Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

Let's talk about the ending...and it's one MASSIVE flaw. (Slight spoiler)

Go down 
+16
CT-1138
Bbrink1996
Dr. Wu
Amadieus
TheRexMan22
1morey
TheDreamMaster
MasterDino
Dilophosaurus
Dv-218
Spiegel
Tyrant Lizard
owenpratt
Troyal1
V.a.nublarensis
Rhedosaurus
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
owenpratt
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus
owenpratt

Let's talk about the ending...and it's one MASSIVE flaw. (Slight spoiler) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Let's talk about the ending...and it's one MASSIVE flaw. (Slight spoiler)   Let's talk about the ending...and it's one MASSIVE flaw. (Slight spoiler) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2018 6:02 am

Spiegel wrote:

They also didnt explain the idea of why owning one single species of dinosaur would open up the world to being able to create more. They could have easily thrown in a line about genetics companies growing to a point to which they could be cloning as well and that the buyers at the auction were comprised of genetic and pharmaceutical companies or even government entities. However, they didnt.

I think it's slightly hinted here:

Spoiler:

My Twitter: https://twitter.com/owenpratt93
Back to top Go down
TheDreamMaster
Administrator
Administrator
TheDreamMaster

Let's talk about the ending...and it's one MASSIVE flaw. (Slight spoiler) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Let's talk about the ending...and it's one MASSIVE flaw. (Slight spoiler)   Let's talk about the ending...and it's one MASSIVE flaw. (Slight spoiler) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2018 11:16 am

I thought they mentioned pharmaceutical buyers when Eversol and Mills were talking? I know they mentioned the Armenian arms dealer proxy. As well as someone Russian I believe.

"We'll use the Force."- Finn
 "That's not how the Force works!"- Han Solo
Back to top Go down
Spiegel
Stegosaurus
Stegosaurus
Spiegel

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk about the ending...and it's one MASSIVE flaw. (Slight spoiler)   Let's talk about the ending...and it's one MASSIVE flaw. (Slight spoiler) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2018 11:21 am

That still doesnt explain it.

This is why we keep disagreeing  on this film. To you, those two lines are enough.

To me all I can do is think that if you have one Allosaurus, you can only clone that same Allosaurus over and over. Welcome to Allosaurus Park/World. Why isn't it said that with a living sample of the DNA others will be able to reverse engineer the process and create dinosaurs as well? Is the rest of the world at that technological level in which they constantly are cloning things but havent quite reached Wu's level of bringing back extinct animals? We do not know and that creates a weak point, much like the plot of most of the film.

Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk about the ending...and it's one MASSIVE flaw. (Slight spoiler)   Let's talk about the ending...and it's one MASSIVE flaw. (Slight spoiler) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2018 7:20 pm

Can we all get back on topic, please? Thank you.

In any case. The more I think about this the more I have come to a sad conclusion.

The next movie HAS to have the military kill off at least some, if not many, of the escaped dinosaurs.

I know that people won't like reading that, but let me explain.

It's needed for storytelling. Like it or not, it would be inevitable for the escaped dinosaurs to interact with people with predictably tragic results. It would also be inevitable for the military to hunt them down. As Spiegal said in another topic.

Spiegel wrote:
It's quite the conundrum, sure there will be those screaming for animals' rights but considering multiple species are going to be very dangerous to humans that might mute activites arguments. "Save the T-Rex!" "You mean the one that ate a family in the redwoods?" "Oh yeah nevermind."

This franchise is, or was, simply too grounded in reality for this not for what I said not to happen. Not only would it be bad storytelling, but it would also be dishonest. It has to be done properly, though. Like have a Carnotaurus pair chase a family, corner a little kid who holding his poodle, and when you think the Carnos will eat them, they scream in pain and dies after getting blasted by 20mm cannon fire from a U.S.M.C AH-1Z Super Cobra helicopter gunship.

Here's something else, if the U.S. Federal Government or the governors of whatever states don't active the military, then people will eventually hunt the dinos themselves no matter if they are protected or not. You don't think rednecks will hunt and kill Compys and then barbecue them?

