Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

How Would You Improve Jurassic Park III?

Go down 
+2
Herrerasaurus
The Malone Society
6 posters
AuthorMessage
The Malone Society
Pachycephalosaurus
Pachycephalosaurus
The Malone Society

How Would You Improve Jurassic Park III? Empty
PostSubject: How Would You Improve Jurassic Park III?   How Would You Improve Jurassic Park III? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2018 7:34 pm

A lot of Jurassic Park fans would agree that the third installment to the franchise is most likely the weakest and even if it did a few things right, it remains a lost opportunity could have been better and is one of the factors contributing to the series temporarily becoming extinct for over a decade until Jurassic World. I know some might disagree with me, but I'm not here to argue. Instead, I want to discuss... what would you change about the film we got? What do you think should have been different so you could get the great film you wanted it to be?
Back to top Go down
Herrerasaurus
Ankylosaurus
Ankylosaurus
Herrerasaurus

PostSubject: Re: How Would You Improve Jurassic Park III?   How Would You Improve Jurassic Park III? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2018 8:12 pm

make it a different island. I didn't like how different the island and the dinos looked compared to the previous film. have no Trex, so we don't have to deal with a fight that would only end with disappointment and add some dilos Smile
Back to top Go down
The Malone Society
Pachycephalosaurus
Pachycephalosaurus
The Malone Society

PostSubject: Re: How Would You Improve Jurassic Park III?   How Would You Improve Jurassic Park III? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2018 8:26 pm

Herrerasaurus wrote:
make it a different island. I didn't like how different the island and the dinos looked compared to the previous film. have no Trex, so we don't have to deal with a fight that would only end with disappointment and add some dilos Smile

Hmm... how would you explain the new island and what role would the dilos play, if I may ask?
Back to top Go down
Six-Foot Turkey
Triceratops
Triceratops
Six-Foot Turkey

PostSubject: Re: How Would You Improve Jurassic Park III?   How Would You Improve Jurassic Park III? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2018 10:22 pm

All I really wanted from JP3 was for it to expand the lore more than it did. Give us more on inGen. Make the Kirby's less annoying and have a human antagonist.
Back to top Go down
The Malone Society
Pachycephalosaurus
Pachycephalosaurus
The Malone Society

PostSubject: Re: How Would You Improve Jurassic Park III?   How Would You Improve Jurassic Park III? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2018 10:41 pm

Six-Foot Turkey wrote:
All I really wanted from JP3 was for it to expand the lore more than it did. Give us more on inGen. Make the Kirby's less annoying and have a human antagonist.

A human antagonist? Like Dodgson or some other agent of Biosyn?
Back to top Go down
Six-Foot Turkey
Triceratops
Triceratops
Six-Foot Turkey

PostSubject: Re: How Would You Improve Jurassic Park III?   How Would You Improve Jurassic Park III? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2018 10:43 pm

The Malone Society wrote:
Six-Foot Turkey wrote:

Yeah something like that. Someone with a more sinister motive to go against Grant and the Kirby's
Back to top Go down
The Malone Society
Pachycephalosaurus
Pachycephalosaurus
The Malone Society

PostSubject: Re: How Would You Improve Jurassic Park III?   How Would You Improve Jurassic Park III? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2018 11:00 pm

Six-Foot Turkey wrote:
Six-Foot Turkey wrote:

Yeah something like that. Someone with a more sinister motive to go against Grant and the Kirby's

I can see that. Maybe something like The Lost World novel, with Dodgson leading a team of poachers to illegally collect genetic dinosaur material and wanting to leave "no witnesses" of their criminal activities. Or somebody like Dodgson accompaning Grant and the Kirbys with ulterior motives.

I also once read an idea about making the Kirbys the villains, lying to Grant so they can collect samples of dinosaur DNA and sell it to Biosyn or other interested parties, eliminating Grant when he's outlived his usefulness as a guide.

There are even some theories that Billy was secretly working for Biosyn.
Back to top Go down
#TRexSpinorematch
Nublar Velociraptor
Nublar Velociraptor
#TRexSpinorematch

PostSubject: Re: How Would You Improve Jurassic Park III?   How Would You Improve Jurassic Park III? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2018 6:50 pm

Having Alan and Ellie not break up because that is kind of throwing the end of JP over the window.

Making Sorna look more like the one we see in TLW because I fully agree that it feels like we are on a different island.

Have a human villian so that the movie is not just a chase and run from the dinosaurs.

Among others.

https://www.facebook.com/Petition-to-have-a-T-Rex-Spinosaurus-rematch-in-Jurassic-World-2-194141920665797/
Back to top Go down
The Malone Society
Pachycephalosaurus
Pachycephalosaurus
The Malone Society

PostSubject: Re: How Would You Improve Jurassic Park III?   How Would You Improve Jurassic Park III? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2018 6:58 pm

#TRexSpinorematch wrote:
Having Alan and Ellie not break up because that is kind of throwing the end of JP over the window.

Making Sorna look more like the one we see in TLW because I fully agree that it feels like we are on a different island.

