Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.3

Go down 
+35
Sickle_Claw
IllOrfanato
Tyrant Lizard
Six-Foot Turkey
BarrytheOnyx
Rhedosaurus
Dead2009
V.a.nublarensis
Gondrasia
Amanasaur Rex
AJFU
TRK/TrexKing
JP_Korea
CT-1138
brunofernando
Robotpo
NolaJP
K_Ozz92
The Geeky Zoologist
BoulderFaceplant
Baryonyx111
Trexbreakout
deinocoop
DinoMike
Bbrink1996
baryonyx7
Pachyrhinosaurus
Levine
Océane
Spinosaur4.4
TyrannoFan
#TRexSpinorematch
Oviraptor
TheDreamMaster
Dr. Wu
39 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 27 ... 34  Next
AuthorMessage
K_Ozz92
Compsognathus
Compsognathus
K_Ozz92

General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.3 - Page 21 Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.3   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.3 - Page 21 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 28, 2017 3:57 pm

dance2nite wrote:
I think we may see a Baryonyx for the Nublar scenes & possibly a Carnotaurus on the mainland & but probably no Dilo again though? Crying or Very sad

I think most of the Dino scenes will be Blue, Rexy, Indoraptor (at the end) & the Mosa (at the start) & a few herbivore scenes too.

Were Baryonyx and Carnotaurus already confirmed?

"Nothing in Jurassic World is natural, we have always filled gaps in the genome with the DNA of other animals. And if the genetic code was pure, many of them would look quite different. But you didn't ask for reality, you asked for more teeth."- Dr. Wu.
General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.3 - Page 21 Tumblr_o344ke_PXt_X1rp0vkjo1_500
Back to top Go down
dance2nite
Sorna Velociraptor
Sorna Velociraptor
dance2nite

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.3   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.3 - Page 21 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 28, 2017 7:40 pm

K_Ozz92 wrote:
dance2nite wrote:
I think we may see a Baryonyx for the Nublar scenes & possibly a Carnotaurus on the mainland & but probably no Dilo again though? Crying or Very sad

I think most of the Dino scenes will be Blue, Rexy, Indoraptor (at the end) & the Mosa (at the start) & a few herbivore scenes too.

Were Baryonyx and Carnotaurus already confirmed?

No, but heavily rumoured! Wink
Back to top Go down
BoulderFaceplant
Ceratosaurus
Ceratosaurus

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.3   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.3 - Page 21 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 28, 2017 8:12 pm

Whatever happens, the T. Rex needs to break loose in the third act. We can't just have her brought back to the mainland for auction and then be sent back to Isla Sorna (or some other happy or sad ending) without incident.
Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.3   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.3 - Page 21 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 28, 2017 8:52 pm

dance2nite wrote:

What do you mean? We got a dilo hologram and now a statue in this one... You still are not satisfied????

(Troyal1 says in an extreme sarcastic and Bitter, BITTER tone).
Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.3   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.3 - Page 21 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 01, 2017 10:51 pm

Anything new at all? Even small Twitter news? I know we are in a dry spot but still. I can't wait!!
Back to top Go down
Six-Foot Turkey
Triceratops
Triceratops
Six-Foot Turkey

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.3   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.3 - Page 21 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 02, 2017 1:58 pm

Troyal1 wrote:
Anything new at all? Even small Twitter news? I know we are in a dry spot but still. I can't wait!!

Colin Trevorrow and Derek Conolly's Star Wars IX script is being reworked by a new writer. Hope Jurassic's script is up to par.
Back to top Go down
Herrerasaurus
Ankylosaurus
Ankylosaurus
Herrerasaurus

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.3   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.3 - Page 21 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 02, 2017 3:38 pm

Six-Foot Turkey wrote:
Troyal1 wrote:

Colin Trevorrow and Derek Conolly's Star Wars IX script is being reworked by a new writer. Hope Jurassic's script is up to par.
Looks like they are taking precautions over the Book of Henry reactions. I would worry less with Fallen Kingdom since colin was there to serve Bayona and tailor the script around his needs.
Back to top Go down
brunofernando
Embryo
Embryo
brunofernando

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.3   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.3 - Page 21 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 02, 2017 8:57 pm

Herrerasaurus wrote:
Six-Foot Turkey wrote:
Troyal1 wrote:

Looks like they are taking precautions over the Book of Henry reactions. I would worry less with Fallen Kingdom since colin was there to serve Bayona and tailor the script around his needs.

