Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

"Dinosaur Protection Group" Twitter/website is online!

Go down 
+14
JP_Korea
V.a.nublarensis
CommanderKeller
Gondrasia
Tyrant Lizard
Pokesaurus
Troyal1
TRK/TrexKing
Rhedosaurus
FayhdrianColonist
Sickle_Claw
SmugTheFab
Dead2009
Levine
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Levine
Veteran
Veteran
Levine

"Dinosaur Protection Group" Twitter/website is online! Empty
PostSubject: "Dinosaur Protection Group" Twitter/website is online!   "Dinosaur Protection Group" Twitter/website is online! Icon_minitimeFri Dec 08, 2017 10:40 am

http://www.dinosaurprotectiongroup.com/success.html
Twitter! @DinoProtectGrp

Looks like Claire's been busy since the World collapsed. What do y'all think?
Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: "Dinosaur Protection Group" Twitter/website is online!   "Dinosaur Protection Group" Twitter/website is online! Icon_minitimeFri Dec 08, 2017 10:42 am

That marketing though.

Back to top Go down
SmugTheFab
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
SmugTheFab

Location : In my den, rubbing my hands together and laughing maniacally.

PostSubject: Re: "Dinosaur Protection Group" Twitter/website is online!   "Dinosaur Protection Group" Twitter/website is online! Icon_minitimeFri Dec 08, 2017 12:18 pm

I was hoping they would do something like this again. Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: "Dinosaur Protection Group" Twitter/website is online!   "Dinosaur Protection Group" Twitter/website is online! Icon_minitimeFri Dec 08, 2017 12:22 pm

Pretty interesting, I wonder if they will have biographies of Justice and Daniella's characters so we can learn more about them

Compsognathus
Compsognathus
FayhdrianColonist

PostSubject: Re: "Dinosaur Protection Group" Twitter/website is online!   "Dinosaur Protection Group" Twitter/website is online! Icon_minitimeFri Dec 08, 2017 12:56 pm

I'm excited. I loved the nearly fully functioning website for Jurassic World. It truly made Jurassic World feel like a real place. Is there anything to the Dinosaur Protection Group site yet, or is it still bare bones?

access main security grid access: PERMISSION DENIED....and...:
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: "Dinosaur Protection Group" Twitter/website is online!   "Dinosaur Protection Group" Twitter/website is online! Icon_minitimeFri Dec 08, 2017 5:27 pm

FayhdrianColonist wrote:
I'm excited. I loved the nearly fully functioning website for Jurassic World. It truly made Jurassic World feel like a real place. Is there anything to the Dinosaur Protection Group site yet, or is it still bare bones?

Do we consider this canon or not? Because the moment that Universal said that one Spino skeleton Rexy destroyed was that of the JP3 Spino, many people who considered it canon, or at least semi-canon, changed their minds really quick. Ty was one of them. I even asked him on the one JP Facebook group and he was thinking about it and once I mentioned it on this group, he essentially said that he considered it non-canon.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

If you're concerned about where this franchise is headed, then please join us.
Back to top Go down
TRK/TrexKing
Administrator
Administrator
TRK/TrexKing

PostSubject: Re: "Dinosaur Protection Group" Twitter/website is online!   "Dinosaur Protection Group" Twitter/website is online! Icon_minitimeFri Dec 08, 2017 5:37 pm

I would consider it canon. It is made by Universal.

Same goes for the whole Spino Skeleton debacle. It was on official media. It's technically canon.

I love the DPG Logo.

Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: "Dinosaur Protection Group" Twitter/website is online!   "Dinosaur Protection Group" Twitter/website is online! Icon_minitimeFri Dec 08, 2017 5:43 pm

TRK wrote:
I would consider it canon. It is made by Universal.

Same goes for the whole Spino Skeleton debacle. It was on official media. It's technically canon.

I love the DPG Logo.

Except that there are A TON of diffenrences between the JP3 Spino and the JW Spino skeleton. And JP:TG was barely canon and JW messed up a lot of things to the point where few consider it semi-canon.

I hate to say it, but if this is how Universal ensures that the Sorna movies are canon. Count me out. Not unless they made an animated TV show or finally explain all the gaps in this movie and the next one.

