Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

Solo Vs. Fallen Kingdom AKA a Howard family crisis...

Go down 
+5
TheDreamMaster
#TRexSpinorematch
Rhedosaurus
BarrytheOnyx
Robotpo
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Robotpo
Nublar Velociraptor
Nublar Velociraptor
Robotpo

Solo Vs. Fallen Kingdom AKA a Howard family crisis... Empty
PostSubject: Solo Vs. Fallen Kingdom AKA a Howard family crisis...   Solo Vs. Fallen Kingdom AKA a Howard family crisis... Icon_minitimeSat Apr 21, 2018 2:05 pm

It just occurred to me that this Summer is going to be horribly awkward for the Howard clan. If Solo makes more, Ron will be happy but Bryce will probably be chagrined - if Fallen Kingdom makes more, vice versa. How tedious! Razz

So, how do you expect the two classic franchise continuations to fare against each other? Personally, I expect Fallen Kingdom to make more, as the last SW movie was just five months ago and a lot of people were disappointed by The Last Jedi (which I liked personally). Meanwhile, it's been three years since the last Jurassic - the wait has been much longer, thus the anticipation will probably be greater. Plus, there's the matter of Solo's whole director/re-shoot controversy.

However, I think Solo will have more lasting cultural resonance/impact, because it's the backstory for a highly iconic and beloved character who is very much a part of cinema history. No matter how much one liked JW, the next adventure for Owen and Claire doesn't compare to seeing the history of Han Solo on the screen. So, while Solo may draw in less of the casual audience (or have fewer repeat viewings), it will be more embraced by the enormous SW/fantasy/sci-fi fan base. The only way JW could compete would be to bring back Grant or Malcolm in starring roles, and do something highly original or controversial with the characters.

What say you?
Back to top Go down
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: Solo Vs. Fallen Kingdom AKA a Howard family crisis...   Solo Vs. Fallen Kingdom AKA a Howard family crisis... Icon_minitimeSat Apr 21, 2018 2:45 pm

How can 'Solo' possibly make more money than 'Fallen Kingdom'?!?

I know similar surprises have happened at the box office, but I would be stunned if that happens. In fact, I think the very asset that Star Wars used to rely on constantly, i.e. that enormous and passionate fandom, is not going to come to Solo's rescue with many outright swearing off it for various reasons.

As for Ron and Bryce, I'm sure they'll be nice to each other's films on social media and their relationship won't necessarily be strained by it. Especially since there isn't much of an animosity or rivalry between fans of these respective people and the SW and JP franchises themselves.

Solo Vs. Fallen Kingdom AKA a Howard family crisis... Dinosa12
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Solo Vs. Fallen Kingdom AKA a Howard family crisis...   Solo Vs. Fallen Kingdom AKA a Howard family crisis... Icon_minitimeSat Apr 21, 2018 7:01 pm

Solo has had a ton of offset problems but JW:FK has not. If this new movie had half the problems Solo had, we would have heard about it considering how much leaks came out since the first trailer, if not Neomorph blowing the plot synopsis here. Solo will be one of the movies that will be a 'profitable failure' ah la Zilla 98. JW:FK will be more profitable by a comfortable margin.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

If you're concerned about where this franchise is headed, then please join us.
Back to top Go down
#TRexSpinorematch
Nublar Velociraptor
Nublar Velociraptor
#TRexSpinorematch

PostSubject: Re: Solo Vs. Fallen Kingdom AKA a Howard family crisis...   Solo Vs. Fallen Kingdom AKA a Howard family crisis... Icon_minitimeSat Apr 21, 2018 7:58 pm

I can not tell you how good or bad each film will be or how it will perform on the box office.

But what I can do is tell you that I just don't see that much hype for either film.

You go to youtube and you see that the majority of Star Wars fans are very very unhappy with how Disney is running the franchise. And with Fallen Kingdom, I just don't see the general audience talking about it that much.

https://www.facebook.com/Petition-to-have-a-T-Rex-Spinosaurus-rematch-in-Jurassic-World-2-194141920665797/
Back to top Go down
TheDreamMaster
Administrator
Administrator
TheDreamMaster

PostSubject: Re: Solo Vs. Fallen Kingdom AKA a Howard family crisis...   Solo Vs. Fallen Kingdom AKA a Howard family crisis... Icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2018 12:45 am

Well at this point I think Solo will come out with the higher RT rating, but I'd bet Fallen Kingdom makes more money.

