Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

How do you feel about them introducing new dinosaurs that were never mentioned in JW?

Go down 
+20
TyrannosaurTJ
Megatron
Minmi
SmugTheFab
Saurillian
Herrerasaurus
Spinosaur4.4
Dr. Wu
Levine
TheRexMan22
Tyrant Lizard
Troyal1
Rhedosaurus
Theta Rex
Dead2009
Jurassic Gabo
Sickle_Claw
eagc7
V.a.nublarensis
BoulderFaceplant
24 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
BoulderFaceplant
Ceratosaurus
Ceratosaurus

How do you feel about them introducing new dinosaurs that were never mentioned in JW? Empty
PostSubject: How do you feel about them introducing new dinosaurs that were never mentioned in JW?   How do you feel about them introducing new dinosaurs that were never mentioned in JW? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 21, 2017 1:18 am

Styracosaurus. Compsognathus. Carnotaurus. Stygimoloch. These are some of the several dinosaurs that exist on Nublar and therefore apparently were assets at Jurassic World. But they were only introduced in Fallen Kingdom. Given that we had an extensive website that detailed which animals were at Jurassic World, I was thinking it might come off as somewhat of a cop-out to introduce these new dinosaurs out of nowhere.

Personally, I like this development. We need to see new dinosaurs, even if there’s some deception to do so. It’s also a nice surprise to see things like Carnotaurus running around.
Back to top Go down
V.a.nublarensis
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
V.a.nublarensis

How do you feel about them introducing new dinosaurs that were never mentioned in JW? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How do you feel about them introducing new dinosaurs that were never mentioned in JW?   How do you feel about them introducing new dinosaurs that were never mentioned in JW? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 21, 2017 1:52 am

I'm not that strict about the rules of canon. The website was made to be canon without knowledge that these new dinosaurs would feature in a sequel 3 years later, and I don't see why it should be thrown away because dinosaurs that were never mentioned there appears in FK. So I'm happy with this, especially Carnotaurus.
Back to top Go down
eagc7
Hatchling
Hatchling
eagc7

PostSubject: Re: How do you feel about them introducing new dinosaurs that were never mentioned in JW?   How do you feel about them introducing new dinosaurs that were never mentioned in JW? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 21, 2017 10:40 am

I dont mind it, i am just happy to finally see a Carno in a JP film

Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: How do you feel about them introducing new dinosaurs that were never mentioned in JW?   How do you feel about them introducing new dinosaurs that were never mentioned in JW? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 21, 2017 1:22 pm

Im okay with it, I'm just assuming at this point several of the dinosaurs ike the Carnotaurs probably were not ready to be shown yet.

Embryo
Embryo
Jurassic Gabo

PostSubject: Re: How do you feel about them introducing new dinosaurs that were never mentioned in JW?   How do you feel about them introducing new dinosaurs that were never mentioned in JW? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 21, 2017 2:35 pm

I can not deny that I feel a little uncomfortable about it (depending on the dinosaur because dinosaurs like Compy, Brachio, Baryonyx and blue theropod for me is Metriacanthosaurus, there may be a logical explanation). I am someone who is a faithful follower of the film canon, that's why it makes me uncomfortable and makes me raise several doubts about these new species and that the production ignores the facts of the previous films, however I can not deny that I like to see some of them as the Carnotaurus. I just hope that the film has a pretty strong explanation for this and do not let it drift like what happened in Jurassic Park /// with the raptors sornaensis, the male Brachios, the dentate Pteranodons, the green female Parasaurolophus and the same Spinosaurus .

Almost 25 years of the existence of this franchise, and we still feel like that enchanted child to see those Brachiosaurus in the lake refreshing. Long live Jurassic Park
Back to top Go down
http://jurassicgabo.deviantart.com/
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: How do you feel about them introducing new dinosaurs that were never mentioned in JW?   How do you feel about them introducing new dinosaurs that were never mentioned in JW? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 21, 2017 4:32 pm

The Compy isnt necessarily new to the franchise. New to this story, yes, but overall no.

