Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

What did you like the most about Fallen Kingdom?

Go down 
+17
The Malone Society
TheRexMan22
TyrantKing4Ever
CT-1138
dance2nite
Physalisfresser
Spiegel
Rhedosaurus
V.a.nublarensis
Mr. Robustus
Tyrant Lizard
TheDreamMaster
Dv-218
Robotpo
Troyal1
Dilophosaurus
owenpratt
21 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
owenpratt
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus
owenpratt

What did you like the most about Fallen Kingdom? Empty
PostSubject: What did you like the most about Fallen Kingdom?   What did you like the most about Fallen Kingdom? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2018 10:36 am

Since I see some negativity about FK and there are also threads like "What would you change about FK", I want to make a new thread to share some positivity.

So guys, whether you generally liked it or not, what's the thing/concept/aspect/message/scene of FK that you really loved the most about this sequel?

My Twitter: https://twitter.com/owenpratt93
Back to top Go down
Dilophosaurus
Gallimimus
Gallimimus
Dilophosaurus

PostSubject: Re: What did you like the most about Fallen Kingdom?   What did you like the most about Fallen Kingdom? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2018 12:39 pm

One of the thing I liked the most was the amazing cinematography. This movie is beautifully shot and it really elevated every single scene. It was especially great in the opening scene, the volcano sequence, the gyrosphere tracking shot and pretty much every scene with the indoraptor (I especially love the shot of it stalking Owen, Claire and Maise around the trike skull, as well as that amazing rotating shot of it reaching towards Maise's bedroom door and opening it.)
Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: What did you like the most about Fallen Kingdom?   What did you like the most about Fallen Kingdom? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2018 1:30 pm

Best CGI I have seen since the last apes movie.
Back to top Go down
Robotpo
Nublar Velociraptor
Nublar Velociraptor
Robotpo

PostSubject: Re: What did you like the most about Fallen Kingdom?   What did you like the most about Fallen Kingdom? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2018 2:28 pm

I liked how it felt more human-centric/character based, especially when compared to JW. I also felt the characters were much more relatable. I enjoyed how it portrayed the dinosaurs as animals we could mostly root for, and the dark side of human nature was the real antagonist. And I liked how much of it took place somewhere other than an island.

Also - more animatronics.
Back to top Go down
Dv-218
Ceratosaurus
Ceratosaurus
Dv-218

PostSubject: Re: What did you like the most about Fallen Kingdom?   What did you like the most about Fallen Kingdom? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2018 3:20 pm

1) The cinematography is frikkin' amazing, i have no other way to put it. The scenes with the indoraptor, especially the sequence where it climbs towards maisie's room, were hauntingly beautiful in color and composition. Other example os the brach scene- they way it's shot and played out gave me chills..

2) BEST. OPENING. EVER (seriously for me it's tied with the raptor breakout from the OG).

3)I liked that they got rid of the color grading from JW, felt more organic this time.

4) aside from a few (mainly "buffalo bill" wheatley and gunnar eversoll), i found most of the new characters to be mostly likeable and enjoyable. I especially liked Owen and Claire, their characters and relationship felt more natural this time, and a step up from JW. I even liked maisie- she is one of the few kid characters in the franchise that are not annoying, even with the controversial twist regarding her.

4) the special effects were INCREDIBLE, and I really do mean it- even though i liked the effects in JW, some of them felt inconsistent-this one however puts much greater care into the details, and it's great. I really loved how all of the dinosaurs moved and acted, and the little bits (the brachiosaur slightly tripping over a rock, flies, saliva and blood on the carnivore snouts etc..)just made it even better.
The animatronics were fantastic too- rexy, blue on the table and the indoraptor arm were highlitghts.
*bonus on that point, i really liked the small adjusments they made (i think) on the JW models- blue looks leaner, sleeker and more like the raptors from JP and TLW, while rexy looks more threatning, gnarly and less skinny-basically more like her og self. These were small touches but cool ones (just to clarify i'm not sure about that, it's just the general impression i got from the screen. Maybe i'm wrong and the models are the same. If anyone can correct me on that i'll be glad lol).

5) loved the new soundtrack, had some TLW vibes to it. I especially liked the main theme/indo theme.

Last edited by Dv-218 on Fri Jun 22, 2018 4:10 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Robotpo
Nublar Velociraptor
Nublar Velociraptor
Robotpo

PostSubject: Re: What did you like the most about Fallen Kingdom?   What did you like the most about Fallen Kingdom? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2018 3:27 pm

People generally didn't seem to like Wheatley, but I thought he was a fun character, (in a horrible kind-of way).

