Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

Colin reveals the Indoraptor

Go down 
+11
Rhedosaurus
Bbrink1996
DinoMike
NolaJP
dance2nite
Dead2009
Six-Foot Turkey
Tyrant Lizard
Troyal1
Spinosaur4.4
Sickle_Claw
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

Colin reveals the Indoraptor Empty
PostSubject: Colin reveals the Indoraptor   Colin reveals the Indoraptor Icon_minitimeSun Jul 09, 2017 3:48 pm

https://twitter.com/colintrevorrow/status/884115156724330496

Its public now.

Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: Colin reveals the Indoraptor   Colin reveals the Indoraptor Icon_minitimeSun Jul 09, 2017 5:29 pm

This is trully the "Ian Malcolm is back" news for me. Seriously. Nothing had me so hyped for this since months! I'm so excited and happy! I'm loving the concept so far and the possibilities with this new hybrid are great! Hope Bayona brings a darker tone with it! Very Happy

Former JPL member, Spinosaur4.4.

Colin reveals the Indoraptor LYHX0zA
Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: Colin reveals the Indoraptor   Colin reveals the Indoraptor Icon_minitimeSun Jul 09, 2017 5:58 pm

Looks amazing
Back to top Go down
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: Colin reveals the Indoraptor   Colin reveals the Indoraptor Icon_minitimeSun Jul 09, 2017 6:03 pm

Looks cool and all, but do we seriously have to call it the Indoraptor?

Obviously it is the new hybrid though. The jagged teeth are a dead give away. I just pray for a better name.

Colin reveals the Indoraptor Jpbann10
Back to top Go down
Six-Foot Turkey
Triceratops
Triceratops
Six-Foot Turkey

PostSubject: Re: Colin reveals the Indoraptor   Colin reveals the Indoraptor Icon_minitimeSun Jul 09, 2017 6:42 pm

I'd prefer Indomiraptor or Indominus Raptor. Like others have said before, Indominus Rex meant something. Indoraptor doesn't?
Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: Colin reveals the Indoraptor   Colin reveals the Indoraptor Icon_minitimeSun Jul 09, 2017 6:43 pm

Need to see it in action in order to be impressed, IMO. Also I'm sure "Indoraptor" isnt the official name for it and it'll probably be changed when it comes time to drop the trailer, just like how the Indominus' first name was Diabolus Rex.

Back to top Go down
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: Colin reveals the Indoraptor   Colin reveals the Indoraptor Icon_minitimeSun Jul 09, 2017 6:45 pm

I feel like this post is relevant in this thread.

CT-1138 wrote:
It's cringe without finesse, but that's kinda CT and Connolly's style, moreso Connolly. Honestly, it sounds... bad. Like, at least the Indominus had marketability. This sounds like the writers were sitting in a room saying, "So... it's an Indominus DNA infused Raptor... what are we gonna call it?

How about 'Indoraptor'?

F*ck, that's terrible. Got anything better?

Nope.

F*ck it, we're outta here in 30. Indoraptor it is."

Indominus rex translated into "Untameable king" This is... "introduce thief" ...? It's just... completely unmarketable It's not even catchy. Sounds like something they dug up in Indonesia. Archaeornithomimus rolls off the tongue better. Hell, even if they named it Mega Raptor, at least THAT would be catchy.

Back to top Go down
Six-Foot Turkey
Triceratops
Triceratops
Six-Foot Turkey

PostSubject: Re: Colin reveals the Indoraptor   Colin reveals the Indoraptor Icon_minitimeSun Jul 09, 2017 6:48 pm

Tyrant Lizard wrote:

CT-1138 wrote:
It's cringe without finesse, but that's kinda CT and Connolly's style, moreso Connolly. Honestly, it sounds... bad. Like, at least the Indominus had marketability. This sounds like the writers were sitting in a room saying, "So... it's an Indominus DNA infused Raptor... what are we gonna call it?

How about 'Indoraptor'?

Nope.

