Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

Jurassic Park Franchise Prehistoric Fauna Masterpost

Go down 
+2
TyrannosaurTJ
Robotpo
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
1morey
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus
1morey

Jurassic Park Franchise Prehistoric Fauna Masterpost Empty
PostSubject: Jurassic Park Franchise Prehistoric Fauna Masterpost   Jurassic Park Franchise Prehistoric Fauna Masterpost Icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2018 2:41 am

After many hours of research. I have compiled a master list of every prehistoric fauna to appear across the Jurassic Park franchise (films, books, comics, toys, video games, and as artwork or part of the dinopedia/glossary on the JP institute website).

What I did not include in the list were unidentifiable animals from the comics, cancelled toyline figures/video games, or animals that are only mentioned but do not show up on a population count/list or make any sort of physical appearance. Current nomina dubia that haven't been reclassified are placed in a separate section.

Parentheses indicate the following:

* Junior synonyms.

* Specific appearances for the Unspecified Ammonite genera.

* Extant status for certain animals.

* Descriptors indicating that Eucnemesaurus and Unaysaurus are incorrectly depicted.

So here is the list:

Alphabetized list:

Animals by Most Recent Appearance:

Last edited by 1morey on Sat Oct 07, 2023 6:42 pm; edited 150 times in total
Back to top Go down
Robotpo
Nublar Velociraptor
Nublar Velociraptor
Robotpo

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic Park Franchise Prehistoric Fauna Masterpost   Jurassic Park Franchise Prehistoric Fauna Masterpost Icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2018 11:12 pm

Your forgot Barney! Razz

Just kidding...impressive job, man! Smile
Back to top Go down
1morey
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus
1morey

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic Park Franchise Prehistoric Fauna Masterpost   Jurassic Park Franchise Prehistoric Fauna Masterpost Icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2018 7:12 pm

Update:

Added Ardeosaurus, Chungkingosaurus, Gigantspinosaurus, and Proterogyrinus.

Update 2:

Added Anchisaurus, Astrodon (and synonym Pleurocoelus), Echinodon, Neovenator, Nigersaurus, Nemegtosaurus, Noasaurus, Nomingia, Nothronychus, Paralititan, Parksosaurus, Piatnitzkysaurus, Pisanosaurus, Podokesaurus, Poekilopleuron, Probactrosaurus, Protarchaeopteryx, Qantassaurus, Rhabdodon, Rinchenia, Sarcosaurus, Shuvosaurus, Yaverlandia, and Yunnanosaurus.

Added synonyms: Pelorosaurus, Rioarribasaurus, and Ugrosaurus.

Added nomina dubia: Geranosaurus, Protoavis, Pteropelyx, and Pterospondylus.

Added new category: Nomen nudum, with "Nurosaurus".

Update 3: Changed "Labryinthodontia" to "Unspecified Labryinthodont".

Update 4: Changed "Mastodon" to "Mammut".

Update 5: Added Vulcan 19 to Genetically Modified Animals.

Update 6: Changed "Giant Orthocone" to "Cameroceras".

Update 7: Changed "Leviathan" to "Livyatan".

Update 8: Changed "Megalograptus" to "Unspecified Eurypterid".

Update 9: Moved "Futabasaurus" to Nomen nudum.

Update 10: Removed Mochlodon, Panoplosaurus, Plateosauravus, Pradhania, Saurosuchus, Stokesosaurus, Tangvayosaurus, and Tarascosaurus.

Update 11: Added Peloroplites and Teratophoneus.

Update 12: Added Giant Culicidae sp. (fictional animal)

Added description to Unaysaurus stating it is depicted incorrectly as Ornithomimid.

Split Unspecified Ammonite Genus into two types based on their appearance in Jurassic Park 2: The Chaos Continues and Jurassic World: The Game

Update 13: Added Arctodus and Moropus. Re-added Stokesosaurus.

Added Genetically Modified Animals: Colossus 04

Added nomen dubium: Palaeoscincus

Last edited by 1morey on Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:30 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
1morey
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus
1morey

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic Park Franchise Prehistoric Fauna Masterpost   Jurassic Park Franchise Prehistoric Fauna Masterpost Icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2018 9:53 pm

Okay, so this masterlist is current as of July 10.

Updates will be made per the following:

* New animals are added to Jurassic World: Alive or Jurassic World: Evolution.

