Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

Universal tried to cover up the Mosasaur escape

Go down 
+10
TyrannosaurTJ
Dr. Wu
IllOrfanato
Spinosaur4.4
Rhedosaurus
BoulderFaceplant
Megatron
Troyal1
Tyrant Lizard
Sickle_Claw
14 posters
AuthorMessage
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

Universal tried to cover up the Mosasaur escape Empty
PostSubject: Universal tried to cover up the Mosasaur escape   Universal tried to cover up the Mosasaur escape Icon_minitimeWed Feb 07, 2018 7:45 pm

Proof in this thread:

https://twitter.com/Sickle_Claw/status/961399777802858501

Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: Universal tried to cover up the Mosasaur escape   Universal tried to cover up the Mosasaur escape Icon_minitimeWed Feb 07, 2018 8:46 pm

Universal tried to cover up the Mosasaur escape OAaRV

Universal tried to cover up the Mosasaur escape Jpbann10
Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: Universal tried to cover up the Mosasaur escape   Universal tried to cover up the Mosasaur escape Icon_minitimeWed Feb 07, 2018 10:40 pm

Oh god. I really didn’t want this to happen. They better have a great explanation for how and why since the lagoon is not near the ocean.

Back to top Go down
Megatron
Embryo
Embryo
Megatron

PostSubject: Re: Universal tried to cover up the Mosasaur escape   Universal tried to cover up the Mosasaur escape Icon_minitimeThu Feb 08, 2018 12:03 am

Maybe somebody carried it out of the lagoon?
Back to top Go down
BoulderFaceplant
Ceratosaurus
Ceratosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Universal tried to cover up the Mosasaur escape   Universal tried to cover up the Mosasaur escape Icon_minitimeThu Feb 08, 2018 2:09 am

I bet the submarine was armed with torpedos. A miss would break the observatory, although that goes against the old description that it was “crushed.”
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Universal tried to cover up the Mosasaur escape   Universal tried to cover up the Mosasaur escape Icon_minitimeThu Feb 08, 2018 7:19 am

This is going to be the dumbest beginning of any Jurassic Park movie ever made. Even JP3, the worst of the JP movies, had a better start then this movie will. I mean, Wu is going to extreme measures to get something THAT HE SHOULD ALREADY HAVE (the I. rex DNA) and the Mosasaurus ESCAPES?! All in one scene?!

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT?!

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

If you're concerned about where this franchise is headed, then please join us.
Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: Universal tried to cover up the Mosasaur escape   Universal tried to cover up the Mosasaur escape Icon_minitimeThu Feb 08, 2018 11:40 am

BoulderFaceplant wrote:
I bet the submarine was armed with torpedos. A miss would break the observatory, although that goes against the old description that it was “crushed.”

Correct me if i'm wrong, but how would that let it escape? I think the lagoon is surrounded by land on all sides in the middle of the island correct?

Even if that canon is changed it seems like a huge design flaw for JW.  A potential way where there is even a small possibility of it getting to the ocean would be crazy!

Man oh man i hope they have a plan.  I know back in the JW days it was speculated that there were large pipes under the park to carry water in. And people thought it might travel through them because they were sure it would get out lol. I wonder if they have been reading the forums? Razz
Back to top Go down
BoulderFaceplant
Ceratosaurus
Ceratosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Universal tried to cover up the Mosasaur escape   Universal tried to cover up the Mosasaur escape Icon_minitimeThu Feb 08, 2018 2:59 pm

Troyal1 wrote:
BoulderFaceplant wrote:

Correct me if i'm wrong, but how would that let it escape? I think the lagoon is surrounded by land on all sides in the middle of the island correct?

Even if that canon is changed it seems like a huge design flaw for JW.  A potential way where there is even a small possibility of it getting to the ocean would be crazy!

Man oh man i hope they have a plan.  I know back in the JW days it was speculated that there were large pipes under the park to carry water in. And people thought it might travel through them because they were sure it would get out lol. I wonder if they have been reading the forums? Razz

Well there could be a big man-made underwater cave feeding into the lagoon that they had to plug up with the observatory once the lagoon was full. Or the cave might be natural.
Back to top Go down
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: Universal tried to cover up the Mosasaur escape   Universal tried to cover up the Mosasaur escape Icon_minitimeThu Feb 08, 2018 6:19 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:
This is going to be the dumbest beginning of any Jurassic Park movie ever made. Even JP3, the worst of the JP movies, had a better start then this movie will. I mean, Wu is going to extreme measures to get something THAT HE SHOULD ALREADY HAVE (the I. rex DNA) and the Mosasaurus ESCAPES?! All in one scene?!

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT?!