In other words, if Universal half-hardheartedly says something is canon, and if there is a TON of hard evidence that says otherwise and the fanbase doesn't beleive it, is it really canon? I, and most fans here, say No.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: "Dinosaur Protection Group" Twitter/website is online!   "Dinosaur Protection Group" Twitter/website is online! Icon_minitimeFri Dec 08, 2017 5:46 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:
FayhdrianColonist wrote:

Do we consider this canon or not? Because the moment that Universal said that one Spino skeleton Rexy destroyed was that of the JP3 Spino, many people who considered it canon, or at least semi-canon, changed their minds really quick. Ty was one of them. I even asked him on the one JP Facebook group and he was thinking about it and once I mentioned it on this group, he essentially said that he considered it non-canon.

It’ll depend solely on how it’s handled. Unless there’s an explanation for how all these new animals got on Nublar then I take everything with a grain of salt from the websites.
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: "Dinosaur Protection Group" Twitter/website is online!   "Dinosaur Protection Group" Twitter/website is online! Icon_minitimeFri Dec 08, 2017 5:54 pm

Troyal1 wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:
FayhdrianColonist wrote:

It’ll depend solely on how it’s handled. Unless there’s an explanation for how all these new animals got on Nublar then I take everything with a grain of salt from the websites.

As I said before, the 'JW Spino skeleton is the JP3 Spino' really wrecked the trust of online site being a viable canon source. It's going to take an animated TV show to fill in the gaps like Star Wars:Rebels has/is still doing with the prequels and the OT.

While, I'm still hyped for this movie, I honestly think we would have been better off getting a movie that took place between JP3 and JW.

Back to top Go down
Pokesaurus
Site Founder/Owner
Site Founder/Owner
Pokesaurus

PostSubject: Re: "Dinosaur Protection Group" Twitter/website is online!   "Dinosaur Protection Group" Twitter/website is online! Icon_minitimeSun Dec 10, 2017 6:47 pm

It's nice to see the viral marketing start back up again. The Jurassic World website was pretty awesome, so I'm excited to see what info we'll get here.

"Creation, is an act of sheer will. Next time it'll be flawless"~ John Hammond, Founder/CEO of InGen
"Don't forget, a believing heart is your magic!"~ Shiny Chariot
Check out our Discord for the most up to date and active discussion!
Back to top Go down
http://jurassicmainframe.com
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: "Dinosaur Protection Group" Twitter/website is online!   "Dinosaur Protection Group" Twitter/website is online! Icon_minitimeMon Dec 11, 2017 11:36 am

Indeed. I imagine we'll be getting email updates on the inner workings of Dinosaur Protection Group (or as I call it, the DPG). Hopefully they're quite expansive.

"Dinosaur Protection Group" Twitter/website is online! Jpbann10
Back to top Go down
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: "Dinosaur Protection Group" Twitter/website is online!   "Dinosaur Protection Group" Twitter/website is online! Icon_minitimeMon Dec 11, 2017 5:00 pm

Tyrant Lizard wrote:
Indeed. I imagine we'll be getting email updates on the inner workings of Dinosaur Protection Group (or as I call it, the DPG). Hopefully they're quite expansive.
Thinking the email updates will start next month or february.

Compsognathus
Compsognathus
Gondrasia

PostSubject: Re: "Dinosaur Protection Group" Twitter/website is online!   "Dinosaur Protection Group" Twitter/website is online! Icon_minitimeThu Dec 21, 2017 12:10 pm

I just received the first email update from the Dinosaur Protection Group. Here is the message:
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
CommanderKeller
Embryo
Embryo
CommanderKeller

PostSubject: Re: "Dinosaur Protection Group" Twitter/website is online!   "Dinosaur Protection Group" Twitter/website is online! Icon_minitimeMon Dec 25, 2017 1:31 am

It seems that the viral campaign has begun, not only with the DPG's website but also a couple of twitter accounts, one from Owen and another from Claire, I'm not 100% sure that they are part of the campaign but they are saying interesting things:

-When Owen was hired in 2012, Ingen kept a raptor from the first park, they called him ''Abuela''(Grandma in spanish) and he died at the age of 19.