* New video games.

* New toyline figures.

* Unclassified nomina dubia are re-classified.

* Jurassic World 3 and its marketing material.
Back to top Go down
TyrannosaurTJ
Gallimimus
Gallimimus
TyrannosaurTJ

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic Park Franchise Prehistoric Fauna Masterpost   Jurassic Park Franchise Prehistoric Fauna Masterpost Icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2018 9:07 pm

Is there any chance you can organize the animals under the sources they are from for all of them? I know it'd be tedious (and a lot more work!) but it would be helpful for organization reasons to put them under which sources they are from and alphabetically from that. It's a nice list though for starters.

"So you walk eternally through the shadow realms, standing against evil where all others falter. May your thirst for retribution never quench, may the blood on your sword never dry, and may we never need you again." - Corrax Entry 7:17
Back to top Go down
http://www.jurassic-pedia.com/
1morey
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus
1morey

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic Park Franchise Prehistoric Fauna Masterpost   Jurassic Park Franchise Prehistoric Fauna Masterpost Icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2018 11:51 pm

TyrannosaurTJ wrote:
Is there any chance you can organize the animals under the sources they are from for all of them? I know it'd be tedious (and a lot more work!) but it would be helpful for organization reasons to put them under which sources they are from and alphabetically from that. It's a nice list though for starters.

Not a problem actually. I had thoughts about doing something like that, but separating film-canon in one section and then non-film canon animals under their most recent appearance. This would be the easiest way to do it, since I already have a gallery of all the animals on a flash drive (which is essentially a mini-computer for me. Since I keep A LOT of different files for different things on it.) so I can work off that.

I don't plan on listing EVERY source, because that would be a lot harder because of all the material for the franchise. Which is why I think most recent appearance is the best way to put it.
Back to top Go down
1morey
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus
1morey

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic Park Franchise Prehistoric Fauna Masterpost   Jurassic Park Franchise Prehistoric Fauna Masterpost Icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2018 2:52 am

Moved to first post.

Last edited by 1morey on Sun Dec 23, 2018 11:35 pm; edited 36 times in total
Back to top Go down
TyrannosaurTJ
Gallimimus
Gallimimus
TyrannosaurTJ

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic Park Franchise Prehistoric Fauna Masterpost   Jurassic Park Franchise Prehistoric Fauna Masterpost Icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2018 4:34 pm

Just a slight note, Proceratosaurus stems all the way back from the first film. It's seen as an embryo on the storage units and on the tour brochure map. I'll have to comb over this to verify everything else.

Also for the "taxidermy" animals in Lockwood's private Museum what's the source for him getting them from living animals? Museums do "dioramas" like that all the time with real and fake animals sculpted from a variety of materials. Dimetrodon, for example, is not known for any primary media and is present in games, toys, and comics for example. Absolutely nothing official has given any indication of InGen having a DNA sample of that.

"So you walk eternally through the shadow realms, standing against evil where all others falter. May your thirst for retribution never quench, may the blood on your sword never dry, and may we never need you again." - Corrax Entry 7:17
Back to top Go down
1morey
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus
1morey

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic Park Franchise Prehistoric Fauna Masterpost   Jurassic Park Franchise Prehistoric Fauna Masterpost Icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2018 5:29 pm

TyrannosaurTJ wrote:
Just a slight note, Proceratosaurus stems all the way back from the first film. It's seen as an embryo on the storage units and on the tour brochure map. I'll have to comb over this to verify everything else.

Also for the "taxidermy" animals in Lockwood's private Museum what's the source for him getting them from living animals? Museums do "dioramas" like that all the time with real and fake animals sculpted from a variety of materials. Dimetrodon, for example, is not known for any primary media and is present in games, toys, and comics for example. Absolutely nothing official has given any indication of InGen having a DNA sample of that.

EDIT: Moved all film-canon to that section, and broke down the JW:E and hybrids lists by letter so they weren't just a giant list.

The taxidermied animals came from an article from EW, explaining the concept art.

http://ew.com/movies/jurassic-world-fallen-kingdom-concept-art/#bone-up

Quote: "This isn’t the Museum of Natural History but the private collection of Benjamin Lockwood (James Cromwell), John Hammond’s former InGen partner who has his own fascination with dinosaurs. Not only are there assembled skeletons, but Lockwood has stuffed dinosaurs as well. “J.A. chose a whole series of dinosaurs that you haven’t seen in the movie before — in any of the franchises before — and put them into dioramas and gave them each a little story,” Nicholson adds, before teasing, “This room is quite important in the film — quite a lot of things happen in there.”"

