Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

The Indoraptor (Spoilers)

Go down 
+8
TheRexMan22
Dv-218
BarrytheOnyx
Bionic
Dilophosaurus
Bbrink1996
owenpratt
Fredriksam
12 posters
AuthorMessage
Fredriksam
Embryo
Embryo
Fredriksam

The Indoraptor (Spoilers) Empty
PostSubject: The Indoraptor (Spoilers)   The Indoraptor (Spoilers) Icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2018 4:27 am

Well i liked the Indoraptor alot in the Movie. It was scary and had personality. It was also not animal like behaviour in some scenes. I liked the scene where it was roaring at the roff and also all chase scenes it had

The scene when it smiled before taking Wheatley was kind of fun. It showed it wasnt like the other animals

I noticed on some scenes that the Indoraptor was "shaking" a little. Maybe it had something to do with that it wasnt fully ready or it was the sickness mentioned in one of the behing the scenes feature.

I thought it had a cool colour also. The black mixed with the golden stripes. I like that.

It had a special "scream" also when it was mad or angry. The filmakers said in one feature that the Indoraptor had a roar or scream that was disturbing to human ears. It was actually quite high pitched.

The only bad thing with the Indoraptor was that Its death was very kind of cheap.

The Music for the Indoraptor was really awesome. I like this track very much

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mnm4VPDMdPE

I have made a gallery with screencaps of the Indoraptor.  I have only used the trailers, Tv spots and some features. Theres nothing pirated in there. I have used VLC player to make the screencaps and i have edited them slightly to remove black borders and such.

Here it is.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/28356129@N07/albums/72157696998918365

Ok so whats your opinion on the Indoraptor. Did you like it or not. What was best and worst with it.
Back to top Go down
owenpratt
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus
owenpratt

PostSubject: Re: The Indoraptor (Spoilers)   The Indoraptor (Spoilers) Icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2018 4:47 am

I loved the Indoraptor.
I think it was a bit underused (like, no special skills aside from the laser thing, and wasn't a particularly crucial twist in the movie), but damn when he was on screen he shone a lot. Great CGI, fantastic movements, and beautiful design. He stole the show and really made for some creepy gothic sequences. Loved his music theme as well, so powerful and with chilling use of choir and organ.

My Twitter: https://twitter.com/owenpratt93
Back to top Go down
Bbrink1996
Hatchling
Hatchling
Bbrink1996

PostSubject: Re: The Indoraptor (Spoilers)   The Indoraptor (Spoilers) Icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2018 6:38 am

The scene where it climbs the roof and roars at the moon combined with the fantastic soundtrack that plays during it makes it one of my favorite moments in the movie!
Back to top Go down
Dilophosaurus
Gallimimus
Gallimimus
Dilophosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Indoraptor (Spoilers)   The Indoraptor (Spoilers) Icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2018 8:58 am

The indoraptor is one of my favourite JP dinosaurs and in my opinion it is a big improvement over the indominus rex. It looked amazing (both the model and the way it was animated made it look like a real animal). The CGI was flawless, especially in the scene where it is attacking Owen, Claire and Maisie through the museum, when the light shined on it's skin it looked so real. I also really love the demonic design and the way it moved on all fours and roared at the moon like a werewolf. It looked downright evil. Every scene it was in was intense. Animatronics were also utilised seamlessly in it's scenes, to the point where in some parts you can't tell if it's CGI or an animatronic, much like in the original trilogy.

I personally didn't feel that it's death was cheap. It dying on the trike skull was heavily foreshadowed (both when it was climbing on it and when it was dangling over it), but Blue causing it by jumping on it was an unexpected and a triumphant moment for Blue (and just a beautiful shot). It took a combination of Blue, Owen, Claire and Maisie as well as environmental factors to take it out, much like the indominus was taken out by a combo of rexy, blue and the environmental factors (mososaur).

