Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

JW&JWFK: What would you do differently and how? (SPOILERS)

Go down 
+18
eagc7
Herrerasaurus
BarrytheOnyx
TheDreamMaster
Levine
The Malone Society
Lost
Spinosaur4.4
TheRexMan22
Dv-218
Troyal1
Dilophosaurus
Bionic
owenpratt
Mosasurfus
Sickle_Claw
Mr. Robustus
Spiegel
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
TheDreamMaster
Administrator
Administrator
TheDreamMaster

JW&JWFK: What would you do differently and how? (SPOILERS) - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: JW&JWFK: What would you do differently and how? (SPOILERS)   JW&JWFK: What would you do differently and how? (SPOILERS) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2018 6:06 pm

I mentioned tightening up the film in my other posts, one thing occurred to me although I feel like people would complain we didn’t get to see Rexy on Nublar again.

-Cut the Carnotaurus save. Make everything happen as is, but have the falling lava rocks crash into the gyrosphere, knocking over the Carno and sending the Gyrosphere rolling. It’d remove one of the “hero moments” they need to stop shoving the Rex into, and you’d still get the cool shot where they’re on the beach, and you are wondering what all they have, and suddenly here comes the chopper with Rex.

-Also, give Wheatley a little more motivation. He may have been a hunter, but the teeth thing felt so tacked on to get the Indoraptor loose later.

"We'll use the Force."- Finn
 "That's not how the Force works!"- Han Solo
Back to top Go down
#TRexSpinorematch
Nublar Velociraptor
Nublar Velociraptor
#TRexSpinorematch

PostSubject: Re: JW&JWFK: What would you do differently and how? (SPOILERS)   JW&JWFK: What would you do differently and how? (SPOILERS) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2018 8:53 am

JW:

-No hybrids, they take all the focus away from the dinosaurs and make them seem less.

-Instead go for the original script where they discover a new but "real" dinosaur they know nothing about

-IF there has to be an Indominus hybrid then let Rexy kill it by hereself in the final fight. No tag teams or triple teams and no Rexy getting nearly killed and definetly no Blue saving her. Rexy getting nearly killed only to be saved and not even be the one to finish the Indominus is probably THE most unsatisfying moment in the franchise for me. I seriously can not see how some people say she got "redemption" and I really can not understand how some fans can say Rexy "won" against the Indominus. Im like "What movie were they watching?"

-No cartoony villian.

-More dialogue about the state of Isla Sorna.

JWFK:

-No Rexy and Blue playing heroic roles or "good" dinosaurs.

-Enough with the "T Rex comes in to take down an antagonist". Seriously it has been done 5 times in the 5 films (Twice in this one) at this point it is not even a cliche but the fact that Rexy eve does the same pose as the original makes it border on comedy now.

-Make a different threat for the Island, no Volcano destroying it

-Make characters from The Lost World return!!!! Sarah!! Nick!! Kelly! To many they are as classic as the ones fom the original!
Back to top Go down
Viperman
Embryo
Embryo
Viperman

PostSubject: Re: JW&JWFK: What would you do differently and how? (SPOILERS)   JW&JWFK: What would you do differently and how? (SPOILERS) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2018 5:20 pm

#TRexSpinorematch wrote:
JWFK:

-Make characters from The Lost World return!!!! Sarah!! Nick!! Kelly! To many they are as classic as the ones fom the original!

I thought most people hated those characters haha. Though I would've liked to at least have a mention of Sarah, I wonder if her and Malcolm stayed together/got married. But I think Julianne Moore doesn't care to reprise the role.

Personally for Fallen Kingdom I would make the island parts/search for blue longer, Have either Zia or Franklin get eaten, or both (That's the biggest fault of the movie for me, the only people who die are "bad guys", you never get any sense that the main group are in danger), make Blue more viscous like she was in JW (again Dinosaurs somehow know to only eat bad people), and maybe include Lowery and Barry in some way.

There's some other stuff I would change but that's the basic gist of what I'd do.
Back to top Go down
#TRexSpinorematch
Nublar Velociraptor
Nublar Velociraptor
#TRexSpinorematch

PostSubject: Re: JW&JWFK: What would you do differently and how? (SPOILERS)   JW&JWFK: What would you do differently and how? (SPOILERS) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2018 6:07 pm

Nah that's the "Nobody cares about TLW" myth that the internet keeps repeating since youtube (2006-present).