Last edited by 1morey on Fri Jul 13, 2018 5:49 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
JVM
Hatchling
Hatchling
JVM

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic Park Franchise Prehistoric Fauna Masterpost   Jurassic Park Franchise Prehistoric Fauna Masterpost Icon_minitimeFri Jul 13, 2018 3:27 am

Interesting, as I've been working on a vaguely similar project, although I'd have to figure out a proper Excel spreadsheet before I did a public version, though you've moved considerably beyond that! Nice work.

Gallimimus
Gallimimus
TyrannosaurTJ

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic Park Franchise Prehistoric Fauna Masterpost   Jurassic Park Franchise Prehistoric Fauna Masterpost Icon_minitimeFri Jul 13, 2018 8:08 am

I can see how someone would get the implication they're from once living prehistoric animals. I wouldn't say he confirmed they were from once living animals cloned outright though. It's not implicitly said, just that each animal in the diorama has their own story. You don't know if that means Lockwood favored said animal because he read about it as a school aged child or fell in love with it because Hammond and him played dinosaurs together. Razz

It is a bit grandiose to presume they were taxidermy animals considering the cheaper alternative would be to make them out of resin or other material. I just don't see it as probably they were taxidermy considering that before the 80s the animals weren't cloned. They were bones and museum animatronics/static models.

Back to top Go down
1morey
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus
1morey

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic Park Franchise Prehistoric Fauna Masterpost   Jurassic Park Franchise Prehistoric Fauna Masterpost Icon_minitimeSat Jul 14, 2018 1:30 am

TyrannosaurTJ wrote:
I can see how someone would get the implication they're from once living prehistoric animals. I wouldn't say he confirmed they were from once living animals cloned outright though. It's not implicitly said, just that each animal in the diorama has their own story. You don't know if that means Lockwood favored said animal because he read about it as a school aged child or fell in love with it because Hammond and him played dinosaurs together. Razz

Well, Mononykus and Concavenator are rather more recent. And I think it is pretty obvious (in filmmaking terms) that Concavenator was picked because it is a dinosaur from Spain, as a shoutout to J.A. Bayona.

I think the taxidermy makes sense in-universe, if in the early stages of Jurassic Park: San Diego, InGen was discovering new dinosaurs before their fossils were even dug up. Because if the amber extraction is any indicator, you're not going to know what you get until a specimen is hatched, so there was always a chance they would have ended up making their own discoveries. Since Hammond had paleontological teams working for him (such as Grant), they'd be able to coordinate the discoveries with the geneticists, even if the dig teams didn't know that they were working for a company that planned to showcase living dinosaurs.

This also has precedence with Suchomimus. Suchomimus was on InGen's 1994 list with 75% of its genome completed (with it being discovered in real-life in 1997 (and named the following year)). And I do not think the fact that Suchomimus was explicitly shown on the list was an accident.

Also, after reading through the Jurassic World Employee Handbook, I found some interesting tidbits:

Jurassic World's guests knew that Velociraptors were housed on the island (Also supported by Jurassic World's website).

islanublar.jurassicworld.com mentions they are not yet ready for exhibition.

In the Handbook, Owen makes a note to Claire saying that his Velociraptors are not attractions and are for his research only. He tells Claire that she should recommend the "other raptors on display" if guests want to see them. (It's left ambiguous as to whether he is referring to other Velociraptors on display, or to Deinonychus.)

This also leads into a very muddy area into the JP Velociraptors. We know they were modeled by the filmmakers (and Michael Crichton) after Deinonychus (as per Gregory S. Paul's grouping a bunch of dromeosaurs as Velociraptor). But they are far larger than a real Deinonychus (and a Velociraptor). As of 2001, Grant was still digging up specimens in Montana described as Velociraptor. Meanwhile, Jurassic World's website refers to the Velociraptors as being from Mongolia. So it would appear that the animals in the films are meant to be Velociraptor, but the gene-splicing has made them featherless and much larger than either Deinonychus or the real-life Velociraptor. This is further muddied as Deinonychus is showcased in Jurassic World (as it can be displayed on the Holoscape.)