It sounds dumb on paper, but we have no idea what the context is. For all we know, there's a scene that ends up explaining the whole thing.

Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: Universal tried to cover up the Mosasaur escape   Universal tried to cover up the Mosasaur escape Icon_minitimeThu Feb 08, 2018 8:10 pm

Tyrant Lizard wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT?!

It sounds dumb on paper, but we have no idea what the context is. For all we know, there's a scene that ends up explaining the whole thing.

This might sound unrealistic or stupid, but it would kind of kick ass for some of Lockwoods men to try and “rescue” it, only for it to go badly wrong and it escape into the water. Leaving nothing for them to do but panic.

I imagine the Mosa is seen as a valuable creature. Only problem is I can’t see anywhere anyone would keep it.
Back to top Go down
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: Universal tried to cover up the Mosasaur escape   Universal tried to cover up the Mosasaur escape Icon_minitimeThu Feb 08, 2018 8:32 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT?!

LMAO It's getting funny.

If Mosasaurus get's released in that scene...My favorite character causing chaos all around, I love it.

Former JPL member, Spinosaur4.4.

Universal tried to cover up the Mosasaur escape LYHX0zA
Back to top Go down
IllOrfanato
Compsognathus
Compsognathus

PostSubject: Re: Universal tried to cover up the Mosasaur escape   Universal tried to cover up the Mosasaur escape Icon_minitimeFri Feb 09, 2018 5:48 am

I am wondering. If Mosa escapes then maybe we will see him during eruption scene. I mean dinos falling from the cliff would be the perfect dinner.
Back to top Go down
Dr. Wu
Veteran
Veteran
Dr. Wu

PostSubject: Re: Universal tried to cover up the Mosasaur escape   Universal tried to cover up the Mosasaur escape Icon_minitimeFri Feb 09, 2018 5:52 am

Rhedosaurus wrote:

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT?!

To me that sounds fun to watch.

Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: Universal tried to cover up the Mosasaur escape   Universal tried to cover up the Mosasaur escape Icon_minitimeFri Feb 09, 2018 2:07 pm

Perhaps the helicopter transporting Wu's research was hijacked by BioSyn agents, thus necessitating the need for more Indominus DNA.

Just a thought.

Back to top Go down
TyrannosaurTJ
Gallimimus
Gallimimus
TyrannosaurTJ

PostSubject: Re: Universal tried to cover up the Mosasaur escape   Universal tried to cover up the Mosasaur escape Icon_minitimeFri Feb 09, 2018 2:20 pm

Tyrant Lizard wrote:
Perhaps the helicopter transporting Wu's research was hijacked by BioSyn agents, thus necessitating the need for more Indominus DNA.

Just a thought.

Unfortunately I really don't ever see BioSyn becoming a big name in the film universe anymore. The opportunity and time to use it has come to a close, that's not to say I wouldn't love for that plot line to be used. I'm just not holding out hope at this point. Plus with the sexual abuse charges against Cameron Thor I know they're obviously going to have to recast him or give Dodgson's more murderous traits to a variety of other characters. There really wasn't much characterization shown in the first film except a creeping sense of paranoia and wanting to be cautious with the deal with Nedry. We didn't get the spiel with him thinking InGen was going to manufacture mini-dino pets like he did in the novel or even the company he represented in the films named.

"So you walk eternally through the shadow realms, standing against evil where all others falter. May your thirst for retribution never quench, may the blood on your sword never dry, and may we never need you again." - Corrax Entry 7:17
Back to top Go down
http://www.jurassic-pedia.com/
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: Universal tried to cover up the Mosasaur escape   Universal tried to cover up the Mosasaur escape Icon_minitimeFri Feb 09, 2018 9:51 pm

TyrannosaurTJ wrote:

Unfortunately I really don't ever see BioSyn becoming a big name in the film universe anymore. The opportunity and time to use it has come to a close, that's not to say I wouldn't love for that plot line to be used. I'm just not holding out hope at this point. Plus with the sexual abuse charges against Cameron Thor I know they're obviously going to have to recast him or give Dodgson's more murderous traits to a variety of other characters. There really wasn't much characterization shown in the first film except a creeping sense of paranoia and wanting to be cautious with the deal with Nedry. We didn't get the spiel with him thinking InGen was going to manufacture mini-dino pets like he did in the novel or even the company he represented in the films named.

Oh, I agree in that I don't think Universal will ever actually bring BioSyn into it. I'm more so bringing the idea up as a way to explain why Wu might need to to retrieve the Indominus DNA from the Mosasaur exhibit.

Really, it could be anything. Some sort of unnamed rival company. Maybe the helicopter transporting Wu's research runs into some of the escaped Pteras and goes down. Point is that there are ways to explain why Wu may have lost the Indominus DNA in the evacuation of JW.