Have a human villian so that the movie is not just a chase and run from the dinosaurs.

Among others.

What type of human villain would you have liked?
Back to top Go down
CT-1138
Jurassic Mainframe News Team
Jurassic Mainframe News Team
CT-1138

PostSubject: Re: How Would You Improve Jurassic Park III?   How Would You Improve Jurassic Park III? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2018 2:55 am

-Returning to the Redwoods for principle photography. Northern California has a rich and varied setting, with plenty that Spielberg never filmed in. There's plenty of locations Johnson could have chose from that look like Isla Sorna of TLW, without then actually being the locations Spielberg filmed at, as these images show...
Spoiler:
I've even allowed my photos of the Redwoods to be used in professional paleoartist's background plates: https://frank-lode.deviantart.com/art/Juvenile-T-rex-in-the-forest-599105594

-Longer lab scene, with more exploration of the labs before the Raptor attack. This was a great part of the TLW novel, and I would have loved a better on screen transition.
-Replace the new Raptors with the ones from the first two movies. There's a bunch of day shots of the Raptors in this movie. I would have loved to have seen the TLW male Raptor in the daytime especially.
-Have Ellie married to Grant. It's their kid who ends up getting lost on Isla Sorna, so it would make more sense for both of them to go. The Kirbies and their annoyances get cut completely. Mr. Udesky becomes a safari guide there to lead the Grants through the jungle, not a travel guide. Billy's role remains the same.
-Make the Spino less monsterous, and make the reason the humans keep running into it more apparent.
-More info about the aviary. Not saying they have to make the whole scene expository, but more exploration of it would have been nice.
-Keep the extra bits deleted from the Spino VS T. rex fight so the fight seems less one sided.
-Cut the Ceratosaurus cameo. It was useless then, and has become even more so now.
-Billy stays dead.

http://abekowalski.deviantart.com/
#TRexSpinorematch
Nublar Velociraptor
Nublar Velociraptor
#TRexSpinorematch

PostSubject: Re: How Would You Improve Jurassic Park III?   How Would You Improve Jurassic Park III? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2018 5:15 am

Oh yeah I forgot about that. Paul and Amanda have to change in order to be more likable.
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: How Would You Improve Jurassic Park III?   How Would You Improve Jurassic Park III? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2018 8:25 am

1. Either no Spino vs. Rex fight at all or, if you're going to do it, then at least do 2 things

A. Put it at the end.

B. Make it an ambigous ending so that it's up to the viewer to see who wins.

2. Have the JP3 Spino kill Amanda Kirby.

3. Have them find out why the JP3 raptors look different compared to those of the last 2 movies.

4. Put in the old VX plot and modify it so that another company is trying to sabotage Sorna.

5. Explain the JP3 Spino as a T. rex/Spino hybrid. It was based on very little actual remains and a lot of guesswork. More then it should have been.

6. Like CT-1138 said, make Grant and Elle married and make the JP3 Spino more of an animal and less of a Godzilla knockoff.

7. Introduce at least one kind of feathered dinosaur. Oviraptor would be a good choice.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

If you're concerned about where this franchise is headed, then please join us.
Back to top Go down
The Malone Society
Pachycephalosaurus
Pachycephalosaurus
The Malone Society

PostSubject: Re: How Would You Improve Jurassic Park III?   How Would You Improve Jurassic Park III? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2018 12:12 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:
1. Either no Spino vs. Rex fight at all or, if you're going to do it, then at least do 2 things

A. Put it at the end.

3. Have them find out why the JP3 raptors look different compared to those of the last 2 movies.

4. Put in the old DX plot and modify it so that another company is trying to sabotage Sorna.

5. Explain the JP3 Spino as a T. rex/Spino hybrid. It was based on very little actual remains and a lot of guesswork. More then it should have been.

6. Like CT-1138 said, make Grant and Elle married and make the JP3 Spino more of an animal and less of a Godzilla knockoff.

7. Introduce at least one kind of feathered dinosaur. Oviraptor would be a good choice.

I'm guessing that the other company trying to sabotage Isla Sorna with DX is something like Biosyn?
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: How Would You Improve Jurassic Park III?   How Would You Improve Jurassic Park III? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2018 1:06 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:

A. Put it at the end.

4. Put in the old DX plot and modify it so that another company is trying to sabotage Sorna.

I'm guessing that the other company trying to sabotage Isla Sorna with DX is something like Biosyn?

Yes. That or a new company we haven't seen before.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

If you're concerned about where this franchise is headed, then please join us.
Back to top Go down
The Malone Society
Pachycephalosaurus
Pachycephalosaurus
The Malone Society

PostSubject: Re: How Would You Improve Jurassic Park III?   How Would You Improve Jurassic Park III? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2018 1:09 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:

A. Put it at the end.

Yes. That or a new company we haven't seen before.

What would be the motivation to wipe out the dinosaurs on Sorna though?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How Would You Improve Jurassic Park III?   How Would You Improve Jurassic Park III? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How Would You Improve Jurassic Park III?
Page 1 of 1