-The only surviving dinosaur from the first park was Rexy (apart from Abuela), the rest died due to illness, accidents and old age.

-Not all dinosaurs on property in JW were advertised or on display, but they were engineered. Many projects and attractions were in the works(this explains the absence of Carnotaurus,Allosaurus etc from the park website).

-Jurassic World had like any zoo, plenty of backstage areas. Not only for lab research, but veterinary services, training centers, quarantine facilities, etc. The indominus is just one example of how they monitored and prepared a new attraction.

-The guest experience took up only a small percentage of the island.

-The order of the rescue depends on many factors, such as dinosaur type, location, size, danger level, and volcano proximity. All of these factors are being considered when designing the rescue plan, which is in development now.

-Only one Spinosaurus cloned by InGen, an unauthorized cloning. Masrani had those DNA samples destroyed before Jurassic World opened.

-Main street skeleton is just a recreation to pay respect to the events that happened many years ago. Not the ''real'' one.

https://www.instagram.com/jurassicpark_raptors/
Back to top Go down
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: "Dinosaur Protection Group" Twitter/website is online!   "Dinosaur Protection Group" Twitter/website is online! Icon_minitimeMon Dec 25, 2017 2:00 am

I'm like 99.9 percent sure the accounts are not official. Razz d

Its a fan project that recently got resurrected. Its pretty cute though, but just consider it like Rping.

Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
V.a.nublarensis

PostSubject: Re: "Dinosaur Protection Group" Twitter/website is online!   "Dinosaur Protection Group" Twitter/website is online! Icon_minitimeMon Dec 25, 2017 4:59 am

Sickle_Claw wrote:
I'm like 99.9 percent sure the accounts are not official. Razz d

Its a fan project that recently got resurrected. Its pretty cute though, but just consider it like Rping.
Who knows, maybe Universal will make them official. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: "Dinosaur Protection Group" Twitter/website is online!   "Dinosaur Protection Group" Twitter/website is online! Icon_minitimeMon Dec 25, 2017 9:41 am

Hopefully they keep the site updated after the movie opens. I remember after the first JW, they didnt update the section about the Indominus up until about a year later.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: "Dinosaur Protection Group" Twitter/website is online!   "Dinosaur Protection Group" Twitter/website is online! Icon_minitimeMon Dec 25, 2017 3:56 pm

CommanderKeller wrote:

-The only surviving dinosaur from the first park was Rexy (apart from Abuela), the rest died due to illness, accidents and old age.

-Only one Spinosaurus cloned by InGen, an unauthorized cloning. Masrani had those DNA samples destroyed before Jurassic World opened.

-Main street skeleton is just a recreation to pay respect to the events that happened many years ago. Not the ''real'' one.

I still have a lot of doubts if we should take all this as canon or not, but for the sake of asking questions, I'll play along for now.

I get that some of the original Brachiosaurus's most likely die of old age, but I find it hard to believe that all of them died. Also, would that make the Brachiosaurus's that we'll see in the movie the biological descendants of the originals and does that for the JW Parasaurolophus as well?

As for the Spinosaurus, it looks like Universal realized that they really screwed up with the 'JW Spino skeleton being the JP3 Spino', and are trying REALLY hard to make this online sources all canon again. I'm guessing that the 'real' one is still alive on Sorna. Also, why did Masrani destroy all the Spino DNA?

Sorry, but all this only gives us far more questions then answers.

Back to top Go down
JP_Korea
Hatchling
Hatchling
JP_Korea

PostSubject: Re: "Dinosaur Protection Group" Twitter/website is online!   "Dinosaur Protection Group" Twitter/website is online! Icon_minitimeMon Dec 25, 2017 8:15 pm

CommanderKeller wrote:
It seems that the viral campaign has begun, not only with the DPG's website but also a couple of twitter accounts, one from Owen and another from Claire, I'm not 100% sure that they are part of the campaign but they are saying interesting things:

-When Owen was hired in 2012, Ingen kept a raptor from the first park, they called him ''Abuela''(Grandma in spanish) and he died at the age of 19.

-Not all dinosaurs on property in JW were advertised or on display, but they were engineered. Many projects and attractions were in the works(this explains the absence of Carnotaurus,Allosaurus etc from the park website).

