Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

Jurassic World Evolution Gameplay Videos (Members can post gameplay as well!)

Go down 
+10
Megaspino2
BoulderFaceplant
Gondrasia
V.a.nublarensis
•Caius•
Six-Foot Turkey
Bbrink1996
Tyrant Lizard
MrDNA
Spiegel
14 posters
AuthorMessage
Spiegel
Stegosaurus
Stegosaurus
Spiegel

Jurassic World Evolution Gameplay Videos (Members can post gameplay as well!) Empty
PostSubject: Jurassic World Evolution Gameplay Videos (Members can post gameplay as well!)   Jurassic World Evolution Gameplay Videos (Members can post gameplay as well!) Icon_minitimeThu Mar 29, 2018 9:16 am

Check this out as Gaming Beaver gets to play JWE!

MrDNA
Embryo
Embryo
MrDNA

Jurassic World Evolution Gameplay Videos (Members can post gameplay as well!) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World Evolution Gameplay Videos (Members can post gameplay as well!)   Jurassic World Evolution Gameplay Videos (Members can post gameplay as well!) Icon_minitimeThu Mar 29, 2018 10:11 am

I'm about halfway through. It looks great, seems they've kept a lot of things from Operation Genesis.
Back to top Go down
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World Evolution Gameplay Videos (Members can post gameplay as well!)   Jurassic World Evolution Gameplay Videos (Members can post gameplay as well!) Icon_minitimeThu Mar 29, 2018 10:46 am

Gonna watch now. On a side note, I absolute adore Beaver.

Jurassic World Evolution Gameplay Videos (Members can post gameplay as well!) Jpbann10
Back to top Go down
Bbrink1996
Hatchling
Hatchling
Bbrink1996

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World Evolution Gameplay Videos (Members can post gameplay as well!)   Jurassic World Evolution Gameplay Videos (Members can post gameplay as well!) Icon_minitimeThu Mar 29, 2018 4:33 pm

Good god, it looks so amazing! This really is going to be the best Jurassic Park game since JPOG and maybe even the best dinosaur game we have ever gotten!
Back to top Go down
Six-Foot Turkey
Triceratops
Triceratops
Six-Foot Turkey

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World Evolution Gameplay Videos (Members can post gameplay as well!)   Jurassic World Evolution Gameplay Videos (Members can post gameplay as well!) Icon_minitimeThu Mar 29, 2018 9:07 pm

I'm so massively disappointed in a few things:

- No day/night cycle
- Lack of guest interaction
- No view from visitor perspective
- the limitations on where on the islands you can build.
- the fact we can't place individual decorations and plants.
- The Dinosaurs will not chase you whilst driving an acu jeep.

No day/night cycle is a massive blow for me
Back to top Go down
•Caius•
Embryo
Embryo

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World Evolution Gameplay Videos (Members can post gameplay as well!)   Jurassic World Evolution Gameplay Videos (Members can post gameplay as well!) Icon_minitimeFri Mar 30, 2018 6:19 am

Maybe they can add it in as an option on a future patch, if there's enough demand for it.
Pretty sure there's still stuff subject to change and enhance regardless, still a good couple months away from release
Back to top Go down
V.a.nublarensis
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
V.a.nublarensis

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World Evolution Gameplay Videos (Members can post gameplay as well!)   Jurassic World Evolution Gameplay Videos (Members can post gameplay as well!) Icon_minitimeFri Mar 30, 2018 7:40 am

You can see nighttime in the pre-order trailer, though.
Back to top Go down
Gondrasia
Compsognathus
Compsognathus
Gondrasia

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World Evolution Gameplay Videos (Members can post gameplay as well!)   Jurassic World Evolution Gameplay Videos (Members can post gameplay as well!) Icon_minitimeFri Mar 30, 2018 8:16 am

V.a.nublarensis wrote:
That particular scene must be set on Isla Pena, the island description states that park operations take place at night.
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Six-Foot Turkey
Triceratops
Triceratops
Six-Foot Turkey

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World Evolution Gameplay Videos (Members can post gameplay as well!)   Jurassic World Evolution Gameplay Videos (Members can post gameplay as well!) Icon_minitimeFri Mar 30, 2018 9:59 am

V.a.nublarensis wrote:

Each island will have it's own time of day. Worst decision they've made for this game, imo.
Back to top Go down
Six-Foot Turkey
Triceratops
Triceratops
Six-Foot Turkey