Back to top Go down
BoulderFaceplant
Ceratosaurus
Ceratosaurus

PostSubject: Re: How do you feel about them introducing new dinosaurs that were never mentioned in JW?   How do you feel about them introducing new dinosaurs that were never mentioned in JW? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 21, 2017 4:55 pm

Dead2009 wrote:
The Compy isnt necessarily new to the franchise. New to this story, yes, but overall no.

It’s new to Jurassic World’s stock of dinosaurs.
Back to top Go down
Theta Rex
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Theta Rex

PostSubject: Re: How do you feel about them introducing new dinosaurs that were never mentioned in JW?   How do you feel about them introducing new dinosaurs that were never mentioned in JW? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 21, 2017 5:43 pm

Personally, I'm absolutely fine with throwing in a few newcomers as long as they don't go way overboard with it (and as it stands, they don't seem to have done that yet).

It was a big inevitability in any case.

Ceratosaurus
Ceratosaurus

PostSubject: Re: How do you feel about them introducing new dinosaurs that were never mentioned in JW?   How do you feel about them introducing new dinosaurs that were never mentioned in JW? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 21, 2017 5:51 pm

Jurassic Gabo wrote:
I can not deny that I feel a little uncomfortable about it (depending on the dinosaur because dinosaurs like Compy, Brachio, Baryonyx and blue theropod for me is Metriacanthosaurus, there may be a logical explanation). I am someone who is a faithful follower of the film canon, that's why it makes me uncomfortable and makes me raise several doubts about these new species and that the production ignores the facts of the previous films, however I can not deny that I like to see some of them as the Carnotaurus. I just hope that the film has a pretty strong explanation for this and do not let it drift like what happened in Jurassic Park /// with the raptors sornaensis, the male Brachios, the dentate Pteranodons, the green female Parasaurolophus and the same Spinosaurus .

It’s extremely unlikely that the film will delve into how the new dinosaurs got there as it’s irrelevant to the plot and would just distract the audience.
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: How do you feel about them introducing new dinosaurs that were never mentioned in JW?   How do you feel about them introducing new dinosaurs that were never mentioned in JW? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 21, 2017 6:32 pm

Jurassic Gabo wrote:

I didn't mind the male Brachiosaurus's in JP3 and I do think that they can get away with saying that the Nublar Brachiosaurus's and the Baryonyx was part of the new park and that we never saw them.

But other then that, I agree. Universal is mostly throwing in dinosaurs for the sake of it and hoping we all buy that 'they REALLY did exist in JW but we never saw them' reason. We won't. Sorry, but if most of us didn't buy the 'JW Spino skeleton is that of the JP3 Spino' crap, then Universal really is dumb to think that we will buy this as well. They don't have many clues what to do with this franchise.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

If you're concerned about where this franchise is headed, then please join us.
Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: How do you feel about them introducing new dinosaurs that were never mentioned in JW?   How do you feel about them introducing new dinosaurs that were never mentioned in JW? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 21, 2017 9:12 pm

It’s very weird. But most of the general audience never looked at the website in depth if we’re being honest. I don’t really think they thought it through. That’s a problem they have had, but I do think some of it could be not knowing the first one would be such a money machine.

I sincerely don’t think Universal takes time to plan things unfortunately.
Back to top Go down
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: How do you feel about them introducing new dinosaurs that were never mentioned in JW?   How do you feel about them introducing new dinosaurs that were never mentioned in JW? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 21, 2017 9:15 pm

Honestly, and I say this as a massive fan of the franchise, I really don't care. Even if we aren't given an official reason for their existence, my headcanon can take care of that.

How do you feel about them introducing new dinosaurs that were never mentioned in JW? Jpbann10
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: How do you feel about them introducing new dinosaurs that were never mentioned in JW?   How do you feel about them introducing new dinosaurs that were never mentioned in JW? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 21, 2017 9:43 pm

Troyal1 wrote:
It’s very weird. But most of the general audience never looked at the website in depth if we’re being honest. I don’t really think they thought it through. That’s a problem they have had, but I do think some of it could be not knowing the first one would be such a money machine.