Indominus rex translated into "Untameable king" This is... "introduce thief" ...? It's just... completely unmarketable It's not even catchy. Sounds like something they dug up in Indonesia. Archaeornithomimus rolls off the tongue better. Hell, even if they named it Mega Raptor, at least THAT would be catchy.

They should just give it a human name like Calvin in Life to save the effort haha
Back to top Go down
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: Colin reveals the Indoraptor   Colin reveals the Indoraptor Icon_minitimeSun Jul 09, 2017 6:52 pm

Six-Foot Turkey wrote:
Tyrant Lizard wrote:

CT-1138 wrote:

How about 'Indoraptor'?

Nope.

They should just give it a human name like Calvin in Life to save the effort haha

Hey, that might actually give it a bit of implied backstory xD

As it stands, the name is crap imho. I was able to write it off when Frank Marshall slipped up, but now that the name has been trademarked....Eugh.

Honestly, I think virtually anything would work better. I'd honestly just prefer that they call it "the hybrid" or the Indominus again. While that might be lazy, Indoraptor hits me as lazy with a layer of stupidity thrown in for good measure.

Back to top Go down
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: Colin reveals the Indoraptor   Colin reveals the Indoraptor Icon_minitimeSun Jul 09, 2017 7:02 pm

They can call it whatever they want, I don't care as long as the hybrid is a creepy yet beautifull creature and it's concept is done right.

I hope Indoraptor is a codename to it.

Back to top Go down
dance2nite
Sorna Velociraptor
Sorna Velociraptor
dance2nite

PostSubject: Re: Colin reveals the Indoraptor   Colin reveals the Indoraptor Icon_minitimeSun Jul 09, 2017 7:40 pm

Looks beautiful, hope it stalks & hunts off people one by one instead of rampaging like the Indominus did, would make for some very suspenseful scenes, especially if it does so in Lockwood's dark manor.
Back to top Go down
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: Colin reveals the Indoraptor   Colin reveals the Indoraptor Icon_minitimeSun Jul 09, 2017 7:43 pm

dance2nite wrote:
Looks beautiful, hope it stalks & hunts off people one by one instead of rampaging like the Indominus did, would make for some very suspenseful scenes, especially if it does so in Lockwood's dark manor.
YEEEEEEEEEEP! This so much!  Cool

Back to top Go down
NolaJP
Compsognathus
Compsognathus
NolaJP

PostSubject: Re: Colin reveals the Indoraptor   Colin reveals the Indoraptor Icon_minitimeSun Jul 09, 2017 8:52 pm

Even if it is officially called the Indoraptor, i doubt the animal will be as pivotal to the story as Indominus was to JW. We probably won't even hear the term Indoraptor until the third Act at Lockwood manor. We will probably get the lagoon prologue/opening, then it will be well over an hour of rescue mission/sabotage before its revealed why they were at the lagoon in the first place.

My point is the name can be dumb and it won't be as bad as people are making it out to be because it likely isn't the main arc of the movie like the Indominus was in JW.
Back to top Go down
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: Colin reveals the Indoraptor   Colin reveals the Indoraptor Icon_minitimeSun Jul 09, 2017 8:54 pm

NolaJP wrote:
Even if it is officially called the Indoraptor, i doubt the animal will be as pivotal to the story as Indominus was to JW.  We probably won't even hear the term Indoraptor until the third Act at Lockwood manor.  We will probably get the lagoon prologue/opening, then it will be well over an hour of rescue mission/sabotage before its revealed why they were at the lagoon in the first place.

My point is the name can be dumb and it won't be as bad as people are making it out to be because it likely isn't the main arc of the movie like the Indominus was in JW.

Yeah I do think that the focus will be on the other animals at the manor, but that this will be like a "gotcha moment" where to fully solidify that Lockwood is a bad guy and yeah it will probably kill him.

Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: Colin reveals the Indoraptor   Colin reveals the Indoraptor Icon_minitimeSun Jul 09, 2017 9:42 pm

Tyrant Lizard wrote:

CT-1138 wrote:

How about 'Indoraptor'?

Nope.

It can't be Indoraptor.... they can't be that crazy can they? 

