Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

Is anybody worried about the franchise future?

Go down 
+24
Spiegel
Oviraptor
Dilophosaurus
lblanc
TyrannosaurTJ
1morey
Mr. Robustus
doyouthinkhesaurus
Six-Foot Turkey
Bbrink1996
BarrytheOnyx
BoulderFaceplant
Sickle_Claw
Dead2009
Spinosaur4.4
Rhedosaurus
Deinonychus
#TRexSpinorematch
Megatron
Frills n Thrills
Tyrant Lizard
Troyal1
Physalisfresser
TheDreamMaster
28 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
TheDreamMaster
Administrator
Administrator
TheDreamMaster

Is anybody worried about the franchise future?  Empty
PostSubject: Is anybody worried about the franchise future?    Is anybody worried about the franchise future?  Icon_minitimeThu Apr 19, 2018 5:19 pm

*SPOILERS*

So this actually doesn’t have anything to do with Trevorrow returning, or that the next film may be the final film in the franchise (or rights may be sold/transferred/etc.). This actually has to do with a line in the trailer. “We can only save 11 species.”

So while it may be interesting to do a smaller scale film, with marketing materials potentially telling us Sorna has been ravaged, the next film may only have 11 species or less. Rexy is old, and without the Sorna Rex family she may well die off by the third film. Blue is supposedly last of her kind, and so far, we aren’t sure she’s getting out alive. Where did the Sorna raptors go? Did they die off because a lot of their prey was taken? And while some may welcome it as fresh, that’s potential for two missing JP staples come next film.

Following this, as much as I am a fan of Chaos Effect and the Hybrid Toys, I don’t want a straight JP monster movie. A single or a couple are ok for the story, in the films we have/ are about to get. However, I still want real, or at least generally close to real dinosaurs in my JP films.

Just some thoughts, what do you guys think?
Back to top Go down
Physalisfresser
Hatchling
Hatchling
Physalisfresser

PostSubject: Re: Is anybody worried about the franchise future?    Is anybody worried about the franchise future?  Icon_minitimeThu Apr 19, 2018 5:30 pm

TheDreamMaster wrote:
*SPOILERS*

Following this, as much as I am a fan of Chaos Effect and the Hybrid Toys, I don’t want a straight JP monster movie. A single or a couple are ok for the story, in the films we have/ are about to get. However, I still want real, or at least generally close to real dinosaurs in my JP films.

This is basically what I was already worried about when I heard about Indominus the first time, with a second hybrid I think this kinda what the Franchise is going for.
Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: Is anybody worried about the franchise future?    Is anybody worried about the franchise future?  Icon_minitimeThu Apr 19, 2018 6:28 pm

I'm hoping we see rival companies making more species.

Otherwise Rip Dilo

Also why are some of the animals that were shown to be in Nublar in the last film not running in the stampede? Did they die out?
Back to top Go down
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: Is anybody worried about the franchise future?    Is anybody worried about the franchise future?  Icon_minitimeThu Apr 19, 2018 6:52 pm

TheDreamMaster wrote:
*SPOILERS*

So this actually doesn’t have anything to do with Trevorrow returning, or that the next film may be the final film in the franchise (or rights may be sold/transferred/etc.). This actually has to do with a line in the trailer. “We can only save 11 species.”

So while it may be interesting to do a smaller scale film, with marketing materials potentially telling us Sorna has been ravaged, the next film may only have 11 species or less. Rexy is old, and without the Sorna Rex family she may well die off by the third film. Blue is supposedly last of her kind, and so far, we aren’t sure she’s getting out alive. Where did the Sorna raptors go? Did they die off because a lot of their prey was taken? And while some may welcome it as fresh, that’s potential for two missing JP staples come next film.

While I'll certainly be beyond disappointed if the Rex and Raptors are no-shows in the third film, I'm not overly worried going forward. The technology to create dinosaurs still exists, and it was implied in JW that the ability to create dinosaurs is going to spread and become more easily accessible as time goes on. That's why I'm not overly concerned with Sorna's population being wiped out. As long as the technology exists, the door is always open. Sorna could easily be repopulated if the writers see fit to do so. However, if this series of films wraps up the way I hope it does (with dinosaurs integrating themselves into ecosystems over the world), Sorna and Nublar would basically be rendered moot anyways.