Colin didn't write Book of Henry. Anyway, probably Fallen Kingdom script was also revised by someone else who may not get the credit for it because it would look bad for Colin, since he's the "boss" now. At least I hope so.
Back to top Go down
Herrerasaurus
Ankylosaurus
Ankylosaurus
Herrerasaurus

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.3   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.3 - Page 21 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 02, 2017 9:03 pm

brunofernando wrote:
Herrerasaurus wrote:
Six-Foot Turkey wrote:
Troyal1 wrote:

Colin didn't write Book of Henry. Anyway, probably Fallen Kingdom script was also revised by someone else who may not get the credit for it because it would look bad for Colin, since he's the "boss" now. At least I hope so.
I doubt it, unless colin was lying about being on set with his laptop ready to make changes to the script
Back to top Go down
Robotpo
Nublar Velociraptor
Nublar Velociraptor
Robotpo

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.3   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.3 - Page 21 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 02, 2017 9:11 pm

Six-Foot Turkey wrote:
Troyal1 wrote:

The guy's name is Jack Thorne. Laughing

It doesn't really matter, I suppose, since JJ Abrams rendered the original movies pointless by undoing everything that happened in them.
Back to top Go down
Six-Foot Turkey
Triceratops
Triceratops
Six-Foot Turkey

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.3   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.3 - Page 21 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 03, 2017 1:26 pm

Robotpo wrote:
Six-Foot Turkey wrote:
Troyal1 wrote:

The guy's name is Jack Thorne. Laughing

It doesn't really matter, I suppose, since JJ Abrams rendered the original movies pointless by undoing everything that happened in them.

Totally agree. It's not like it can get much worse than The Force Awakens, yet everyone is going apeshit.
Back to top Go down
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.3   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.3 - Page 21 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 04, 2017 5:19 am

IMDB confirms that Michael Papajohn returns as the InGen contractor from Jurassic World.

Maybe a foregone conclusion for some since he is shown getting away in Dr Wu's chopper, but I am at least glad that they aren't letting that minor character slip through their fingers - they are paying attention to their work.

General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.3 - Page 21 Dinosa12
Back to top Go down
V.a.nublarensis
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
V.a.nublarensis

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.3   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.3 - Page 21 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 04, 2017 6:13 am

He was a great minor character, so I'm glad.
Back to top Go down
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.3   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.3 - Page 21 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 04, 2017 4:23 pm

BarrytheOnyx wrote:
IMDB confirms that Michael Papajohn returns as the InGen contractor from Jurassic World.

Maybe a foregone conclusion for some since he is shown getting away in Dr Wu's chopper, but I am at least glad that they aren't letting that minor character slip through their fingers - they are paying attention to their work.

Glad he's coming back. But yeah interesting that after all that time, I was the sole champion for Bearded guy and now everyone wants him back. I approve!

Embryo
Embryo
brunofernando

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.3   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.3 - Page 21 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 04, 2017 7:17 pm

Bayona tweet he was in the editing room... and then deleted it.
Back to top Go down
dance2nite
Sorna Velociraptor
Sorna Velociraptor
dance2nite

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.3   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.3 - Page 21 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 04, 2017 7:31 pm

I wonder if Michael is in the scene with Wu in the helicopter when they come back to the Lagoon?
Back to top Go down
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.3   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.3 - Page 21 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 04, 2017 7:47 pm

dance2nite wrote:
I wonder if Michael is in the scene with Wu in the helicopter when they come back to the Lagoon?

I wonder if they will just write out his character by having Wu push him into the lagoon after taking the Indominus d na from him when he's on the ladder.

lol!

Triceratops
Triceratops
Six-Foot Turkey

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.3   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.3 - Page 21 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 04, 2017 7:51 pm

brunofernando wrote:
Bayona tweet he was in the editing room... and then deleted it.

I wonder why he deleted the tweet
Back to top Go down
BoulderFaceplant
Ceratosaurus
Ceratosaurus

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.3   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.3 - Page 21 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 04, 2017 8:10 pm

I will say I'm concerned about the writing and dialogue. Jurassic World had some noticeable tonal issues. Zara's death was supposed to scare the audience, but it was shot like a comedy. Zach and Gray aren't the least bit bothered by it, either. Then you have that scene where Zach comforts Gray in the ambulance, which just feels forced as everything gets sappy all of a sudden. I hope the rumors rhat Bayona did rewrites are true.
Back to top Go down
Herrerasaurus
Ankylosaurus
Ankylosaurus
Herrerasaurus

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.3   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.3 - Page 21 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 04, 2017 10:36 pm

