Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5

Go down 
+49
Dilophosaurus
Boone54
scoobysaurus
vinsanity
Alonso14
Fredriksam
Mr. Robustus
jamie_tid
doyouthinkhesaurus
TyrantKing4Ever
Amadieus
#TRexSpinorematch
TheDreamMaster
Island Queen
TyrannosaurTJ
DinoMike
FayhdrianColonist
Nublar7
baryonyx7
Pachyrhinosaurus
Pokesaurus
SmugTheFab
IllOrfanato
TRK/TrexKing
deinocoop
1morey
Gondrasia
mosasaurus
brunofernando
Sobek
Megatron
dance2nite
Bbrink1996
Oviraptor
Robotpo
BarrytheOnyx
CT-1138
Dr. Wu
TyrannoFan
V.a.nublarensis
Spinosaur4.4
Herrerasaurus
Six-Foot Turkey
Tyrant Lizard
Troyal1
Dead2009
BoulderFaceplant
Sickle_Claw
Rhedosaurus
53 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 19 ... 34  Next
AuthorMessage
V.a.nublarensis
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
V.a.nublarensis

General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 22, 2018 7:09 pm

No, but it's likely that the creation of new dinosaurs on Sorna and the subsequent mass relocation to Nublar would destroy Sorna's ecosystem.
Back to top Go down
BoulderFaceplant
Ceratosaurus
Ceratosaurus

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 22, 2018 7:12 pm

V.a.nublarensis wrote:
No, but it's likely that the creation of new dinosaurs on Sorna and the subsequent mass relocation to Nublar would destroy Sorna's ecosystem.

Maybe DX virus? That’s the only way we wouldnt still have some species there.
Back to top Go down
V.a.nublarensis
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
V.a.nublarensis

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 22, 2018 7:21 pm

Maybe the Spinosaurus killed enough of the young herbivores that their population was no longer sustainable.
Back to top Go down
Dr. Wu
Veteran
Veteran
Dr. Wu

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 22, 2018 7:28 pm

I remember on one of JP3 special features (I believe it was Stan Winston who said it) it was stated the Spinosaurus could cause a extinction event on Sorna.

Maybe that actually happened?

Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 22, 2018 7:45 pm

So I still cant believe the spino was moved to nublar after all lol

Triceratops
Triceratops
Six-Foot Turkey

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 22, 2018 8:03 pm

It is mentioned that the population of each animal is unknown, not that every single dino has been transferred. They just took enough to not know exactly how many are left.
Back to top Go down
Dr. Wu
Veteran
Veteran
Dr. Wu

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 22, 2018 9:12 pm

Six-Foot Turkey wrote:
It is mentioned that the population of each animal is unknown, not that every single dino has been transferred. They just took enough to not know exactly how many are left.

But the article also has this:
http://www.dinosaurprotectiongroup.com/images/nublar.png

Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus
1morey

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 22, 2018 11:27 pm

Well, the Masrani website did mention that InGen Security's main focus was to patrol Isla Sorna and the surrounding archipelago to curb poaching as people were bringing dinosaurs to the mainland.

Maybe the poachers had hit Sorna pretty hard?

As a side note, if Sorna is actually not abandoned, they could easily relocate the dinosaurs to any of the other islands to solve any overpopulation concerns. Isla Tacaño and Isla Matanceros seem to be the best options, landmass wise.

As it stands, I like a lot of these new ideas they are implementing, but they are muddying it up with inconsistencies, and a lot of times are just creating more questions than answers.

I think the big question is how much of this website will carry over to the film?
Back to top Go down
deinocoop
Embryo
Embryo

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 23, 2018 12:19 am

I dunno about creating more questions than answers here, because a bunch of the docs that DPG published do provide a ton of clues as to what happened over time from 1997 to 2015.
Back to top Go down
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 23, 2018 2:07 pm

Sickle_Claw wrote:

This. I refuse to accept this bullshit.

Former JPL member, Spinosaur4.4.