I agree with the point that the smile and it toying with Wheatley was maybe a step too far. It was a cool scene but stretched believability for me. However it wasn't as bad as the indomius which has much more unbelievable scenes in my opinion, such as clawing it's tracker out to set an ambush, making scratch marks on the wall and changing it's body heat to avoid detection (no way it knew how to do this) and killing a whole herd of apatoaurs (how?)

Also another thing that is not really explained is why it was so obsessed with Maisie. I believe that this could have easily been fixed by having her get shot by the laser tracking gun (either accidentally or by a bad guy (Eversoll?) trying to save themselves). I think this would have made more sense and would have been a terrifying scene when Maisie gets tagged.

But these are minor nitpicks and oveall I loved the indoraptor and every scene it was in.

Btw Bayona said that the twitching you were talking about was inspired by mentally ill patients who do the same.
Back to top Go down
owenpratt
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus
owenpratt

PostSubject: Re: The Indoraptor (Spoilers)   The Indoraptor (Spoilers) Icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2018 9:35 am

Also love how the Indoraptor taps with his claws on the floor probably in order to feel vibrations of eventual preys. It actually gives a sense also to the JP Raptor claw-tapping kitchen shot.

I also actually really loved how he seems to genuinely enjoy humans fighting outside of his cage. And when he tastes the roof fragility by breaking it with his hand and then smelling that. Damn, too many wonderful moments for the Indoraptor. I kinda wish he had a bit more screentime.

Back to top Go down
Bionic
Hatchling
Hatchling
Bionic

PostSubject: Re: The Indoraptor (Spoilers)   The Indoraptor (Spoilers) Icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2018 9:46 am

I kinda liked the creature itself even though I think it is weird that it couldn't smell Claire, Owen and Maisie in the museum. I seemed to have less abilities than the Indominus Rex. More screentime would have been nice and I didn't like that Blue saves the day again and departs from Owen gain at the end. It's just so repetitive at this point.
Also I didnt like the plot around the Indoraptor, the whole usage for military combat is so nonsensical. The scene when Claire shoots the laser just shows how complicated this whole process is in order to work out and kill the enemy.
Beside the fact that they stepped into Resident evil and Dinoriders territory with that part of the plot.
Back to top Go down
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: The Indoraptor (Spoilers)   The Indoraptor (Spoilers) Icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2018 10:45 am

I'm pretty mixed on the Indoraptor as a whole. Bayona and Faura frame him in the Gothic mansion setting amazingly, and while many don't care much for the presentation of dinosaurs in a Gothic setting, I really dug it. He has an amazing colour scheme and design, beautifully realized through animatronics and CGI. His distorted Raptor "barking call" in the dark Lockwood museum gave me chills, because it highlighted what a perversion of the JP Velociraptors he is. I even liked how he died; that old concept art of how Grant and company defeated the Raptors in the original film was really neat.

On the other hand, while they foreshadow the creature at the end of the last film and at the beginning of this film, it feels like a lesser villain than the Indominus rex because the context and subtext for the original hybrid's conception and execution was given much more screen time. The Indoraptor basically comes across as a dinosaur bogeyman, and even if that's the point in how its visually presented next to Maisie there really isn't as much Pathos as there should be.

I agree with what Rhedo said in another thread that the Indominus was a sympathetic villain up until it slaughtered the Apatosaurus herd. This still worked in context because the Indominus needed to be defeated, even if it was implicitly over-powered and needed three separate species to defeat it. With the Indoraptor being part Indominus it should, in theory, should inform the audience what to think and feel about it and carry that same backstory and context but it still feels incomplete.

The Indoraptor (Spoilers) Dinosa12
Back to top Go down
Dv-218
Ceratosaurus
Ceratosaurus
Dv-218

PostSubject: Re: The Indoraptor (Spoilers)   The Indoraptor (Spoilers) Icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2018 11:43 am

Now that I think about it, it seems that this movie reversed the villain roles from JW: while in JW the indominus was the main villain with hoskins being more secondary, in this movie the indoraptor is the secondary one while the human villains take more of a central stage. Kind of interesting imo.

