Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

JW&JWFK: What would you do differently and how? (SPOILERS)

Go down 
+18
eagc7
Herrerasaurus
BarrytheOnyx
TheDreamMaster
Levine
The Malone Society
Lost
Spinosaur4.4
TheRexMan22
Dv-218
Troyal1
Dilophosaurus
Bionic
owenpratt
Mosasurfus
Sickle_Claw
Mr. Robustus
Spiegel
22 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Spiegel
Stegosaurus
Stegosaurus
Spiegel

JW&JWFK: What would you do differently and how? (SPOILERS) Empty
PostSubject: JW&JWFK: What would you do differently and how? (SPOILERS)   JW&JWFK: What would you do differently and how? (SPOILERS) Icon_minitimeSun Jun 17, 2018 6:10 pm

So we've done a lot of talking about the films and it seems that everyone is decently content but left with a few pitfalls or questions.

So, let's say you were somehow given the chance, what would you do differently and how? I'm just curious about thoughts and opinions, no need for argument or debate as this is just meant for individuals to share their ideas.

I'll be posting later as I am using my phone and unable to throw out my own ideas and thoughts without a keyboard.

Mr. Robustus
Compsognathus
Compsognathus
Mr. Robustus

PostSubject: Re: JW&JWFK: What would you do differently and how? (SPOILERS)   JW&JWFK: What would you do differently and how? (SPOILERS) Icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2018 1:22 am

For Jurassic World, basically, I would want to rewrite the whole movie, but the main things I would like to change would be:

- Have the Indominus rex use the camouflage more frequently;
- Keep that scrapped scene of the monorail falling in the lagoon and being attacked by the Mosasaurus;
- Have Rexy defeat the Indominus on her own, or at least, deliver the finishing blown. If the whole point of Jurassic World's final fight is to redeem the T. rex after the fight in Jurassic Park III, then let the T. rex kill the damn thing.

For Fallen Kingdom:

- Replace Franklin with Lowery. Considering he was an employee from Jurassic World, knows Claire, and is compassionate towards the dinosaurs, it would make much more sense for him to come back and join the DPG, and he can do anything that Franklin can. He could be a more sarcastic comic relief, and it would be really fun to see him join in on the action and interact with the dinosaurs, considering he spent all of Jurassic World inside the Control Room.
- Make the volcano more accurately dangerous, and by extent, remove the more over-the-top scenes like Owen surviving a pyroclastic flow, and Baryonyx shrugging off lava to the head.
- Show a little bit more of Jurassic World's ruins. We never got to see much of the park itself in the first place, and Fallen Kingdom kind of skims over it. They just go to main's streets ruins, look at the Brachiosaurus and go to the radio tower.
- Have one of the characters mention when seeing the Brachiosaurus on main street that they don't have the means necessary to rescue it because of its size.
- Tone down Owen's action-hero stunts, including his overlong fight in the auction with the henchmen. Actually, tone down Owen in general.
- Either give the Mosasaurus its own sequence or just don't show it escaping at all and reveal it is dead (I'm not a big fan of the JW Mosasaurus).
- Instead of Styggi and Owen messing the auction, I would have all of the dinosaurs being released and causing havoc and destruction in the auction à la Cabin in the Woods. Naturally then, there would be no "hydrogen cyanide threatening the dinosaurs" on this version.
- Considering Wheatley spent the whole movie mistreating Nublar's dinosaurs, I think a more karmic death for him would be to be killed by one of the herbivores. Maybe the Stegosaurus he pulled a tooth from, or a more unexpected dinosaur, like being mauled and trampled by a Gallimimus or a Parasaurolophus. In this version, the Indoraptor would instead be freed by Mills as a last resort after the auction goes to hell, and he would sic it on Owen, Claire and Maisie using the laser gun.
- Since in this version there would be no cyanide hydrogen scene, and Mills just sics the Indoraptor on the group in the auction, I would rewrite all of the final scene after Blue kills the Indoraptor: after the Indoraptor's death, instead of running off, Blue stays, and Owen, Claire and Maisie go down to the main hall, finding Zia and Lowery waiting there already. Owen approaches Blue and the scene plays out much like their final scene in the movie (but in the main hall instead of the outside of the mansion). Blue runs off through the mansion's doors, and the group follows her out of the mansion. Owen watches from the steps as she gives one last call before disappearing into the woods. The group stays watching for a few seconds, when suddenly they are surprised by Mills (who is holding the Indominus bone), accompanied by two of his armed men. Mills demands for Maisie to come with him on his car, and the main characters refuse to let him have her. This is the time he would have his monologue about Maisie's origins, and then Lowery would notice some puddles in the ground (made by the rain) are rippling, and he would try to warn Mills before being told to shut up. Mills final words would be "you are gonna go back in time before Hammond decided to play God? You can't put it back in the box!", and the suddenly Rexy would blindside his men (instead of the Indoraptor, like in the original movie). The main characters look for cover, and Maisie gets separated and tries to hide below Mills's car. Mills follows her and tries to kick her out of the car (like in Lost World novel), when suddenly Rexy pulls Mills from under the car and kills him, plays tug of war with the Carnotaurus before scaring him of, gives her roar, and smashes the Indominus bone before going to the woods. Maisie watches her stomping off in amazement, holding closely her toy T. rex from the Jurassic Park diorama. Then, there would be a transition to the ending montage, like in the actual movie. This way, the characters witness Mills's death, unlike in the actual movie, where, as far as they know, he is still alive.
- Give Lockwood and Iris more dignified send-offs.
- Rewrite ALL of Malcolm's dialogue.