*Kentucky Fried Compy*

Again, I get why people DON'T what to see this, but you just can NOT make a movie of dinosaurs on the soil of the continental United States and expect to see the negative consequences. Not in a movie that's part of a franchise that's so grounded in reality.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

If you're concerned about where this franchise is headed, then please join us.
Back to top Go down
TheRexMan22
Veteran
Veteran
TheRexMan22

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk about the ending...and it's one MASSIVE flaw. (Slight spoiler)   Let's talk about the ending...and it's one MASSIVE flaw. (Slight spoiler) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2018 4:26 pm

I have a feeling the big guys like Rexy are doomed, but the little ones, Compys, Dilophosaurus, even some of the larger herbivores, they might be able to disappear in the Congo or something and reproduce.

[color=#33ccff]
Back to top Go down
Spiegel
Stegosaurus
Stegosaurus
Spiegel

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk about the ending...and it's one MASSIVE flaw. (Slight spoiler)   Let's talk about the ending...and it's one MASSIVE flaw. (Slight spoiler) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2018 6:20 pm

TheRexMan22 wrote:
I have a feeling the big guys like Rexy are doomed, but the little ones, Compys, Dilophosaurus, even some of the larger herbivores, they might be able to disappear in the Congo or something and reproduce.

But.... they aren't in the Congo... they're in California...

Amadieus
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk about the ending...and it's one MASSIVE flaw. (Slight spoiler)   Let's talk about the ending...and it's one MASSIVE flaw. (Slight spoiler) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2018 6:29 pm

Since nobody knows what JW3 will be all about, I cannot find the reason for this entire topic. Who says that those escaped dino's will breed and live in the wild? Nobody!
Back to top Go down
Spiegel
Stegosaurus
Stegosaurus
Spiegel

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk about the ending...and it's one MASSIVE flaw. (Slight spoiler)   Let's talk about the ending...and it's one MASSIVE flaw. (Slight spoiler) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2018 6:34 pm

Well its going to have resolve each of the 4 cliff hangers it left us with:

1. Human Cloning/Ethical Issues
2. Freed Dinosaurs in the United States of America
3. Dr. Wu and his obsessive nature of continuing his genetics work with the material and Baryonyx he fled with
4. The dinosaurs sold to others and spread across the world

Its going to have to be related to at least a couple of them, as you could potential just write off clone girl as dying due to errors in her genetics and Dr. Wu never being able to find the backing to pursue his projects.

Dr. Wu
Veteran
Veteran
Dr. Wu

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk about the ending...and it's one MASSIVE flaw. (Slight spoiler)   Let's talk about the ending...and it's one MASSIVE flaw. (Slight spoiler) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2018 3:50 am

JP trilogy was grounded in reality. JW trilogy is not so much. I bet the ending will have dinosaurs and humans successfully coexisting somehow.

Hatchling
Hatchling
Bbrink1996

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk about the ending...and it's one MASSIVE flaw. (Slight spoiler)   Let's talk about the ending...and it's one MASSIVE flaw. (Slight spoiler) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2018 6:25 am

Hahaha, why is the first post of this thread so specific about the military and weapons? Is this a discussion or a US Army recruitment advertisement? Laughing

Anyway, I don't think the escaped dinosaurs will impact their environment all that much. The bigger carnivores(Tyrannosaurus, Allosaurus, Carnotaurus) will likely be captured and the herbivores and smaller carnivores I can see integrating in the already existing ecosystem. There is only one Velociraptor at this point so Blue is not that much of a threat and the Compies probably won't become more than pests like raccoons.
Back to top Go down
Dv-218
Ceratosaurus
Ceratosaurus
Dv-218

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk about the ending...and it's one MASSIVE flaw. (Slight spoiler)   Let's talk about the ending...and it's one MASSIVE flaw. (Slight spoiler) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2018 6:52 am

^I also agree that the big carnivores will probably be the 1st ones captured/killed. I just hope it's done smartly and not just "lets blow 'em up" lol Very Happy
Back to top Go down
owenpratt
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus
owenpratt

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk about the ending...and it's one MASSIVE flaw. (Slight spoiler)   Let's talk about the ending...and it's one MASSIVE flaw. (Slight spoiler) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2018 10:34 am

Maybe Rexy, Blue and the dinosaurs that Maisie released will be all captured in a morning (due to the mighty US military army) and sent on that Sanctuary or some island (so people will stop saying Maisie will cause the deaths of many people),or maybe on Sorna (so there won't be any more complaints about the absence of Sorna in this new trilogy) while the dinosaurs that were bought by the buyers and the dinosaurs on Wu's embryos will be the ones who will really spread around the world, being maybe cloned or going to breed.

