Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

Let's talk about the ending...and it's one MASSIVE flaw. (Slight spoiler)

Go down 
+16
CT-1138
Bbrink1996
Dr. Wu
Amadieus
TheRexMan22
1morey
TheDreamMaster
MasterDino
Dilophosaurus
Dv-218
Spiegel
Tyrant Lizard
owenpratt
Troyal1
V.a.nublarensis
Rhedosaurus
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
TheDreamMaster
Administrator
Administrator
TheDreamMaster

Let's talk about the ending...and it's one MASSIVE flaw. (Slight spoiler) - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Let's talk about the ending...and it's one MASSIVE flaw. (Slight spoiler)   Let's talk about the ending...and it's one MASSIVE flaw. (Slight spoiler) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2018 9:16 am

Rhedosaurus wrote:
Amadieus wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:
Amadieus wrote:
Why are some people expecting that these escaped dino's will live and breed after their release from the mansion? The movie said nothing like that...

Because that's what basic common sense dictates. We've seen these movies too many times for us NOT to expect something like this.

owenpratt wrote:
Maybe Rexy, Blue and the dinosaurs that Maisie released will be all captured in a morning (due to the mighty US military army) and sent on that Sanctuary or some island (so people will stop saying Maisie will cause the deaths of many people),or maybe on Sorna (so there won't be any more complaints about the absence of Sorna in this new trilogy) while the dinosaurs that were bought by the buyers and the dinosaurs on Wu's embryos will be the ones who will really spread around the world, being maybe cloned or going to breed.

But someone in this 3 years gap will go to that Sanctuary (or Sorna, or whatever) and kidnap Rexy, Blue and the other dinosaurs and take them on some places on the mainland to use them for something (this time not in California, so people in this thread will be happy). Then something happens and it will be chaos.

You see, what if the plot is this one? Is it still "one massive flaw"?

That's not how the U.S. military works. By the time the military would find them, the meat eaters would have eaten, or at least killed, enough people to give the military justification for them to kill them on sight. Some of the herbivores would be traqed at the beginning, but anything after that, shoot and kill on sight. Not only that, but the public would have been swayed to the pro-extinction side side in a clear majority. Too many people would be dead by the Compy's alone for the public to swing towards that side.

Common sense would be to wait and see what will happen in JW3 before making an entire post about ammunition types to take down dinosaurs. Now do not get me wrong, I agree with your opinion. It would be ridiculous if these animals would not be able to be captured by the military. But I am far from convinced that JW3 will even address it. The movie takes place three years in the future, the focus probably will be more on those dinosaurs that got taken away and used for reproducing many more copies and variants.

It has to be addressed. Too many people in the GA would ask the question it for it NOT to be addressed. And as I said before, even if Jack Ewins does address it in one of his sites, the GA would only see it as a crutch the movie would use for bad screenwriting. Look how many people ask about Isla Sorna.

I really, really think you’re wrong about the GA. I want to know(not names etc., just an idea) who you’ve heard from that you’d consider the GA. For example, anyone in a jurassic Park group or forum, I would not. Film critics I i also would not because despite me disagreeing with them on multiple occasions, they are supposed to watch these and pay attention.

I’m also going to not accept parents either. Not to say all are the same, but my parents are pretty casual movie goers, but know a lot of the lore simply because I was so obsessed as a kid.

I’m not trying to fight with you or start something, but anyone I’ve talked to I would consider in the GA that liked the film really didn’t have that many questions. I have no doubt we’ll have very early answers to what happened to the dinosaurs released early in the next film.

I also think you gotta drop this website crusade. Universal says it is canon. Trevorrow says it is canon. What’s really the difference between a free website and say a Star Wars novel you have to buy. Both fill in gaps outside the films (and he’ll, Solo had things in it that needed a cartoon as well to fully get.). Point is, yeah it sucks IF they make edits, but I don’t really mind since it’s just more information for us. Things like the extra species have filled in answers, and Jack Ewins has said Sorna may not actually be completely decimated. So it’s not like there isn’t hope. Or hell, with that info, just imagine Sorna isn’t gone. Not hurting anyone, and who knows where future films might go.

