Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

Some speculation on lines and Owen Grady

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
1morey
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus
1morey

Some speculation on lines and Owen Grady Empty
PostSubject: Some speculation on lines and Owen Grady   Some speculation on lines and Owen Grady Icon_minitimeSat Jan 27, 2018 6:25 pm

So, in the behind-the-scenes featurette, the first line said is Claire saying, "Do you remember the first time you saw a dinosaur?"

I believe this is most likely said during the classroom scene with Claire, Franklin, and Daniella Pineda's character, but the tone implies she could be saying it to Owen which ties into the next part.

I think Claire is trying to convince Owen to join the DPG expedition.

I'm getting this feeling that Owen is racked with guilt about (reluctantly) letting Hoskins use Charlie, Echo, and Delta to kill the Indominus rex, and Owen feels that he is responsible for their deaths.

And his initially refuses to join Claire, which is why Claire seems very stern with Owen cracking a joke, and her "That's not why we're here." rebuttal.

And Owen is on the side of "Let the dinosaurs go extinct."

And during Claire's attempt to try to convince Owen to join, she says, "Do you remember the first time you saw a dinosaur?"

Which ties into the "Blue is alive!" line, in a "If you won't do it for the dinosaurs, do it for Blue" in a sort of way.

I mean this is all speculation, but that is the tone I am getting from that.
Back to top Go down
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: Some speculation on lines and Owen Grady   Some speculation on lines and Owen Grady Icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2018 2:17 pm

If he even is on the side of letting dinosaurs go extinct but then retreats because of Blue and goes rescue the dinosaurs because of her, then he's the most false moralist of all this series. He doesn't care about the animals, he just cares about his pet project aka Blue.

And as Malcolm said one day "I'll be there to ensure you know that." Wink

I always knew he was just talks and no action. Beautiful words won't work with me, Mr. Grady. You're not my hero.

Former JPL member, Spinosaur4.4.

Some speculation on lines and Owen Grady LYHX0zA
Back to top Go down
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: Some speculation on lines and Owen Grady   Some speculation on lines and Owen Grady Icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2018 2:49 pm

Spinosaur4.4 wrote:
If he even is on the side of letting dinosaurs go extinct but then retreats because of Blue and goes rescue the dinosaurs because of her, then he's the most false moralist of all this series. He doesn't care about the animals, he just cares about his pet project aka Blue.

I always knew he was just talks and no action. Beautiful words won't work with me, Mr. Grady. You're not my hero.

You are assuming far too much from sparse evidence. Don't condemn before the trial has begun (otherwise known as the film going experience).

My personal stance is that Owen at the start of the film is neutral on the brewing conflict between the DPG and other groups that want the dinosaurs to go extinct again. Not because he doesn't care, but because he's already been burnt once by getting close to a dinosaur and living with the uncertainty that she may or may not be dead on an island overrun by dangerous animals. Pratt's performance indicates a man who's lost his way and has become emotionally withdrawn, yet when he looks out the window over the island he looks a bit more hopeful.

It's not an uncommon thing among people to redouble their attempts to avoid getting mixed up in something they fear will be a repeat of the same bad experiences, the "once bitten twice shy" sort of thinking..

Some speculation on lines and Owen Grady Dinosa12
Back to top Go down
Six-Foot Turkey
Triceratops
Triceratops
Six-Foot Turkey

PostSubject: Re: Some speculation on lines and Owen Grady   Some speculation on lines and Owen Grady Icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2018 6:45 pm

Not all the characters can be just happy to go back or there wouldn't be any pre-island character conflict. Owen can't just be happy to go back at the snap of a finger, it would be lame. I think OP is probably right.
Back to top Go down
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: Some speculation on lines and Owen Grady   Some speculation on lines and Owen Grady Icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2018 11:28 pm

BarrytheOnyx wrote:
Spinosaur4.4 wrote:

You are assuming far too much from sparse evidence. Don't condemn before the trial has begun (otherwise known as the film going experience).

My personal stance is that Owen at the start of the film is neutral on the brewing conflict between the DPG and other groups that want the dinosaurs to go extinct again. Not because he doesn't care, but because he's already been burnt once by getting close to a dinosaur and living with the uncertainty that she may or may not be dead on an island overrun by dangerous animals. Pratt's performance indicates a man who's lost his way and has become emotionally withdrawn, yet when he looks out the window over the island he looks a bit more hopeful.

It's not an uncommon thing among people to redouble their attempts to avoid getting mixed up in something they fear will be a repeat of the same bad experiences, the "once bitten twice shy" sort of thinking..

I hope you are right and Owen actually get's more character development.

Former JPL member, Spinosaur4.4.

Some speculation on lines and Owen Grady LYHX0zA
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Some speculation on lines and Owen Grady   Some speculation on lines and Owen Grady Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Some speculation on lines and Owen Grady
Page 1 of 1