"Try to imagine yourself in the Late Quaternary. You get your first look at this six-foot Psittacosaurus as you enter a city. You stay still, because you think that maybe its visual acuity is based on movement. Maybe it's not all that bright. But no... not Homo sapiens. You stare at it, and it stares right back at you. And that's when it starts shooting you with this... THE GUN!" - Dr. Mongoliensis
Back to top Go down
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: JW&JWFK: What would you do differently and how? (SPOILERS)   JW&JWFK: What would you do differently and how? (SPOILERS) Icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2018 3:09 am

I would have erased the human cloning thing entirely.

Embryo
Embryo
Mosasurfus

PostSubject: Re: JW&JWFK: What would you do differently and how? (SPOILERS)   JW&JWFK: What would you do differently and how? (SPOILERS) Icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2018 6:11 am

Hey guys, new user, just saw FK yesterday Smile

My main gripes were the villains, and their death scenes.

First of all I think I would have changed Toby Jones' character to be female, just to introduce some variety, and it makes more sense for it to be him (even though I enjoyed his character).

Secondly I would have changed how the Indoraptor escapes, and why, probably have Stiggy accidentally headbutt the lock on the door, damaging it enough for it to open later.

Then I would have Wheatley be a bit less dumb before his Death scene. I think we all knew what would happen as soon as he entered the Cage. Additionally, I perceived him as taking the teeth for Financial purposes, seeing as how much the Indominus bone was worth, so maybe a line alluding to that, instead of him risking his life for a tooth for his necklace. Beyond that, I would have had him trying to get the tooth from outside of the Cage, through the bars, at which point the Indoraptor grabs his hand and pulls his arm off or something through the Cage - I think that would have been a nice unsettling moment, and I feel like there were a bit too many scenes of soldiers screaming as a dino stood over them. He could either die then and there, run away and die from blood-loss (Again, something we havent seen often), og be caught up later as he tried to escape.

With the auctioneer Death scene, I would have had her enter the elevator in the confusion, type in the code and then someone try to enter, only to get caught by the Indo. The victim is holding the door open, so the auctioneer pries away thevfingers in order for it to close, instead of trying to help (futilely, but still), and the rest happens like in the movie, maybe with a nice graphic bite instead of Trump hair.

With Mills, I think again we knew kind of what was going to happen (even if the crushed-by-car didnt happen like we thought). So I would have had him grab the indominus bone and get in a car, driving away as the camera pans up. We then cut to another short scene with Owen and the others, so we actually think Mills is getting away for a while, like Wu did in JW1.