BoulderFaceplant wrote:
I will say I'm concerned about the writing and dialogue. Jurassic World had some noticeable tonal issues. Zara's death was supposed to scare the audience, but it was shot like a comedy. Zach and Gray aren't the least bit bothered by it, either. Then you have that scene where Zach comforts Gray in the ambulance, which just feels forced as everything gets sappy all of a sudden. I hope the rumors rhat Bayona did rewrites are true.
Those problems seem to be more like directing problems than writing ones. I wouldn't worry about that kind of stuff with Bayano at the helm. Also its nice to see that papajahn guy back! Totally thought that they forgot about him.
Back to top Go down
Dr. Wu
Veteran
Veteran
Dr. Wu

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.3   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.3 - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 05, 2017 7:19 am

Zara's death wasn't scary but it was shocking which was the point and Zack and Gray didn't have time to be bothered by her death as they had to run for their lives. Maybe that scene in the ambulance was a little forced but it made Zack be a more likeable character.

Yeah the writing for JW wasn't the best but it wasn't bad either in my opinion.

Hatchling
Hatchling
Baryonyx111

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.3   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.3 - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 05, 2017 11:19 am

I'm not worried about the directing, but you have to admit, writing is a concern....

Veteran
Veteran
Dr. Wu

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.3   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.3 - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 05, 2017 11:42 am

JW's writing didn't bother me so I'm not concern that much. It's not great writing by any means but I've seen way worst. Hoskins' dialogue was the definitely the weakest but I didn't hate it.

IMO the writing in movies like JW isn't the most important element. Most general audiences don't care about how great the writing is and just want to see dinosaurs eat people and fight.

Last edited by Dr. Wu on Sat Aug 05, 2017 11:58 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.3   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.3 - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 05, 2017 11:45 am

Six-Foot Turkey wrote:
Troyal1 wrote:

I told you guys. I really worry about the characters, hope they are not flat. Derek is horrible with writing characters and I hope Colin improved since JW.

Yeah, I always felt Colin wasn't that good with scripts. SW being rewriten just confirms that. At least Disney cares about their franchises, contrary to Universal...

By the way, I'm happy that InGen bearded guy is back! Maybe that means we'll see a flashback scene with him or...WU ESCAPES AGAIN.  Twisted Evil

Okay, let me dream guys.  Laughing

Former JPL member, Spinosaur4.4.

General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.3 - Page 21 LYHX0zA
Back to top Go down
IllOrfanato
Compsognathus
Compsognathus

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.3   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.3 - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 05, 2017 3:46 pm

I think Colin is a bit unlucky.

JW writing is a result of pile of ideas gathered for more than a decade by Steven Spielberg and previous screenwriters. In the end I think the script in actual movie is better than what Jaffa and Silver did. I do however complain about lack of backstory - all of the good stuff that connect movies is scattered throughout viral websites and toy descriptions.

Since JW script is actually a brainstorm of ideas and for JW:FK Colin was given some freedom, I do think we might have some better script, however - until I see the movie I can just speculate.

About Colin being unlucky - I think it is not always very fortunate to be pulled from indie movie genre straight to blockbuster universe. And placing Colin as Episode IX director might be a great harm to him, because let's face it - even if the movie will be good, hardcore SW fans will tear him apart. I have heard, that after Book of Henry flopped in the cinemas, some people are actually willing to put Colin from directors chair in Episode IX - was Book of Henry that bad?

That being said - I hope both JW:FK and SWIX will turn to be good movies - both from artistic and financial perspectives.
Back to top Go down
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.3   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.3 - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 05, 2017 4:05 pm

IllOrfanato wrote:

JW writing is a result of pile of ideas gathered for more than a decade by Steven Spielberg and previous screenwriters. In the end I think the script in actual movie is better than what Jaffa and Silver did. I do however complain about lack of backstory - all of the good stuff that connect movies is scattered throughout viral websites and toy descriptions.

Since JW script is actually a brainstorm of ideas and for JW:FK Colin was given some freedom, I do think we might have some better script, however - until I see the movie I can just speculate.

About Colin being unlucky - I think it is not always very fortunate to be pulled from indie movie genre straight to blockbuster universe. And placing Colin as Episode IX director might be a great harm to him, because let's face it - even if the movie will be good, hardcore SW fans will tear him apart. I have heard, that after Book of Henry flopped in the cinemas, some people are actually willing to put Colin from directors chair in Episode IX - was Book of Henry that bad?

That being said - I hope both JW:FK and SWIX will turn to be good movies - both from artistic and financial perspectives.