-Jurassic World had like any zoo, plenty of backstage areas. Not only for lab research, but veterinary services, training centers, quarantine facilities, etc. The indominus is just one example of how they monitored and prepared a new attraction.

-The guest experience took up only a small percentage of the island.

-The order of the rescue depends on many factors, such as dinosaur type, location, size, danger level, and volcano proximity. All of these factors are being considered when designing the rescue plan, which is in development now.

Where did you find those informations? Could I get a link??

Dr. Wu
Veteran
Veteran
Dr. Wu

PostSubject: Re: "Dinosaur Protection Group" Twitter/website is online!   "Dinosaur Protection Group" Twitter/website is online! Icon_minitimeTue Dec 26, 2017 10:42 am

Rhedosaurus wrote:

I still have a lot of doubts if we should take all this as canon or not, but for the sake of asking questions, I'll play along for now.

I get that some of the original Brachiosaurus's most likely die of old age, but I find it hard to believe that all of them died. Also, would that make the Brachiosaurus's that we'll see in the movie the biological descendants of the originals and does that for the JW Parasaurolophus as well?

As for the Spinosaurus, it looks like Universal realized that they really screwed up with the 'JW Spino skeleton being the JP3 Spino', and are trying REALLY hard to make this online sources all canon again. I'm guessing that the 'real' one is still alive on Sorna. Also, why did Masrani destroy all the Spino DNA?

If it's made by Universal then it's official canon no matter if it makes since or not (Spinosaurus skeleton for example). We don't have to like it but fans deciding if the official websites are canon or not canon is just making headcanons.

Ceratosaurus
Ceratosaurus

PostSubject: Re: "Dinosaur Protection Group" Twitter/website is online!   "Dinosaur Protection Group" Twitter/website is online! Icon_minitimeTue Dec 26, 2017 12:39 pm

Why would Owen be tweeting about this if he starts the movie needing to be convinced to participate? Wouldn’t it just be Claire?
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: "Dinosaur Protection Group" Twitter/website is online!   "Dinosaur Protection Group" Twitter/website is online! Icon_minitimeTue Dec 26, 2017 4:09 pm

Dr. Wu wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:

If it's made by Universal then it's official canon no matter if it makes since or not (Spinosaurus skeleton for example). We don't have to like it but fans deciding if the official websites are canon or not canon is just making headcanons.

But at that point, isn't just 'taking it' just meaning that we're being played for as suckers who will fall for anything, if not EVERYTHING, Universal says? Sorry, but just because I'm a fan doesn't mean that I have to believe everything that Universal puts out online as canon unless it's in the movies. Even more so considering how Universal treats the canon so half-hearted from JP3 to today. The only non-movie source that I would consider would be if Universal made an animated TV show that takes place between JP3 and JW and connected them together like Star Wars: Rebels does with the prequels and the original trilogy, but since we're not getting that, it's a moot point.

Back to top Go down
TyrannosaurTJ
Gallimimus
Gallimimus
TyrannosaurTJ

PostSubject: Re: "Dinosaur Protection Group" Twitter/website is online!   "Dinosaur Protection Group" Twitter/website is online! Icon_minitimeTue Dec 26, 2017 5:19 pm

What are the Twitter accounts posting these? I've combed through the Dino Protection group's site and social media accounts and I'm not finding the information that @CommanderKeller mentioned. I'd love to vet them to make sure they are official and part of the viral marketing campaign for cataloging reasons on Pedia.

As for the JW Spino Skeleton being the JP3 Spino I do point out the anatomical problems of such a claim and that actually does debunk it itself I feel. From there it's not possible to explain those differences away feasibly altogether given how different the animal is from the skeleton on display in JW.

That said, we have to mind the source of the alleged "easter egg" here and it was more of a comment made in jest. The "joke" is more appropriately sourced being from Trevorrow back in an interview where JW was about to come up and asked about how it tied in. Someone unfortunately took it too seriously because Uni doesn't have a governing body on the continuity like Star Wars would. Frankly I feel that kind of oversight is really needed for this series as it keeps going and continues to expand. Uni probably just believes it isn't a lucrative idea to do that and that's why we have the inconsistencies and issues in the end. Yeah, we should embrace the egg ultimately, but indicate that it really doesn't mesh or jive with what we know of the animal cloned and be aware of the origin of the statement altogether and point to that.