General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 4 LYHX0zA
Back to top Go down
Six-Foot Turkey
Triceratops
Triceratops
Six-Foot Turkey

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 23, 2018 2:12 pm

Dr. Wu wrote:
Six-Foot Turkey wrote:

But the article also has this:
http://www.dinosaurprotectiongroup.com/images/nublar.png

That they know of
Back to top Go down
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 23, 2018 2:38 pm

Spinosaur4.4 wrote:
Sickle_Claw wrote:

Also according to the website...Wu is a wanted fugitive now:

"However, just three months after the events of 2015, and separate from the inquiry into bio-ethical misconduct perpetrated by InGen and Jurassic World Geneticist Dr. Henry Wu, the United States Congress announced it would open an inquiry into the potential violation of the Gene Guard Act. "

Triceratops
Triceratops
Six-Foot Turkey

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 23, 2018 2:40 pm

Sickle_Claw wrote:
Spinosaur4.4 wrote:
Sickle_Claw wrote:

"However, just three months after the events of 2015, and separate from the inquiry into bio-ethical misconduct perpetrated by InGen and Jurassic World Geneticist Dr. Henry Wu, the United States Congress announced it would open an inquiry into the potential violation of the Gene Guard Act. "

Perhaps why he now needs a fresh batch of DNA directly from the Indominus?
Back to top Go down
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 23, 2018 3:10 pm

Sickle_Claw wrote:
Spinosaur4.4 wrote:
Sickle_Claw wrote:

LMAO Like Wu would care about ethical misconduct lmao

I'm waiting her essay on why Wu is a mad man and what he did lmao

Former JPL member, Spinosaur4.4.

General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 4 LYHX0zA
Back to top Go down
Six-Foot Turkey
Triceratops
Triceratops
Six-Foot Turkey

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 23, 2018 7:29 pm

So is it safe to assume Jordan Vogt-Roberts is directing Jurassic World 3?
Back to top Go down
V.a.nublarensis
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
V.a.nublarensis

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 23, 2018 7:32 pm

What makes you say that?
Back to top Go down
Six-Foot Turkey
Triceratops
Triceratops
Six-Foot Turkey

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 23, 2018 7:33 pm

V.a.nublarensis wrote:
What makes you say that?

I keep seeing people share the Jurassic World related stuff he recently did for Orlando. Obvs could mean nothing, just thought it was worth discussing!
Back to top Go down
BoulderFaceplant
Ceratosaurus
Ceratosaurus

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 23, 2018 11:03 pm

Wu isn’t a fugitive. His conduct is simply subject to an ongoing investigation. Hes not hiding or anything.
Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 23, 2018 11:33 pm

Six-Foot Turkey wrote:
V.a.nublarensis wrote:
What makes you say that?

I keep seeing people share the Jurassic World related stuff he recently did for Orlando. Obvs could mean nothing, just thought it was worth discussing!

Do you mind linking me to what he recently did for Orlando? Haven’t heard anything.

Edit: never mind.

I don’t think he’ll do it. I think metal gear is going to take a while and make him tired as well.
Back to top Go down
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 24, 2018 1:07 am

BoulderFaceplant wrote:
Wu isn’t a fugitive. His conduct is simply subject to an ongoing investigation. Hes not hiding or anything.

In Lockwood's basement scratch

Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 24, 2018 2:30 am

On a side note, here's a pic of the Mattel Anatomy T.Rex figure put together...

Spoiler:

General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 4 Jpbann10
Back to top Go down
Herrerasaurus
Ankylosaurus
Ankylosaurus
Herrerasaurus

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 24, 2018 4:07 am

Six-Foot Turkey wrote:
V.a.nublarensis wrote:
What makes you say that?

I enjoyed kong skull island, but i would hate for him to direct jw 3. His style is too cartoony and colorful for a jurassic film. I want someone with Matt reeves' sensibilities. Another choice that i would like is Alex Garland, director of ex machina.
Back to top Go down
Six-Foot Turkey
Triceratops
Triceratops
Six-Foot Turkey

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 24, 2018 10:25 am

Herrerasaurus wrote:
Six-Foot Turkey wrote:
V.a.nublarensis wrote:
What makes you say that?

I enjoyed kong skull island, but i would hate for him to direct jw 3. His style is too cartoony and colorful for a jurassic film. I want someone with Matt reeves' sensibilities. Another choice that i would like is Alex Garland, director of ex machina.  

I agree, I honestly didn't like Skull Island. It was in the shadow of the amazing 2005 Kong movie.Especially since I was lead to believe that Skull Island was going to be a prequel to the 2005 Kong before the trailers started showing up. It's sole purpose of setting up a Godzilla vs Kong movie universe feels cheap to me.
Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 24, 2018 10:26 am

Herrerasaurus wrote:
Six-Foot Turkey wrote:
V.a.nublarensis wrote:
What makes you say that?

I agree with you Matt Reeves seems like such a good fit for this world. And we know how comfortable he is with brilliant animal cgi.