So Jurassic World makes it clear that in the film universe, Velociraptor and Deinonychus are two distinct animals, and Paul's classification system is not used. While Grant seems to indicate that the specimens he is digging up are Velociraptors.

I'm left to believe that Grant uses an outdated classification system, but that seems a bit antithetical to how he comes across in the films. (Another theory is that Paul's system was used longer in the JP universe than in the real-world.)
Back to top Go down
TyrannosaurTJ
Gallimimus
Gallimimus
TyrannosaurTJ

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic Park Franchise Prehistoric Fauna Masterpost   Jurassic Park Franchise Prehistoric Fauna Masterpost Icon_minitimeSat Jul 14, 2018 11:28 am

1morey wrote:
TyrannosaurTJ wrote:

Well, Mononykus and Concavenator are rather more recent. And I think it is pretty obvious (in filmmaking terms) that Concavenator was picked because it is a dinosaur from Spain, as a shoutout to J.A. Bayona.

I think the taxidermy makes sense in-universe, if in the early stages of Jurassic Park: San Diego, InGen was discovering new dinosaurs before their fossils were even dug up. Because if the amber extraction is any indicator, you're not going to know what you get until a specimen is hatched, so there was always a chance they would have ended up making their own discoveries. Since Hammond had paleontological teams working for him (such as Grant), they'd be able to coordinate the discoveries with the geneticists, even if the dig teams didn't know that they were working for a company that planned to showcase living dinosaurs.

This also has precedence with Suchomimus. Suchomimus was on InGen's 1994 list with 75% of its genome completed (with it being discovered in real-life in 1997 (and named the following year)). And I do not think the fact that Suchomimus was explicitly shown on the list was an accident.

I'm just going to touch on this right now seeing how I need to read up on the second thing you said from the other JW books. I haven't got them yet and so I want to be sure I can accurately state my impressions from them.

They're still taxidermy animals if even they aren't taken from the animal's lifeless corpse itself, but it is rather more of being a replica to scale more than anything else and museum display piece. There's a lot we don't know about the dinosaurs of Jurassic Park's universe. Discovery dates are something that could be insanely different or you know, Lockwood favoring the Concavenator after it was discovered and wanting it put in for his private museum or he funded the dig even. Again, there's a lot we don't know and we shouldn't really assume they're from the corpses of genetically recreated animals either given the fact that the science was under lock and key by InGen (and Henry Wu) for the better part of two decades with it finally going open source here in FK.

Back to top Go down
1morey
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus
1morey

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic Park Franchise Prehistoric Fauna Masterpost   Jurassic Park Franchise Prehistoric Fauna Masterpost Icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2018 8:12 am

I moved the following to Nomina dubia:

* Astrodon
* Caseosaurus

Created a new category: Controversial taxa

Contains the following:

* Algoasaurus
* Breviceratops
* Bruhathkayosaurus
* Dracorex
* Dromiceiomimus
* Euskelosaurus
* Kakuru
* Lexovisaurus
* Lukousaurus
* Nedoceratops
* Opabinia
* Stygimoloch
Back to top Go down
1morey
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus
1morey

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic Park Franchise Prehistoric Fauna Masterpost   Jurassic Park Franchise Prehistoric Fauna Masterpost Icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2018 2:47 pm

Update:

* Moved Cocavenator, Dimetrodon, and Mononykus to Non-Cloned Animals section.
* Moved Ornithomimus to Jurassic World: Alive section
* Added new animals: Giraffatitan and Gryopsuchus
* Added hybrids: Ankylocodon, Diloranosaurus, Monomimus, Sarcorixis, and Tuoramoloch
* Moved Diplotator to Jurassic World: Alive list in Hybrids section
* Fix typographical errors, and removed duplicate entries.