As far as the hybrids role in these films going forward is concerned, I really don't think that anybody as deep into the franchise as Trevorrow would seriously consider straight up replacing iconic dinosaurs like the Tyrannosaurus of Velociraptor with fictional hybrids. I see them as plot points. Nothing more, nothing less.

Is anybody worried about the franchise future?  Jpbann10
Back to top Go down
Frills n Thrills
Embryo
Embryo

PostSubject: Re: Is anybody worried about the franchise future?    Is anybody worried about the franchise future?  Icon_minitimeThu Apr 19, 2018 7:15 pm

I am concerned for Rexy. Part of me thinks she might not be as old as we think she is though. She is a genetically modified animal, and she has been in captivity for a sizeable chunk of her life. She looked iffy last time, (possibly underfed), and stiff, but now she pretty much looks much more like her old self. On the other hand, the 'Fallen Kingdom' subtitle makes me fear for her. When kingdoms fall, their rulers often die. On the other, other hand, I can't really imagine a Jurassic movie without a T-rex (it's in the friggin' logo, aside from JP ///, but we saw how that went over). It's like Pokemon without Pikachu. She's all over the marketing, and is having tons of great toys of her royal likeness pumped out as we speak. This leads me to believe she'll at least make it to the last film, or that she really isn't the last of her kind. Besides, how cruel would it be to watch her die as the iconic film that made her a legend is celebrating its 25th anniversary. It's bad enough that we're apparently about to lose beloved Jurassic Classics like Dilophosaurus and Brachiosaurus.

I don't buy what the DPG is spouting about Sorna and the rest of the Five Deaths, simply because one of the central themes of the Jurassic franchise, even from the first novel, has been 'life finding a way'. The dinosaurs thrive where no one expects them to, and pop up in places you thought there were none, due to unforeseen circumstances. Even if the big guys on Sorna are gone, the little ones, -the compies, the Dilos, the raptors, can easily slip under the radar. Chaos, and all that.

Wow, that was a long comment. Thank you for reading my blog.
Back to top Go down
Megatron
Embryo
Embryo
Megatron

PostSubject: Re: Is anybody worried about the franchise future?    Is anybody worried about the franchise future?  Icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2018 1:17 am

I just can't see them replacing the Rex and the raptor. They already tried that shit in JP3 and it failed miserably. I doubt Trevorrow and Universal are stupid enough to try it again, especially with dinosaurs that didn't even exist.
Back to top Go down
#TRexSpinorematch
Nublar Velociraptor
Nublar Velociraptor
#TRexSpinorematch

PostSubject: Re: Is anybody worried about the franchise future?    Is anybody worried about the franchise future?  Icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2018 5:06 am

Well as a huge fan of The Lost World (probably my favorite film)...

At this point it is not so much that I am worried more like I am not that interested anymore since everything seems to point out to them trying to make The Lost World irrelevant.

That and I was never really that into the whole badass hybrids thing. I understand that they repeated the same formula of a badass hybrid since it made a lot of money but still. It just seems too similar to Jurassic World to me.

https://www.facebook.com/Petition-to-have-a-T-Rex-Spinosaurus-rematch-in-Jurassic-World-2-194141920665797/
Back to top Go down
Deinonychus
Embryo
Embryo

PostSubject: Re: Is anybody worried about the franchise future?    Is anybody worried about the franchise future?  Icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2018 12:04 pm

I needed a place to vent my thoughts after seeing the final trailer, and this looks like as good a place as any to do it.

I have a lot of thoughts concerning Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom and the direction Trevorrow has taken/is taking the franchise.

The first point is that it seems obvious he's disregarding The Lost World: Jurassic Park and Jurassic Park III. By that I don't mean he's excluding them from canon, but he's simply ignoring them, probably having something to do with the fact that he's definitely not a Jurassic Park fan like we all are and clearly didn't know where to start with all the material he was given the reins to. It seems to me like he threw up his hands and only bothered to source material from the original Jurassic Park.

The second point is that I do not consider any information available on the promotional websites to be valid. My case in point is when Trevorrow stated the differences between Julius Csotonyi's Baryonyx on the original Jurassic World website versus the Baryonyx in the new movie, "That was was just a drawing. This one's real." What that says to me is that Trevorrow clearly has no regard for any of the information provided on the promotional websites and could very well retcon everything on the websites in Jurassic World 3; as in, according to the Dinosaur Protection Group, all of Isla Sorna's dinosaurs were either moved to Jurassic World on Isla Nublar or are otherwise extinct. Who's to say that Trevorrow won't ignore that entirely? Don't get me wrong, I am actually very upset over Isla Sorna being written off like this and would actually be very happy if Trevorrow featured it in Jurassic World 3 anyway, but my point is that all of the information on the promotional websites should be taken with a microscopic grain of salt because it could all be rendered invalid depending on how the Jurassic World 3 plot is written.

