. We'll lose them once we leave their territory.
Sarah Harding: No, don't bet on it. Tyrannosaurs got the largest proportional olfactory cavity of any creature in the fossil record with the exception of one.
Back to top Go down
Megaspino2
Megaspino2

PostSubject: Re: Universal's attempt to make the JW Spino skeleton that of the JP3 Spino.   Universal's attempt to make the JW Spino skeleton that of the JP3 Spino. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 02, 2017 9:58 pm

Lost wrote:

I never once said that it was bad that they went for a new dinosaur but the way it was executed was piss poor. They turned the spino into a generic movie monster. Want proof? The phone scene alone is enough to prove my point. It's toxic because they violated the one thing JP tried to do from the start, which was to make the dinosaurs as neutral and animal like as possible. JP was not the first dinosaur movie, but it was one of the first to try to make the dinosaurs seem like real animals. JP3 just takes this concept and flushes it down the toilet with the way they handle the spino and the raptors.

I would have had no problem with the fight but the way they did it was pointless. It was like the filmmakers saying, "haha rex is trash, spino is life, get rektd kid." Atleast there was some buildup to the I.rex fight and while it was corny, it was worthy of being a final battle. The way the film handles it is why people get so upset with the topic. The t.tex deserved more than to be used as fodder and the spino deserved more than being a mindless killing machine.

Also, regarding TLW and the rex pair, Mistral nailed it right on the head. The reason the rex keep chasing the group is because of the blood and Sarah just has a complete brain fart. The movie clearly states that it is normal rex behavior and the characters completely ignore it. Pretty sure the movie did that on purpose.

Everyone needs to tone down the emotion though. Seriously, this could very easily spin out of control.

Last edited by Megaspino2 on Tue May 02, 2017 10:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: Universal's attempt to make the JW Spino skeleton that of the JP3 Spino.   Universal's attempt to make the JW Spino skeleton that of the JP3 Spino. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 02, 2017 10:00 pm

I'm going to be so angry if Universal keeps attempting to push this who dino fighting thing.

I would actually be okay with what @Rhedosaurus is proposing with the whole Retcon thing, not for the sake of appeasing people per say, but it would allow us to see the Spino in it's more accurate form and provide an explanation for it looking different. Because I genuinely would like to see the animal come back and there is no way they are bringing the JP3 version back, atleast I wouldn't think so. 

And I think it would add that extra level to JP3 and make it make sense that it's a monster. And yes I'm aware that other animals in JP have not been protrayed extremely accurately before.

But either way I hope to god they drop it and move on(fight wise). Now I'm in no way against a realistic fight that makes sense. Just not one for the sake of one. And I feel like JW went too far in that area.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Universal's attempt to make the JW Spino skeleton that of the JP3 Spino.   Universal's attempt to make the JW Spino skeleton that of the JP3 Spino. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 02, 2017 10:05 pm

Actually Sarah has triple brain fart, because not only does she screw it up with her clothes and leaving freaking snacks all over the place like 5-year old, but she also very much helps to kidnap the bloody infant, and with Nick indirectly gets everyone screwed and/or killed. Yes, the same infant she lectures everyone else later on of being super important with the T-Rex following them. What a hypocrite.

Yeah I know they did this on purpose to get the plot going and stuff, hoping no-one noticed, but I did. The characters are retards. Some are okay, but mostly retards. Dinosaurs are alright.

In JP3 & JW not so much.

Last edited by Mistral on Tue May 02, 2017 10:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Universal's attempt to make the JW Spino skeleton that of the JP3 Spino.   Universal's attempt to make the JW Spino skeleton that of the JP3 Spino. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 02, 2017 10:07 pm

Mistral wrote:
and the other one rather jumps into the mouth of the Rex than deals with random poisonless milk snake.

To be fair, he most likely mistook it for a coral snake, which is poisonous.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Universal's attempt to make the JW Spino skeleton that of the JP3 Spino.   Universal's attempt to make the JW Spino skeleton that of the JP3 Spino. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 02, 2017 10:10 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:
Mistral wrote:
and the other one rather jumps into the mouth of the Rex than deals with random poisonless milk snake.

