Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

No new hybrids in Jurassic World 3- confirmed

Go down 
+10
BarrytheOnyx
Viperman
Minmi
TheDreamMaster
Rhedosaurus
Dead2009
Gondrasia
Troyal1
Oviraptor
Tyrant Lizard
14 posters
AuthorMessage
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

No new hybrids in Jurassic World 3- confirmed Empty
PostSubject: No new hybrids in Jurassic World 3- confirmed   No new hybrids in Jurassic World 3- confirmed Icon_minitimeSat May 05, 2018 2:20 pm

While it was brought up in the "Colin Trevorrow to direct Jurassic World 3" thread by Oviraptor ( https://www.jurassicmainframe.com/t1325p30-colin-trevorrow-to-direct-jurassic-world-3 ),  I felt as though this news was deserving of it's own thread.

According to Colin Trevorrow in an interview with Total Film Magazine, the Indoraptor will be the last hybrid dinosaur introduced in the JW franchise, meaning that unless the Indoraptor somehow survives Fallen Kingdom (highly unlikely), there will be no hybrid dinosaurs in Jurassic World 3.

‘[Colin Trevorrow promised] that the Indo will mark the last of the series’ hybrid beasts. “I’m looking forward to, in the third film, getting a little back into the Paleontological, wild animal, true dinosaur nature of all of it.”

https://twitter.com/JurassicOutpost/status/992815956257857536

https://jurassicoutpost.com/jurassic-world-3-will-put-the-focus-back-on-real-dinosaurs-without-hybrid-creatures/

No new hybrids in Jurassic World 3- confirmed Jpbann10
Back to top Go down
Oviraptor
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: No new hybrids in Jurassic World 3- confirmed   No new hybrids in Jurassic World 3- confirmed Icon_minitimeSat May 05, 2018 2:27 pm

As long as they don't go back with the T-Rex and Velociraptor being the main dinosaurs, I'm fine with this.
Back to top Go down
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: No new hybrids in Jurassic World 3- confirmed   No new hybrids in Jurassic World 3- confirmed Icon_minitimeSat May 05, 2018 2:33 pm

I mean, the Rex and the Raptors will obviously have significant roles because they kinda have to at this point, especially with JW3 being the final bookend of the franchise. It certainly wouldn't feel right to have the two franchise staples relegated in what might very well end up being the final Jurassic Park film imho.

That being said, without a "plot-o-saurus", so to speak, it opens up the door for new dinosaurs to take center stage, as well as other favorites to return, such as the Dilophosaurus or Spinosaurus (Yes, yes. I know that according to the JPG the Spino is no more, but that could easily be changed with a simple line of dialogue or something. Nothing is set in stone.)

Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: No new hybrids in Jurassic World 3- confirmed   No new hybrids in Jurassic World 3- confirmed Icon_minitimeSat May 05, 2018 4:46 pm

Tyrant Lizard wrote:
I mean, the Rex and the Raptors will obviously have significant roles because they kinda have to at this point, especially with JW3 being the final bookend of the franchise. It certainly wouldn't feel right to have the two franchise staples relegated in what might very well end up being the final Jurassic Park film imho.

That being said, without a "plot-o-saurus", so to speak, it opens up the door for new dinosaurs to take center stage, as well as other favorites to return, such as the Dilophosaurus or Spinosaurus (Yes, yes. I know that according to the JPG the Spino is no more, but that could easily be changed with a simple line of dialogue or something. Nothing is set in stone.)

I think it’ll be revealed other companies are making dinos. Possibly hinted at in the end of JW2.
Back to top Go down
Gondrasia
Compsognathus
Compsognathus
Gondrasia

PostSubject: Re: No new hybrids in Jurassic World 3- confirmed   No new hybrids in Jurassic World 3- confirmed Icon_minitimeSat May 05, 2018 5:45 pm

Just because hybrids won’t appear in the next film, doesn’t mean that brand new species of natural dinosaurs and other animals from the Mesozoic era will appear in the next film. The islands are gone, the hybrids are going, and about 11 – 13 species of prehistoric animals are going to be saved both knowingly and unknowingly by people (with the rest facing a fiery death and return to extinction); this franchise is effectively trimming the fat, removing the clutter, getting rid of what seems unnecessary and detrimental to the franchise in the long term.