But someone in this 3 years gap will go to that Sanctuary (or Sorna, or whatever) and kidnap Rexy, Blue and the other dinosaurs and take them on some places on the mainland to use them for something (this time not in California, so people in this thread will be happy). Then something happens and it will be chaos.

You see, what if the plot is this one? Is it still "one massive flaw"?

Back to top Go down
Spiegel
Stegosaurus
Stegosaurus
Spiegel

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk about the ending...and it's one MASSIVE flaw. (Slight spoiler)   Let's talk about the ending...and it's one MASSIVE flaw. (Slight spoiler) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2018 12:31 pm

You're saying that, by the following morning (After the final scene of JWFK) all dinosaurs were rounded up and shipped to Sorna. Also another group will come along and take the dinosaurs back off of Sorna and to the continent again by somewhere else. All of camera? So basically the same movie over again?

Yeah, that has to be "the worst idea in the long, sad history of bad ideas"

I think you just arent going grasp anyone's issues with this movie because you've rated it 2nd best out of all 5 films. A 9/10 is your score, so, of course you're not going to get what the complaints are. To you this movie is nearly perfect.

owenpratt
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus
owenpratt

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk about the ending...and it's one MASSIVE flaw. (Slight spoiler)   Let's talk about the ending...and it's one MASSIVE flaw. (Slight spoiler) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2018 12:50 pm

Spiegel wrote:
You're saying that, by the following morning (After the final scene of JWFK) all dinosaurs were rounded up and shipped to Sorna. Also another group will come along and take the dinosaurs back off of Sorna and to the continent again by somewhere else. All off camera? So basically the same movie over again?

I think you just arent going grasp anyone's issues with this movie because you've rated it 2nd best out of all 5 films. A 9/10 is your score, so, of course you're not going to get what the complaints are. To you this movie is nearly perfect.

Is it a subtle way to tell me I'm blind to any kind of criticism just because I loved the movie?
I already talked about he flaws of the movie many times.

I don't claim my idea to be the best idea ever, I'm not a screenwriter, and I can't care less if you think it's the worst idea in the history of bad idea lol my point wasn't that. I just want to say that, to me, calling the ending "a massive flaw" when all this thread is about what happens after the ending of the movie is a bit of a stretch and assumption.

We have no idea how they will deal with those dinosaurs. They could even capture them the following morning and keep them in a kind of safe place or in cages until they will decide something to do about them (and of course they will somehow manage to break free sooner or later, in the movie or before), while the other dinosaurs (the embryos and buyers one) will start breeding all over the world.

I'm open to criticism, and if you say this movie has a fast pacing on Nublar, I'll agree with that. If you say the characters sometimes had bad dialogues, I can agree (although in general I liked the dialogues). If you say the opening is based by a wrong placement of the Lagoon, I agree with that. If you say we would have needed more explanation about the Sanctuary or Sorna, I can understand. If you say Rexy behaved too much like a hero who saves the day in a few scenes, I can get it.

But I think this criticism is really a bit of a stretch and something I consider more like an exaggeration of criticism, going more to the fact you were so disappointed by the movie that every aspect is becoming something to criticize, leading also to nitpicking every eventual flaw of the film.
Not saying EVERYTHING you criticize is not to be criticized and it's perfect. Not saying you can't do that. I just want to express my opinion about that and the fact sometimes, reading some complaints, I think "You should just watch documentaries, there won't be plot holes there" lol (no offense, I'm just telling my sincere opinion about this whole situation).