"We'll use the Force."- Finn
 "That's not how the Force works!"- Han Solo
Back to top Go down
owenpratt
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus
owenpratt

Let's talk about the ending...and it's one MASSIVE flaw. (Slight spoiler) - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Let's talk about the ending...and it's one MASSIVE flaw. (Slight spoiler)   Let's talk about the ending...and it's one MASSIVE flaw. (Slight spoiler) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2018 11:32 am

TheRexMan22 wrote:
It's too early to assume that it's a flaw. We don't even know what they have in mind for the next movie. Maybe the movie will start and most of the dinosaurs will be dead. Who knows?

Yeah, having a thread saying "the ending and its MASSIVE flaw" is what bothered me. It's not like the post doesn't make sense, it does in a way, but it should be called more like a worrying for the future film than a FK flaw. That's the kind of criticism I really don't get and make me think the disappointment for some fans was too big that now they find every little thing to be a flaw in this movie, even when it's not.

Just my opinion.

My Twitter: https://twitter.com/owenpratt93
Back to top Go down
Spiegel
Stegosaurus
Stegosaurus
Spiegel

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk about the ending...and it's one MASSIVE flaw. (Slight spoiler)   Let's talk about the ending...and it's one MASSIVE flaw. (Slight spoiler) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2018 12:10 pm

owenpratt wrote:
TheRexMan22 wrote:
It's too early to assume that it's a flaw. We don't even know what they have in mind for the next movie. Maybe the movie will start and most of the dinosaurs will be dead. Who knows?

Yeah, having a thread saying "the ending and its MASSIVE flaw" is what bothered me. It's not like the post doesn't make sense, it does in a way, but it should be called more like a worrying for the future film than a FK flaw. That's the kind of criticism I really don't get and make me think the disappointment for some fans was too big that now they find every little thing to be a flaw in this movie, even when it's not.

Just my opinion.

I think you're correct in saying that people were disappointed and thus it's easier to criticize things. I know there are flaws in each movie but the better the story, the easier to see past them. It's not even that FK has a bad story it's just not well told, in my opinion.

owenpratt
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus
owenpratt

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk about the ending...and it's one MASSIVE flaw. (Slight spoiler)   Let's talk about the ending...and it's one MASSIVE flaw. (Slight spoiler) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2018 12:15 pm

Spiegel wrote:
owenpratt wrote:
TheRexMan22 wrote:

Just my opinion.

I think you're correct in saying that people were disappointed and thus it's easier to criticize things. I know there are flaws in each movie but the better the story, the easier to see past them. It's not even that FK has a bad story it's just not well told, in my opinion.

The better the story (or movie in general), the easier to see past the flaws. That's probably me with Fallen Kingdom. While if you're disappointed by it, you will see more flaws.
You're right, although I still think the "massive flaw" of this thread is not even an actual flaw. Just my opinion, again.

Back to top Go down
TheRexMan22
Veteran
Veteran
TheRexMan22

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk about the ending...and it's one MASSIVE flaw. (Slight spoiler)   Let's talk about the ending...and it's one MASSIVE flaw. (Slight spoiler) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2018 3:29 pm

This thread should be called "I don't like the direction this series is taking and I'm worried for the future."

[color=#33ccff]
Back to top Go down
Dv-218
Ceratosaurus
Ceratosaurus
Dv-218

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk about the ending...and it's one MASSIVE flaw. (Slight spoiler)   Let's talk about the ending...and it's one MASSIVE flaw. (Slight spoiler) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2018 3:58 pm

Guys, we all know where this is going:
Ray Arnold comes back with one arm, teams up with Robert Muldoon (who survived too) and Roland Tembo to destroy every frickin' dinosaur with all of the weapons in their arsenal, in order to save the USA from a dinocalypse. Obviously, this is a realistic storytelling direction for the franchise, I can assure you that Cool

"Jurassic World: I've had it with these mother****** dinosaurs"- 2021
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk about the ending...and it's one MASSIVE flaw. (Slight spoiler)   Let's talk about the ending...and it's one MASSIVE flaw. (Slight spoiler) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2018 6:03 pm

TheDreamMaster wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:
Amadieus wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:
Amadieus wrote:
Why are some people expecting that these escaped dino's will live and breed after their release from the mansion? The movie said nothing like that...