We see him grabbing his phone to make a call, where the audience thinks he's going to set up JW3, at which point his car is knocked off the road, either by Stiggy or an Ankylo, Tri, or even the Stegosaurus. The car falls down a hill and he escapes, at which point we hear the ground shake, maybe a roar that reverberates through the trees so you don't know from where it's coming, and the rest can happen like in the movie, or he could try to escape in the dark. Maybe the toppled car's headlights could reveal the T-rex eyes in the dark, like a retina-shine. I always thought that looked creepy, and it would be a nice moment for Rexy.

Non-death-scene-wise, I probably would have changed the final fight with the Indo - I don't know how Claire climbed all the way up there with an injured leg, but a short scene of her seeing the Indo on the roof through a window and then deciding to take action would have helped. I don't know how clever I thought their laser-pointing ruse with Owen was either - did he expect for it to jump so he could slide under it?
Also, I get that there needed to be a reason to purchase the Indo, but the laser-targeting system could probably have needed a rework. They could have changed it to be like a tracking-dog, where it would never let go of a prey whose scent it had caught - like how it tracked Maisie by her smell all the way.

I remember reading something about raptors mimicking human voices, like birds, so I was sure this would be in the movie - would anyone have liked to see that? I think it could have been nice and unsettling, especially in the mansion.

So yeah, those are my main gripes Smile I still liked the movie, but I would have liked the final fight to be cooler, as well as the Death scenes to be more satisfying. Maybe that will change on second view.
Back to top Go down
owenpratt
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus
owenpratt

PostSubject: Re: JW&JWFK: What would you do differently and how? (SPOILERS)   JW&JWFK: What would you do differently and how? (SPOILERS) Icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2018 7:26 am

Sickle_Claw wrote:

What? Weren't you happy about it? Maybe I misunderstood then lol
I think it was the best twist of the Jurassic sequels so far. Then if you talk about the fear that JW3 will go too much further with that, then I agree.

My Twitter: https://twitter.com/owenpratt93
Back to top Go down
Bionic
Hatchling
Hatchling
Bionic

PostSubject: Re: JW&JWFK: What would you do differently and how? (SPOILERS)   JW&JWFK: What would you do differently and how? (SPOILERS) Icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2018 9:20 am

@ Owenpratt
I don't think it was very well executed. You could smell from a mile away that something was off with the girl. And then they basically gave it away before the actual 'twist' with the picture of her mother and Iris.
Back to top Go down
Mosasurfus
Embryo
Embryo
Mosasurfus

PostSubject: Re: JW&JWFK: What would you do differently and how? (SPOILERS)   JW&JWFK: What would you do differently and how? (SPOILERS) Icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2018 9:40 am

owenpratt wrote:
Sickle_Claw wrote:

I think it was the best twist of the Jurassic sequels so far. Then if you talk about the fear that JW3 will go too much further with that, then I agree.

I really liked it too. I didn't make the connection when I watched the movie - the the Picture was of her, so who was the older lady was my question.
Back to top Go down
owenpratt
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus
owenpratt

PostSubject: Re: JW&JWFK: What would you do differently and how? (SPOILERS)   JW&JWFK: What would you do differently and how? (SPOILERS) Icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2018 9:57 am

Bionic wrote:
@ Owenpratt
I don't think it was very well executed. You could smell from a mile away that something was off with the girl. And then they basically gave it away before the actual 'twist' with the picture of her mother and Iris.

It's not like they gave it away..? I mean, that scene was meant to make the audience think there was something wrong about Maisie.
Then Mills explains it with exposition lines later.

Back to top Go down
Bionic
Hatchling
Hatchling
Bionic

PostSubject: Re: JW&JWFK: What would you do differently and how? (SPOILERS)   JW&JWFK: What would you do differently and how? (SPOILERS) Icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2018 10:15 am

I think they did, well I knew what was up the moment I saw the picture, it seemed pretty obvious. I also heard others say that the hint wasn't exactly very subtle. But then again that's one of the problems with this movie, many things very pretty predictable. I also never bought for second that Mills was a good guy.
Back to top Go down
owenpratt
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus
owenpratt

PostSubject: Re: JW&JWFK: What would you do differently and how? (SPOILERS)   JW&JWFK: What would you do differently and how? (SPOILERS) Icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2018 10:19 am

Bionic wrote:
I think they did, well I knew what was up the moment I saw the picture, it seemed pretty obvious. I also heard others say that the hint wasn't exactly very subtle. But then again that's one of the problems with this movie, many things very pretty predictable. I also never bought for second that Mills was a good guy.