Hopefully this is just another Jurassic world Epoch or Drex situation like dead2009 said.
Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: Colin reveals the Indoraptor   Colin reveals the Indoraptor Icon_minitimeSun Jul 09, 2017 9:45 pm

I'm going to post this in both threads. Is it possible that what we are looking at could be JP's rendition of a carnotaurus? Sorry if that's a stupid question but we know they take artistic liberties with these dinosaurs. 

I'm no where near being an expert on how that animals mouth might look but isn't it a bit odd that they would actually have a picture of the animal front and center? Obviously the GA wouldn't pick up on it but maybe they just don't care?

I'm sure I'm prob wrong but it's a question I had because isn't it supposed to be in this film?
Back to top Go down
DinoMike
Embryo
Embryo
DinoMike

PostSubject: Re: Colin reveals the Indoraptor   Colin reveals the Indoraptor Icon_minitimeMon Jul 10, 2017 4:40 am

Troyal1 wrote:
I'm going to post this in both threads. Is it possible that what we are looking at could be JP's rendition of a carnotaurus? Sorry if that's a stupid question but we know they take artistic liberties with these dinosaurs. 

That's not a Carnotaurus mouth Smile The shape is wrong (too wide), and Carnotaurus has smallish, regular, not-fudged-up-looking teeth.

Colin reveals the Indoraptor 170px-Carnotaurus_Skull

*crawls back into palaeontology geek lurker hole*
Back to top Go down
Bbrink1996
Hatchling
Hatchling
Bbrink1996

PostSubject: Re: Colin reveals the Indoraptor   Colin reveals the Indoraptor Icon_minitimeMon Jul 10, 2017 6:46 am

I'm out of the loop, can someone explain where the Indoraptor suddenly came from and how you're so sure that the animal in the picture is this Indoraptor?
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Colin reveals the Indoraptor   Colin reveals the Indoraptor Icon_minitimeMon Jul 10, 2017 7:01 am

Tyrant Lizard wrote:
Six-Foot Turkey wrote:
Tyrant Lizard wrote:

CT-1138 wrote:

How about 'Indoraptor'?

Nope.

Hey, that might actually give it a bit of implied backstory xD

As it stands, the name is crap imho. I was able to write it off when Frank Marshall slipped up, but now that the name has been trademarked....Eugh.

Honestly, I think virtually anything would work better. I'd honestly just prefer that they call it "the hybrid" or the Indominus again. While that might be lazy, Indoraptor hits me as lazy with a layer of stupidity thrown in for good measure.

Indoraptor really does sound like a bad name. Indominus Rex was a cool name with some creativity behind it. This just feels like a cheap knock-off. Hopefully, the actual hybrid doesn't come across as such. If it does, then it might put the chances of any future hybrids in JP6/JW3 in jeopardy.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

If you're concerned about where this franchise is headed, then please join us.
Back to top Go down
DinoMike
Embryo
Embryo
DinoMike

PostSubject: Re: Colin reveals the Indoraptor   Colin reveals the Indoraptor Icon_minitimeMon Jul 10, 2017 8:11 am

Rhedosaurus wrote:
Indoraptor really does sound like a bad name. Indominus Rex was a cool name with some creativity behind it. This just feels like a cheap knock-off. Hopefully, the actual hybrid doesn't come across as such. If it does, then it might put the chances of any future hybrids in JP6/JW3 in jeopardy.

You never know, maybe it'll never actually get named in the film. Kinda like how nobody ever actually says "Xenomorph" in the Alien movies.
Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: Colin reveals the Indoraptor   Colin reveals the Indoraptor Icon_minitimeMon Jul 10, 2017 9:38 am

Bbrink1996 wrote:
I'm out of the loop, can someone explain where the Indoraptor suddenly came from and how you're so sure that the animal in the picture is this Indoraptor?

One of the producers dropped that name on Twitter recently.