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World Evolution Gameplay Videos (Members can post gameplay as well!)   Jurassic World Evolution Gameplay Videos (Members can post gameplay as well!) Icon_minitimeFri Mar 30, 2018 9:59 am

•Caius• wrote:
Maybe they can add it in as an option on a future patch, if there's enough demand for it.
Pretty sure there's still stuff subject to change and enhance regardless, still a good couple months away from release

I don't know, it sounded like they made their decision on purpose with the intent of giving each island its own flavour. Hope they change their minds.
Back to top Go down
MrDNA
Embryo
Embryo
MrDNA

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World Evolution Gameplay Videos (Members can post gameplay as well!)   Jurassic World Evolution Gameplay Videos (Members can post gameplay as well!) Icon_minitimeSat Mar 31, 2018 5:51 pm

Hmm interesting. I doubt adding a day/night cycle is impossible. If the game is popular enough, they're bound to do some post-launch updates.

This interview's great, it sounds like the game is gonna fill in a lot of gaps in the timeline.

He mentions an homage to Jurassic Park. I guess at some point in the story you go to Isla Nublar. Probably with a chunk of stuff missing since there'd be no visitors. I hope there's Jurassic Park-specific attractions as well, for use outside of the story.
Back to top Go down
BoulderFaceplant
Ceratosaurus
Ceratosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World Evolution Gameplay Videos (Members can post gameplay as well!)   Jurassic World Evolution Gameplay Videos (Members can post gameplay as well!) Icon_minitimeSat Mar 31, 2018 7:31 pm

Six-Foot Turkey wrote:
I'm so massively disappointed in a few things:

- No day/night cycle
- Lack of guest interaction
- No view from visitor perspective
- the limitations on where on the islands you can build.
- the fact we can't place individual decorations and plants.
- The Dinosaurs will not chase you whilst driving an acu jeep.

No day/night cycle is a massive blow for me

The lack of a day/night cycle is huge. Hopefully there will be one on Isla Nublar I want to add to the list of Criticisms:

- Guests behaving like ants, running away in organized lines, not having much variety, really just guests in general.
- Lack of control over camera angles when following dinosaurs. Really hope this one gets fixed because it’s basic and easy. I want a view from higher up.
- The new trailer showed part of a cool human-eating animation for the T. Rex. Well guess what? If we extrapolate from what I saw a ceratosaurus do twice in one of the gameplay videos, that’s the same human eating animation for all large Carnivores. Lame.
- Day-one DLC (a total of FIVE freaking dinosaurs for pre-orders only)
- No ability to change water depth
- ACU troops can’t be killed. That makes the reveal trailer kind of misleading and definitely misses out on a huge opportunity to inject some tension and risk into the game.
- No sexual dimorphism
- No dimorphism in general
- No breeding

Concerns:
- Can feeders seriously not be automatically refilled? Maybe I’m wrong.
- How do the console versions look and run?
- Can we paint buildings different colors?
- I’m not seeing any blood. Starting with TLW, every one of these movies has flirted with the R-rating, and JW:E should follow suit with as much blood as allowable for a T rating. If more blood means an M rating, then don’t do it. I wouldn’t have grown up with JPOG if it was M.

Praises:
- Gorgeous graphics
- Movie accuracy across the spectrum
- Smooth, realistic animations
- Ability to name your dinosaurs
- A huge wealth of skin options for each dinosaur
- Digsite variety and info
- The electrical power system. Way to bring in a crucial aspect of JP!
- Genetic tampering is kept to a minimum, but still there.
- The different “trees” you can focus on.
- Dinosaur AI seems to be solid. They glance at each other, get in fights, seize opportunities to escape, and generally feel very alive.
- Ian Malcolm
- Frontier’s boldness to make this an alternate JW sequel. So glad that both JP and JW have transpired before you start. It adds precedent and was the smartest way to go.
Back to top Go down
•Caius•
Embryo
Embryo

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World Evolution Gameplay Videos (Members can post gameplay as well!)   Jurassic World Evolution Gameplay Videos (Members can post gameplay as well!) Icon_minitimeSat Mar 31, 2018 10:04 pm