Yeah but I think that photo scene was meant to be understood. Then it's up to people whether if they get the twist or not. I mean, the problem might be the opposite: not understanding the scene. But either way, Mills explains it later.

Back to top Go down
Mosasurfus
Embryo
Embryo
Mosasurfus

PostSubject: Re: JW&JWFK: What would you do differently and how? (SPOILERS)   JW&JWFK: What would you do differently and how? (SPOILERS) Icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2018 11:40 am

Bionic wrote:

I saw Mills in less than a second too - just something about the way they shot him on the stairs told me he was evil. It's strange, because I've had this before, but I can't put my finger on why I could guess.
Back to top Go down
owenpratt
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus
owenpratt

PostSubject: Re: JW&JWFK: What would you do differently and how? (SPOILERS)   JW&JWFK: What would you do differently and how? (SPOILERS) Icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2018 1:04 pm

Mosasurfus wrote:
Bionic wrote:

I saw Mills in less than a second too - just something about the way they shot him on the stairs told me he was evil. It's strange, because I've had this before, but I can't put my finger on why I could guess.

It's the outfit. He's in a suit, you can't trust him lol

Back to top Go down
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: JW&JWFK: What would you do differently and how? (SPOILERS)   JW&JWFK: What would you do differently and how? (SPOILERS) Icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2018 2:23 pm

owenpratt wrote:
Sickle_Claw wrote:

Yeah. Im just basically worried at this point that they are going to reveal Wu saying in JW3 that he put raptor dna in her when she was created.

Otherwise, she's fine.

Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus
owenpratt

PostSubject: Re: JW&JWFK: What would you do differently and how? (SPOILERS)   JW&JWFK: What would you do differently and how? (SPOILERS) Icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2018 2:40 pm

Sickle_Claw wrote:
owenpratt wrote:
Sickle_Claw wrote:

Yeah. Im just basically worried at this point that they are going to reveal Wu saying in JW3 that he put raptor dna in her when she was created.

Otherwise, she's fine.

Oh, got it. By the way I don't think Maisie has Raptor DNA inside her or similar. I thinks she doesn't need further twists related to her. But I would be so curious to see how she will handle her essence in JW3.

Back to top Go down
Mosasurfus
Embryo
Embryo
Mosasurfus

PostSubject: Re: JW&JWFK: What would you do differently and how? (SPOILERS)   JW&JWFK: What would you do differently and how? (SPOILERS) Icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2018 3:00 pm

Sickle_Claw wrote:
owenpratt wrote:
Sickle_Claw wrote:

Otherwise, she's fine.

Some people speculate that she has dino-DNA in her because of the way the shots lingered on her eyes and how her face was reflected in the Indo's, but that's just as easily explained with the fact she's a clone. I really liked her character, but dino-DNA would ruin it for me.
Also, do we know that Wu made her, or are we guessing?
Back to top Go down
Dilophosaurus
Gallimimus
Gallimimus
Dilophosaurus

PostSubject: Re: JW&JWFK: What would you do differently and how? (SPOILERS)   JW&JWFK: What would you do differently and how? (SPOILERS) Icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2018 3:10 pm

Mosasurfus wrote:

Good point actually. It was never confirmed in the film, and Wu would have been working at Jurassic World when she was cloned.
Back to top Go down
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: JW&JWFK: What would you do differently and how? (SPOILERS)   JW&JWFK: What would you do differently and how? (SPOILERS) Icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2018 3:15 pm

Mosasurfus wrote:
Sickle_Claw wrote:
owenpratt wrote:
Sickle_Claw wrote:

Otherwise, she's fine.

