Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

Things in the Jurassic Park movie franchise you'd like to see ret-conned/explained.

Go down 
+15
markymint
Herrerasaurus
TheRexMan22
Levine
brunofernando
K_Ozz92
IllOrfanato
Troyal1
FoxHound4690
JPGrid06
Six-Foot Turkey
CT-1138
TyrannoFan
Tyrant Lizard
Rhedosaurus
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

Things in the Jurassic Park movie franchise you'd like to see ret-conned/explained. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Things in the Jurassic Park movie franchise you'd like to see ret-conned/explained.   Things in the Jurassic Park movie franchise you'd like to see ret-conned/explained. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 22, 2017 7:32 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:

On of the guys who managed that practical effects said that the JP3 raptors were evolved versions, but nobody knows if that's truly canon or not. I'd love for them to be explained as a new version, myself.

Eh. If the guy that said that is saying that the raptors evolved to look drastically different in just 4 years, then that's pretty dumb imho.

I can buy it a little more if he's saying that they bred a more evolved version and held off on shipping them to Nublar.

Things in the Jurassic Park movie franchise you'd like to see ret-conned/explained. - Page 2 Jpbann10
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

Things in the Jurassic Park movie franchise you'd like to see ret-conned/explained. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Things in the Jurassic Park movie franchise you'd like to see ret-conned/explained.   Things in the Jurassic Park movie franchise you'd like to see ret-conned/explained. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 22, 2017 7:46 pm

Tyrant Lizard wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:

On of the guys who managed that practical effects said that the JP3 raptors were evolved versions, but nobody knows if that's truly canon or not. I'd love for them to be explained as a new version, myself.

Eh. If the guy that said that is saying that the raptors evolved to look drastically different in just 4 years, then that's pretty dumb imho.

I can buy it a little more if he's saying that they bred a more evolved version and held off on shipping them to Nublar.

I'd like to see how a JP3 Sorna raptor looks nowadays. I really liked their designs and how you can tell apart the males from the females. Maybe make the males semi-feathered and have the females with some down on their backs and arms.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

If you're concerned about where this franchise is headed, then please join us.
Back to top Go down
Levine
Veteran
Veteran
Levine

PostSubject: Re: Things in the Jurassic Park movie franchise you'd like to see ret-conned/explained.   Things in the Jurassic Park movie franchise you'd like to see ret-conned/explained. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 23, 2017 9:49 pm

Officially say that Raptors killed the crew on the SS Venture, the T. rex woke up upon smelling them, chased them off the boat where they drowned.
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Things in the Jurassic Park movie franchise you'd like to see ret-conned/explained.   Things in the Jurassic Park movie franchise you'd like to see ret-conned/explained. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 24, 2017 7:10 pm

I know that is going to slightly stretch the point of this post, but it's something that should be explained further. I'd like to see more differences between male/bull Triceratops and those of females. I know that male Trikes have white stripes, but that's not much for me. I'd like to see the male be larger then the females and have larger horns and frill as well.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

Back to top Go down
TheRexMan22
Veteran
Veteran
TheRexMan22

PostSubject: Re: Things in the Jurassic Park movie franchise you'd like to see ret-conned/explained.   Things in the Jurassic Park movie franchise you'd like to see ret-conned/explained. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 26, 2017 12:06 am

I want to know what the heck happened to the crew of the SS Venture. We have two movies in this franchise in which a boat crew gets annihilated with no clear explanation of how. Someone explain this! D:

[color=#33ccff]
Back to top Go down
Herrerasaurus
Ankylosaurus
Ankylosaurus
Herrerasaurus

PostSubject: Re: Things in the Jurassic Park movie franchise you'd like to see ret-conned/explained.   Things in the Jurassic Park movie franchise you'd like to see ret-conned/explained. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 26, 2017 1:02 am

TheRexMan22 wrote:
I want to know what the heck happened to the crew of the SS Venture. We have two movies in this franchise in which a boat crew gets annihilated with no clear explanation of how. Someone explain this! D:
my head canon for the lost world is that pteranodons paid the crew a visit and went back to the island. As for the jp3, i was always under the impression that the spino took a dip and attacked the boat
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Things in the Jurassic Park movie franchise you'd like to see ret-conned/explained.   Things in the Jurassic Park movie franchise you'd like to see ret-conned/explained. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 26, 2017 2:47 pm

Herrerasaurus wrote:
TheRexMan22 wrote:
my head canon for the lost world is that pteranodons paid the crew a visit and went back to the island. As for the jp3, i was always under the impression that the spino took a dip and attacked the boat

The official explanation is that the Bull T. rex killed the crew. As for JP3, their really is no explanation, but most do blame that on one the JP3 Spino, which makes sense considering how it was portrayed as semi-aquatic, and is the only thing about it that still holds up.