With Colin Trevorrow heralding JW3 as a scientific thriller in the same way that Jurassic Park was, I believe it’s far more likely that there will be new versions of animals such as Tyrannosaurus and Velociraptor, in order to ensure their species survives, in the next and final Jurassic film.
Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: No new hybrids in Jurassic World 3- confirmed   No new hybrids in Jurassic World 3- confirmed Icon_minitimeSat May 05, 2018 6:16 pm

I feel like they're damned if they had hybrids in JW3 and damned if they didnt, mainly because you have the one group of fans complaining that there's too many hybrids and the focus should be on actual dinosaurs while you have the others saying the hybrids SHOULD be in them because it brings something different to the table. Then you have the few that would blame Universal for whatever direction they go in. It's a lose lose situation.

Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: No new hybrids in Jurassic World 3- confirmed   No new hybrids in Jurassic World 3- confirmed Icon_minitimeSat May 05, 2018 7:53 pm

Dead2009 wrote:
I feel like they're damned if they had hybrids in JW3 and damned if they didnt, mainly because you have the one group of fans complaining that there's too many hybrids and the focus should be on actual dinosaurs while you have the others saying the hybrids SHOULD be in them because it brings something different to the table. Then you have the few that would blame Universal for whatever direction they go in. It's a lose lose situation.

I’d like to see a failed hybrid creation. Just a glimpse, but not like a violent predator. Something miserable and pitiful.

Maybe that’d be too dark?
Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: No new hybrids in Jurassic World 3- confirmed   No new hybrids in Jurassic World 3- confirmed Icon_minitimeSat May 05, 2018 8:02 pm

Id like to think a failed hybrid creation would be even more violent due to it's unpredictability.

Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: No new hybrids in Jurassic World 3- confirmed   No new hybrids in Jurassic World 3- confirmed Icon_minitimeSat May 05, 2018 8:03 pm

Dead2009 wrote:
Id like to think a failed hybrid creation would be even more violent due to it's unpredictability.

I mean a failure as in a lab laying down.
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: No new hybrids in Jurassic World 3- confirmed   No new hybrids in Jurassic World 3- confirmed Icon_minitimeSat May 05, 2018 9:13 pm

Tyrant Lizard wrote:

I still wish that the JP3 Spino can be ret-conned as a T. rex/Spino hybrid, the first super-hybrid. Considering how it acted more like a Godzilla knockoff then a real dinosaur and how the reconstruction was based on a lot of speculation, very few actual remains, and two partial skeletons of smaller relatives, Baryonyx and Suchomimus-and how the fact that Suchomimus might really be a larger African species of Baryonyx really complicates things-this could work very well and would connect the trilogies together.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

If you're concerned about where this franchise is headed, then please join us.
Back to top Go down
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: No new hybrids in Jurassic World 3- confirmed   No new hybrids in Jurassic World 3- confirmed Icon_minitimeSat May 05, 2018 9:16 pm

Troyal1 wrote:

Something like the scene in Alien Resurrection when Ripley finds that failed clone attempt lying on the table?

Rhedosaurus wrote:
I still wish that the JP3 Spino can be ret-conned as a T. rex/Spino hybrid, the first super-hybrid. Considering how it acted more like a Godzilla knockoff then a real dinosaur and how the reconstruction was based on a lot of speculation, very few actual remains, and two partial skeletons of smaller relatives, Baryonyx and Suchomimus-and how the fact that Suchomimus might really be a larger African species of Baryonyx really complicates things-this could work very well and would connect the trilogies together.

With all of the info given to us on the DPG website, I think one could hypothesize that the JP3 Spino is in fact an early attempt at a hybrid, even if it is merely headcanon at this point. Klayton Fioriti makes a good case for it in this video.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: No new hybrids in Jurassic World 3- confirmed   No new hybrids in Jurassic World 3- confirmed Icon_minitimeSat May 05, 2018 9:32 pm

Tyrant Lizard wrote:
Troyal1 wrote:

Something like the scene in Alien Resurrection when Ripley finds that failed clone attempt lying on the table?

Rhedosaurus wrote:

With all of the info given to us on the DPG website, I think one could hypothesize that the JP3 Spino is in fact an early attempt at a hybrid, even if it is merely headcanon at this point. Klayton Fioriti makes a good case for it in this video.

I don't consider the sites canon simply because of how malleable they are. With a finished movie, cartoon, or book, once it's done and published/distributed, it's done and concrete. With a finished site, it's still fluid and easy to manipulate. Call me old school, but I'd rather have something set in stone rather then have it be in something that simple to change.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

Back to top Go down
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: No new hybrids in Jurassic World 3- confirmed   No new hybrids in Jurassic World 3- confirmed Icon_minitimeSat May 05, 2018 9:43 pm

To be fair, anything is malleable to some extent.

Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: No new hybrids in Jurassic World 3- confirmed   No new hybrids in Jurassic World 3- confirmed Icon_minitimeSat May 05, 2018 10:11 pm

Tyrant Lizard wrote:
Troyal1 wrote:

Rhedosaurus wrote:

Yes actually!