If you ask around most people are actually ok with TLW and it's characters. The only characters in the franchise that are unpopular with almost everybody are the Kirbys.

https://www.facebook.com/Petition-to-have-a-T-Rex-Spinosaurus-rematch-in-Jurassic-World-2-194141920665797/
Back to top Go down
Lost
Ceratosaurus
Ceratosaurus
Lost

PostSubject: Re: JW&JWFK: What would you do differently and how? (SPOILERS)   JW&JWFK: What would you do differently and how? (SPOILERS) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2018 7:49 pm

#TRexSpinorematch wrote:
Instead go for the original script where they discover a new but "real" dinosaur they know nothing about

I remember there was talk about this. Wish it had become reality, would've loved to see what kind of dinosaur they chose. There's really no need for hybrids, the real dinosaurs are awesome enough (to paraphrase Owen), and there's more than enough of them to choose from. The concept of hybrids was cool I guess, but I can't wait to get more real dinosaurs in JW3. That was more than enough in the classic first movie.
Back to top Go down
Viperman
Embryo
Embryo
Viperman

PostSubject: Re: JW&JWFK: What would you do differently and how? (SPOILERS)   JW&JWFK: What would you do differently and how? (SPOILERS) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2018 8:00 pm

#TRexSpinorematch wrote:
Nah that's the "Nobody cares about TLW" myth that the internet keeps repeating since youtube  (2006-present).

If you ask around most people are actually ok with TLW and it's characters. The only characters in the franchise that are unpopular with almost everybody are the Kirbys.
IDK, I know a lot of fans (not just GA) don't like Nick for being reckless. But Sarah's mostly fine despite doing some stupid things. I always wanted to know what happened to Nick after they got off the island, I feel like Ludlow and InGen would've made sure some kind of legal action was taken against him for what he did on Sorna, same with the Kirby's flying illegally to the island, kidnapping Grant with a fake check and being responsible for the Mercs dying. I wish JW or FK had given us an update on them, maybe JW3 will but I doubt it.

Lost wrote:
#TRexSpinorematch wrote:
Instead go for the original script where they discover a new but "real" dinosaur they know nothing about

I remember there was talk about this. Wish it had become reality, would've loved to see what kind of dinosaur they chose. There's really no need for hybrids, the real dinosaurs are awesome enough (to paraphrase Owen), and there's more than enough of them to choose from. The concept of hybrids was cool I guess, but I can't wait to get more real dinosaurs in JW3. That was more than enough in the classic first movie.

Well that's the thing, the "real" dinosaur in that version of the script was still a fictional species called Malasaurus, but they decided that if they were gonna go with a made up dinosaur, it shouldn't be a real dinosaur in-universe as well.
Back to top Go down
owenpratt
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus
owenpratt

PostSubject: Re: JW&JWFK: What would you do differently and how? (SPOILERS)   JW&JWFK: What would you do differently and how? (SPOILERS) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2018 4:41 am

Viperman wrote:

That's the biggest fault of the movie for me, the only people who die are "bad guys", you never get any sense that the main group are in danger

That's probably the audience/fans's fault.
I've listened to a podcast yesterday in which Colin said that this time only the bad guys die, there's no undeserved death.
I'm 100% sure this happened because of the Zara's death criticism/backlash.

If you ask me, that criticism never made sense to me. And now it hurted FK with its very predictable deaths. (I still loved the movie btw).

My Twitter: https://twitter.com/owenpratt93
Back to top Go down
Dv-218
Ceratosaurus
Ceratosaurus
Dv-218

PostSubject: Re: JW&JWFK: What would you do differently and how? (SPOILERS)   JW&JWFK: What would you do differently and how? (SPOILERS) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2018 6:18 am

I will say that despite the fact it was predictable, I enjoyed watching Mills get ripped apart. Mainly because unlike the carno scene, rexy didn't actually "save" anyone lol.
(I would still remove the "open paddock 9" reprise and the pose (as awesome as it was), to make it seem less cheesy and heroic).
Back to top Go down
owenpratt
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus
owenpratt

PostSubject: Re: JW&JWFK: What would you do differently and how? (SPOILERS)   JW&JWFK: What would you do differently and how? (SPOILERS) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2018 6:20 am

Dv-218 wrote:
I will say that despite the fact it was predictable, I enjoyed watching Mills get ripped apart. Mainly because unlike the carno scene, rexy didn't actually "save" anyone lol.