Regardless, while I think that he was kind of underused and the red point thing was kinda stupid and minimalized his threat level, I still enjoyed every scene with him. I love how his design finds a middle ground between being elegant and sleek to being a misshapen, ugly abomination. His nervous twitches and disorted raptor calls were pretty great too, really drove the point about how unnatural he is. And like others here said, Bayona's direction and Oscar faura's cinematography on the indoraptor scenes were fantastic, they really built up the atmosphere and the fear factor (the shots in the dark manor and maisie's bedroom especially give me the creeps).
Overall, I liked his design and the horror element attached to him much more than the indominus, but ultimately felt more underused imo (also, what was up with the trollface he did in the cage lol). Still, every scene with him was fantastic, and I think he's the scariest dinosaur in the franchise since the JP/TLW raptors.

Also, I just had a thought- in the movie, they say that blue's DNA is needed for creating a NEW indoraptor, right? Which means that this indoraptor was made from anoher raptor's DNA. Because he still has the stripe like blue, but he is also male and has quills, could it be that he was created using JP3 sorna raptor DNA?
Back to top Go down
TheRexMan22
Veteran
Veteran
TheRexMan22

PostSubject: Re: The Indoraptor (Spoilers)   The Indoraptor (Spoilers) Icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2018 4:19 pm

Fredriksam wrote:
Well i liked the Indoraptor alot in the Movie. It was scary and had personality. It was also not animal like behaviour in some scenes. I liked the scene where it was roaring at the roff and also all chase scenes it had

The scene when it smiled before taking Wheatley was kind of fun. It showed it wasnt like the other animals

I noticed on some scenes that the Indoraptor was "shaking" a little. Maybe it had something to do with that it wasnt fully ready or it was the sickness mentioned in one of the behing the scenes feature.

I thought it had a cool colour also. The black mixed with the golden stripes. I like that.

It had a special "scream" also when it was mad or angry. The filmakers said in one feature that the Indoraptor had a roar or scream that was disturbing to human ears. It was actually quite high pitched.

The only bad thing with the Indoraptor was that Its death was very kind of cheap.

The Music for the Indoraptor was really awesome. I like this track very much

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mnm4VPDMdPE

I have made a gallery with screencaps of the Indoraptor.  I have only used the trailers, Tv spots and some features. Theres nothing pirated in there. I have used VLC player to make the screencaps and i have edited them slightly to remove black borders and such.

Here it is.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/28356129@N07/albums/72157696998918365

Ok so whats your opinion on the Indoraptor. Did you like it or not. What was best and worst with it.
Oh so I'm not the only one who noticed some weird shaking going on with the I.Rex. Thought at first maybe I was just tripping out.

When I saw the I.Rex in the cage during the auction, I was sad. This thing was so utterly unnatural and monstrous, but only because humans made it that way. It wouldn't have existed if humans hadn't conjured it forth from the realms of genetic mutations and tampering. Even though it's a monster, you can't really hate it because it's not it's fault.

[color=#33ccff]
Back to top Go down
owenpratt
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus
owenpratt

PostSubject: Re: The Indoraptor (Spoilers)   The Indoraptor (Spoilers) Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2018 10:55 am

TheRexMan22 wrote:
Oh so I'm not the only one who noticed some weird shaking going on with the I.Rex. Thought at first maybe I was just tripping out.

When I saw the I.Rex in the cage during the auction, I was sad. This thing was so utterly unnatural and monstrous, but only because humans made it that way. It wouldn't have existed if humans hadn't conjured it forth from the realms of genetic mutations and tampering. Even though it's a monster, you can't really hate it because it's not it's fault. [/quote]

You mean "Indoraptor"? Razz

Anyway, I agree. If you think about it, he's such a tragic character. He lived all his life on a dark cage. He doesn't even know what he is. He doesn't even have empathy.