Great comparison for the alien scene.
Back to top Go down
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: No new hybrids in Jurassic World 3- confirmed   No new hybrids in Jurassic World 3- confirmed Icon_minitimeSat May 05, 2018 10:15 pm

I remember back in the days of JPLegacy I was advocating for a scene similar to that involving a Stegoceratops Twisted Evil

Back to top Go down
TheDreamMaster
Administrator
Administrator
TheDreamMaster

PostSubject: Re: No new hybrids in Jurassic World 3- confirmed   No new hybrids in Jurassic World 3- confirmed Icon_minitimeSat May 05, 2018 11:01 pm

Tyrant Lizard wrote:
I remember back in the days of JPLegacy I was advocating for a scene similar to that involving a Stegoceratops Twisted Evil

I feel like that was actually a thing. Maybe not dying or whatever, but they had that scene where Claire and Owen came across it in the script. Seems like it could've been a decent scene for something like that.

"We'll use the Force."- Finn
 "That's not how the Force works!"- Han Solo
Back to top Go down
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: No new hybrids in Jurassic World 3- confirmed   No new hybrids in Jurassic World 3- confirmed Icon_minitimeSat May 05, 2018 11:19 pm

TheDreamMaster wrote:
I feel like that was actually a thing. Maybe not dying or whatever, but they had that scene where Claire and Owen came across it in the script. Seems like it could've been a decent scene for something like that.

Yeah, according to Trevorrow there was supposed to be a scene where Owen and Claire stumbled across a baby Stegoceratops or something, but Trevorow's kid convinced him it was a dumb idea and he removed it.

I'll forever be indebted to that kid.

Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: No new hybrids in Jurassic World 3- confirmed   No new hybrids in Jurassic World 3- confirmed Icon_minitimeSat May 05, 2018 11:35 pm

Tyrant Lizard wrote:
TheDreamMaster wrote:

Yeah, according to Trevorrow there was supposed to be a scene where Owen and Claire stumbled across a baby Stegoceratops or something, but Trevorow's kid convinced him it was a dumb idea and he removed it.

I'll forever be indebted to that kid.
Yep, his kid said if there were two hybrids indominus wouldn’t be as special. So he scraped the idea.
Back to top Go down
Minmi
Ceratosaurus
Ceratosaurus
Minmi

PostSubject: Re: No new hybrids in Jurassic World 3- confirmed   No new hybrids in Jurassic World 3- confirmed Icon_minitimeSun May 06, 2018 3:52 am

I'm glad they don't want to put any more new hybrids in, there are SO many different kinds of weird and wonderful real dinosaurs that the growing gang of "Jurassic Park" fans could be introduced to. They could bring back the Spinosaurus and I'd like to see dinosaurs such as Cryolophosaurus, Iguanodon, Olorotitan and Therizinosaurus.

Embryo
Embryo
Viperman

PostSubject: Re: No new hybrids in Jurassic World 3- confirmed   No new hybrids in Jurassic World 3- confirmed Icon_minitimeSun May 06, 2018 2:31 pm

The hybrid idea was actually executed way better than I expected, and I think the Indoraptor will be awesome, but that said I'm certainly glad for the focus to be back on dinosaurs that actually existed.
Back to top Go down
TheDreamMaster
Administrator
Administrator
TheDreamMaster

PostSubject: Re: No new hybrids in Jurassic World 3- confirmed   No new hybrids in Jurassic World 3- confirmed Icon_minitimeSun May 06, 2018 3:27 pm

Wonder if that means Wu is getting killed off in JWFK? I mean a thriller involving Wu could work, but considering his current MO seems to be pushing the boundaries of genetics and weaponizing animals, I don't see him not continue his work on hybrids if he escapes this film. Unless he gets arrested, which would be a twist.

Back to top Go down
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: No new hybrids in Jurassic World 3- confirmed   No new hybrids in Jurassic World 3- confirmed Icon_minitimeSun May 06, 2018 4:25 pm

I have to wonder, against all the odds, if this will be the film to finally bring Lewis Dodgon back into the JP fold, with BioSyn being one of the many companies to benefit from acquiring dinosaur specimens and DNA from Mills' and Wu's big auction in Fallen Kingdom.

No new hybrids in Jurassic World 3- confirmed Dinosa12
Back to top Go down
TheDreamMaster
Administrator
Administrator
TheDreamMaster

PostSubject: Re: No new hybrids in Jurassic World 3- confirmed   No new hybrids in Jurassic World 3- confirmed Icon_minitimeSun May 06, 2018 11:09 pm

BarrytheOnyx wrote:
I have to wonder, against all the odds, if this will be the film to finally bring Lewis Dodgon back into the JP fold, with BioSyn being one of the many companies to benefit from acquiring dinosaur specimens and DNA from Mills' and Wu's big auction in Fallen Kingdom.