Eversol was kind-of this movie's answer to Dieter - he exists entirely to be unlikable and then die...but like Dieter, IMO the character was elevated by his being played by an interesting character actor. I also liked Toby Jones in the elevator scene - he's all proud of himself when he puts the code, then the door opens and the indoraptor is just standing there right behind him. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Dv-218
Ceratosaurus
Ceratosaurus
Dv-218

PostSubject: Re: What did you like the most about Fallen Kingdom?   What did you like the most about Fallen Kingdom? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2018 4:03 pm

^I can agree with that, Toby Jones really did nail the role- it's not even that I disliked him, it just felt like he was kind of..there. I mean, you can remove him and (aside from his and elli's conversation) it would not make that big of a difference.
But i absoulutely loved the elevator moment, one of the best moments of dark humor in the film Very Happy
Back to top Go down
TheDreamMaster
Administrator
Administrator
TheDreamMaster

PostSubject: Re: What did you like the most about Fallen Kingdom?   What did you like the most about Fallen Kingdom? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2018 4:14 pm

The whole tone once the Indoraptor is released. As a huge horror fan, the fact we hadn’t felt dread like that since the Raptors in the kitchen, and ramped up even further, was awesome.

"We'll use the Force."- Finn
 "That's not how the Force works!"- Han Solo
Back to top Go down
owenpratt
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus
owenpratt

PostSubject: Re: What did you like the most about Fallen Kingdom?   What did you like the most about Fallen Kingdom? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2018 7:02 am

The Crichton-esque themes in the film. The twist itself is brilliant and so logical inside the universe of Jurassic. It brings the ethical debate to a higher level and makes Fallen Kingdom a much deeper and complex chapter of the franchise. The metaphors and symbolism in this movie are also fantastic, such as terms like "Parents of the new world" (literally, since
Spoiler:
), or Maisie stepping over a red line in a scene (reflecting what Malcolm says at the end about us crossing too many red lines), the Indoraptor in the cage looking amused at the humans making war with each other (the roles of attraction and visitors being reversed), the horse toy becoming the shadow of the Indoraptor (the comfortable kid's fairytale house being transformed into a horror haunted house), Maisie's and Indoraptor's mouth being reflected to remind us that
Spoiler:
, the press of a button in order to decide the destiny of living beings as a metaphor of human becoming God, the death of an important dinosaur character that makes the same exact pose she did in the original movie making for a metaphor of Nublar being a closed chapter...

..and there are many others.

Back to top Go down
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: What did you like the most about Fallen Kingdom?   What did you like the most about Fallen Kingdom? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2018 2:25 pm

My favorite part of the film was the fact that it wasn't afraid to introduce new ideas. That's probably the main reason why I like this film a lot more than something like JP3, which was essentially a by-the-numbers thriller without any new or interesting ideas introduced. I respect what they tried to do with this film a lot more than the cash-grab that was JP3.

What did you like the most about Fallen Kingdom? Jpbann10
Back to top Go down
Mr. Robustus
Compsognathus
Compsognathus
Mr. Robustus

PostSubject: Re: What did you like the most about Fallen Kingdom?   What did you like the most about Fallen Kingdom? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2018 2:48 pm

THE END CREDITS

- Overall, the cinematography was outstanding. I think it was the main thing that elevated the movie from its lackluster script.
- I really enjoyed the villains. Sure, they were slightly cartoonish (and sometimes too evil for no particular reason), but I think their actors were so charismatic that they were able to salvage what, on script, would be really cringy characters.
- The child actress was really good, and her character was the best character of the whole movie.
- The CGI is probably the best-looking out of all the franchise. I also enjoyed the return of the animatronics, though I wish they were used like in the original trilogy, being more integrated with the action scenes. Aside from the Indoraptor, the other three animatronics were basically used for stationary scenes.
- I liked the return of the "non-dinosaur-tension-scenes", namely the gyrosphere scene. It harkens back to the "jeep on the tree" and "climbing down the fence" scenes from the original JP, or the "breaking glass" scene from Lost World.

"Try to imagine yourself in the Late Quaternary. You get your first look at this six-foot Psittacosaurus as you enter a city. You stay still, because you think that maybe its visual acuity is based on movement. Maybe it's not all that bright. But no... not Homo sapiens. You stare at it, and it stares right back at you. And that's when it starts shooting you with this... THE GUN!" - Dr. Mongoliensis
Back to top Go down
V.a.nublarensis
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
V.a.nublarensis

PostSubject: Re: What did you like the most about Fallen Kingdom?   What did you like the most about Fallen Kingdom? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2018 5:48 am

I'm gonna list the things I believe to be the best compared to the other films.