Update 2:
* Added Goyocephale to Jurassic Park III: Park Builder section
* Added Rhizodus to Jurassic World: The Game section

Update 3:
* Changed "Genetically Modified Animals" to "Genetically Enhanced Animals"
* Added Phoenix 44 to Genetically Enhanced Animals section

Last edited by 1morey on Mon Jul 30, 2018 4:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
1morey
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus
1morey

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic Park Franchise Prehistoric Fauna Masterpost   Jurassic Park Franchise Prehistoric Fauna Masterpost Icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2018 5:17 am

Current count as of 9/5:

Non-avian Dinosaurs- 317
Birds- 7
Pterosaurs- 25
Mosasaurs- 7
Ichthyopterygians- 8
Pseudosuchians- 16
Sauropterygians- 17
Phytosaurs- 2
Turtles- 3
Snakes- 2
Other Reptiles- 6
Synapsids- 51
Amphibians- 12
Fish- 17
Invertebrates- 19
Controversial taxa- 12
Nomina dubia- 23
Genetically Enhanced Animals- 15
Hybrids- 82

Total: 641 genera
Back to top Go down
1morey
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus
1morey

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic Park Franchise Prehistoric Fauna Masterpost   Jurassic Park Franchise Prehistoric Fauna Masterpost Icon_minitimeSun Oct 14, 2018 2:56 am

Update:
* Added Peteinosaurus and Agujaceratops. Moved Smilodon to Film Canon (Non-Cloned Animals), Moved Albertosaurus and Rhamphorhynchus to Fallen Kingdom toyline. Changed Dracorex's section to Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom toyline.

Current count as of 10/14:

Non-avian Dinosaurs- 318
Birds- 7
Pterosaurs- 26
Mosasaurs- 7
Ichthyopterygians- 8
Pseudosuchians- 16
Sauropterygians- 17
Phytosaurs- 2
Turtles- 3
Snakes- 2
Other Reptiles- 6
Synapsids- 51
Amphibians- 12
Fish- 17
Invertebrates- 19
Controversial taxa- 12
Nomina dubia- 23
Hybrids- 82

Total: 643 genera
Back to top Go down
1morey
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus
1morey

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic Park Franchise Prehistoric Fauna Masterpost   Jurassic Park Franchise Prehistoric Fauna Masterpost Icon_minitimeSat Nov 10, 2018 9:45 am

Update:
* Added Alvarezsaurus and Olorotitan. Replaced Mononykus in Film canon section with Alvarezsaurus. Placed Mononykus in Jurassic Park III: Park Builder section. Moved Troodon to nomina dubia in Jurassic Park: The Game section. Moved Ankylodocus and Spinoraptor to Jurassic World: Evolution section. Moved Postosuchus to Jurassic World: Alive section.

Current count as of 11/10:

Non-avian Dinosaurs- 319
Birds- 7
Pterosaurs- 26
Mosasaurs- 7
Ichthyopterygians- 8
Pseudosuchians- 16
Sauropterygians- 17
Phytosaurs- 2
Turtles- 3
Snakes- 2
Other Reptiles- 6
Synapsids- 51
Amphibians- 12
Fish- 17
Invertebrates- 19
Controversial taxa- 12
Nomina dubia- 24
Hybrids- 82

Total: 645 genera
Back to top Go down
1morey
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus
1morey

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic Park Franchise Prehistoric Fauna Masterpost   Jurassic Park Franchise Prehistoric Fauna Masterpost Icon_minitimeSat Nov 24, 2018 8:56 pm

Update:
* Added the new hybrids added to JW:TG and JW:A. Added Miragaia to JW:A. Changed Controversial taxa to Disputed taxa. Moved Dravidosaurus and Opisthocoelicaudia to disputed taxa.

Current count as of 11/24:

Non-avian Dinosaurs- 319
Birds- 7
Pterosaurs- 26
Mosasaurs- 7
Ichthyopterygians- 8
Pseudosuchians- 16
Sauropterygians- 17
Phytosaurs- 2
Turtles- 3
Snakes- 2
Other Reptiles- 6
Synapsids- 51
Amphibians- 12
Fish- 17
Invertebrates- 19
Controversial taxa- 14
Nomina dubia- 24
Nomina nuda- 2
Hybrids- 91

Total: 658 genera
Back to top Go down
1morey
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus
1morey

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic Park Franchise Prehistoric Fauna Masterpost   Jurassic Park Franchise Prehistoric Fauna Masterpost Icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2018 8:26 pm

Update:
* Added Nanosaurus, and placed Othnielia and Drinker as its junior synonyms.
* Moved Deinosuchus to film canon as a DNA sample.
* Added note that Pisanosaurus is incorrectly depicted as an ornithischian rather than silesaurid.
* Added new JWTG hybrid: Mammotherium.