If Mills didn't die there, he would have brought the bone to someone else and they would start creating an army of Indoraptor, hence the humanity would have ended.
So the T-Rex, once again, saved everyone Laughing

Back to top Go down
Dv-218
Ceratosaurus
Ceratosaurus
Dv-218

PostSubject: Re: JW&JWFK: What would you do differently and how? (SPOILERS)   JW&JWFK: What would you do differently and how? (SPOILERS) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2018 6:22 am

Hahahahaha atleast she did so indirectly Very Happy

But yeah I would love if they tone down "heroic rex" in JW3.
Back to top Go down
owenpratt
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus
owenpratt

PostSubject: Re: JW&JWFK: What would you do differently and how? (SPOILERS)   JW&JWFK: What would you do differently and how? (SPOILERS) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2018 6:44 am

Dv-218 wrote:
Hahahahaha atleast she did so indirectly Very Happy

But yeah I would love if they tone down "heroic rex" in JW3.

Consequentially, Maisie saved the world by releasing the dinosaurs. It's better to have some normal dinosaurs on mainland than an army of Indoraptors lol

Anyway, I liked how the T-Rex felt once again a threat in the opening scene. Hope in JW3 they will keep that.

Back to top Go down
Dv-218
Ceratosaurus
Ceratosaurus
Dv-218

PostSubject: Re: JW&JWFK: What would you do differently and how? (SPOILERS)   JW&JWFK: What would you do differently and how? (SPOILERS) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2018 7:06 am

Even though the deaths and damage caused by the dinosaurs in JW3 will bring up some moral issues about Maisie's decision, you actually have a good point lol. It's honestly horrifying to imagine what would happen if nutjobs like Hoskins and Mills actually succeed in their mission...And despite their goal, lives definiatly won't be saved here...
I think it's a perfect example of "doing horrible things out of good intentions".

I agree 100% about the rex thing: no more fighting the evil dinosaur to save the heroes, no more appearing out of nowhere to eat the villain- JW3 should have her (or another rex if she dies) as purely an animal who tries to survive, a force of nature and a terrifying predator who doesn't pick sides...or meals. Basically, like the JWFK opening, which showed that perfectly.

Last edited by Dv-218 on Wed Jul 04, 2018 11:33 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Dilophosaurus
Gallimimus
Gallimimus
Dilophosaurus

PostSubject: Re: JW&JWFK: What would you do differently and how? (SPOILERS)   JW&JWFK: What would you do differently and how? (SPOILERS) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2018 7:16 am

Dv-218 wrote:
Even though the deaths and damage caused by the dinosaurs in JW3 will bring up some moral issues about Maisie's decision, you actually have a good point lol. It's honestly horrifying to imagine what would happen if nutjobs like Hoskins and Mills actually succeed in their mission...And despite their goal, lives definiatly won't be saved here...
I think it's a perfect example of "doing horrible things out of good intentions".

I agree 100% about the rex thing: no more fighitng the evil dinosaur to save the heroes, no more appearing out of nowhere to eat the villain- JW3 should have her (or another rex if she dies) as purely an animal who tries to survive, a force of nature and a terrifying predator who doesn't pick sides...or meals. Basically, like the JWFK opening, which showed that perfectly.

I agree about rexy but I still hope she gets an emotional death scene in JW3.
Back to top Go down
Dv-218
Ceratosaurus
Ceratosaurus
Dv-218

PostSubject: Re: JW&JWFK: What would you do differently and how? (SPOILERS)   JW&JWFK: What would you do differently and how? (SPOILERS) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2018 7:26 am

^I completely agree, although it would probably rival the Brach scene in emotional impact...
And if Grant and Sattler are present...geez... Sad
Back to top Go down
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: JW&JWFK: What would you do differently and how? (SPOILERS)   JW&JWFK: What would you do differently and how? (SPOILERS) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 05, 2018 1:00 am

owenpratt wrote:
Viperman wrote:

That's the biggest fault of the movie for me, the only people who die are "bad guys", you never get any sense that the main group are in danger

I've listened to a podcast yesterday in which Colin said that this time only the bad guys die, there's no undeserved death.