Peace

Back to top Go down
CT-1138
Jurassic Mainframe News Team
Jurassic Mainframe News Team
CT-1138

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk about the ending...and it's one MASSIVE flaw. (Slight spoiler)   Let's talk about the ending...and it's one MASSIVE flaw. (Slight spoiler) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2018 12:57 pm

My biggest issue with the ending is that Blue makes it to the Sierra Nevada so quickly. I was hoping for a chance at finally getting this in a movie:
Let's talk about the ending...and it's one MASSIVE flaw. (Slight spoiler) - Page 2 Locc9ub

Ah well, at least there's still a chance at getting this:
Let's talk about the ending...and it's one MASSIVE flaw. (Slight spoiler) - Page 2 TWD22d7

http://abekowalski.deviantart.com/
Dv-218
Ceratosaurus
Ceratosaurus
Dv-218

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk about the ending...and it's one MASSIVE flaw. (Slight spoiler)   Let's talk about the ending...and it's one MASSIVE flaw. (Slight spoiler) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2018 1:04 pm

A scene where rexy (or another theropod) stalks in the californian redwood forests or the PNW forests would be cool as hell. A lot of potential for suspensfull moments here. Imagine a group of campers encountering her in the middle of the forest at night, that's some scary stuff.
Back to top Go down
owenpratt
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus
owenpratt

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk about the ending...and it's one MASSIVE flaw. (Slight spoiler)   Let's talk about the ending...and it's one MASSIVE flaw. (Slight spoiler) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2018 1:08 pm

Dv-218 wrote:
A scene where rexy (or another theropod) stalks in the californian redwood forests or the PNW forests would be cool as hell. A lot of potential for suspensfull moments here. Imagine a group of campers encountering her in the middle of the forest at night, that's some scary stuff.

That would make for a cool opening sequence.

Back to top Go down
Dv-218
Ceratosaurus
Ceratosaurus
Dv-218

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk about the ending...and it's one MASSIVE flaw. (Slight spoiler)   Let's talk about the ending...and it's one MASSIVE flaw. (Slight spoiler) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2018 1:11 pm

"Tragedy strikes in Northern California as the crew of "Finding Bigfoot" finds something a little bigger and more prehistoric in a local forest. More accurately, it found them" Very Happy.

Last edited by Dv-218 on Thu Jun 28, 2018 1:24 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
owenpratt
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus
owenpratt

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk about the ending...and it's one MASSIVE flaw. (Slight spoiler)   Let's talk about the ending...and it's one MASSIVE flaw. (Slight spoiler) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2018 1:14 pm

I wonder where the film will be set? I mean, wonder if it's going to focus on just one or two places (while still acknowledging the fact dinos are all over the world) or if the story will constantly change place during the movie.

Back to top Go down
Spiegel
Stegosaurus
Stegosaurus
Spiegel

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk about the ending...and it's one MASSIVE flaw. (Slight spoiler)   Let's talk about the ending...and it's one MASSIVE flaw. (Slight spoiler) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2018 1:42 pm

owenpratt wrote:
Spiegel wrote:
You're saying that, by the following morning (After the final scene of JWFK) all dinosaurs were rounded up and shipped to Sorna. Also another group will come along and take the dinosaurs back off of Sorna and to the continent again by somewhere else. All off camera? So basically the same movie over again?

Is it a subtle way to tell me I'm blind to any kind of criticism just because I loved the movie?

I don't claim my idea to be the best idea ever, I'm not a screenwriter, and I can't care less if you think it's the worst idea in the history of bad idea lol my point wasn't that. I just want to say that, to me, calling the ending "a massive flaw" when all this thread is about what happens after the ending of the movie is a bit of a stretch and assumption.

We have no idea how they will deal with those dinosaurs. They could even capture them the following morning and keep them in a kind of safe place or in cages until they will decide something to do about them (and of course they will somehow manage to break free sooner or later, in the movie or before), while the other dinosaurs (the embryos and buyers one) will start breeding all over the world.

I'm open to criticism, and if you say this movie has a fast pacing on Nublar, I'll agree with that. If you say the characters sometimes had bad dialogues, I can agree (although in general I liked the dialogues). If you say the opening is based by a wrong placement of the Lagoon, I agree with that. If you say we would have needed more explanation about the Sanctuary or Sorna, I can understand. If you say Rexy behaved too much like a hero who saves the day in a few scenes, I can get it.

But I think this criticism is really a bit of a stretch and something I consider more like an exaggeration of criticism, going more to the fact you were so disappointed by the movie that every aspect is becoming something to criticize, leading also to nitpicking every eventual flaw of the film.
Not saying EVERYTHING you criticize is not to be criticized and it's perfect. Not saying you can't do that. I just want to express my opinion about that and the fact sometimes, reading some complaints, I think "You should just watch documentaries, there won't be plot holes there" lol (no offense, I'm just telling my sincere opinion about this whole situation).