Current count as of 12/10:

Non-avian Dinosaurs- 318
Birds- 7
Pterosaurs- 26
Mosasaurs- 7
Ichthyopterygians- 8
Pseudosuchians- 16
Sauropterygians- 17
Phytosaurs- 2
Turtles- 3
Snakes- 2
Other Reptiles- 7
Synapsids- 51
Amphibians- 12
Fish- 17
Invertebrates- 19
Disputed taxa- 14
Nomina dubia- 23
Nomina nuda- 2
Hybrids- 92

Back to top Go down
1morey
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus
1morey

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic Park Franchise Prehistoric Fauna Masterpost   Jurassic Park Franchise Prehistoric Fauna Masterpost Icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2018 8:32 pm

Update:
* Removed Alvarezsaurus and replaced with Mononykus.
* Moved Dromiceiomimus to Jurassic Park III: Park Builder in main section from Nomina dubia as its has been revalidated.
* Moved Diplodocus from Jurassic: World: Alive to Film Canon section as two Diplodocus statues are seen in Lockwood Manor's museum.

Current count as of 12/21:

Non-avian Dinosaurs- 318
Birds- 7
Pterosaurs- 26
Mosasaurs- 7
Ichthyopterygians- 8
Pseudosuchians- 16
Sauropterygians- 17
Phytosaurs- 2
Turtles- 3
Snakes- 2
Other Reptiles- 7
Non-Mammalian Synapsids- 6
Mammals- 45
Amphibians- 12
Fish- 17
Invertebrates- 19
Disputed taxa- 13
Nomina dubia- 23
Nomina nuda- 2
Hybrids- 92

Total: 657 genera

Last edited by 1morey on Sun Dec 23, 2018 11:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
1morey
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus
1morey

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic Park Franchise Prehistoric Fauna Masterpost   Jurassic Park Franchise Prehistoric Fauna Masterpost Icon_minitimeSun Dec 23, 2018 11:39 pm

Update:
* Moved the list of animals by most recent appearance (Film Canon and Non-Film Canon animals) to first post under the alphabetized list.
* Moved Diplodocus from Jurassic: World: Alive to Film Canon section as two Diplodocus statues are seen in Lockwood Manor's museum.
* Added Pelorosaurus.
* Moved Zizhongosaurus to Nomina dubia.

Current count as of 12/24:

Non-avian Dinosaurs- 318
Birds- 7
Pterosaurs- 26
Mosasaurs- 7
Ichthyopterygians- 8
Pseudosuchians- 16
Sauropterygians- 17
Phytosaurs- 2
Turtles- 3
Snakes- 2
Other Reptiles- 7
Mammals- 45
Amphibians- 12
Fish- 17
Invertebrates- 19
Disputed taxa- 13
Nomina dubia- 24
Nomina nuda- 2
Hybrids- 92

Back to top Go down
1morey
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus
1morey

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic Park Franchise Prehistoric Fauna Masterpost   Jurassic Park Franchise Prehistoric Fauna Masterpost Icon_minitimeTue Jan 08, 2019 4:19 pm

Update:
* Added Leptostega in hybrid sections.

Current count as of 1/8:

Non-avian Dinosaurs- 318
Birds- 7
Pterosaurs- 26
Mosasaurs- 7
Ichthyopterygians- 8
Pseudosuchians- 16
Sauropterygians- 17
Phytosaurs- 2
Turtles- 3
Snakes- 2
Other Reptiles- 7
Mammals- 45
Amphibians- 12
Fish- 17
Invertebrates- 19
Disputed taxa- 13
Nomina dubia- 24
Nomina nuda- 2
Hybrids- 93

Total: 659 genera
Back to top Go down
ChaoticianDrac
Embryo
Embryo
ChaoticianDrac

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic Park Franchise Prehistoric Fauna Masterpost   Jurassic Park Franchise Prehistoric Fauna Masterpost Icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2019 4:43 am

Out of curiousity, why were unreleased prototypes omitted?

1morey
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus
1morey

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic Park Franchise Prehistoric Fauna Masterpost   Jurassic Park Franchise Prehistoric Fauna Masterpost Icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2019 10:22 am

ChaoticianDrac wrote:
Out of curiousity, why were unreleased prototypes omitted?

Solely because of the fact that they were unreleased.
Back to top Go down
1morey
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus
1morey

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic Park Franchise Prehistoric Fauna Masterpost   Jurassic Park Franchise Prehistoric Fauna Masterpost Icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2019 11:31 pm

Update:
* Added Scolosaurus
* Moved Maiasaura and Scaphognathus.
* Added Darwezopteryx, Diplosuchus, Edmontoguanodon, Procerathomimus, Pterovexus, Skoolasaurus, Stygidaryx.