Back to top Go down
Minmi
Ceratosaurus
Ceratosaurus
Minmi

PostSubject: Re: Colin reveals the Indoraptor   Colin reveals the Indoraptor Icon_minitimeThu Nov 23, 2017 4:13 am

The one thing I didn't like about 'Jurassic World' was the inclusion of a hybrid dinosaur that never existed in real life. Why have they suddenly started doing this and is it really necessary? There are plenty of fascinating real-life dinosaurs to choose from so I don't think there's really any need for a fake dinosaur to be invented.

Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: Colin reveals the Indoraptor   Colin reveals the Indoraptor Icon_minitimeThu Nov 23, 2017 5:06 am

Minmi wrote:
The one thing I didn't like about 'Jurassic World' was the inclusion of a hybrid dinosaur that never existed in real life. Why have they suddenly started doing this and is it really necessary? There are plenty of fascinating real-life dinosaurs to choose from so I don't think there's really any need for a fake dinosaur to be invented.

I know this is still a contentious topic, and I don't expect every JP fan to like the same thing, but the truth of the matter is that hybrid dinosaurs have been present since the first film. They've just assumed the appearance of real life dinosaurs. They say right from the start that the DNA of amphibians to fill in the genome sequence gaps. Some are more accurate looking than others, like the Brachiosaurus, Triceratops, T. rex and Parasaurolophus, and some are very different from them, such as the Velociraptors being much larger than their real life counterparts and featherless, featherless Compsognathus, Spinosaurus as a dumb rampaging terrestrial monster, and Dilophosaurus - one of the most loved dinosaurs in the franchise, and the real animal had neither a frill nor venom spitting capabilities.

You are right, there are plenty of amazing large theropods that would benefit from the spotlight, but just as JP3 overplayed the aggression of the Spinosaurus to the point that it was a run of the mill monster just there to up the ante by killing the T. rex, so too could a real theropod become mishandled in such a way resulting in backlash. The Indominus, by comparison, is the result of a company that has grown arrogant in its success, and the fact that it is much more of an abomination of science than the worst Raptor, Spinosaur or T. rex made its nastiness in-universe fairly believable.

Colin reveals the Indoraptor Dinosa12
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Colin reveals the Indoraptor   Colin reveals the Indoraptor Icon_minitimeThu Nov 23, 2017 5:04 pm

BarrytheOnyx wrote:
Minmi wrote:

I know this is still a contentious topic, and I don't expect every JP fan to like the same thing, but the truth of the matter is that hybrid dinosaurs have been present since the first film. They've just assumed the appearance of real life dinosaurs. They say right from the start that the DNA of amphibians to fill in the genome sequence gaps. Some are more accurate looking than others, like the Brachiosaurus, Triceratops, T. rex and Parasaurolophus, and some are very different from them, such as the Velociraptors being much larger than their real life counterparts and featherless, featherless Compsognathus, Spinosaurus as a dumb rampaging terrestrial monster, and Dilophosaurus - one of the most loved dinosaurs in the franchise, and the real animal had neither a frill nor venom spitting capabilities.

You are right, there are plenty of amazing large theropods that would benefit from the spotlight, but just as JP3 overplayed the aggression of the Spinosaurus to the point that it was a run of the mill monster just there to up the ante by killing the T. rex, so too could a real theropod become mishandled in such a way resulting in backlash. The Indominus, by comparison, is the result of a company that has grown arrogant in its success, and the fact that it is much more of an abomination of science than the worst Raptor, Spinosaur or T. rex made its nastiness in-universe fairly believable.

And even then, when you consider the factors into what made the JP3 Spino into the movie: The actual animals bones being very limited (the original one being bombed in WW2 not helping things) and it being based on the VERY partial remains of two smaller relatives, Baryonyx and Suchomimus, the possiblity that Suchomimus was really a larger African version of Baryonyx, and Horner's anti-T. rex bias, one could argue that the JP3 Spino was based on just as much 'bad science' like many people consider I. rex was. The main difference was that I. rex was actually fictional where as the JP3 Spino was based on too much guesswork/speculation to be accurate at all.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

Back to top Go down
Minmi
Ceratosaurus
Ceratosaurus
Minmi

PostSubject: Re: Colin reveals the Indoraptor   Colin reveals the Indoraptor Icon_minitimeFri Nov 24, 2017 1:40 am

Whilst the genome sequence gaps in the DNA of the other dinosaurs were filled in with the DNA of amphibians, it's clear that the gaps in the DNA of the Indominus were filled in the DNA of a number of different animals including molluscs, amphibians and other dinosaurs. The people who created her didn't know what she was capable of until they were having to deal with a major situation.