I sincerely don’t think Universal takes time to plan things unfortunately.

Not sincerely anyway. It's clear they never planned JP3 properly nor did they truly care about canon when JW was about to come out. And any credibility the Masrani backdoor site had got nuked for a lot of fans (myself included) when Universal said that the JW Spino skeleton was that of the JP3 Spino.

It's really sad that the F&F franchise is more cared about by Universal then this franchise has since TLW.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

Back to top Go down
TheRexMan22
Veteran
Veteran
TheRexMan22

PostSubject: Re: How do you feel about them introducing new dinosaurs that were never mentioned in JW?   How do you feel about them introducing new dinosaurs that were never mentioned in JW? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 22, 2017 2:03 pm

I'm cool with that. I'm just glad we're getting a Carno.

[color=#33ccff]
Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: How do you feel about them introducing new dinosaurs that were never mentioned in JW?   How do you feel about them introducing new dinosaurs that were never mentioned in JW? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 22, 2017 4:00 pm

Tyrant Lizard wrote:
Honestly, and I say this as a massive fan of the franchise, I really don't care. Even if we aren't given an official reason for their existence, my headcanon can take care of that.

Pretty much. My head canon is that they were always in JW and that I don’t take the website as 100% set in stone, film canon.

But it will admit I find it disappointing in some ways. Like this new viral site that is coming out. Will everything on it be absolutely film canon?

I’d like them to put a line in there that implies some of the Dino’s weren’t ready to be shown, just like Indominus maybe?
Back to top Go down
Levine
Veteran
Veteran
Levine

PostSubject: Re: How do you feel about them introducing new dinosaurs that were never mentioned in JW?   How do you feel about them introducing new dinosaurs that were never mentioned in JW? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 22, 2017 4:20 pm

As someone who believes in sticking true to the canon and having consistency, it's making me uncomfortable that's there's just Carnotaurs walking around in JW Nublar. Even if it's a throwaway line, I hope they explain that they're from holding pens that got released after the Incident or something for future attractions (like a Phase Two thing or something).
Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: How do you feel about them introducing new dinosaurs that were never mentioned in JW?   How do you feel about them introducing new dinosaurs that were never mentioned in JW? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 22, 2017 4:23 pm

Levine wrote:
As someone who believes in sticking true to the canon and having consistency, it's making me uncomfortable that's there's just Carnotaurs walking around in JW Nublar. Even if it's a throwaway line, I hope they explain that they're from holding pens that got released after the Incident or something for future attractions (like a Phase Two thing or something).

It would be really nice if Owen was like “shit, a Carno on Nublar?” After the chase and then Claire explains that there were more animals planned and getting ready before the announcement.
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: How do you feel about them introducing new dinosaurs that were never mentioned in JW?   How do you feel about them introducing new dinosaurs that were never mentioned in JW? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 22, 2017 4:44 pm

Troyal1 wrote:
Pretty much. My head canon is that they were always in JW and that I don’t take the website as 100% set in stone, film canon.

But it will admit I find it disappointing in some ways. Like this new viral site that is coming out. Will everything on it be absolutely film canon?

If it is, then I wonder how much of it is due to many fans (myself included) not regarding the Backdoor Masrani site as canon anymore via the 'JW Spino skeleton is that of the the JP3 Spino' debacle.

Levine wrote:

I'm like that too. The problem is that even if that is said, or at least implied, that's the case, then considering Universal's history about not really caring about canon after The Lost World, how many fans will buy it anyway?

Back to top Go down
Dr. Wu
Veteran
Veteran
Dr. Wu

PostSubject: Re: How do you feel about them introducing new dinosaurs that were never mentioned in JW?   How do you feel about them introducing new dinosaurs that were never mentioned in JW? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 23, 2017 11:45 am

Was Carnotaurus DNA use in creating the Indominus? If so then that can explain it's appearance in Fallen Kingdom.

But even if it isn't explained I wouldn't be concerned. There are many potential reasons why there are more dinosaurs that we didn't know were on Nublar.