"We'll use the Force."- Finn
 "That's not how the Force works!"- Han Solo
Back to top Go down
V.a.nublarensis
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
V.a.nublarensis

PostSubject: Re: Solo Vs. Fallen Kingdom AKA a Howard family crisis...   Solo Vs. Fallen Kingdom AKA a Howard family crisis... Icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2018 4:04 am

TheDreamMaster wrote:
Well at this point I think Solo will come out with the higher RT rating, but I'd bet Fallen Kingdom makes more money.
Speaking of which, shouldn't we have an official box office thread? I remember JW had one, and it was great.
Back to top Go down
#TRexSpinorematch
Nublar Velociraptor
Nublar Velociraptor
#TRexSpinorematch

PostSubject: Re: Solo Vs. Fallen Kingdom AKA a Howard family crisis...   Solo Vs. Fallen Kingdom AKA a Howard family crisis... Icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2018 11:27 am

Solo does seem to be losing a ton of money but it is not so much because it is "bad" but rather because the vast majority of Star Wars fans are still very very mad at The Last Jedi and called for a boycott on it since director Rian Johnson and other people at Lucasfilm have said that those who hate The Last Jedi are only a "minority" and have overall tried to say that what fans are saying is invalid.

Fallen Kingdom does not seem to have that kind of controversy behind it. There are fans in both the General public and hardcore fandom that did hate Jurassic World but The hate for The Last Jedi is on another level ( and for very valid reasons). It is the move that has made SW fans say, I lost all my faith, I am done with this.
Back to top Go down
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: Solo Vs. Fallen Kingdom AKA a Howard family crisis...   Solo Vs. Fallen Kingdom AKA a Howard family crisis... Icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2018 11:30 am

TheDreamMaster wrote:

Happy to say it looks like that might still be up in the air after all Very Happy

Solo Vs. Fallen Kingdom AKA a Howard family crisis... Jpbann10
Back to top Go down
#TRexSpinorematch
Nublar Velociraptor
Nublar Velociraptor
#TRexSpinorematch

PostSubject: Re: Solo Vs. Fallen Kingdom AKA a Howard family crisis...   Solo Vs. Fallen Kingdom AKA a Howard family crisis... Icon_minitimeThu Jun 07, 2018 12:06 am

Also keep in mind Star Wars fans had not exactly been screaming for a Han Solo backstory. So that is another thing that film also has against it.

And even though I am not happy with what Kathleen Kennedy and Rian Johnson have done to Star Wars, at the same time I feel bad for the actors. Just yesterday Kelly Marie Tran (Rose) had to close her instagram after more than 6 months of attacks on it.

https://www.facebook.com/Petition-to-have-a-T-Rex-Spinosaurus-rematch-in-Jurassic-World-2-194141920665797/
Back to top Go down
doyouthinkhesaurus
Embryo
Embryo
doyouthinkhesaurus

PostSubject: Re: Solo Vs. Fallen Kingdom AKA a Howard family crisis...   Solo Vs. Fallen Kingdom AKA a Howard family crisis... Icon_minitimeThu Jun 07, 2018 12:28 am

Betting right now FK makes more money. But I'm not interested in Box Office dollars. I'm interested in quality film.

PM me and we'll talk about vidya and movies.
Back to top Go down
Levine
Veteran
Veteran
Levine

PostSubject: Re: Solo Vs. Fallen Kingdom AKA a Howard family crisis...   Solo Vs. Fallen Kingdom AKA a Howard family crisis... Icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2018 4:56 pm

Welp. Guess we know who made more. Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Solo Vs. Fallen Kingdom AKA a Howard family crisis...   Solo Vs. Fallen Kingdom AKA a Howard family crisis... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Solo Vs. Fallen Kingdom AKA a Howard family crisis...
Page 1 of 1