My third point is that with the ignorance of Jurassic Park's first two sequels, it is upsetting how much Trevorrow is disregarding. I will be very disappointed if by Jurassic World 3 we don't get to see either the Dilophosaurus or Spinosaurus again. They are both such iconic characters in the franchise, and one cameo appearance of Dilophosaurus in a holograph is simply not satisfactory for patient fans. It's been a long time since I've been heavily involved with the Jurassic Park fan community, so I don't know if the Spinosaurus vs. Tyrannosaurus debate is still as toxic these days as it used to be, but I think a lot of Jurassic Park fans (including myself) have actually grown quite fond of the Jurassic Park III Spinosaurus and would be very disappointed if it was simply written off as seems to be happening.

My fourth point is that the Jurassic World trilogy simply lacks the same creative integrity that the Jurassic Park trilogy had. Regardless of scientific accuracy, all of the creatures in the first three films were iconic and beautiful in their own right. They had very good design teams working on them. My case in point is the Jurassic Park III Pteranodon versus the Jurassic World Pteranodon. The creative differences are obvious. It is evident that a lot of research went into making the Jurassic Park III Pteranodon look and feel like real animals, but the Jurassic World Pteranodon look like very lazy designs, with odd wing structures and ugly faces. Furthermore, something is seriously off about the Jurassic World raptors as well as the T. rex. The raptors are a lot chunkier and less-defined than either of the two raptor breeds featured in the original trilogy, and Rexy--supposedly the same individual from the original Jurassic Park--is anatomically inconsistent with the Jurassic Park rex, especially in her facial features. They simply cannot be the same animal, even though canonically they're supposed to be.

Ultimately, yes, I am very worried about the franchise future. Trevorrow is not a Jurassic Park fan who knows the film canon inside and out, and it's really showing. He's ignoring Jurassic Park's two sequels because it's easier for him to source material from one movie instead of three. Jurassic World was basically a remake of Jurassic Park rather than a proper sequel, and even worse, Trevorrow recently hinted at Jurassic World 3 being similar in tone to the original Jurassic Park. What is that supposed to mean? Didn't he already try to do that with the first Jurassic World? Is his idea of a sequel trilogy remaking the original film multiple times and hoping the audience doesn't notice?

I'm not saying I hate everything about Jurassic World. There are some things I actually really like about it. Both Jurassic World and Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom are reviving themes present in the controversial John Sayle's Jurassic Park IV script such as hybrid dinosaurs, dinosaurs being bred for the military, and dinosaurs being taken off the island by a private organization for shady purposes. It is very interesting seeing many of those themes coming to life in Trevorrow's trilogy. The Jurassic World trilogy is the same Jurassic Park IV that was always planned, and it's just really cool to see. I also appreciate some of the issues that Jurassic World addressed, such as Dr. Wu stating that none of Jurassic Park's dinosaurs had ever been real animals; that he'd always been creating hybrid monsters for show. And as ridiculous as it was, the end fight scene in Jurassic World was still jaw-dropping the first time I saw it. Jurassic World more or less felt like it was written by a five-year-old, but a five-year-old who at least knows how to write cool action scenes.
Back to top Go down
https://avant-garde-book.weebly.com/
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Is anybody worried about the franchise future?    Is anybody worried about the franchise future?  Icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2018 12:35 pm

I see this franchise as doomed. Between Universal having a tendency to run their IP's into the ground and Spielberg not letting this franchise grow and expanding-which is a big no-no in this post-Avengers era, I see this franchise as a lost cause. Unless Disney gets the rights after Universal's contract is done-the 6th movie is their final movie and the rights go back to the Crichton estate-then the only way how my mind can be changed is if they replace Spielberg and get a Kevin Fiege figure. Just because this franchise is more grounded in reality then most doesn't mean that you can't do more to expand it.

1. A cartoon series that connects the original trilogy with this new one. Basically, a JP version of Star Wars: Rebels. It would be far more concrete then these sites. With a finished cartoon, it's done, it's made, it can't be changed. But with a finished site, it can still be changed with relative ease at a whim.