I tried to say this near the end in my analysis article of it on Pedia for those that are curious and wanting to read or just have a laugh at the expense of someone clearly derping on social media.

"So you walk eternally through the shadow realms, standing against evil where all others falter. May your thirst for retribution never quench, may the blood on your sword never dry, and may we never need you again." - Corrax Entry 7:17

Last edited by TyrannosaurTJ on Tue Dec 26, 2017 5:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.jurassic-pedia.com/
Levine
Veteran
Veteran
Levine

PostSubject: Re: "Dinosaur Protection Group" Twitter/website is online!   "Dinosaur Protection Group" Twitter/website is online! Icon_minitimeTue Dec 26, 2017 5:37 pm

TyrannosaurTJ wrote:
What are the Twitter accounts posting these? I've combed through the Dino Protection group's site and social media accounts and I'm not finding the information that @CommanderKeller mentioned. I'd love to vet them to make sure they are official and part of the viral marketing campaign for cataloging reasons on Pedia.

As for the JW Spino Skeleton being the JP3 Spino I do point out the anatomical problems of such a claim and that actually does debunk it itself I feel. It's not possible to explain those away altogether given how different the animal is from the skeleton on display in JW. The "joke" is more appropriately sourced being from Trevorrow back in an interview where it was clearly in jest. Someone unfortunately took it too seriously because Uni doesn't have a governing body on the continuity like Star Wars would. Frankly I feel that kind of oversight is really needed for this series as it keeps going. Uni probably just believes it isn't a lucrative idea to do that. As for the "egg" itself, while we should embrace it I feel it is important to add the disclaimer it doesn't mesh or jive with what we know of the animal cloned and be aware of the source on that.

I tried to say this near the end in my analysis article of it on Pedia for those that are curious and wanting to read or just have a laugh.

The accts are @MsClaireDearing and @Mr_OwenGrady, but considering they are using pics from the trailer as their profile pics and not "in universe" selfies or whatever, on top of looking generally unprofessional, I think they're just roleplay accounts.
Back to top Go down
TyrannosaurTJ
Gallimimus
Gallimimus
TyrannosaurTJ

PostSubject: Re: "Dinosaur Protection Group" Twitter/website is online!   "Dinosaur Protection Group" Twitter/website is online! Icon_minitimeTue Dec 26, 2017 5:41 pm

Levine wrote:
The accts are @MsClaireDearing and @Mr_OwenGrady, but considering they are using pics from the trailer as their profile pics and not "in universe" selfies or whatever, on top of looking generally unprofessional, I think they're just roleplay accounts.

Sorry. Edited my reply above so you might want to update your quoted post for consistency reasons or take my quoted post out. I went ahead and scoped them out and asked @Sickle_Claw about it too simultaneously since he monitors the social media stuffs still. Yeah. They are definitely fan created accounts from what I can gather. I would just wait until more information is released officially either in the film itself or from the viral marketing elements.

"So you walk eternally through the shadow realms, standing against evil where all others falter. May your thirst for retribution never quench, may the blood on your sword never dry, and may we never need you again." - Corrax Entry 7:17
Back to top Go down
Dr. Wu
Veteran
Veteran
Dr. Wu

PostSubject: Re: "Dinosaur Protection Group" Twitter/website is online!   "Dinosaur Protection Group" Twitter/website is online! Icon_minitimeTue Dec 26, 2017 8:54 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:

But at that point, isn't just 'taking it' just meaning that we're being played for as suckers who will fall for anything, if not EVERYTHING, Universal says? Sorry, but just because I'm a fan doesn't mean that I have to believe everything that Universal puts out online as canon unless it's in the movies. Even more so considering how Universal treats the canon so half-hearted from JP3 to today. The only non-movie source that I would consider would be if Universal made an animated TV show that takes place between JP3 and JW and connected them together like Star Wars: Rebels does with the prequels and the original trilogy, but since we're not getting that, it's a moot point.

If it's made by or approved by Universal it's 100% official canon whether it makes any logical sense or not but as I said we don't have to like it.