Back to top Go down
Dr. Wu
Veteran
Veteran
Dr. Wu

PostSubject: Re: Universal tried to cover up the Mosasaur escape   Universal tried to cover up the Mosasaur escape Icon_minitimeSat Feb 10, 2018 4:36 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oNgLx0jwoLw

Maybe Wu isn't in the prologue.

Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: Universal tried to cover up the Mosasaur escape   Universal tried to cover up the Mosasaur escape Icon_minitimeSat Feb 10, 2018 1:37 pm

Dr. Wu wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oNgLx0jwoLw

Maybe Wu isn't in the prologue.

I would bet he is.

And I hope so, I wanna see him in action, showing he can be a badass too when he wants.

Back to top Go down
dance2nite
Sorna Velociraptor
Sorna Velociraptor
dance2nite

PostSubject: Re: Universal tried to cover up the Mosasaur escape   Universal tried to cover up the Mosasaur escape Icon_minitimeSat Feb 10, 2018 5:09 pm

Wu is in the opening scene as he filmed a scene inside a small submarine at Pinewood Studios.
Back to top Go down
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: Universal tried to cover up the Mosasaur escape   Universal tried to cover up the Mosasaur escape Icon_minitimeSat Feb 10, 2018 7:31 pm

dance2nite wrote:
Wu is in the opening scene as he filmed a scene inside a small submarine at Pinewood Studios.

OMG so he's in the submarine. I can't wait to see that scene, he's so fucking badass in doing so.

Back to top Go down
dance2nite
Sorna Velociraptor
Sorna Velociraptor
dance2nite

PostSubject: Re: Universal tried to cover up the Mosasaur escape   Universal tried to cover up the Mosasaur escape Icon_minitimeSun Feb 11, 2018 12:27 am

Spinosaur4.4 wrote:
dance2nite wrote:

OMG so he's in the submarine. I can't wait to see that scene, he's so fucking badass in doing so.

Apparently so! Razz
Back to top Go down
Dr. Wu
Veteran
Veteran
Dr. Wu

PostSubject: Re: Universal tried to cover up the Mosasaur escape   Universal tried to cover up the Mosasaur escape Icon_minitimeSun Feb 11, 2018 7:01 am

How do we know he filmed in the submarine? If he does then that's awesome but this is the first time I've heard about it.

Sorna Velociraptor
Sorna Velociraptor
dance2nite

PostSubject: Re: Universal tried to cover up the Mosasaur escape   Universal tried to cover up the Mosasaur escape Icon_minitimeSun Feb 11, 2018 4:53 pm

Dr. Wu wrote:
How do we know he filmed in the submarine? If he does then that's awesome but this is the first time I've heard about it.

Rumors from the set when they filmed last year at Pinewood, may not be 100% true or accurate though!
Back to top Go down
Six-Foot Turkey
Triceratops
Triceratops
Six-Foot Turkey

PostSubject: Re: Universal tried to cover up the Mosasaur escape   Universal tried to cover up the Mosasaur escape Icon_minitimeSun Feb 11, 2018 8:41 pm

Wu could've had all the DNA he took confiscated by officials, leaving him needing to go get more on the sly. Perhaps the Mosa tank had large tunnels running underneath it linking to the ocean.

You know what they could do now? A Mosasaurus spinoff movie like JAWS.

Universal tried to cover up the Mosasaur escape Giphy
Back to top Go down
TheDreamMaster
Administrator
Administrator
TheDreamMaster

PostSubject: Re: Universal tried to cover up the Mosasaur escape   Universal tried to cover up the Mosasaur escape Icon_minitimeWed Feb 21, 2018 9:57 am

Six-Foot Turkey wrote:
Wu could've had all the DNA he took confiscated by officials, leaving him needing to go get more on the sly. Perhaps the Mosa tank had large tunnels running underneath it linking to the ocean.

You know what they could do now? A Mosasaurus spinoff movie like JAWS.

I literally have said this a hundred times. Couple times back on JPL but it always got shot down for being too derivative.

"We'll use the Force."- Finn
 "That's not how the Force works!"- Han Solo
Back to top Go down
Levine
Veteran
Veteran
Levine

PostSubject: Re: Universal tried to cover up the Mosasaur escape   Universal tried to cover up the Mosasaur escape Icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2018 9:59 pm

Someone dun goofed. Razz

Theres obviously some sort of hidden connection to the ocean and the lagoon, perhaps opened up by the crushed observatory. The Mosasaur escapes from there.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Universal tried to cover up the Mosasaur escape   Universal tried to cover up the Mosasaur escape Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Universal tried to cover up the Mosasaur escape
Page 1 of 1