2. A movie that deals with another company cloning dinosaurs in the Congo Basin and other parts of the world where dinosaurs are supposed to exist. (Mokele-Mbembe).

I don't think rebooting the franchise outright can work since many fans are thinking "Why should we trust you when you didn't handle the original franchise with respect since TLW?" Yes, I truly think that the 6th movie will involve all the dinosaurs going extinct and then making a new franchise. But I don't think it will be as successful like people think.

I really don't like where this is headed. Since JP3, everything was dumbed down to accomidate the lowest common demonenator, the canon has been screwed around on whims because "LOL, reasons", it's not getting bigger or smarter. I was willing to lower my standards for JW, only because my main one was to wash out the bad taste JP3 shoved in my mouth. I expected much more from this movie and this franchise after JW.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

If you're concerned about where this franchise is headed, then please join us.

Last edited by Rhedosaurus on Fri Apr 20, 2018 2:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: Is anybody worried about the franchise future?    Is anybody worried about the franchise future?  Icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2018 1:05 pm

Tyrant Lizard wrote:
TheDreamMaster wrote:
*SPOILERS*

While I'll certainly be beyond disappointed if the Rex and Raptors are no-shows in the third film, I'm not overly worried going forward. The technology to create dinosaurs still exists, and it was implied in JW that the ability to create dinosaurs is going to spread and become more easily accessible as time goes on. That's why I'm not overly concerned with Sorna's population being wiped out. As long as the technology exists, the door is always open. Sorna could easily be repopulated if the writers see fit to do so. However, if this series of films wraps up the way I hope it does (with dinosaurs integrating themselves into ecosystems over the world), Sorna and Nublar would basically be rendered moot anyways.

As far as the hybrids role in these films going forward is concerned, I really don't think that anybody as deep into the franchise as Trevorrow would seriously consider straight up replacing iconic dinosaurs like the Tyrannosaurus of Velociraptor with fictional hybrids. I see them as plot points. Nothing more, nothing less.

Personally I'm not worried if T.rex and Velociraptor don't appear at all. They had 5 movies for them. I would glady trade them for any exotic theropod, I do hope they bring in more exotic species in the next movie. If Wu survives, nothing stops him from cloning other dinosaurs too.

Former JPL member, Spinosaur4.4.

Is anybody worried about the franchise future?  LYHX0zA
Back to top Go down
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: Is anybody worried about the franchise future?    Is anybody worried about the franchise future?  Icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2018 2:00 pm

Megatron wrote:
I just can't see them replacing the Rex and the raptor. They already tried that shit in JP3 and it failed miserably. I doubt Trevorrow and Universal are stupid enough to try it again, especially with dinosaurs that didn't even exist.

Same here. From a marketing standpoint, it would be suicide.

Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: Is anybody worried about the franchise future?    Is anybody worried about the franchise future?  Icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2018 10:33 pm

I think everyone needs to calm down a bit. We don’t know how Fallen kingdom will be. I’m not happy at all really about the handling of Sorna and I’m pissed about the Dilo. Really mad about that part. And I really don’t like Colin coming back for the third film.

But at this point what can we actually do? I don’t mean to sound condescending but the general audience really does not care or even remember Sorna in my honest opinion.

I just don’t know what to tell people I guess. It’s the hand we’ve been dealt(good or bad)and I’ve been trying to take it one movie at a time. I think Fallen kingdom looks like it could be a really great JP movie from what I have seen.

Not everyone has to think my way but that’s my thought process right now.
Back to top Go down
#TRexSpinorematch
Nublar Velociraptor
Nublar Velociraptor
#TRexSpinorematch

PostSubject: Re: Is anybody worried about the franchise future?    Is anybody worried about the franchise future?  Icon_minitimeSun Apr 22, 2018 5:36 am

Troyal1 wrote:
I think everyone needs to calm down a bit. We don’t know how Fallen kingdom will be. I’m not happy at all really about the handling of Sorna and I’m pissed about the Dilo. Really mad about that part. And I really don’t like Colin coming back for the third film.

But at this point what can we actually do? I don’t mean to sound condescending but the general audience really does not care or even remember Sorna in my honest opinion.

I just don’t know what to tell people I guess. It’s the hand we’ve been dealt(good or bad)and I’ve been trying to take it one movie at a time. I think Fallen kingdom looks like it could be a really great JP movie from what I have seen.

Not everyone has to think my way but that’s my thought process right now.