I think Universal didn't mean the skeleton was the actual JP3 Spino it was just simple bad wording on their part that got blown out of proportion by hardcore fans.

Gallimimus
Gallimimus
TyrannosaurTJ

PostSubject: Re: "Dinosaur Protection Group" Twitter/website is online!   "Dinosaur Protection Group" Twitter/website is online! Icon_minitimeTue Dec 26, 2017 9:11 pm

Dr. Wu wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:

If it's made by or approved by Universal it's 100% official canon whether it makes any logical sense or not but as I said we don't have to like it.

I think Universal didn't mean the skeleton was the actual JP3 Spino it was just simple bad wording on their part that got blown out of proportion by hardcore fans.

I agree, Universal holds the keys and can ultimately state whether and what something is or altogether isn't in relation to the property. From that all we can do is sit back and watch in some ways and commentate on it as fans because unfortunately some of us see it a bit more in-depth than the marketing team at least in so far as this issue with the JP3 Spinosaurus being the JW Spinosaurus skeleton in the fourth film. Crichton did pioneer the notion of canon separation from the books and films after the differences of TLW between film and book. So that's basically the "official word" there of sorts. I feel that would trump what Uni says and does too at least to a point. Though we do know the science is pretty much adapted and more shown than told through props and background details in the films in place of character exposition like in the novels.

Outside of this, we have more cases of dubious inclusions where we can't say one way for sure or another than anything else. The canon separation did move to these on de facto level because of the differences. Take the marketing and authorial intent behind JP The Game and how it was portrayed in-canon to the series itself. It wound up that for elements of it to be retconned out or re-added. Damage with the Visitor's Center would be one, but still including things like Nublar being previously inhabited and the name of Mount Sibo (the Volcano) still holding weight. Both of which were big elements of the game. The same deal happened with Trespasser in a sense, but Trespasser altered far more in it's game that would basically break the universe altogether if it was included or even re-included. Masrani Global borrow's only one element from this and that is Hammond's birthdate, which it is in contradiction to what we see in JW actually (1928 Trespasser, 1913 via background prop in the Innovation Center in JW). So both dates, in this case, would have to be notated. Which brings me back to my point about the Spinosaurus thing and the overall handling of it. Because there is conflict with it.

Comparing the anatomy between the two isn't simply just "blowing stuff out of proportion" it's basically being analytical and critical of what they were passing at the time as canonical and showing the problems with it. In a sense just merely looking at the anatomical differences alone throws weight against it and pushes it to "rumored canon" or something along those lines. That's why I said the fact the anatomy is so vastly different between the animals is enough to warrant a conflict due to common sense and throw the entire statement into flux. We can quickly look at both and realize both animals are clearly different from each other. To the average film-goer though? That's not as big and frankly people will feel not as important because it really doesn't impact the story. To the fandom? It is because we love this fictional universe and to us it's basically an entire hole where you could move a herd of Brachiosaurs through.

Outside of the comment, we clearly know the origin of said thing is in jest. The original comment made by Trevorrow in an interview and we can really feel it is taken out of context by Uni's social media crew. Unfortunately, Uni's social media is either poorly equipped to be making such statements or they just don't think people are paying close enough attention. All we can do from here is to say "Hey. People are paying attention. There's logical fallacies with this," show the evidence for it to be on the out, and have that point out there so people know about it. That's not saying "it is" or "isn't", that's showcasing the evidence for and against it and letting people know there's a conflict and problem with the logic of the situation. Showing that it can easily be refuted and is logically disputed is not the same as a coming out and flatly denying it, which we as fans don't have that ultimate authority. Basically we are sciencing it up to show it is easily disputed in the end.

Hope that helps explain my point well enough.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: "Dinosaur Protection Group" Twitter/website is online!   "Dinosaur Protection Group" Twitter/website is online! Icon_minitimeWed Dec 27, 2017 5:51 pm

TyrannosaurTJ wrote:
Dr. Wu wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:

I agree, Universal holds the keys and can ultimately state whether and what something is or altogether isn't in relation to the property. From that all we can do is sit back and watch in some ways and commentate on it as fans because unfortunately some of us see it a bit more in-depth than the marketing team at least in so far as this issue with the JP3 Spinosaurus being the JW Spinosaurus skeleton in the fourth film. Crichton did pioneer the notion of canon separation from the books and films after the differences of TLW between film and book. So that's basically the "official word" there of sorts. I feel that would trump what Uni says and does too at least to a point. Though we do know the science is pretty much adapted and more shown than told through props and background details in the films in place of character exposition like in the novels.