Back to top Go down
Dv-218
Ceratosaurus
Ceratosaurus
Dv-218

PostSubject: Re: The Indoraptor (Spoilers)   The Indoraptor (Spoilers) Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2018 11:13 am

This was actually the main reason I loved it more than the indominus- his shaking, nerve dysfunction, what appears to be a gum disease and his creepy, bastardized version of the raptor call really screamed "unnatural hybrid" more than anything else. I was just bothered by his 4th wall breaking trollface before he killed Buffalo Bill haha.
Back to top Go down
Amadieus
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: The Indoraptor (Spoilers)   The Indoraptor (Spoilers) Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2018 12:17 pm

Dv-218 wrote:
Now that I think about it, it seems that this movie reversed the villain roles from JW: while in JW the indominus was the main villain with hoskins being more secondary, in this movie the indoraptor is the secondary one while the human villains take more of a central stage. Kind of interesting imo.

Regardless, while I think that he was kind of underused and the red point thing was kinda stupid and minimalized his threat level, I still enjoyed every scene with him. I love how his design finds a middle ground between being elegant and sleek to being a misshapen, ugly abomination. His nervous twitches and disorted raptor calls were pretty great too, really drove the point about how unnatural he is. And like others here said, Bayona's direction and Oscar faura's cinematography on the indoraptor scenes were fantastic, they really built up the atmosphere and the fear factor (the shots in the dark manor and maisie's bedroom especially give me the creeps).
Overall, I liked his design and the horror element attached to him much more than the indominus, but ultimately felt more underused imo (also, what was up with the trollface he did in the cage lol). Still, every scene with him was fantastic, and I think he's the scariest dinosaur in the franchise since the JP/TLW raptors.

Also, I just had a thought- in the movie, they say that blue's DNA is needed for creating a NEW indoraptor, right? Which means that this indoraptor was made from anoher raptor's DNA. Because he still has the stripe like blue, but he is also male and has quills, could it be that he was created using JP3 sorna raptor DNA?

Yeah they wanted Blue's DNA because it had genes that would make it more cooperative with humans
Back to top Go down
CT-1138
Jurassic Mainframe News Team
Jurassic Mainframe News Team
CT-1138

PostSubject: Re: The Indoraptor (Spoilers)   The Indoraptor (Spoilers) Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2018 12:42 pm

Amadieus wrote:
Dv-218 wrote:

Yeah they wanted Blue's DNA because it had genes that would make it more cooperative with humans

Just as I predicted.

http://abekowalski.deviantart.com/
Fredriksam
Embryo
Embryo
Fredriksam

PostSubject: Re: The Indoraptor (Spoilers)   The Indoraptor (Spoilers) Icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2018 6:01 am

I found something interresting about The Indoraptor and Maisie.

Read this artictle. Its really cool. I Think they are quite right about the theory.

https://curiousrookie.blogspot.com/2018/07/clever-girl-truth-behind-jurassic-world.html
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Indoraptor (Spoilers)   The Indoraptor (Spoilers) Icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2018 8:06 pm

I just felt that it had so little screen time, that the movie would have been easily made without it. They could have put in a new batch of Velociraptor that was genetically modified to be smarter without being a super hybrid in its place and nothing would have changed.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

If you're concerned about where this franchise is headed, then please join us.
Back to top Go down
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: The Indoraptor (Spoilers)   The Indoraptor (Spoilers) Icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2018 9:15 pm

I generally liked the Indoraptor, but I almost feel as though it had too much screen time in a sense. I sort of wish that it had been treated more like the Xenomorph from the first Alien movie, with it staying mostly hidden in the shadows. I feel that would have upped the tension in the second half of the film to a significant degree.

With that said, had they gone that direction it would have completely changed the marketing of the film. Seeing pics like this show up before the film didn't exactly help in terms of keeping the Indoraptor somewhat mysterious...

Spoiler:

The Indoraptor (Spoilers) Jpbann10
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Indoraptor (Spoilers)   The Indoraptor (Spoilers) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Indoraptor (Spoilers)
Page 1 of 1