I get what you are saying but at this point these recent trailers seem to reveal way too much of the plot of the movie. We also have a lot of info from the tie in websites. So unless there is some sort of huge plot twist at the end or some major secret kept that could alter the context in a major way, we have a pretty good idea about where we are going at this point.

So at this point it is not about us having to wait and see. If this was November of 2017 I could understand fans telling others to wait untill we know more, but not now.

And everyone has to understand that we are not saying Fallen Kingdom will be a bad movie or that it will be a flop in the box office. We are only saying that at this point Universal has given us a clear signal about what their goal is; Make fun adventure movies for the casual moviegoer while not paying that much attention to the hardcore fans wishes.

https://www.facebook.com/Petition-to-have-a-T-Rex-Spinosaurus-rematch-in-Jurassic-World-2-194141920665797/
Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: Is anybody worried about the franchise future?    Is anybody worried about the franchise future?  Icon_minitimeSun Apr 22, 2018 10:46 am

If you honestly think movie studios arent making movies for the casual audience, you havent been paying attention to how any of this works. Hardcore fanbases are and always will be the vocal minority.

Back to top Go down
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: Is anybody worried about the franchise future?    Is anybody worried about the franchise future?  Icon_minitimeSun Apr 22, 2018 11:46 am

Dead2009 wrote:
If you honestly think movie studios arent making movies for the casual audience, you havent been paying attention to how any of this works. Hardcore fanbases are and always will be the vocal minority.

Especially our hardcore base, which is admittedly small when compared with the hardcore base of Marvel, Star Wars or even DC. Expecting Universal to cater exclusively to us, a comparatively tiny group of hardcore fans, is pretty naive.

Back to top Go down
#TRexSpinorematch
Nublar Velociraptor
Nublar Velociraptor
#TRexSpinorematch

PostSubject: Re: Is anybody worried about the franchise future?    Is anybody worried about the franchise future?  Icon_minitimeSun Apr 22, 2018 9:20 pm

While the hardcore Jurassic fanbase is not as big as Star Wars, it is not exactly tiny either. Millions of people around the world are very interested in the subject of dinosaurs and millions of children grew up at the peak of dinosaur fever in the 1990's. So Jurassic Park is not exactly a cult film either.

By the way... Why does it have to be one extreme or the other. Universal can try to please the general public while also listening to the hardcore fanbase wishes.

Back to top Go down
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: Is anybody worried about the franchise future?    Is anybody worried about the franchise future?  Icon_minitimeSun Apr 22, 2018 9:32 pm

#TRexSpinorematch wrote:
While the hardcore Jurassic fanbase is not as big as Star Wars, it is not exactly tiny either. Millions of people around the world are very interested in the subject of dinosaurs and millions of children grew up at the peak of dinosaur fever in the 1990's. So Jurassic Park is not exactly a cult film either.

Our hardcore fanbase is comparatively small, and those in the fanbase seemingly want different things, as evidenced by the Rex vs Spino debates, the arguments over the implementation of hybrids, the arguments over whether old characters should return, etc etc etc... I certainly wouldn't be so arrogant as to assume that my own personal wants for the franchise going forward are representative of the fandom as a whole.

#TRexSpinorematch wrote:
By the way... Why does it have to be one extreme or the other. Universal can try to please the general public while also listening to the hardcore fanbase wishes.

Kinda seems like that's what they're trying to do.

Back to top Go down
#TRexSpinorematch
Nublar Velociraptor
Nublar Velociraptor
#TRexSpinorematch

PostSubject: Re: Is anybody worried about the franchise future?    Is anybody worried about the franchise future?  Icon_minitimeSun Apr 22, 2018 10:00 pm

I never said that the entire hardcore fanbase agrees on everything. Neither have I ever said that my wishes represent everybody.

I am only saying that many in the hardcore fanbase does seem to agree on a number of wishes for many years and Universal keeps ignoring them.

Back to top Go down
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: Is anybody worried about the franchise future?    Is anybody worried about the franchise future?  Icon_minitimeSun Apr 22, 2018 10:21 pm

#TRexSpinorematch wrote:
I never said that the entire hardcore fanbase agrees on everything. Neither have I ever said that my wishes  represent everybody.

I am only saying that many in the hardcore fanbase does seem to agree on a number of wishes for many years and Universal keeps ignoring them.

Like a Rex vs Spino rematch?