Back to top Go down
markymint
Embryo
Embryo
markymint

PostSubject: Re: Things in the Jurassic Park movie franchise you'd like to see ret-conned/explained.   Things in the Jurassic Park movie franchise you'd like to see ret-conned/explained. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 15, 2018 2:26 am

Hey, sorry to drag this up with a not very on topic question, but I was wondering if someone knew how they did the San Diego ampi-theatre shot in the Lost World? Was it a miniature or a set constructed for, well, not much more than a 5 second shot. The only other shots being a generic entrance barrier and then a small sound stage looking interior, but kudos to the fact I can't tell if I'm seeing a miniature or a real shot of the ampitheatre overview. I'm assuming it's a miniature because other info suggests the Worker Village was perhaps the biggest set. Also Ludlow is seen with an actual miniature/architectural model. Someone with deep knowledge may even know the fate of this architectural model used in the film? Struggled to find info on this at this point, but I'm sure it's out there somewhere.

Many thanks!
Back to top Go down
TheRexMan22
Veteran
Veteran
TheRexMan22

PostSubject: Re: Things in the Jurassic Park movie franchise you'd like to see ret-conned/explained.   Things in the Jurassic Park movie franchise you'd like to see ret-conned/explained. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 15, 2018 1:39 pm

I wanna know what happened to the Barbosol can. Well, I guess they explain that in JP: The Game, but I've never really considered that canon personally, I'd like a in-movie explanation...

[color=#33ccff]
Back to top Go down
CT-1138
Jurassic Mainframe News Team
Jurassic Mainframe News Team
CT-1138

PostSubject: Re: Things in the Jurassic Park movie franchise you'd like to see ret-conned/explained.   Things in the Jurassic Park movie franchise you'd like to see ret-conned/explained. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 15, 2018 2:38 pm

markymint wrote:
Hey, sorry to drag this up with a not very on topic question, but I was wondering if someone knew how they did the San Diego ampi-theatre shot in the Lost World? Was it a miniature or a set constructed for, well, not much more than a 5 second shot. The only other shots being a generic entrance barrier and then a small sound stage looking interior, but kudos to the fact I can't tell if I'm seeing a miniature or a real shot of the ampitheatre overview. I'm assuming it's a miniature because other info suggests the Worker Village was perhaps the biggest set. Also Ludlow is seen with an actual miniature/architectural model. Someone with deep knowledge may even know the fate of this architectural model used in the film? Struggled to find info on this at this point, but I'm sure it's out there somewhere.

Many thanks!
The shots of the car driving through the park were done with an R/C car on a large miniature set:
Things in the Jurassic Park movie franchise you'd like to see ret-conned/explained. - Page 2 A9ZLNNE

The shot of the car pulling into the bay with the cages, and the bay itself, was done on a soundstage,

http://abekowalski.deviantart.com/
markymint
Embryo
Embryo
markymint

PostSubject: Re: Things in the Jurassic Park movie franchise you'd like to see ret-conned/explained.   Things in the Jurassic Park movie franchise you'd like to see ret-conned/explained. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 19, 2018 3:58 am

CT - super cool, thank you! They really achieved a money-shot with that thing.
Back to top Go down
#TRexSpinorematch
Nublar Velociraptor
Nublar Velociraptor
#TRexSpinorematch

PostSubject: Re: Things in the Jurassic Park movie franchise you'd like to see ret-conned/explained.   Things in the Jurassic Park movie franchise you'd like to see ret-conned/explained. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 07, 2018 4:53 pm

Given how much they have flip flopped making up as the go along with trying to retcon the Spinosaurus I now do not want Universal trying to retcon anything else. I mean take a look at the history:

First in 2015 the Masrani Website tells us that Spinosaurus is among the Species in Jurassic World.

Then the Jurassic World script says the skeleton Rexy smashes is a fake Spino skeleton.

Then in 2017 the Jurassic World Instagram account tells us that the Spinosaurus skeleton that Rexy smashes in Jurassic World is indeed the Spinosaurus from Jurassic Park 3 (Even though it has a very different crest).

Then that tie in website says Dr. Wu left an experiment on Sorna but never mentions anything by name, this has led some to somewhat believe it is the Jurassic Park 3 Spinosaurus (But if so, why not name ot straight up?).

And now in 2018 another website implies that the Spinosaurus species is about to be extinct on Nublar while not mentioning anything about the population on Sorna...