Last edited by Dr. Wu on Sat Dec 23, 2017 12:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: How do you feel about them introducing new dinosaurs that were never mentioned in JW?   How do you feel about them introducing new dinosaurs that were never mentioned in JW? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 23, 2017 12:00 pm

I don't mind, the more new dinosaurs we get, the better.

Former JPL member, Spinosaur4.4.

How do you feel about them introducing new dinosaurs that were never mentioned in JW? LYHX0zA
Back to top Go down
Herrerasaurus
Ankylosaurus
Ankylosaurus
Herrerasaurus

PostSubject: Re: How do you feel about them introducing new dinosaurs that were never mentioned in JW?   How do you feel about them introducing new dinosaurs that were never mentioned in JW? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 23, 2017 3:17 pm

Dr. Wu wrote:
Was Carnotaurus DNA use in creating the Indominus? If so then that can explain it's appearance in Fallen Kingdom.

But even if it isn't explained I wouldn't be concerned. There are many potential reasons why there are more dinosaurs that we didn't know were on Nublar.
yes, there is carno dna in irex
Back to top Go down
Saurillian
Jurassic Mainframe News Team
Saurillian

PostSubject: Re: How do you feel about them introducing new dinosaurs that were never mentioned in JW?   How do you feel about them introducing new dinosaurs that were never mentioned in JW? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 23, 2017 7:38 pm

The Carnotaurus DNA is why the animal is so resilient to firearms, because of the osteoderms. It's like wearing natural chainmail

"She doesn't even have a Sega! She's such a troglodyte!" - Kelly

How do you feel about them introducing new dinosaurs that were never mentioned in JW? Jp3_210
Back to top Go down
SmugTheFab
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
SmugTheFab

Location : In my den, rubbing my hands together and laughing maniacally.

PostSubject: Re: How do you feel about them introducing new dinosaurs that were never mentioned in JW?   How do you feel about them introducing new dinosaurs that were never mentioned in JW? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 23, 2017 11:48 pm

Dr. Wu wrote:

I like this theory. Picture this--they're breeding Carnotaurs to make sure they'll be okay to blend with the Indominus, and when they're done with them, they plop them in the restricted zone/keep them contained someplace on the island. Then when Indy gets loose and the park goes to hell, the Carnos get out and spread their population across the island. Boom, there you are.

And to explain the Allosaurus...aren't you able to see Allosaurus on one of the holoscapes in Jurassic World.

Back to top Go down
Minmi
Ceratosaurus
Ceratosaurus
Minmi

PostSubject: Re: How do you feel about them introducing new dinosaurs that were never mentioned in JW?   How do you feel about them introducing new dinosaurs that were never mentioned in JW? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 24, 2017 1:41 am

We definitely need to see some new dinosaurs. I like the idea of Carnotaurus being included and I really wish they'd bring back the Ceratosaurus from JP3.

Ceratosaurus
Ceratosaurus

PostSubject: Re: How do you feel about them introducing new dinosaurs that were never mentioned in JW?   How do you feel about them introducing new dinosaurs that were never mentioned in JW? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 24, 2017 9:25 am

Minmi wrote:
We definitely need to see some new dinosaurs. I like the idea of Carnotaurus being included and I really wish they'd bring back the Ceratosaurus from JP3.  

Carnotaurus is cool from a paleontology standpoint because it highlights the diversity of theropods. Ditto for the film’s representation of ceratopsians. This already makes it feel more like the first two, especially in its potential to popularize relatively obscure animals like stygimoloch and baryonyx. Here’s hoping the Indoraptor doesn’t take too much of the spotlight.
Back to top Go down
Megatron
Embryo
Embryo
Megatron

PostSubject: Re: How do you feel about them introducing new dinosaurs that were never mentioned in JW?   How do you feel about them introducing new dinosaurs that were never mentioned in JW? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 28, 2017 12:13 am

I'm fine with it. Sticking to the website means we wouldn't have gotten Carnotaurus in the film series which is something I've wanted ever since I read the Lost World book.
Back to top Go down
TyrannosaurTJ
Gallimimus
Gallimimus
TyrannosaurTJ

PostSubject: Re: How do you feel about them introducing new dinosaurs that were never mentioned in JW?   How do you feel about them introducing new dinosaurs that were never mentioned in JW? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 28, 2017 7:49 am

As long as there is some exposition about it in the film, I'm totally chill with it.