At the end of the day, every creative decision that they make is part of a larger narrative that Trevorrow and co are trying to tell, and on a personal level, I feel as though they should have the freedom to tell the story they want to tell without succumbing to the pressure being put on them by a relatively small and inconsequential group of hardcore fans. For all we know, leaving Sorna as a thriving ecosystem could end up compromising the story they're trying to tell in a pretty significant way. Maybe not. The point is that we don't know, and we won't know if they backtrack on the creative decisions they've made thus far or shoehorn in a bunch of stuff just to appease a vocal minority.

Back to top Go down
#TRexSpinorematch
Nublar Velociraptor
Nublar Velociraptor
#TRexSpinorematch

PostSubject: Re: Is anybody worried about the franchise future?    Is anybody worried about the franchise future?  Icon_minitimeMon Apr 23, 2018 12:15 am

Im not getting into the topic of the Rex Spino rematch. Not derailing the thread for that. There is a thread for that topic.

When I say wishes from the hardcore fanbase I am also talking about the Dilophosaurus for example among others.

But on the topic of Sorna I really disagree with this idea that nobody knows or cares about Isla Sorna. Most general audience people I see are very aware that there were 2 islands with dinosaurs.

And neither TLW or JP3 are hated because of Isla Sorna. They are usually hated on for other reasons. So it is not like it's only a tiny microscopic minority that cares for Sorna. There are very very few fans that actually don't care for Sorna at all.
Back to top Go down
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: Is anybody worried about the franchise future?    Is anybody worried about the franchise future?  Icon_minitimeMon Apr 23, 2018 2:18 am

And yet for all of this back and forth on Sorna...the latest entertainment weekly spilled the outline of the plot. The animals were supposed to be taken to a sanctuary in America. Thats what Claire agreed to. No mention of Sorna at all.

http://ew.com/movies/2018/04/18/jurassic-world-fallen-kingdom-half-diaster-half-horror/?utm_campaign=entertainmentweekly&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=social

If this is what everyone has been arguing about the past 2 pages, I apologize. But yeah. the plan is and always was with the DPG/ Lockwood agreement to take them to Sanctuary.

Nublar Velociraptor
Nublar Velociraptor
#TRexSpinorematch

PostSubject: Re: Is anybody worried about the franchise future?    Is anybody worried about the franchise future?  Icon_minitimeMon Apr 23, 2018 2:55 am

So it is safe to say we are not getting a glimpse of Sorna in this one unless there is a major surprise at the end?

Back to top Go down
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: Is anybody worried about the franchise future?    Is anybody worried about the franchise future?  Icon_minitimeMon Apr 23, 2018 10:54 am

#TRexSpinorematch wrote:
Im not getting into the topic of the Rex Spino rematch. Not derailing the thread for that. There is a thread for that topic.

When I say wishes from the hardcore fanbase I am also talking about the Dilophosaurus for example among others.

But on the topic of Sorna I really disagree with this idea that nobody knows or cares about Isla Sorna. Most general audience people I see are very aware that there were 2 islands with dinosaurs.

And neither TLW or JP3 are hated because of Isla Sorna. They are usually hated on for other reasons. So it is not like it's only a tiny microscopic minority that cares for Sorna. There are very very few fans that actually don't care for Sorna at all.

Let me ask you this....If Sorna existing within the canon as a thriving ecosystem in some way compromises the story that they're trying to tell, would you rather they backtrack on the current state of Sorna, bringing it back to the state it was when we last saw it in JP3, and compromise the story that Trevorrow and co are trying to tell, or would you rather they have the freedom to tell their story, undiluted and without compromise?

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Is anybody worried about the franchise future?    Is anybody worried about the franchise future?  Icon_minitimeMon Apr 23, 2018 11:09 am

Tyrant Lizard wrote:
#TRexSpinorematch wrote:

Let me ask you this....If Sorna existing within the canon as a thriving ecosystem in some way compromises the story that they're trying to tell, would you rather they backtrack on the current state of Sorna, bringing it back to the state it was when we last saw it in JP3, and compromise the story that Trevorrow and co are trying to tell, or would you rather they have the freedom to tell their story, undiluted and without compromise?

Would you settle for a compromise where the Sorna population is wiped out but the dinosaurs on the other islands are still protected but, for reasons-government intervention that bans them from putting the Nublar dinosaurs onto them-that Uni, Trev, and Spielberg can tell their story?