They have flip flopped so much it is clear Universal is just telling different people to make stuff up as they go along and the result is a very ambiguous and unclear canon that makes no sense and has way too many holes in it.

So by the looks of it, whomever is making up the canon in Universal, does not seem to know as much as hardcore fans do. That plus everything they do does scream that they buy into the myth that nobody cares for The Lost World and Jurassic Park 3. So no more retcons for me with that mindset.

https://www.facebook.com/Petition-to-have-a-T-Rex-Spinosaurus-rematch-in-Jurassic-World-2-194141920665797/
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Things in the Jurassic Park movie franchise you'd like to see ret-conned/explained.   Things in the Jurassic Park movie franchise you'd like to see ret-conned/explained. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 07, 2018 6:33 pm

#TRexSpinorematch wrote:
Given how much they have flip flopped making up as the go along with trying to retcon the Spinosaurus I now do not want Universal trying to retcon anything else. I mean take a look at the history:

First in 2015 the Masrani Website tells us that Spinosaurus is among the Species in Jurassic World.

Then the Jurassic World script says the skeleton Rexy smashes is a fake Spino skeleton.

Then in 2017 the Jurassic World Instagram account tells us that the Spinosaurus skeleton that Rexy smashes in Jurassic World is indeed the Spinosaurus from Jurassic Park 3 (Even though it has a very different crest).

Then that tie in website says Dr. Wu left an experiment on Sorna but never mentions anything by name, this has led some to somewhat believe it is the Jurassic Park 3 Spinosaurus (But if so, why not name ot straight up?).

And now in 2018 another website implies that the Spinosaurus species is about to be extinct on Nublar while not mentioning anything about the population on Sorna...

They have flip flopped so much it is clear Universal is just telling different people to make stuff up as they go along and the result is a very ambiguous and unclear canon that makes no sense and has way too many holes in it.

So by the looks of it, whomever is making up the canon in Universal, does not seem to know as much as hardcore fans do. That plus everything they do does scream that they buy into the myth that nobody cares for The Lost World and Jurassic Park 3. So no more retcons for me with that mindset.

I still wish that the JP3 Spino was ret-conned as a T. rex/Spino hybrid, the first super hybrid. Not only would it have been the 'prototype' for the super-hybrids in this trilogy, but it would open the door for 'modern'/'true' Spinosaurus's as well. I think that fans would really like to see the new Spinosaurus appear.

Back to top Go down
Six-Foot Turkey
Triceratops
Triceratops
Six-Foot Turkey

PostSubject: Re: Things in the Jurassic Park movie franchise you'd like to see ret-conned/explained.   Things in the Jurassic Park movie franchise you'd like to see ret-conned/explained. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 07, 2018 6:36 pm

At some point, Colin Trevorrow is gonna personally walk on screen in the middle of Jurassic world Fallen Kingdom and sincerely confirm that The Lost World and Jurassic Park 3 are canon just so people will stop theorizing hahaha
Back to top Go down
Six-Foot Turkey
Triceratops
Triceratops
Six-Foot Turkey

PostSubject: Re: Things in the Jurassic Park movie franchise you'd like to see ret-conned/explained.   Things in the Jurassic Park movie franchise you'd like to see ret-conned/explained. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 07, 2018 6:43 pm

TheRexMan22 wrote:
I wanna know what happened to the Barbosol can. Well, I guess they explain that in JP: The Game, but I've never really considered that canon personally, I'd like a in-movie explanation...

It got covered in mud and was never found again probably
Back to top Go down
#TRexSpinorematch
Nublar Velociraptor
Nublar Velociraptor
#TRexSpinorematch

PostSubject: Re: Things in the Jurassic Park movie franchise you'd like to see ret-conned/explained.   Things in the Jurassic Park movie franchise you'd like to see ret-conned/explained. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 07, 2018 8:59 pm

I have no doubts that Universal still considers TLW and JP3 canon.

They just don't care for them, or think that the fans don't care for them and that's why they avoid at all cost mentioning them or making a reference about them in the marketing of Jurassic World and Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom.

Similar to when Disney was making Star Wars Episode 7 and they avoided at all cost mentioning or making any reference to the prequels because they thought everybody hated them (even though they actually have a huge fanbase).

But back to the retcons... If they do a retcon of the JP3 Spino as a hybrid between 2 or more other dinosaur species...That kind of takes away from when Jurassic World makes it clear that the Indominus was the first hybrid between 2 or more dinosaur species.
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Things in the Jurassic Park movie franchise you'd like to see ret-conned/explained.   Things in the Jurassic Park movie franchise you'd like to see ret-conned/explained. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 08, 2018 7:12 am

#TRexSpinorematch wrote:
I have no doubts that Universal still considers TLW and JP3 canon.