Current count as of 2/1:

Non-avian Dinosaurs- 319
Birds- 7
Pterosaurs- 26
Mosasaurs- 7
Ichthyopterygians- 8
Pseudosuchians- 16
Sauropterygians- 17
Phytosaurs- 2
Turtles- 3
Snakes- 2
Other Reptiles- 7
Mammals- 45
Amphibians- 12
Fish- 17
Invertebrates- 19
Disputed taxa- 13
Nomina dubia- 24
Nomina nuda- 2
Hybrids- 100

Total: 667 genera
Back to top Go down
1morey
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus
1morey

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic Park Franchise Prehistoric Fauna Masterpost   Jurassic Park Franchise Prehistoric Fauna Masterpost Icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2019 2:10 pm

Update:
* Added Amurosaurus, Caiuajara, and Turiasaurus with new section under Jurassic World: The Exhibition.

Current count as of 2/5:

Non-avian Dinosaurs- 321
Birds- 7
Pterosaurs- 27
Mosasaurs- 7
Ichthyopterygians- 8
Pseudosuchians- 16
Sauropterygians- 17
Phytosaurs- 2
Turtles- 3
Snakes- 2
Other Reptiles- 7
Mammals- 45
Amphibians- 12
Fish- 17
Invertebrates- 19
Disputed taxa- 13
Nomina dubia- 24
Nomina nuda- 2
Hybrids- 100

Total: 670 genera
Back to top Go down
1morey
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus
1morey

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic Park Franchise Prehistoric Fauna Masterpost   Jurassic Park Franchise Prehistoric Fauna Masterpost Icon_minitimeFri Feb 08, 2019 4:42 pm

Update:
* Added Megistocurus under hybrids.

Current count as of 2/8:

Non-Avian Dinosaurs- 320
Birds- 7
Pterosaurs- 27
Mosasaurs- 7
Ichthyopterygians- 8
Pseudosuchians- 15
Sauropterygians- 18
Phytosaurs- 2
Turtles- 3
Snakes- 2
Other Reptiles- 8
Mammals- 45
Amphibians- 12
Fish- 17
Invertebrates- 19
Disputed taxa- 13
Nomina dubia- 24
Nomina nuda- 2
Hybrids- 101

Total: 671 genera
Back to top Go down
1morey
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus
1morey

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic Park Franchise Prehistoric Fauna Masterpost   Jurassic Park Franchise Prehistoric Fauna Masterpost Icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2019 1:10 pm

Update:
* Added Hauffiosaurus and Teusoteuthis.
* Added new hybrid: Tapejalocephalus.

Current count as of 2/19:

Non-Avian Dinosaurs- 318
Birds- 7
Pterosaurs- 27
Mosasaurs- 7
Ichthyopterygians- 8
Pseudosuchians- 15
Sauropterygians- 19
Phytosaurs- 2
Turtles- 3
Snakes- 2
Other Reptiles- 10
Mammals- 45
Amphibians- 12
Fish- 17
Invertebrates- 20
Disputed taxa- 13
Nomina dubia- 24
Nomina nuda- 2
Hybrids- 102

Total: 674 genera
Back to top Go down
1morey
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus
1morey

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic Park Franchise Prehistoric Fauna Masterpost   Jurassic Park Franchise Prehistoric Fauna Masterpost Icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2019 10:38 pm

Update:
* Added Gigantophis

Current count as of 2/28:

Non-Avian Dinosaurs- 318
Birds- 7
Pterosaurs- 27
Mosasaurs- 7
Ichthyopterygians- 8
Pseudosuchians- 15
Sauropterygians- 19
Phytosaurs- 2
Turtles- 3
Snakes- 3
Other Reptiles- 10
Mammals- 45
Amphibians- 12
Fish- 17
Invertebrates- 20
Disputed taxa- 13
Nomina dubia- 24
Nomina nuda- 2
Hybrids- 102

Total: 675 genera
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic Park Franchise Prehistoric Fauna Masterpost   Jurassic Park Franchise Prehistoric Fauna Masterpost Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Jurassic Park Franchise Prehistoric Fauna Masterpost
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next