What we've seen is still only a development build, there will more than likely be some differences in the final release.
Console versions tend to look good regardless, so I wouldn't worry too much about that.
I believe Best In Slot mentioned in one of his recent videos that there will be blood so that answers that.
They still have time to tweak guest AI, the camera and animations.
I doubt we'll see the water get any deeper than is shown, I feel if we were to get anything water depth related, it'll be a DLC and possibly a seperate park with an underwater theme, somewhat like Jurassic Park Builder has.
I wouldn't have expected them to add male dinosaurs, let alone breeding when the intent is to make sure all dinosaurs are female, maybe they'll do a future patch to add male dinosaurs? I doubt breeding would make it in.
Likewise with the day/night cycle, if there's enough demand for it I can see Frontier making a patch to add in the option.
Back to top Go down
Megaspino2
Megaspino2

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World Evolution Gameplay Videos (Members can post gameplay as well!)   Jurassic World Evolution Gameplay Videos (Members can post gameplay as well!) Icon_minitimeSat Mar 31, 2018 10:34 pm

•Caius• wrote:
I wouldn't have expected them to add male dinosaurs, let alone breeding when the intent is to make sure all dinosaurs are female, maybe they'll do a future patch to add male dinosaurs? I doubt breeding would make it in.

They did show a green T.rex somewhere breaking out of a fence or something so maybe we'll see more males added in DLC.

If the game isn't moddable I would sincerely hope that they add some of the original movie skins in some where along the road (like the JP&TLW male and female raptors).

While the game looks great, there are some gripes about it that are probably going to be a bit offputting to us hardcore fans. No custom island terraforming (in fact, there seems to be very little in the way of altering the terrain at all which is sad), the day night cycle not being a thing and it generally seems a tiny bit hands off (kind of like the Zoo Tycoon reboot that they made).

I am also a little upset that they're pulling the whole "Preorder your copy now and get 5 exclusive dinos!", but this is the one game that I'll probably preorder especially if you won't be able to get the 5 dinos anyway else.
Back to top Go down
BoulderFaceplant
Ceratosaurus
Ceratosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World Evolution Gameplay Videos (Members can post gameplay as well!)   Jurassic World Evolution Gameplay Videos (Members can post gameplay as well!) Icon_minitimeSat Mar 31, 2018 10:49 pm

That green T. Rex is just a skin. There are 12 for each dinosaur, themed after different biomes. That in itself is impressive, and I suppose I actually prefer it to just a male and female with no extra skins.

Edit: Just saw a video with a ceratosaurus fighting a triceratops to the death. Worryingly, the Ceratosaurus won and killed it. Also worrying was the lack of any blood, not even meat when the Ceratosaurus was eating off its carcass.
Back to top Go down
•Caius•
Embryo
Embryo

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World Evolution Gameplay Videos (Members can post gameplay as well!)   Jurassic World Evolution Gameplay Videos (Members can post gameplay as well!) Icon_minitimeSun Apr 01, 2018 4:59 am

I never really pre-order or get special editions of any game but this'll porbably be the exception, kinda want all them dinos though I do wish it wasn't a thing.
I feel it's expected for them to use the movie skins, I'd be very surprised if they left them out for some reason.
I did mention to someone a while back it wouldn't surprise me if it came out a little like Zoo Tycoon did, still don't believe with seen the full extent of what we can do terraforming wise, would be a little weird to play a site B mode with no creative tools. Half the fun of playing in site B on JPOG to me was being able to create an environment and just letting the game take its course.
Back to top Go down
Gondrasia
Compsognathus
Compsognathus
Gondrasia

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World Evolution Gameplay Videos (Members can post gameplay as well!)   Jurassic World Evolution Gameplay Videos (Members can post gameplay as well!) Icon_minitimeSun Apr 01, 2018 8:03 am

In regards to the issue of blood, Jurassic World Evolution has received the PEGI 16 warning. At this level I expect that the game will deal heavily with death and injury to humans, should the dinosaurs escape from their paddock.
Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World Evolution Gameplay Videos (Members can post gameplay as well!)   Jurassic World Evolution Gameplay Videos (Members can post gameplay as well!) Icon_minitimeMon May 07, 2018 7:04 pm

Back to top Go down
Pokesaurus
Site Founder/Owner
Site Founder/Owner
Pokesaurus

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World Evolution Gameplay Videos (Members can post gameplay as well!)   Jurassic World Evolution Gameplay Videos (Members can post gameplay as well!) Icon_minitimeMon May 07, 2018 8:59 pm

I guess that's Corythosaurus confirmed!