I agree with every point you raise, especially the one about the Rick Jaffa/Amanda Silver script, which based on what I have read needed a few re-writes to work properly. It's one major failing was the "Malusaurus", which suffered from having a name that was too on the nose (literally "evil lizard"), and all of its abilities were latent to the animal when it was alive in the Cretaceous. At least, with the Indominus being made as a military experiment disguised as a theme park attraction, its abilities and unstable characterization made sense. In Jaffa and Silver's draft, the main character, who would ultimately become Owen, actively supported the militarization of the raptors from the beginning of the story. Frankly that sounds more like a villain to me. And the other protagonist (later re-written as Claire) brought her two sons to the park while being on an undercover mission to get back at InGen for stealing her paleontological research and the animal's DNA. Why would she do that? Bringing her sons into a situation and against a company that would naturally put them all in danger??

But back to Colin, I do think he was probably thrust into Star Wars a bit too soon, not just soon in the context of being so quickly after Jurassic World but in the sense that he does have directing chops that could have continued to develop had he done a few more films of his own making before jumping into the Lucasfilm fold. He didn't write the script for The Book of Henry, and I'm willing to give the benefit of the doubt because it's a vastly different film from Jurassic World and Star Wars - more of an experiment than a general audience blockbuster. The script for Fallen Kingdom needs a good mix of creative liberty and self-imposed limitations to ensure that it works as an extension of the Jurassic universe and improvement over its predecessor, and hopefully that may cause some of the vitriol to ease off. Fallen Kingdom is also partially his creation after all, even if Bayona deserves the majority share of the credit.

Back to top Go down
Six-Foot Turkey
Triceratops
Triceratops
Six-Foot Turkey

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.3   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.3 - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 05, 2017 5:03 pm

IllOrfanato wrote:

We've never seen Rick Jaffa and Amanda Silva's script, though.
Back to top Go down
Six-Foot Turkey
Triceratops
Triceratops
Six-Foot Turkey

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.3   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.3 - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 05, 2017 5:04 pm

The worst line for me was
Owen - "That's her tracking implant, she clawed it out"
Claire - "How would it know to do that?"
Owen - "She remembered where they put it in..."

No sh*t.
Back to top Go down
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.3   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.3 - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 05, 2017 6:01 pm

Six-Foot Turkey wrote:
The worst line for me was
Owen - "That's her tracking implant, she clawed it out"
Claire - "How would it know to do that?"
Owen - "She remembered where they put it in..."

No sh*t.

Yeah, dialogue like that is not so easy to defend, and feels like it was written just for the trailer. Though again, that is just speculation on my part. As much as I may defend the screenwriter change-over (to an extent), they could have done better with that particular exchange. Especially since we get a high quality scene like the Wu and Masrani argument a few minutes later.

Back to top Go down
Six-Foot Turkey
Triceratops
Triceratops
Six-Foot Turkey

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.3   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.3 - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 05, 2017 6:40 pm

BarrytheOnyx wrote:
IllOrfanato wrote:

I agree with every point you raise, especially the one about the Rick Jaffa/Amanda Silver script, which based on what I have read needed a few re-writes to work properly. It's one major failing was the "Malusaurus", which suffered from having a name that was too on the nose (literally "evil lizard"), and all of its abilities were latent to the animal when it was alive in the Cretaceous. At least, with the Indominus being made as a military experiment disguised as a theme park attraction, its abilities and unstable characterization made sense. In Jaffa and Silver's draft, the main character, who would ultimately become Owen, actively supported the militarization of the raptors from the beginning of the story. Frankly that sounds more like a villain to me. And the other protagonist (later re-written as Claire) brought her two sons to the park while being on an undercover mission to get back at InGen for stealing her paleontological research and the animal's DNA. Why would she do that? Bringing her sons into a situation and against a company that would naturally put them all in danger??

But back to Colin, I do think he was probably thrust into Star Wars a bit too soon, not just soon in the context of being so quickly after Jurassic World but in the sense that he does have directing chops that could have continued to develop had he done a few more films of his own making before jumping into the Lucasfilm fold. He didn't write the script for The Book of Henry, and I'm willing to give the benefit of the doubt because it's a vastly different film from Jurassic World and Star Wars - more of an experiment than a general audience blockbuster. The script for Fallen Kingdom needs a good mix of creative liberty and self-imposed limitations to ensure that it works as an extension of the Jurassic universe and improvement over its predecessor, and hopefully that may cause some of the vitriol to ease off. Fallen Kingdom is also partially his creation after all, even if Bayona deserves the majority share of the credit.

Where did you find those details about the Rick Jaffa and Amanda Silva script?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.3   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.3 - Page 21 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.3
Page 20 of 34Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 27 ... 34  Next