Guess it depends. I feel like Cameron Thor was faceless enough they could easily recast and it wouldn't make a big difference. Just depends if Universal thinks they can get past anyone associating the character with a currently jailed sex offender. I think they can, but I don't think for a big company.

Back to top Go down
CT-1138
Jurassic Mainframe News Team
Jurassic Mainframe News Team
CT-1138

PostSubject: Re: No new hybrids in Jurassic World 3- confirmed   No new hybrids in Jurassic World 3- confirmed Icon_minitimeMon May 07, 2018 3:00 pm

This is very good news!

But, plot twist! When Trevorrow said more real dinosaurs, he's hinting that we'll see modern paleontologically accurate dinosaurs next to the regular JP ones. Razz

http://abekowalski.deviantart.com/
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: No new hybrids in Jurassic World 3- confirmed   No new hybrids in Jurassic World 3- confirmed Icon_minitimeMon May 07, 2018 6:30 pm

CT-1138 wrote:
This is very good news!

But, plot twist! When Trevorrow said more real dinosaurs, he's hinting that we'll see modern paleontologically accurate dinosaurs next to the regular JP ones. Razz

I was hoping to see these new dinosaurs on the other islands and have it explained that they are 'too different' from the old ones and that it would shock the GA too much. Basically have it be the explanation of why there were no feathered dinosaurs on Nublar.

Be that as it may, as long the old ones are kept the same and the more accurate ones are new dinosaurs, then I still like this.

Back to top Go down
TheRexMan22
Veteran
Veteran
TheRexMan22

PostSubject: Re: No new hybrids in Jurassic World 3- confirmed   No new hybrids in Jurassic World 3- confirmed Icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2018 1:32 am

I’m cool with that. The hybrids were cool but I think it’s time to go back to the roots. Even though, all the “regular” dinosaurs (tyrannosaur, raptors & spinosaur, etc are technically hybrids anyway)

[color=#33ccff]
Back to top Go down
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: No new hybrids in Jurassic World 3- confirmed   No new hybrids in Jurassic World 3- confirmed Icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2018 10:26 pm

Thy hybrids were generally handled pretty well, but I'm glad that the door is being closed on this concept before it gets too out of hand. Yes, all of the dinosaurs are technically hybrids in a sense, but they weren't hybrids of other dinosaurs.

Who the hell knows what nutty direction the franchise could have taken had this concept continued.

Back to top Go down
Mr. Robustus
Compsognathus
Compsognathus
Mr. Robustus

PostSubject: Re: No new hybrids in Jurassic World 3- confirmed   No new hybrids in Jurassic World 3- confirmed Icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2018 1:05 pm

I'm really glad hybrids are gone. I thought they were ok villains, but they hogged up too much screentime in JW and FK, to the detriment of all the other dinosaurs. It was understandable with the I. rex, since the whole plot of JW resolved around it, but the Indoraptor felt almost unnecessary in Fallen Kingdom (it wouldn't be too hard to write it out of the movie).

It's kind of weird that seventeen years have passed since JP III, and while we got two new sequels, we are yet to have a JP movie that put the focus on the actual dinosaurs. Maybe now Rexy can finally get some quality screentime in these new movies.

"Try to imagine yourself in the Late Quaternary. You get your first look at this six-foot Psittacosaurus as you enter a city. You stay still, because you think that maybe its visual acuity is based on movement. Maybe it's not all that bright. But no... not Homo sapiens. You stare at it, and it stares right back at you. And that's when it starts shooting you with this... THE GUN!" - Dr. Mongoliensis
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: No new hybrids in Jurassic World 3- confirmed   No new hybrids in Jurassic World 3- confirmed Icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2018 6:29 pm

I just hope they don't pull a fast one and make that one girl a you-know-what.

Back to top Go down
V.a.nublarensis
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
V.a.nublarensis

PostSubject: Re: No new hybrids in Jurassic World 3- confirmed   No new hybrids in Jurassic World 3- confirmed Icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2018 9:12 pm

This is one of those things where I won't believe it until I see it. He also said there won't be any militarized dinosaurs in FK, which he can get away with on a technicality because FK ended that idea.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: No new hybrids in Jurassic World 3- confirmed   No new hybrids in Jurassic World 3- confirmed Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

No new hybrids in Jurassic World 3- confirmed
Page 1 of 1