"Creation, is an act of sheer will. Next time it'll be flawless"~ John Hammond, Founder/CEO of InGen
"Don't forget, a believing heart is your magic!"~ Shiny Chariot
Check out our Discord for the most up to date and active discussion!
Back to top Go down
http://jurassicmainframe.com
Bbrink1996
Hatchling
Hatchling
Bbrink1996

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World Evolution Gameplay Videos (Members can post gameplay as well!)   Jurassic World Evolution Gameplay Videos (Members can post gameplay as well!) Icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2018 4:26 am

Pokesaurus wrote:
I guess that's Corythosaurus confirmed!

And there is a new Stegosaur next to it as well! The list is in alphabetical order so it is most likely either Chungkingosaurus or Chialingosaurus.

Also, the Archaeornithomimus is also in the list so it seems with the dinosaur count will be 42 dinosaurs with the deluxe edition and 37 in the standard edition. The FK dinosaurs such as Baryonyx, Allosaurus and Carnotaurus are not seen in this list so it seems likely we will get them later in some sort of DLC.
Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World Evolution Gameplay Videos (Members can post gameplay as well!)   Jurassic World Evolution Gameplay Videos (Members can post gameplay as well!) Icon_minitimeSat Jun 02, 2018 11:18 am

Back to top Go down
Mr. Robustus
Compsognathus
Compsognathus
Mr. Robustus

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World Evolution Gameplay Videos (Members can post gameplay as well!)   Jurassic World Evolution Gameplay Videos (Members can post gameplay as well!) Icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2018 6:48 pm

Funny thing: got to 6:04 and pause there. The T. rex absolutely DWARFS the Spinosaurus.

Guess it's because they're using Rexy as reference, who is definitely bigger than JP III's Spinosaurus.

"Try to imagine yourself in the Late Quaternary. You get your first look at this six-foot Psittacosaurus as you enter a city. You stay still, because you think that maybe its visual acuity is based on movement. Maybe it's not all that bright. But no... not Homo sapiens. You stare at it, and it stares right back at you. And that's when it starts shooting you with this... THE GUN!" - Dr. Mongoliensis
Back to top Go down
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World Evolution Gameplay Videos (Members can post gameplay as well!)   Jurassic World Evolution Gameplay Videos (Members can post gameplay as well!) Icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2018 6:56 pm

Mr. Robustus wrote:

Funny thing: got to 6:04 and pause there. The T. rex absolutely DWARFS the Spinosaurus.

Guess it's because they're using Rexy as reference, who is definitely bigger than JP III's Spinosaurus.

I saw it too. Rexy is not that bigger than JP III Spinosaurus as far as I know. Spinosaurus is like 13 meters and Rexy is max 14 meters long. (Correct me if I'm wrong). They are not so faaaaar away from each other like the game wants to show.

This is Universal's doing, I could bet with all you guys here on this forum. People still whine about that petty fight and Universal keeps pushing bias against Spinosaurus.

I'm very  upset about this. I've been calling out Universal's bias since a long time and now they basically confirm it.

I wonder what they are going to do next, make Indominus smaller than Rexy too?

Overall the game is good for me and I'm liking the direction they are taking.

Former JPL member, Spinosaur4.4.

Jurassic World Evolution Gameplay Videos (Members can post gameplay as well!) LYHX0zA
Back to top Go down
Mr. Robustus
Compsognathus
Compsognathus
Mr. Robustus

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World Evolution Gameplay Videos (Members can post gameplay as well!)   Jurassic World Evolution Gameplay Videos (Members can post gameplay as well!) Icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2018 8:34 pm

Spinosaur4.4 wrote:
I saw it too. Rexy is not that bigger than JP III Spinosaurus as far as I know. Spinosaurus is like 13 meters and Rexy is max 14 meters long. (Correct me if I'm wrong). They are not so faaaaar away from each other like the game wants to show.

I don't know if there's a difference in length in the video, as far as I can tell, tell have the same overall length. Apparently Rexy's official length is 12 meters long, since that was the length of her animatronic in the first movie, and that's her length in her DPG chart.

As far as height goes, Rexy is definitely as tall or taller than JP III's Spinosaurus, depending on the source. In the first Jurassic Park, her animatronic was 6 meters tall at the hip, so I guess Frontier must be using the first T. rex as base. Her height was retconned in this new trilogy to 4,8-5 meters tall according to Jurassic World's size chart, which should be the same height as the Spinosaurus, according to JP III size chart.