"So you walk eternally through the shadow realms, standing against evil where all others falter. May your thirst for retribution never quench, may the blood on your sword never dry, and may we never need you again." - Corrax Entry 7:17
Back to top Go down
http://www.jurassic-pedia.com/
NolaJP
Compsognathus
Compsognathus
NolaJP

PostSubject: Re: How do you feel about them introducing new dinosaurs that were never mentioned in JW?   How do you feel about them introducing new dinosaurs that were never mentioned in JW? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 28, 2017 3:25 pm

I would venture to say that at least 95% of the people seeing this movie think "canon" just means those big metal things that go boom.

In my opinion, the more dinosaur species they can fit in there, the better. We went over a decade between JP3 and any real sign of a 4th movie. It won't be long until we see a similar wait for a JP movie. Better enjoy all of this while we can.

Whatever liberties they are taking with the canon of the series, it is worth it just to see the Carno on the big screen.
Back to top Go down
Hesperornis
Embryo
Embryo
Hesperornis

PostSubject: Re: How do you feel about them introducing new dinosaurs that were never mentioned in JW?   How do you feel about them introducing new dinosaurs that were never mentioned in JW? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 29, 2017 5:09 pm

Honestly, I don't think there's any point in making a big deal about the new dinosaurs. It should be kept in mind that JP is not a franchise with a solid canon, unlike, say, Star Wars. I think we as a fandom have a tendency to overanalyze things. This even goes back to efforts to try and figure out which species were present in the park in the first movie. The evidence cited for various genera that didn't appear in the movie itself (e.g. Metriacanthosaurus, Herrerasaurus, etc.) being in the park were a couple props that likely didn't have much thought put into them in the first place. Similarly, the assumption that InGen had fifteen species on Isla Nublar is based primarily on a throwaway line from Dodgson, which was really just imported from the book. I think any attempt to extrapolate a canonical species list from this is flimsy at best. As for the Jurassic World website, it should be kept in mind that it was made primarily for marketing purposes, so I don't see why the makers would want to restrict themselves solely on that. In conclusion, the only dinosaurs we know for sure to be present are the ones that appear on screen, so just relax and enjoy the films.
Back to top Go down
CT-1138
CT-1138

PostSubject: Re: How do you feel about them introducing new dinosaurs that were never mentioned in JW?   How do you feel about them introducing new dinosaurs that were never mentioned in JW? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 29, 2017 11:31 pm

Hesperornis wrote:
Honestly, I don't think there's any point in making a big deal about the new dinosaurs. It should be kept in mind that JP is not a franchise with a solid canon, unlike, say, Star Wars. I think we as a fandom have a tendency to overanalyze things. This even goes back to efforts to try and figure out which species were present in the park in the first movie. The evidence cited for various genera that didn't appear in the movie itself (e.g. Metriacanthosaurus, Herrerasaurus, etc.) being in the park were a couple props that likely didn't have much thought put into them in the first place. Similarly, the assumption that InGen had fifteen species on Isla Nublar is based primarily on a throwaway line from Dodgson, which was really just imported from the book. I think any attempt to extrapolate a canonical species list from this is flimsy at best. As for the Jurassic World website, it should be kept in mind that it was made primarily for marketing purposes, so I don't see why the makers would want to restrict themselves solely on that. In conclusion, the only dinosaurs we know for sure to be present are the ones that appear on screen, so just relax and enjoy the films.

Just because they slapped couple dinosaur names on a prop doesn't negate the fact that these animals were cloned by InGen and were planned for the Park. They're in the film, they're there.

http://abekowalski.deviantart.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How do you feel about them introducing new dinosaurs that were never mentioned in JW?   How do you feel about them introducing new dinosaurs that were never mentioned in JW? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How do you feel about them introducing new dinosaurs that were never mentioned in JW?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next