Some people speculate that she has dino-DNA in her because of the way the shots lingered on her eyes and how her face was reflected in the Indo's, but that's just as easily explained with the fact she's a clone. I really liked her character, but dino-DNA would ruin it for me.

Yeah at least two people who saw the movie thought this as well, that they were going to say something like that. Well, Wu is a strong guess for me, and maybe thats why Mills wanted her at the end. Not just bc she's the heir to the lockwood estate, but also because her heritage as a clone he could maybe use.

Gallimimus
Gallimimus
Dilophosaurus

PostSubject: Re: JW&JWFK: What would you do differently and how? (SPOILERS)   JW&JWFK: What would you do differently and how? (SPOILERS) Icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2018 5:06 pm

In the scene where the Baryonyx attacks Claire and Franklin I would replace it with a Dilophosaurus. Imagine when they first see it's small silhouette lighted up by the lava and hear a hoot, they would breath a sigh of relief that it was just a small dinosaur, but then the lava would light it up a second time and it would have it's frill up and start spitting at them. Franklin would scream as spit lands on his shirt. The second time it spits would be blocked by lava and they would escape up the ladder while the Dilo spits up at them with a partially burned frill.

Then in the gyrosphere scene I would have the Dilo running next to them. It would see them and put it's frill up while it spat at the gyrosphere before it gets taken out by a rock from the volcano.

Then in the auction scene Everoll would show the buyers a Dilo. It will have been muzzled so that it can't spit but you can see how frustrated it is as it puts it's frill up and desperately tries to spit at the buyers.

Then at the end when Mills is escaping the first dinosaur that comes out of the building is a Dilo. He looks at it confused before it suddenly spits in his eyes, blinding him. Then the rest of the stampede comes out, scaring the Dilo off, while Mills is walking around competely blind as the stampede runs past him with various dinosaurs just barely missing him by inches. He survives the stampede by sheer luck, but then he hears a stomp, and then another stomp, and then another. He's flailing around with his hands, desperately trying to find somewhere to hide, when he touches something. Something breathes on him. He realises with horror that it's Rexy's snout and Rexy is sniffing at him. You know the rest.  Very Happy
Back to top Go down
owenpratt
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus
owenpratt

PostSubject: Re: JW&JWFK: What would you do differently and how? (SPOILERS)   JW&JWFK: What would you do differently and how? (SPOILERS) Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2018 6:04 am

Dilophosaurus wrote:
In the scene where the Baryonyx attacks Claire and Franklin I would replace it with a Dilophosaurus. Imagine when they first see it's small silhouette lighted up by the lava and hear a hoot, they would breath a sigh of relief that it was just a small dinosaur, but then the lava would light it up a second time and it would have it's frill up and start spitting at them. Franklin would scream as spit lands on his shirt. The second time it spits would be blocked by lava and they would escape up the ladder while the Dilo spits up at them with a partially burned frill.

Then in the gyrosphere scene I would have the Dilo running next to them. It would see them and put it's frill up while it spat at the gyrosphere before it gets taken out by a rock from the volcano.

Then in the auction scene Everoll would show the buyers a Dilo. It will have been muzzled so that it can't spit but you can see how frustrated it is as it puts it's frill up and desperately tries to spit at the buyers.

Then at the end when Mills is escaping the first dinosaur that comes out of the building is a Dilo. He looks at it confused before it suddenly spits in his eyes, blinding him. Then the rest of the stampede comes out, scaring the Dilo off, while Mills is walking around competely blind as the stampede runs past him with various dinosaurs just barely missing him by inches. He survives the stampede by sheer luck, but then he hears a stomp, and then another stomp, and then another. He's flailing around with his hands, desperately trying to find somewhere to hide, when he touches something. Something breathes on him. He realises with horror that it's Rexy's snout and Rexy is sniffing at him. You know the rest.  Very Happy

Would have been cool!
Anyway, I think JW3 is going to feature the Dilophosaurus. It was hinted in JW with the hologram and in FK with the statue AND her sound (if I heard well) during the opening scene when you see the foliage being moved.