"Try to imagine yourself in the Late Quaternary. You get your first look at this six-foot Psittacosaurus as you enter a city. You stay still, because you think that maybe its visual acuity is based on movement. Maybe it's not all that bright. But no... not Homo sapiens. You stare at it, and it stares right back at you. And that's when it starts shooting you with this... THE GUN!" - Dr. Mongoliensis
Back to top Go down
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World Evolution Gameplay Videos (Members can post gameplay as well!)   Jurassic World Evolution Gameplay Videos (Members can post gameplay as well!) Icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2018 12:13 am

Mr. Robustus wrote:
Spinosaur4.4 wrote:

I don't know if there's a difference in length in the video, as far as I can tell, tell have the same overall length. Apparently Rexy's official length is 12 meters long, since that was the length of her animatronic in the first movie, and that's her length in her DPG chart.

As far as height goes, Rexy is definitely as tall or taller than JP III's Spinosaurus, depending on the source. In the first Jurassic Park, her animatronic was 6 meters tall at the hip, so I guess Frontier must be using the first T. rex as base. Her height was retconned in this new trilogy to 4,8-5 meters tall according to Jurassic World's size chart, which should be the same height as the Spinosaurus, according to JP III size chart.

Yep, but don't you think it's very odd? I mean, IMO Spino is too small there...

IMO both should be the same size. Canon wise it would be better. I have no problem with T.rex being stronger and beating it in case they fight, but the size is very strange.

Seems like I'm not the only one who's upset about it. Reddit guys are mad over it and want Frontier to fix it: https://www.reddit.com/r/jurassicworldevo/comments/8olel3/spinosaurus_looks_puny_next_to_trex/

Kinda surprised, maybe it's not me nitpicking at all. Razz

Former JPL member, Spinosaur4.4.

Jurassic World Evolution Gameplay Videos (Members can post gameplay as well!) LYHX0zA
Back to top Go down
Bbrink1996
Hatchling
Hatchling
Bbrink1996

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World Evolution Gameplay Videos (Members can post gameplay as well!)   Jurassic World Evolution Gameplay Videos (Members can post gameplay as well!) Icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2018 7:33 am

Spinosaur4.4 wrote:
This is Universal's doing, I could bet with all you guys here on this forum. People still whine about that petty fight and Universal keeps pushing bias against Spinosaurus.

I'm very  upset about this. I've been calling out Universal's bias since a long time and now they basically confirm it.

While it is strange that the Spino seems so small, I highly doubt it is some conspiracy from Universal to push some anti-Spinosaurus agenda.

I swear, some of you guys on this forum really think the studios are out to get you or something Laughing
Back to top Go down
Mr. Robustus
Compsognathus
Compsognathus
Mr. Robustus

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World Evolution Gameplay Videos (Members can post gameplay as well!)   Jurassic World Evolution Gameplay Videos (Members can post gameplay as well!) Icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2018 11:03 am

Spinosaur4.4 wrote:
Yep, but don't you think it's very odd? I mean, IMO Spino is too small there...

Oh, yeah, definitely. I am a Rexy fanboy through and through, and even I can admit that is a really strange creative choice.

I remember in that IGN video about the making of the T. rex where we got our first proper in-game footage of the T. rex, I looked at the footage of it inside of its pen and thought to myself "Is it just me, is it the perspective, or is that T. rex humongous?"

I'm kind of curious to see how big it is compared to the non-Brachiosaurus sauropods though, like Camarasaurus, Apatosaurus and Diplodocus. If it is 6 m tall at the hip, then it should be almost as tall as the Camarasaurus, and taller than Apatosaurus and Diplodocus. That would make it the third/fourth tallest creature in the game (I assume the Indominus rex will be slightly taller)

Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World Evolution Gameplay Videos (Members can post gameplay as well!)   Jurassic World Evolution Gameplay Videos (Members can post gameplay as well!) Icon_minitimeSun Jul 15, 2018 1:48 pm

So I tried building a park, and it went bankrupt in the first 5 minutes because I focused more on the dinosaurs than I did bathrooms and food stands lol. So there's a redo somewhere in the video!

Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World Evolution Gameplay Videos (Members can post gameplay as well!)   Jurassic World Evolution Gameplay Videos (Members can post gameplay as well!) Icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2019 7:21 am

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World Evolution Gameplay Videos (Members can post gameplay as well!)   Jurassic World Evolution Gameplay Videos (Members can post gameplay as well!) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Jurassic World Evolution Gameplay Videos (Members can post gameplay as well!)
Page 1 of 1