-Best child character
-Best human villain (Mills, not the other two)
-Best CGI overall
-Best opening sequence
-Most emotional scenes of the entire franchise (3 of them)
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: What did you like the most about Fallen Kingdom?   What did you like the most about Fallen Kingdom? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2018 12:36 pm

Tyrant Lizard wrote:
My favorite part of the film was the fact that it wasn't afraid to introduce new ideas. That's probably the main reason why I like this film a lot more than something like JP3, which was essentially a by-the-numbers thriller without any new or interesting ideas introduced. I respect what they tried to do with this film a lot more than the cash-grab that was JP3.

To be fair, even JP3 did succeed in doing something new via the Pterandon chase. That was fresh and successful and one of the very few things that I really liked about that movie.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

If you're concerned about where this franchise is headed, then please join us.
Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: What did you like the most about Fallen Kingdom?   What did you like the most about Fallen Kingdom? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2018 12:55 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:
Tyrant Lizard wrote:

To be fair, even JP3 did succeed in doing something new via the Pterandon chase. That was fresh and successful and one of the very few things that I really liked about that movie.
I agree. But I think when he says new he means far more than a new animal or type of sequence. I think he’s talking about the concept of cloning humans or the island being destroyed and now the animals are over the world.
Back to top Go down
owenpratt
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus
owenpratt

PostSubject: Re: What did you like the most about Fallen Kingdom?   What did you like the most about Fallen Kingdom? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2018 1:25 pm

Fallen Kingdom, imo, really brought the saga forward much more than any of the other sequels did.

EDIT:

Here's an article that explains well how well Fallen Kingdom pushes the story forward: https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/jurassic-world-fallen-kingdom-finally-moves-jurassic-park-forward-1122919?utm_source=twitter

Back to top Go down
Spiegel
Stegosaurus
Stegosaurus
Spiegel

PostSubject: Re: What did you like the most about Fallen Kingdom?   What did you like the most about Fallen Kingdom? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2018 1:49 pm

owenpratt wrote:
Fallen Kingdom, imo, really brought the saga forward much more than any of the other sequels did.

EDIT:

Here's an article that explains well how well Fallen Kingdom pushes the story forward: https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/jurassic-world-fallen-kingdom-finally-moves-jurassic-park-forward-1122919?utm_source=twitter

Its not that it doesnt push it forward, its the execution of it. The two plot points that really stick out are dinosaurs are free on the mainland and other people have access to dinosaurs outside of Ingen/Marsani. How they went about them just kind of sucks if you apply any logic at all to it. Also, the whole Human clone thing might be explored but as of this moment those 3 issues need to be explored and resolved in the new roughly 2 hour movie.

Also, I didnt read the article.

Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: What did you like the most about Fallen Kingdom?   What did you like the most about Fallen Kingdom? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2018 1:54 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:

It was a fine scene, but I mean in terms of pushing the franchise on a narrative level. This film does way more than any of the other sequels and for that is has my respect, even if I still think the film could have been executed better.

What did you like the most about Fallen Kingdom? Jpbann10
Back to top Go down
owenpratt
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus
owenpratt

PostSubject: Re: What did you like the most about Fallen Kingdom?   What did you like the most about Fallen Kingdom? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2018 2:26 pm

Spiegel wrote:
owenpratt wrote:

EDIT:

Its not that it doesnt push it forward, its the execution of it. The two plot points that really stick out are dinosaurs are free on the mainland and other people have access to dinosaurs outside of Ingen/Marsani. How they went about them just kind of sucks if you apply any logic at all to it. Also, the whole Human clone thing might be explored but as of this moment those 3 issues need to be explored and resolved in the new roughly 2 hour movie.

Read the article, I think it's worth it Smile

I think the execution was good by the way. I found it enough believable.

Back to top Go down
Spiegel
Stegosaurus
Stegosaurus
Spiegel

PostSubject: Re: What did you like the most about Fallen Kingdom?   What did you like the most about Fallen Kingdom? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2018 2:34 pm

owenpratt wrote:
Spiegel wrote:
owenpratt wrote:

EDIT:

Read the article, I think it's worth it Smile

I think the execution was good by the way. I found it enough believable.