Back to top Go down
Dilophosaurus
Gallimimus
Gallimimus
Dilophosaurus

PostSubject: Re: JW&JWFK: What would you do differently and how? (SPOILERS)   JW&JWFK: What would you do differently and how? (SPOILERS) Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2018 7:02 am

owenpratt wrote:
Dilophosaurus wrote:

Would have been cool!
Anyway, I think JW3 is going to feature the Dilophosaurus. It was hinted in JW with the hologram and in FK with the statue AND her sound (if I heard well) during the opening scene when you see the foliage being moved.

I sure hope so, Fallen Kingdom would have been a great place to feature the Dilo but it doesn't look like they rescued any. So we are relying on other companies to clone Dilos which seems kind of unlikely. Unless they say that Dilos were rescued but somehow remained off screen for the entire movie.

Also I'm annoyed because the Dilo hoot when the bush rustles definitely didn't play in my cinema (I've seen it three times). My theory is that one of the surround sound speakers is broken as presumably the hoot comes from behind (as the bush is behind the guy).
Back to top Go down
Spiegel
Stegosaurus
Stegosaurus
Spiegel

PostSubject: Re: JW&JWFK: What would you do differently and how? (SPOILERS)   JW&JWFK: What would you do differently and how? (SPOILERS) Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2018 8:00 pm

Jurassic World:

1. I would remove the entire Hybrid plot, instead simply using somewhat more scientifically accurate animals as the threat. Perhaps a very feral, feathered raptor pack being the main threat while the more controlled, less accurate raptor pack was used to oppose them.
2. I would have explored the park more, leaving out silly crap about the boys parents being divorced. We should have seen some more dinosaurs as well as more of the functioning park to include some of the science.
3. Mosasaur was really cool but not really needed, plus how we hardcore fans are supposed to believe they recovered DNA from an extinct marine reptile is beyond me. They could have at least explained it.

JWFK:
1.Should have been two movies as Bayonna did great but I feel we could have had better if he had more time.
2. Remove the threat of the Volcano and instead have the threat involve a disease killing the dinosaur population, thus not removing the island and its history under layers of burning lava. There was so much there to explore that could have built on the original story and now its simply gone. Though this would probably mean another return to the island movie, it could tie up lose ends.
3. The whole clone child thing, just completely get rid of it. Its not so much that it doesnt have some potential but that I dont count on the next movie taking it in a good direction or taking away from the idea of dinosaurs. I dont want more Alien: Covenant or Prometheus, movies that have a hard time tying into the originals.
4. I would move Lockwood Manor from California and place in Costa Rica, which would help with pacing as the journey would only take a day and it would allow the dinosaurs to escape into an environment in which they truly have a chance to rise and threaten humanity. I would have also pushed the idea that some dinosaurs were male.
5. I would keep the ending nearly the same, but expand on it to allow the idea that the dinosaurs are on the mainland and truly are a threat. I would leave it an open ending with the idea that there could be future installments or a TV series in which a group/organization is built to help eradicate and stop the proliferation of dinosaurs. I would also dip back into the idea that they carry extinct diseases that are now threatening humanity, even if it could only be spread to live stock, to make it that much more important to isolate, contain, and exterminate them.

owenpratt
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus
owenpratt

PostSubject: Re: JW&JWFK: What would you do differently and how? (SPOILERS)   JW&JWFK: What would you do differently and how? (SPOILERS) Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2018 5:09 am

There's so much things I strongly disagree but I think I'll give up lol I'm just glad I loved FK and can see the beauty of it.

Back to top Go down
Dilophosaurus
Gallimimus
Gallimimus
Dilophosaurus

PostSubject: Re: JW&JWFK: What would you do differently and how? (SPOILERS)   JW&JWFK: What would you do differently and how? (SPOILERS) Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2018 5:23 am

Spiegel wrote:

3. Mosasaur was really cool but not really needed, plus how we hardcore fans are supposed to believe they recovered DNA from an extinct marine reptile is beyond me. They could have at least explained it.

My theory is that a mosquito sucked blood from a beached mososaur.
Back to top Go down
Mosasurfus
Embryo
Embryo
Mosasurfus

PostSubject: Re: JW&JWFK: What would you do differently and how? (SPOILERS)   JW&JWFK: What would you do differently and how? (SPOILERS) Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2018 12:10 pm

Dilophosaurus wrote:
Spiegel wrote:

My theory is that a mosquito sucked blood from a beached mososaur.