Peace

Yes, that is my subtle way saying you're so easily able to overlook criticism, and give this movie a high rating despite it, that I have a hard time acknowledging your thoughts as meaningful when addressing said criticism. No offense, its cool that you loved the movie, but I dont understand why you feel the need to write off all the criticism people are mentioning it, as if its your movie. Again, no offense.

That was a quote from Malcom in TLW in reference to bringing Dinosaurs to the mainland/San Diego. See what I did there? lol

Yes, this thread is assuming what might happen after the end of the film, the issue is how grounded in reality Jurassic Park has been. Yes, cloning dinosaurs is science fiction but outside of that, everything in the JP world is seemingly the same as our world. With understanding that, some of us have an issue with where they let the dinosaurs free because the idea that the military wouldn't be able to wipe them out fairly easily is now pushing farther away from the reality of the previous 5 films. So the issue here is that Trevvorrow's writing missed another mark, which would also nod back at the original JP, by unleashing them in say Costa Rica. The setup for dinosaurs on mainland America is just going to be a tough sell and given Trevvorrow's crappy writing it will probably be another fail.

Yes, some criticism is a bit much and I'm willing to overlook stuff like the placement of the lagoon. However the bad dialogue that contributes very little to nothing to the story, or leaves gaping holes, is a very important aspect. The better the story is presented than the easier it is to overlook little nit picking criticisms, though I've generally avoided nit picking myself. Like you feel like I should watch documentaries, perhaps you should just be watching something more like the fast and furious movies in which the plots dont matter because of the action.

Peace

owenpratt
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus
owenpratt

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk about the ending...and it's one MASSIVE flaw. (Slight spoiler)   Let's talk about the ending...and it's one MASSIVE flaw. (Slight spoiler) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2018 1:52 pm

Spiegel wrote:
owenpratt wrote:
Spiegel wrote:

Peace

Yes, that is my subtle way saying you're so easily able to overlook criticism, and give this movie a high rating despite it, that I have a hard time acknowledging your thoughts as meaningful when addressing said criticism. No offense, its cool that you loved the movie, but I dont understand why you feel the need to write off all the criticism people are mentioning it, as if its your movie. Again, no offense.

That was a quote from Malcom in TLW in reference to bringing Dinosaurs to the mainland/San Diego. See what I did there? lol

Yes, this thread is assuming what might happen after the end of the film, the issue is how grounded in reality Jurassic Park has been. Yes, cloning dinosaurs is science fiction but outside of that, everything in the JP world is seemingly the same as our world. With understanding that, some of us have an issue with where they let the dinosaurs free because the idea that the military wouldn't be able to wipe them out fairly easily is now pushing farther away from the reality of the previous 5 films. So the issue here is that Trevvorrow's writing missed another mark, which would also nod back at the original JP, by unleashing them in say Costa Rica. The setup for dinosaurs on mainland America is just going to be a tough sell and given Trevvorrow's crappy writing it will probably be another fail.

Yes, some criticism is a bit much and I'm willing to overlook stuff like the placement of the lagoon. However the bad dialogue that contributes very little to nothing to the story, or leaves gaping holes, is a very important aspect. The better the story is presented than the easier it is to overlook little nit picking criticisms, though I've generally avoided nit picking myself. Like you feel like I should watch documentaries, perhaps you should just be watching something more like the fast and furious movies in which the plots dont matter because of the action.

Peace

I got the TLW reference of course Razz

I appreciate your sincerity and I hope you will appreciate mine. I actually watched only the first Furious movie lol and no, I actually love movies in which the plot counts. Guess what? I loved Fallen Kingdom ESPECIALLY for its subtext, messages and ethical dilemmas. So your assumption is wrong. But I can understand, I mean, I told you about the documentary thing so you have the right to tell me what you think about my tastes Laughing Oh btw, the documentaries thing is ONLY for some of your criticism. I'm not telling you should only watch documentaries. If you feel offended, hope this will clarify.

"The setup for dinosaurs on mainland America is just going to be a tough sell and given Trevvorrow's crappy writing it will probably be another fail."
But that's the point, we still don't know how it will go on. That's my point. Criticism is fine, but in this case I find it a stretch really.

Again, I don't find the plot and general story or the dialogues to be as bad as you say. I respect your opinion, but really disagree.