Maybe, but what the hell was he going to achieve by jumping to the mouth of the T-Rex? And even if he somehow magically managed to get pass by it by billion to one odds, the snake (if it really had been coral snake) probably would have bitten him anyway due to him moving so rapidly like an idiot. It's like he had never been in contact with living animal
Back to top Go down
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: Universal's attempt to make the JW Spino skeleton that of the JP3 Spino.   Universal's attempt to make the JW Spino skeleton that of the JP3 Spino. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 02, 2017 10:21 pm

Dead2009 wrote:
Spinosaur4.4 wrote:

Any animal that has offspring will do whatever it takes to defend itself, it's young and it's territory (unless of course it doesnt have parental instincts and will abandon its young after birth). That's not being "monstrous", that's part of nature.
Pushing a trailer with people inside it to a cliff doesn't sound so natural at all. It sounds like a revenge.

I think Nick is more at fault than Sarah. Sarah is awesome even when she does the dumb mistake in walking around with T.rex blood on her jacket.

Nick on the other hand is an asshole that deserved to die in Eddie's place.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Universal's attempt to make the JW Spino skeleton that of the JP3 Spino.   Universal's attempt to make the JW Spino skeleton that of the JP3 Spino. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 02, 2017 10:24 pm

Spinosaur4.4 wrote:
Dead2009 wrote:
Spinosaur4.4 wrote:

Pushing a trailer with people inside it to a cliff doesn't sound so natural at all. It sounds like a revenge.

They were trying to permanently eradicate a threat to not only their kid, but to themselves. Besides, it wasn't their fault that they didn't know that the Dino Hunters were the ones that captured it.

Mistral wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:
Mistral wrote:

It's like he had never been in contact with living animal.

Well, he's certainly never encountered a living snake up until that point. That's for sure.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Universal's attempt to make the JW Spino skeleton that of the JP3 Spino.   Universal's attempt to make the JW Spino skeleton that of the JP3 Spino. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 02, 2017 10:33 pm

Spinosaur4.4 wrote:
I think Nick is more at fault than Sarah. Sarah is awesome even when she does the dumb mistake in walking around with T.rex blood on her jacket.

Nick on the other hand is an asshole that deserved to die in Eddie's place.

I hate Nick far more than I do Sarah, and as I've said on that one thread I made he is basically the true arch villain of that movie as I see it. BUT if we talk about so-called self proclaimed experts... Nick's no expert in wild, and isn't pretending to be. Being in Greenpeace doesn't mean he knows anything about anything. He's even lighting cigarettes in the forest. But Sarah, who Hammond builds up as being this ultimate wild life and predator expert, and who herself as well is all macho about her survival skills and theoretical knowledge, has no idea what she is doing whatsoever. She's clearly never been anywhere where there's predators, I mean not even bears by the look of her reckless habits, and she cannot actually conform to her own advices and theories.

Last edited by Mistral on Tue May 02, 2017 10:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: Universal's attempt to make the JW Spino skeleton that of the JP3 Spino.   Universal's attempt to make the JW Spino skeleton that of the JP3 Spino. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 02, 2017 10:37 pm

Yeah but how they got to know what was happening...Anyway, I'll let it pass.

But I told you it's 50-50 and I bet if it was Rex in the role of Spino in JP3 people wouldn't be so angry at all.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Universal's attempt to make the JW Spino skeleton that of the JP3 Spino.   Universal's attempt to make the JW Spino skeleton that of the JP3 Spino. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 02, 2017 10:51 pm

Spinosaur4.4 wrote:
Yeah but how they got to know what was happening...Anyway, I'll let it pass.

But I told you it's 50-50 and I bet if it was Rex in the role of Spino in JP3 people wouldn't be so angry at all.

Angry, no. Upset, yes. The father T. rex going on a rampage in San Diego was one thing since he was in a drugged up rage after being captured and brought to a land he didn't know. Oh, and he found out that his kid got...well...kidnapped again. While some can see that as jumping the shark, and I can see why, at least he had reasons for all that carnage he caused. And most of that can be blamed on Ludlow.  

If a T. rex did what the JP3 Spino did, then I think that people still wouldn't like it since it would be turning it into a Godzilla knockoff and not having it be like an animal.

Back to top Go down
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: Universal's attempt to make the JW Spino skeleton that of the JP3 Spino.   Universal's attempt to make the JW Spino skeleton that of the JP3 Spino. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 02, 2017 10:55 pm

I love this forum, everyone is chill while talking about this subject.  You guys are great.Very Happy

Well, I have to agree with you there.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Universal's attempt to make the JW Spino skeleton that of the JP3 Spino.   Universal's attempt to make the JW Spino skeleton that of the JP3 Spino. - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Universal's attempt to make the JW Spino skeleton that of the JP3 Spino.
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next