What I'm getting at is that the Indominus and the Indoraptor are completely fictional where as all the other featured animals were real and we have the fossil evidence to prove their existence. Ok, some of the dinosaurs looked different to their real-life counterparts, but we still know that species of dinosaur really existed. Where's the point in creating an entirely fictional animal when there are so many real-life ones that could be used?

Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: W   Colin reveals the Indoraptor Icon_minitimeFri Nov 24, 2017 2:17 am

Minmi wrote:
Whilst the genome sequence gaps in the DNA of the other dinosaurs were filled in with the DNA of amphibians, it's clear that the gaps in the DNA of the Indominus were filled in the DNA of a number of different animals including molluscs, amphibians and other dinosaurs. The people who created her didn't know what she was capable of until they were having to deal with a major situation.

What I'm getting at is that the Indominus and the Indoraptor are completely fictional where as all the other featured animals were real and we have the fossil evidence to prove their existence. Ok, some of the dinosaurs looked different to their real-life counterparts, but we still know that species of dinosaur really existed. Where's the point in creating an entirely fictional animal when there are so many real-life ones that could be used?

Because the film makers needed a monster that was hyper aggressive for the sake of it making sense.

“The people who created her didn't know what she was capable of until they were having to deal with a major situation.”

I disagree. I view creating her as a dry run for using a smaller one as a weapon. They wanted to see how dangerous the animal could be and what it would potentially look like. All the while providing a new attraction to guests.

They want an animal that is the size of a raptor, tougher with even more attributes and will kill anything in it’s path disregarding hunger. I don’t know of a real Dino that would fit that description.
Back to top Go down
LostWorld
Hatchling
Hatchling
LostWorld

PostSubject: Re: Colin reveals the Indoraptor   Colin reveals the Indoraptor Icon_minitimeSun Dec 03, 2017 10:13 am

I don't really have much an opinion on another hybrid creature being added to the franchise (ok, I do actually), but this quote caught my eye:

Minmi wrote:

This sums up my stance on the "hybrid" stuff spot on. More cameos featuring some real-life recorded species that haven't been shown in the films yet is what I'd like. I need Styracosaurus and Carnotaurus to be film canoooooon (and several others). What the heck is this "Stegoceratops" that I keep seeing around the net? That's just silly. Ugh.

Well said, Minmi.
Back to top Go down
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: Colin reveals the Indoraptor   Colin reveals the Indoraptor Icon_minitimeSun Dec 03, 2017 10:19 am

LostWorld wrote:
What the heck is this "Stegoceratops" that I keep seeing around the net? That's just silly. Ugh.

Couldn't agree more Laughing

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Colin reveals the Indoraptor   Colin reveals the Indoraptor Icon_minitimeSun Dec 03, 2017 12:09 pm

To be honest, unless they ret-con the JP3 Spino as a T. rex/Spino hybrid in this movie or the next one, then I honestly think that this will be the last 'super hybrid' that most fans and the GA will accept in the franchise.

Back to top Go down
V.a.nublarensis
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
V.a.nublarensis

PostSubject: Re: Colin reveals the Indoraptor   Colin reveals the Indoraptor Icon_minitimeMon Dec 04, 2017 5:31 am

Rhedosaurus wrote:
To be honest, unless they ret-con the JP3 Spino as a T. rex/Spino hybrid in this movie or the next one, then I honestly think that this will be the last 'super hybrid' that most fans and the GA will accept in the franchise.
I don't think the GA will remember the JP3 Spino enough for them to care.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Colin reveals the Indoraptor   Colin reveals the Indoraptor Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Colin reveals the Indoraptor
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next