They just don't care for them, or think that the fans don't care for them and that's why they avoid at all cost mentioning them or making a reference about them in the marketing of Jurassic World and Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom.

Similar to when Disney was making Star Wars Episode 7 and they avoided at all cost mentioning or making any reference to the prequels because they thought everybody hated them (even though they actually have a huge fanbase).

But back to the retcons... If they do a retcon of the JP3 Spino as a hybrid between 2 or more other dinosaur species...That kind of takes away from when Jurassic World makes it clear that the Indominus was the first hybrid between 2 or more dinosaur species.

They can always say that Wu was lying to his boss and that only he, and maybe Hoskins, knew and kept it to themselves. After all, they did hide the fact that I. rex was really made to be a biological weapon for the military.

Back to top Go down
TyrannosaurTJ
Gallimimus
Gallimimus
TyrannosaurTJ

PostSubject: Re: Things in the Jurassic Park movie franchise you'd like to see ret-conned/explained.   Things in the Jurassic Park movie franchise you'd like to see ret-conned/explained. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 08, 2018 8:03 am

I think one thing I want to see acknowledged or at least revisited is the Parasaurolophus seen in the original JP so we can get a better look at them and even the TLW Pteranodons so we can see what their status is at this point. Something along those lines though and heck, maybe even the JP/TLW Raptors beside the JP3 Raptors in a territory dispute, a fight, or something that shows their level of interaction at least.

"So you walk eternally through the shadow realms, standing against evil where all others falter. May your thirst for retribution never quench, may the blood on your sword never dry, and may we never need you again." - Corrax Entry 7:17
Back to top Go down
http://www.jurassic-pedia.com/
SmugTheFab
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
SmugTheFab

Location : In my den, rubbing my hands together and laughing maniacally.

PostSubject: Re: Things in the Jurassic Park movie franchise you'd like to see ret-conned/explained.   Things in the Jurassic Park movie franchise you'd like to see ret-conned/explained. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 08, 2018 4:12 pm

TyrannosaurTJ wrote:
I think one thing I want to see acknowledged or at least revisited is the Parasaurolophus seen in the original JP so we can get a better look at them and even the TLW Pteranodons so we can see what their status is at this point. Something along those lines though and heck, maybe even the JP/TLW Raptors beside the JP3 Raptors in a territory dispute, a fight, or something that shows their level of interaction at least.

I always thought it would be cool to have JP3 raptors, TLW raptors, and the original film raptors all in cages in Lockwood's manor to be auctioned off. And then escape during the climax and have the best duel in Jurassic Park history. Twisted Evil

Back to top Go down
Gondrasia
Compsognathus
Compsognathus
Gondrasia

PostSubject: Re: Things in the Jurassic Park movie franchise you'd like to see ret-conned/explained.   Things in the Jurassic Park movie franchise you'd like to see ret-conned/explained. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 19, 2018 11:39 am

With the Dinosaur Protection Group recently confirming the size of Isla Nublar to be 30 square miles, I would like to know for both Jurassic Park and Jurassic World how much of the land was reserved for the animals? How much of it was reserved for the resort? How much was reserved for behind the scenes? How much was reserved for potential expansions to the parks for new attractions such as Treetop Gazers?
Back to top Go down
TyrannosaurTJ
Gallimimus
Gallimimus
TyrannosaurTJ

PostSubject: Re: Things in the Jurassic Park movie franchise you'd like to see ret-conned/explained.   Things in the Jurassic Park movie franchise you'd like to see ret-conned/explained. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 20, 2018 3:09 pm

SmugTheFab wrote:
TyrannosaurTJ wrote:

I always thought it would be cool to have JP3 raptors, TLW raptors, and the original film raptors all in cages in Lockwood's manor to be auctioned off. And then escape during the climax and have the best duel in Jurassic Park history. Twisted Evil

JP and TLW Raptors are the same thing. One is male, the other is female. Pretty much the lighter colors are males and the darker are the females.

"So you walk eternally through the shadow realms, standing against evil where all others falter. May your thirst for retribution never quench, may the blood on your sword never dry, and may we never need you again." - Corrax Entry 7:17
Back to top Go down
http://www.jurassic-pedia.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Things in the Jurassic Park movie franchise you'd like to see ret-conned/explained.   Things in the Jurassic Park movie franchise you'd like to see ret-conned/explained. - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Things in the Jurassic Park movie franchise you'd like to see ret-conned/explained.
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2