Back to top Go down
Spiegel
Stegosaurus
Stegosaurus
Spiegel

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk about the ending...and it's one MASSIVE flaw. (Slight spoiler)   Let's talk about the ending...and it's one MASSIVE flaw. (Slight spoiler) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2018 2:20 pm

owenpratt wrote:
Spiegel wrote:
owenpratt wrote:
Spiegel wrote:

Peace

Peace

I got the TLW reference of course Razz

I appreciate your sincerity and I hope you will appreciate mine. I actually watched only the first Furious movie lol and no, I actually love movies in which the plot counts. Guess what? I loved Fallen Kingdom ESPECIALLY for its subtext, messages and ethical dilemmas. So your assumption is wrong. But I can understand, I mean, I told you about the documentary thing so you have the right to tell me what you think about my tastes  Laughing Oh btw, the documentaries thing is ONLY for some of your criticism. I'm not telling you should only watch documentaries. If you feel offended, hope this will clarify.

"The setup for dinosaurs on mainland America is just going to be a tough sell and given Trevvorrow's crappy writing it will probably be another fail."
But that's the point, we still don't know how it will go on. That's my point. Criticism is fine, but in this case I find it a stretch really.

Again, I don't find the plot and general story or the dialogues to be as bad as you say. I respect your opinion, but really disagree.

Well I appreciate that we just have different opinions. We are jumping the gun in a regard, but Trevvorrow's writing has proven to be really hit or miss in a lot of films, to the point that it becomes difficult to be hopeful for this to be resolved in a convincing manner in JW3. I'll give him props if he convince me that the dinosaurs in America can be dealt with in a realistic manner.

owenpratt
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus
owenpratt

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk about the ending...and it's one MASSIVE flaw. (Slight spoiler)   Let's talk about the ending...and it's one MASSIVE flaw. (Slight spoiler) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2018 2:22 pm

Let's hope so! Who knows, Colin Trevorrow said that JW3 is the film that he always wanted to do... maybe it's going to be the best of the bunch.

Back to top Go down
Amadieus
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk about the ending...and it's one MASSIVE flaw. (Slight spoiler)   Let's talk about the ending...and it's one MASSIVE flaw. (Slight spoiler) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2018 2:27 pm

Quote :

Sigh.... I said it again and will repeat myself again. Nobody is saying that these dino's are not rounded up by the military the next morning. Why are some people expecting that these escaped dino's will live and breed after their release from the mansion? The movie said nothing like that...
Back to top Go down
Dv-218
Ceratosaurus
Ceratosaurus
Dv-218

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk about the ending...and it's one MASSIVE flaw. (Slight spoiler)   Let's talk about the ending...and it's one MASSIVE flaw. (Slight spoiler) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2018 2:29 pm

Yeah, I would love if they show the US goverment, police and military deal with the escaped dinosaurs in a realistic manner. And by realistic I mean doing the operations carefully and in a organized manner, not just opening a full on independence day assault with every dangerous superweapon imaginable, in areas where CIVILIANS live, on a couple of rogue dinosaurs. Seriously, this sounds like something Roland Emmerich and Dean Devlin would totally direct lmao.
"Welcome to the mainland, mutha*****"- Will Smith, JW3

EDIT: also, bring in Kurt Russell. We need Jack O'neill
to blast some goa'u...Eh I mean compies. Yeah compies Very Happy

Last edited by Dv-218 on Thu Jun 28, 2018 2:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
owenpratt
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus
owenpratt

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk about the ending...and it's one MASSIVE flaw. (Slight spoiler)   Let's talk about the ending...and it's one MASSIVE flaw. (Slight spoiler) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2018 2:31 pm

Dv-218 wrote:
Yeah, I would love if they show the US goverment, police and military deal with the escaped dinosaurs in a realistic manner. And by realistic I mean doing the operations carefully and in a organized manner, not just opening a full on independence day assault with every dangerous superweapon imaginable, in areas where CIVILIANS live, on a couple of rogue dinosaurs. Seriously, this sounds like something Roland Emmerich and Dean Devlin would totally direct lmao.
"Welcome to the mainland, mutha*****"- Will Smith, JW3

Ahaha this was hilarious lol
Yeah, we'll see what will happen in 2021.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk about the ending...and it's one MASSIVE flaw. (Slight spoiler)   Let's talk about the ending...and it's one MASSIVE flaw. (Slight spoiler) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2018 6:05 pm

Amadieus wrote:
Why are some people expecting that these escaped dino's will live and breed after their release from the mansion? The movie said nothing like that...