Or caught him mid-air Smile
Back to top Go down
Mr. Robustus
Compsognathus
Compsognathus
Mr. Robustus

PostSubject: Re: JW&JWFK: What would you do differently and how? (SPOILERS)   JW&JWFK: What would you do differently and how? (SPOILERS) Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2018 12:27 pm

Spiegel wrote:

There is a throwaway line in the movie that's supposed to explain that: when the two boys are waiting in the gyrosphere line, Gray is talking about how the geneticists are able to extract DNA directly from fossils, and not just from mosquitoes in amber. I think Colin even mentioned that when someone asked him on twitter.

Also, agreed on the Mosasaurus not really being needed. We are two movies in, and that thing has yet to be put to good use. The only thing of note it did so far was deliver the killing blow to the Indominus rex, and I think most people (or at least, the people I talk to) agree that it would've been much satisfactory had the T. rex delivered the final bow. In Fallen Kingdom, it's basically

It's basically there for "trailer money shots", because people are impressed by giant aquatic creatures, or something. Even Telltale put their Tylosaurus to better use.

"Try to imagine yourself in the Late Quaternary. You get your first look at this six-foot Psittacosaurus as you enter a city. You stay still, because you think that maybe its visual acuity is based on movement. Maybe it's not all that bright. But no... not Homo sapiens. You stare at it, and it stares right back at you. And that's when it starts shooting you with this... THE GUN!" - Dr. Mongoliensis
Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: JW&JWFK: What would you do differently and how? (SPOILERS)   JW&JWFK: What would you do differently and how? (SPOILERS) Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2018 4:41 pm

I would stop being a complete dick and give the fans a scene with a Dilo. Even if it were in the background or just a glimpse in a cage.

Before you call me entitled THEY are the ones teasing this animal constantly. In the toys, the viral marketing and the films.

Dilo could have had a fantastic horror esq scene under Bayona.
Back to top Go down
owenpratt
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus
owenpratt

PostSubject: Re: JW&JWFK: What would you do differently and how? (SPOILERS)   JW&JWFK: What would you do differently and how? (SPOILERS) Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2018 5:19 am

Troyal1 wrote:
I would stop being a complete dick and give the fans a scene with a Dilo. Even if it were in the background or just a glimpse in a cage.

Before you call me entitled THEY are the ones teasing this animal constantly. In the toys, the viral marketing and the films.

I think at least Dilo will be in JW3.

Back to top Go down
Dv-218
Ceratosaurus
Ceratosaurus
Dv-218

PostSubject: Re: JW&JWFK: What would you do differently and how? (SPOILERS)   JW&JWFK: What would you do differently and how? (SPOILERS) Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2018 10:00 am

Yeah, after all of this cock-teasing there is no way they won't put a Dilo in JW3 lol
Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: JW&JWFK: What would you do differently and how? (SPOILERS)   JW&JWFK: What would you do differently and how? (SPOILERS) Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2018 11:59 am

owenpratt wrote:
Troyal1 wrote:

I think at least Dilo will be in JW3.

I hope so. Someone on twitter said something interesting. Dilo vs raptor was here in a statue. It was also Dilo vs raptor in JW via hologram. Hmmm

What would I change?

The pacing and dialogue were my main issues with the movie really. I felt some of the acting was especially poor. I would like the conversations to feel more natural and less over the top. Also could use about 20 minutes more for the island and character development.
Back to top Go down
TheRexMan22
Veteran
Veteran
TheRexMan22

PostSubject: Re: JW&JWFK: What would you do differently and how? (SPOILERS)   JW&JWFK: What would you do differently and how? (SPOILERS) Icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2018 5:30 pm

I wouldn't change a thing about either movie.

[color=#33ccff]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: JW&JWFK: What would you do differently and how? (SPOILERS)   JW&JWFK: What would you do differently and how? (SPOILERS) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

JW&JWFK: What would you do differently and how? (SPOILERS)
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next