If you ask me, that criticism never made sense to me. And now it hurted FK with its very predictable deaths. (I still loved the movie btw).

So according to Trevorrow, Lockwood deserved his death? scratch

Embryo
Embryo
spectroul

PostSubject: Re: JW&JWFK: What would you do differently and how? (SPOILERS)   JW&JWFK: What would you do differently and how? (SPOILERS) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 05, 2018 1:31 am

The two movies would be so much stronger without the "let's weaponize the dinosaurs" plot, they're by far my least favorite element of the new trilogy so I would change that for sure. I don't know why Spielberg keeps asking Colin to invest in this plot, it doesn't make sense.

Back to top Go down
Mr. Robustus
Compsognathus
Compsognathus
Mr. Robustus

PostSubject: Re: JW&JWFK: What would you do differently and how? (SPOILERS)   JW&JWFK: What would you do differently and how? (SPOILERS) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 05, 2018 2:12 am

Gotta say, as cheesy as it can be, I love Rexy's obligatory "accidental hero moment". At this point, it's a staple of the Jurassic Park/World franchise, and it's always awesome to see the T. rex giving the villain its comeuppance (unless, of course, it's completely gratuitous, like in the volcano scene). She already killed the main villain in all of her movie appearances (heck, even in the Telltale game), it would be weird if she didn't do it one final time.

Also, if they want to make her (inevitable) death scene sad, you can't have her as only a ravenous carnivore trying to much the main characters throughout the movie (I mean, none of them shed a single tear for the Baryonyx they left to be burned alive in Fallen Kingdom). Although I do agree that having scenes like the opening of FK with her being a threat as a counterbalance for that would be really cool.

"Try to imagine yourself in the Late Quaternary. You get your first look at this six-foot Psittacosaurus as you enter a city. You stay still, because you think that maybe its visual acuity is based on movement. Maybe it's not all that bright. But no... not Homo sapiens. You stare at it, and it stares right back at you. And that's when it starts shooting you with this... THE GUN!" - Dr. Mongoliensis
Back to top Go down
owenpratt
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus
owenpratt

PostSubject: Re: JW&JWFK: What would you do differently and how? (SPOILERS)   JW&JWFK: What would you do differently and how? (SPOILERS) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 05, 2018 3:58 am

Sickle_Claw wrote:
owenpratt wrote:
Viperman wrote:

So according to Trevorrow, Lockwood deserved his death? scratch

I think he meant only deaths by dinosaurs

Back to top Go down
Dilophosaurus
Gallimimus
Gallimimus
Dilophosaurus

PostSubject: Re: JW&JWFK: What would you do differently and how? (SPOILERS)   JW&JWFK: What would you do differently and how? (SPOILERS) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 05, 2018 5:12 am

I prefer it when the deaths are balanced, like in JP and TLW. Yes we get awesome villain deaths (Nedry, Dieter, Ludlow), but we also get undeserved deaths (Muldoon, Arnold, Eddie).

Seems to me like Colin overcompensated a little because of the backlash over Zara's death by making every death in FK a bad guy/henchman. Hopefully we see some innocents die in JW3. Twisted Evil

Having said that, I think having Zia or Franklin die would have been a bit too cruel and would have put a massive downer on the movie.
Back to top Go down
Dv-218
Ceratosaurus
Ceratosaurus
Dv-218

PostSubject: Re: JW&JWFK: What would you do differently and how? (SPOILERS)   JW&JWFK: What would you do differently and how? (SPOILERS) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 05, 2018 5:25 am

^I agree with that . Personally the villain deaths are always my favorite- despite the fact that this can happen to anyone, seeing someone who the movie makes you despise (like Mills for instance) getting torn into shreds is always statisfiyng lol. But I agree it should balanced.

Although I wonder-perhaps the fact that only the villains die by dinosaurs in FK IS a response to the backlash which Zara's overly cruel and violent death received? I mean, I fail to see how it is any less cruel and undreserved than Eddy getting ripped in half or Nash, Cooper and Udesky getting murdered by the spino and the raptors, but I can defenitely see it as a factor.

And I agree with you on the last point. I actually enjoyed zia, her sarcasm was pretty funny (her conversation with Wu lmao Very Happy). Franklin was not as annoying as i expected, but I think Lowery should have been there instead lol.