On a side note I went to see Alex Garland’s Annihilation for my birthday yesterday. I don’t think it’s perfect but I definitely recommend seeing it. I enjoyed it a lot.
Back to top Go down
Six-Foot Turkey
Triceratops
Triceratops
Six-Foot Turkey

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 24, 2018 10:27 am

Tyrant Lizard wrote:
On a side note, here's a pic of the Mattel Anatomy T.Rex figure put together...

Spoiler:

I prefer how it's jaw is similar brown to the rest of the figure instead of that cream colour they've gone with for the other ones.
Back to top Go down
Six-Foot Turkey
Triceratops
Triceratops
Six-Foot Turkey

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 24, 2018 10:30 am

Troyal1 wrote:
Herrerasaurus wrote:
Six-Foot Turkey wrote:
V.a.nublarensis wrote:
What makes you say that?

I agree with you Matt Reeves seems like such a good fit for this world. And we know how comfortable he is with brilliant animal cgi.

On a side note I went to see Alex Garland’s Annihilation for my birthday yesterday. I don’t think it’s perfect but I definitely recommend seeing it. I enjoyed it a lot.

Matt Reeves is my number 1 choice. He's actually a perfect fit. Plus he's good friends with Giacchino.

It could be possible that Emily Carmichael might be directing this one since she is writing it and she's a director too. She's already in place to direct another Amblin film, too. However, Unlike Trevorrow, Carmichael hasn't directed a feature film yet that I know of, so could be a massive risk.
Back to top Go down
brunofernando
Embryo
Embryo
brunofernando

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 24, 2018 12:17 pm

Six-Foot Turkey wrote:
Troyal1 wrote:
Herrerasaurus wrote:
Six-Foot Turkey wrote:
V.a.nublarensis wrote:
What makes you say that?

Matt Reeves is my number 1 choice. He's actually a perfect fit. Plus he's good friends with Giacchino.

It could be possible that Emily Carmichael might be directing this one since she is writing it and she's a director too. She's already in place to direct another Amblin film, too. However, Unlike Trevorrow, Carmichael hasn't directed a feature film yet that I know of, so could be a massive risk.

I think it would be interesting and would bring good press for the movie.
A woman directing a movie like this would be a win-win.
Back to top Go down
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 24, 2018 2:36 pm

A woman director would be interesting for publicity ("Dinosaurs eat man, woman inherits the earth" from Ellie Sattler springs to mind), but anything else beyond that? What we really need is a director who can tell a great story, regardless of gender. Gender politics can very easily get corrupted and draw out all sorts of sordid, hype-destroying circumstances as well.

The two names I would advocate are Kathryn Bigelow and Ava DuVernay as directors with a lot of clout and respect to their name, the former is an incredible action director and the latter of which is dealing with a VFX heavy sci-fi film in 'A Wrinkle in Time'. Now, I just hope that that film is good because something about the trailers wasn't working for me. I know Patty Jenkins is a popular name right now thanks to Wonder Woman, but honestly I would prefer if she directed Wonder Woman 2 and close that character out with grace. Overall, what matters is that they have the storytelling skills, experience and talent to pull off a Jurassic film, and everything else will fall into place.

Edit: For the sake of discussion, another interesting name to enter the hat is Michelle MacLaren, who's directed episodes of Breaking Bad, The Walking Dead, Game of Thrones, and Westworld. The last of which intrigues me, and of course having the Michael Crichton connection would in a creative sense seem ideal.

General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 4 Dinosa12
Back to top Go down
Six-Foot Turkey
Triceratops
Triceratops
Six-Foot Turkey

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 24, 2018 2:38 pm

Patty Jenkins is a no from me. Wonder Woman was so dull.
Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 24, 2018 4:04 pm

brunofernando wrote:
Six-Foot Turkey wrote:
Troyal1 wrote:
Herrerasaurus wrote:
Six-Foot Turkey wrote:
V.a.nublarensis wrote:
What makes you say that?

I think it would be interesting and would bring good press for the movie.
A woman directing a movie like this would be a win-win.

I’m not saying this because I don’t want a woman director, but please don’t let the last chapter be directed by someone who has never done a movie before just because it would be good for publicity. I even believe it was a mistake to let someone like Colin do the first.

But the last? They gotta be confident and get it right. Please go to a director like Matt Reeves who has proven he can make films. That’s why I was happy with the Bayona pick.

@BarrytheOnyx I love Michelle MacLaren! I wish they’d give her a movie already.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5
Page 4 of 34Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 19 ... 34  Next