Outside of this, we have more cases of dubious inclusions where we can't say one way for sure or another than anything else. The canon separation did move to these on de facto level because of the differences. Take the marketing and authorial intent behind JP The Game and how it was portrayed in-canon to the series itself. It wound up that for elements of it to be retconned out or re-added. Damage with the Visitor's Center would be one, but still including things like Nublar being previously inhabited and the name of Mount Sibo (the Volcano) still holding weight. Both of which were big elements of the game. The same deal happened with Trespasser in a sense, but Trespasser altered far more in it's game that would basically break the universe altogether if it was included or even re-included. Masrani Global borrow's only one element from this and that is Hammond's birthdate, which it is in contradiction to what we see in JW actually (1928 Trespasser, 1913 via background prop in the Innovation Center in JW). So both dates, in this case, would have to be notated. Which brings me back to my point about the Spinosaurus thing and the overall handling of it. Because there is conflict with it.

Comparing the anatomy between the two isn't simply just "blowing stuff out of proportion" it's basically being analytical and critical of what they were passing at the time as canonical and showing the problems with it. In a sense just merely looking at the anatomical differences alone throws weight against it and pushes it to "rumored canon" or something along those lines. That's why I said the fact the anatomy is so vastly different between the animals is enough to warrant a conflict due to common sense and throw the entire statement into flux. We can quickly look at both and realize both animals are clearly different from each other. To the average film-goer though? That's not as big and frankly people will feel not as important because it really doesn't impact the story. To the fandom? It is because we love this fictional universe and to us it's basically an entire hole where you could move a herd of Brachiosaurs through.

Outside of the comment, we clearly know the origin of said thing is in jest. The original comment made by Trevorrow in an interview and we can really feel it is taken out of context by Uni's social media crew. Unfortunately, Uni's social media is either poorly equipped to be making such statements or they just don't think people are paying close enough attention. All we can do from here is to say "Hey. People are paying attention. There's logical fallacies with this," show the evidence for it to be on the out, and have that point out there so people know about it. That's not saying "it is" or "isn't", that's showcasing the evidence for and against it and letting people know there's a conflict and problem with the logic of the situation. Showing that it can easily be refuted and is logically disputed is not the same as a coming out and flatly denying it, which we as fans don't have that ultimate authority. Basically we are sciencing it up to show it is easily disputed in the end.

Hope that helps explain my point well enough.

At this point, with the holes in canon and how all this feels so half-hearted, all this is doing is re-enforcing my belief that another studio-WB or Disney-would do the franchise far more justice by filling in all the holes properly. I still wish that we were getting a movie that took place between JP3 and JW that filled in the holes or got an animated TV show that did that like how Star Wars: Rebels did/still does with the prequels and the OT.

Call me a canon zealot, but unless it's heavily implied to the point where it forces you to believe it, in the movie, in a TV show, in a book, or talked about by a staff member or something, I just can not accept all this as canon. Even more so considering how Universal hasn't treated the franchise anywhere close as it should have, not since TLW anyway.

Back to top Go down
TyrannosaurTJ
Gallimimus
Gallimimus
TyrannosaurTJ

PostSubject: Re: "Dinosaur Protection Group" Twitter/website is online!   "Dinosaur Protection Group" Twitter/website is online! Icon_minitimeWed Dec 27, 2017 8:17 pm

Rhedo, you aren't wrong to think that. I find myself feeling the same and relatively annoyed myself. We do need to accept that like in life the JP universe has unknowns in it and unclear answers. One cannot profess to ultimately know everything as there is always something new to learn. That is how I reconcile my feelings on this and remain open on new media.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "Dinosaur Protection Group" Twitter/website is online!   "Dinosaur Protection Group" Twitter/website is online! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

"Dinosaur Protection Group" Twitter/website is online!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next