And I agree with the point on rexy above. The villain's death in FK was indeed dreserved, and I even liked the pose rexy did after (it's actually fitting, "dinosaurs rule the earth" Very Happy).
Personally, I hope that in JW3 they won't extreme either way- don't make her a literal hero, but don't make her a mindless overly aggresive monster (like in the novel) either. Show her as a formidable predator, but also establish that she's just an animal trying to survive and that none of this situation is her fault. Basically, like JP, TLW and the FK opening.
And I completely agree that if she dies, it should be done emotionally, as sad as it would be..

(I actually hope Wu's death in JW3 is similar to the novel, but rexy can have the secondary villain if there is any Very Happy).
Back to top Go down
Lost
Ceratosaurus
Ceratosaurus
Lost

PostSubject: Re: JW&JWFK: What would you do differently and how? (SPOILERS)   JW&JWFK: What would you do differently and how? (SPOILERS) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 05, 2018 6:09 am

I think in real life, actually, t-rexes went around saving other animals, not killing and eating them. Think about it, we may have been wrong about this dinosaur this whole time. Its terrifying teeth and jaws were actually for saving and defending other dinosaurs. Millions and millions of years ago, t-rexes roamed the plains of prehistoric North-America looking for dinosaurs in trouble to save. We may have to rethink everything we thought we knew about this dinosaur.
Back to top Go down
Dv-218
Ceratosaurus
Ceratosaurus
Dv-218

PostSubject: Re: JW&JWFK: What would you do differently and how? (SPOILERS)   JW&JWFK: What would you do differently and how? (SPOILERS) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 05, 2018 6:16 am

^ROFLMAO XD
Rexpool movie when Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Nathanoraptor
Embryo
Embryo

PostSubject: Re: JW&JWFK: What would you do differently and how? (SPOILERS)   JW&JWFK: What would you do differently and how? (SPOILERS) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 07, 2018 7:29 pm

I'll do Jurassic World first. Not much alteration, but... I enjoyed the film.

* I'd have the Indominus rex use some of its abilities more frequently. Also, instead of the creature being publicised as the new star attraction of JW, it would be the result of a secret project being developed by InGen, foreshadowing the sequel. Hoskins would also secretly stage the I-rex's escape, as a "field test".
* Mills would also explicitly be the man behind Hoskins and Wu; he wouldn't appear physically or be named, but Hoskins and Wu would contact him at two separate points. The first time is after the I-rex's escape, in which Hoskins contacts Mills and tells him that the I-rex's escape was a success and that Hoskins will inform him of further updates.
* I'd have Quetzalcoatlus appear alongside the Pteranodon and Dimorphodon in the pterosaur sequence. I'd also add a couple more marine reptiles to go alongside the Mosasaurus; at least one species of plesiosaur and one species of ichthyosaur.
* The raptors would turn on Owen, but in a bit more of a nuanced way, rather than siding with the the I-rex; I think the Indominus worked better as a solo threat. Instead, the raptors attack the Indominus and... it doesn't go well for them. During the fight, Charlie is killed and, after she dies, the other three raptors flee into the jungle, abandoning Owen, who they see as having betrayed them. The I-rex then kills its way through the InGen mercenaries and chases the van (call back!) with Claire and the boys in it, before they manage to escape it.
* Hoskins' death happens the same way, although his dialogue is changed; he sneers at Owen and Claire that he wasn't working alone and that they can't stop what his benefactors have planned. His last words to them are "the next phase has already begun", foreshadowing the Indoraptor.
* The ending is pretty much the same as that of the actual film; Delta and Echo are killed by the I-rex, Claire releases Rexy and Rexy and Blue team up. However, there would be a post-credits scene, where Wu is on the phone to someone; as stated above, this person is Eli Mills. Wu comments that the I-rex was, ultimately, a failure and that there are things he needs to fix for "Phase Two"; all he needs is a sample of the I-rex's DNA. The last lines of the film are spoken by Wu, "Oh, don't worry about time; I have all the time in the world."

I'll do Fallen Kingdom tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: JW&JWFK: What would you do differently and how? (SPOILERS)   JW&JWFK: What would you do differently and how? (SPOILERS) - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

JW&JWFK: What would you do differently and how? (SPOILERS)
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3