It's just that their plan is so murky compared to other franchises-the MCU, Star Wars, and even the DCEU, that many of us just have no clue where they are going. I really don't want to be a total fanboy, but at the same time, is it too much to ask for some clues where this franchise is going? Because I don't see that many.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

Back to top Go down
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: Is anybody worried about the franchise future?    Is anybody worried about the franchise future?  Icon_minitimeMon Apr 23, 2018 11:22 am

Rhedosaurus wrote:

It's just that their plan is so murky compared to other franchises-the MCU, Star Wars, and even the DCEU, that many of us just have no clue where they are going. I really don't want to be a total fanboy, but at the same time, is it too much to ask for some clues where this franchise is going? Because I don't see that many.

That's kind of what I like about it though. That the future is unpredictable and can go in any number of directions. To me, that's pretty damn exciting, and what makes it better is that it opens the door more all sorts of speculation. I honestly prefer that to a Marvel type situation where you know exactly what's going to happen and how long it's going to take to get there.

Back to top Go down
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: Is anybody worried about the franchise future?    Is anybody worried about the franchise future?  Icon_minitimeMon Apr 23, 2018 12:24 pm

#TRexSpinorematch wrote:
So it is safe to say we are not getting a glimpse of Sorna in this one unless there is a major surprise at the end?

At this point some people are speculating that the mosasaur scene with the surfers is the end scene.

Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Is anybody worried about the franchise future?    Is anybody worried about the franchise future?  Icon_minitimeMon Apr 23, 2018 1:35 pm

Tyrant Lizard wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:

That's kind of what I like about it though. That the future is unpredictable and can go in any number of directions. To me, that's pretty damn exciting, and what makes it better is that it opens the door more all sorts of speculation. I honestly prefer that to a Marvel type situation where you know exactly what's going to happen and how long it's going to take to get there.

Here's the problem, though. For many old school fans, JW was only marginally better then JP3 and not much of an improvement. Even many fans who like the movie admit that it should have been better/slightly smarter. In other words, if JW had managed to united the fanbase, or at least unite enough of them to form a convincing consensus and managed to bring enough good will, then that would be one thing.

But with the movie dividing the fanbase and how recent events have turned the divide into a canyon...ehh...That's a hard sell for many people. If the MCU tried that for a while, then they can get away with it since they have built up enough goodwill from the fans, GA, and critics. This franchise hasn't done nearly enough of that.

Back to top Go down
Deinonychus
Embryo
Embryo

PostSubject: Re: Is anybody worried about the franchise future?    Is anybody worried about the franchise future?  Icon_minitimeMon Apr 23, 2018 3:04 pm

I recently heard that when Colin Trevorrow took the reins to the franchise he hired a team of Jurassic Park fans to devise the lore for his new trilogy. Does anyone know if this is true?
Back to top Go down
https://avant-garde-book.weebly.com/
BoulderFaceplant
Ceratosaurus
Ceratosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Is anybody worried about the franchise future?    Is anybody worried about the franchise future?  Icon_minitimeMon Apr 23, 2018 4:35 pm

Here’s what I think is going to happen in FK.

Owen and co are going to corner the main villain and demand answers. He’s going to reveal that other companies are already making dinosaurs in secret, which is why the Lockwood people want to sell the Nublar dinosaurs, while they’re still insanely valuable. By JW3 these dinosaurs will be adults thanks to accelerated growth, and we’ll thus have new species all over the globe.
Back to top Go down
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: Is anybody worried about the franchise future?    Is anybody worried about the franchise future?  Icon_minitimeMon Apr 23, 2018 5:52 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:

Here's the problem, though. For many old school fans, JW was only marginally better then JP3 and not much of an improvement. Even many fans who like the movie admit that it should have been better/slightly smarter. In other words, if JW had managed to united the fanbase, or at least unite enough of them to form a convincing consensus and managed to bring enough good will, then that would be one thing.

But with the movie dividing the fanbase and how recent events have turned the divide into a canyon...ehh...That's a hard sell for many people. If the MCU tried that for a while, then they can get away with it since they have built up enough goodwill from the fans, GA, and critics. This franchise hasn't done nearly enough of that.

Playing it completely safe and making films only to appease the old school fans who are content with the status quo in order to instill "goodwill" is a surefire way to kill the franchise, or at the very least prevent it from growing.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is anybody worried about the franchise future?    Is anybody worried about the franchise future?  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Is anybody worried about the franchise future?
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next