Yeah, I think its pretty obvious you loved it. Just going to have to agree to disagree.

owenpratt
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus
owenpratt

PostSubject: Re: What did you like the most about Fallen Kingdom?   What did you like the most about Fallen Kingdom? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2018 2:36 pm

I definitely loved the film. Well, otherwise I wouldn't have made this thread ahah

Back to top Go down
Physalisfresser
Hatchling
Hatchling
Physalisfresser

PostSubject: Re: What did you like the most about Fallen Kingdom?   What did you like the most about Fallen Kingdom? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2018 4:02 pm

-I liked the cinematography, this movie had some amazing images
-surprisingly I liked the Indoraptor, now this was a hybrid well done, I never really liked the Indominus but this thing was well executed and felt mucg more unnatural than the indominus
-I liked Claire in this movie and this is a big deal, there was only one character in JW that I found more annying than her (Hoskins)
Back to top Go down
Robotpo
Nublar Velociraptor
Nublar Velociraptor
Robotpo

PostSubject: Re: What did you like the most about Fallen Kingdom?   What did you like the most about Fallen Kingdom? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2018 5:29 pm

One of the other things I liked about the film was how it expanded the backstory of the franchise as well, by introducing the estate/labs where Hammond & Lockwood started (would this be Site A)? We now have the Lockwood Estate, along with Isla Sorna, as an important building block toward establishing Jurassic Park/World.
Back to top Go down
Spiegel
Stegosaurus
Stegosaurus
Spiegel

PostSubject: Re: What did you like the most about Fallen Kingdom?   What did you like the most about Fallen Kingdom? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2018 6:01 pm

Robotpo wrote:
One of the other things I liked about the film was how it expanded the backstory of the franchise as well, by introducing the estate/labs where Hammond & Lockwood started (would this be Site A)? We now have the Lockwood Estate, along with Isla Sorna, as an important building block toward establishing Jurassic Park/World.

That's a pretty good point but I wsh they would have expanded just a bit more on it.

owenpratt
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus
owenpratt

PostSubject: Re: What did you like the most about Fallen Kingdom?   What did you like the most about Fallen Kingdom? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2018 6:04 am

Maybe it's just me, but Fallen Kingdom made Hoskins's ideas a bit less absurd. In Jurassic World he felt like that one insane guy who has crazy ideas, but after Fallen Kingdom you could say he was a sort of pioneer.

Back to top Go down
Dv-218
Ceratosaurus
Ceratosaurus
Dv-218

PostSubject: Re: What did you like the most about Fallen Kingdom?   What did you like the most about Fallen Kingdom? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2018 6:09 am

^this really makes me wonder if Mills and Hoskins knew each-other or perhaps worked together at one point.
Back to top Go down
owenpratt
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus
owenpratt

PostSubject: Re: What did you like the most about Fallen Kingdom?   What did you like the most about Fallen Kingdom? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2018 6:45 am

Dv-218 wrote:
^this really makes me wonder if Mills and Hoskins knew each-other or perhaps worked together at one point.

I think it's entirely possible, since both Hoskins and Mills knew Dr Wu for example.

Back to top Go down
Robotpo
Nublar Velociraptor
Nublar Velociraptor
Robotpo

PostSubject: Re: What did you like the most about Fallen Kingdom?   What did you like the most about Fallen Kingdom? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2018 1:05 pm

I thought it was implied, seeing as Wu was working for both of them and Mills carried out Hoskins' plan for a smaller, trained Indominus.
Back to top Go down
dance2nite
Sorna Velociraptor
Sorna Velociraptor
dance2nite

PostSubject: Re: What did you like the most about Fallen Kingdom?   What did you like the most about Fallen Kingdom? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2018 7:39 pm

A T-Rex eating a human on screen for the first time in 21 years, Yes that was my highlight! lol!
Back to top Go down
CT-1138
Jurassic Mainframe News Team
Jurassic Mainframe News Team
CT-1138

PostSubject: Re: What did you like the most about Fallen Kingdom?   What did you like the most about Fallen Kingdom? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2018 7:47 pm

The visuals and tone. The movie has a strong sense of tonality from the visuals, and that's bumped up to 11 in the latter half of the film. It's terrifying! Easily the scariest JP film I've ever seen!

http://abekowalski.deviantart.com/
Spiegel
Stegosaurus
Stegosaurus
Spiegel

PostSubject: Re: What did you like the most about Fallen Kingdom?   What did you like the most about Fallen Kingdom? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2018 8:13 pm

Despite my disdain for a flawed addition to the franchise I did love some of the scenes. The Brachiosaurus death scene was amazing. It was so symbolic to see the first dinosaur we ever saw in the original film die on that same island, as the last of its kind was just so symbolic. It was a great scene for showing the transition of the franchise.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What did you like the most about Fallen Kingdom?   What did you like the most about Fallen Kingdom? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What did you like the most about Fallen Kingdom?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next