Because that's what basic common sense dictates. We've seen these movies too many times for us NOT to expect something like this.

owenpratt wrote:
Maybe Rexy, Blue and the dinosaurs that Maisie released will be all captured in a morning (due to the mighty US military army) and sent on that Sanctuary or some island (so people will stop saying Maisie will cause the deaths of many people),or maybe on Sorna (so there won't be any more complaints about the absence of Sorna in this new trilogy) while the dinosaurs that were bought by the buyers and the dinosaurs on Wu's embryos will be the ones who will really spread around the world, being maybe cloned or going to breed.

But someone in this 3 years gap will go to that Sanctuary (or Sorna, or whatever) and kidnap Rexy, Blue and the other dinosaurs and take them on some places on the mainland to use them for something (this time not in California, so people in this thread will be happy). Then something happens and it will be chaos.

That's not how the U.S. military works. By the time the military would find them, the meat eaters would have eaten, or at least killed, enough people to give the military justification for them to kill them on sight. Some of the herbivores would be traqed at the beginning, but anything after that, shoot and kill on sight. Not only that, but the public would have been swayed to the pro-extinction side side in a clear majority. Too many people would be dead by the Compy's alone for the public to swing towards that side.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

Back to top Go down
Amadieus
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk about the ending...and it's one MASSIVE flaw. (Slight spoiler)   Let's talk about the ending...and it's one MASSIVE flaw. (Slight spoiler) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2018 6:19 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:
Amadieus wrote:
Why are some people expecting that these escaped dino's will live and breed after their release from the mansion? The movie said nothing like that...

Because that's what basic common sense dictates. We've seen these movies too many times for us NOT to expect something like this.

owenpratt wrote:

That's not how the U.S. military works. By the time the military would find them, the meat eaters would have eaten, or at least killed, enough people to give the military justification for them to kill them on sight. Some of the herbivores would be traqed at the beginning, but anything after that, shoot and kill on sight. Not only that, but the public would have been swayed to the pro-extinction side side in a clear majority. Too many people would be dead by the Compy's alone for the public to swing towards that side.

Common sense would be to wait and see what will happen in JW3 before making an entire post about ammunition types to take down dinosaurs. Now do not get me wrong, I agree with your opinion. It would be ridiculous if these animals would not be able to be captured by the military. But I am far from convinced that JW3 will even address it. The movie takes place three years in the future, the focus probably will be more on those dinosaurs that got taken away and used for reproducing many more copies and variants.
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk about the ending...and it's one MASSIVE flaw. (Slight spoiler)   Let's talk about the ending...and it's one MASSIVE flaw. (Slight spoiler) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2018 6:33 pm

Amadieus wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:
Amadieus wrote:

owenpratt wrote:

Common sense would be to wait and see what will happen in JW3 before making an entire post about ammunition types to take down dinosaurs. Now do not get me wrong, I agree with your opinion. It would be ridiculous if these animals would not be able to be captured by the military. But I am far from convinced that JW3 will even address it. The movie takes place three years in the future, the focus probably will be more on those dinosaurs that got taken away and used for reproducing many more copies and variants.

It has to be addressed. Too many people in the GA would ask the question it for it NOT to be addressed. And as I said before, even if Jack Ewins does address it in one of his sites, the GA would only see it as a crutch the movie would use for bad screenwriting. Look how many people ask about Isla Sorna.

Back to top Go down
TheRexMan22
Veteran
Veteran
TheRexMan22

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk about the ending...and it's one MASSIVE flaw. (Slight spoiler)   Let's talk about the ending...and it's one MASSIVE flaw. (Slight spoiler) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2018 1:27 am

It's too early to assume that it's a flaw. We don't even know what they have in mind for the next movie. Maybe the movie will start and most of the dinosaurs will be dead. Who knows?

[color=#33ccff]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk about the ending...and it's one MASSIVE flaw. (Slight spoiler)   Let's talk about the ending...and it's one MASSIVE flaw. (Slight spoiler) - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Let's talk about the ending...and it's one MASSIVE flaw. (Slight spoiler)
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next