Because that's what basic common sense dictates. We've seen these movies too many times for us NOT to expect something like this.

owenpratt wrote:
Maybe Rexy, Blue and the dinosaurs that Maisie released will be all captured in a morning (due to the mighty US military army) and sent on that Sanctuary or some island (so people will stop saying Maisie will cause the deaths of many people),or maybe on Sorna (so there won't be any more complaints about the absence of Sorna in this new trilogy) while the dinosaurs that were bought by the buyers and the dinosaurs on Wu's embryos will be the ones who will really spread around the world, being maybe cloned or going to breed.

But someone in this 3 years gap will go to that Sanctuary (or Sorna, or whatever) and kidnap Rexy, Blue and the other dinosaurs and take them on some places on the mainland to use them for something (this time not in California, so people in this thread will be happy). Then something happens and it will be chaos.

That's not how the U.S. military works. By the time the military would find them, the meat eaters would have eaten, or at least killed, enough people to give the military justification for them to kill them on sight. Some of the herbivores would be traqed at the beginning, but anything after that, shoot and kill on sight. Not only that, but the public would have been swayed to the pro-extinction side side in a clear majority. Too many people would be dead by the Compy's alone for the public to swing towards that side.

Common sense would be to wait and see what will happen in JW3 before making an entire post about ammunition types to take down dinosaurs. Now do not get me wrong, I agree with your opinion. It would be ridiculous if these animals would not be able to be captured by the military. But I am far from convinced that JW3 will even address it. The movie takes place three years in the future, the focus probably will be more on those dinosaurs that got taken away and used for reproducing many more copies and variants.

It has to be addressed. Too many people in the GA would ask the question it for it NOT to be addressed. And as I said before, even if Jack Ewins does address it in one of his sites, the GA would only see it as a crutch the movie would use for bad screenwriting. Look how many people ask about Isla Sorna.

I really, really think you’re wrong about the GA. I want to know(not names etc., just an idea) who you’ve heard from that you’d consider the GA. For example, anyone in a jurassic Park group or forum, I would not. Film critics I i also would not because despite me disagreeing with them on multiple occasions, they are supposed to watch these and pay attention.

I’m also going to not accept parents either. Not to say all are the same, but my parents are pretty casual movie goers, but know a lot of the lore simply because I was so obsessed as a kid.

I’m not trying to fight with you or start something, but anyone I’ve talked to I would consider in the GA that liked the film really didn’t have that many questions. I have no doubt we’ll have very early answers to what happened to the dinosaurs released early in the next film.

I also think you gotta drop this website crusade. Universal says it is canon. Trevorrow says it is canon. What’s really the difference between a free website and say a Star Wars novel you have to buy. Both fill in gaps outside the films (and he’ll, Solo had things in it that needed a cartoon as well to fully get.). Point is, yeah it sucks IF they make edits, but I don’t really mind since it’s just more information for us. Things like the extra species have filled in answers, and Jack Ewins has said Sorna may not actually be completely decimated. So it’s not like there isn’t hope. Or hell, with that info, just imagine Sorna isn’t gone. Not hurting anyone, and who knows where future films might go.

Mainly my FB movie group, Midnight's Edge. They basically were born covering Fant4stic and really go famous when covering GB2016. I also view what the GA feels by how many toys of a product/franchise are actually still on the shelves in the store I work at. We still have quite a lot of Star Wars toys and the Marvel toys are half sold out if you look carefully (You know how they stock shelves to make them look fuller then they are) enough. The Target not far from my store, which had a much larger variety of JW:FK toys then my store and the paltry amount it has (just a small front showcase location), looked to be 2/3 gone.

TheRexMan22 wrote:
This thread should be called "I don't like the direction this series is taking and I'm worried for the future."

To be fair, considering how this topic has got derailed, it does feel like that sometimes.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

If you're concerned about where this franchise is headed, then please join us.
Back to top Go down
Amadieus
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk about the ending...and it's one MASSIVE flaw. (Slight spoiler)   Let's talk about the ending...and it's one MASSIVE flaw. (Slight spoiler) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2018 6:13 pm

Quote :
Mainly my FB movie group, Midnight's Edge. They basically were born covering Fant4stic and really go famous when covering GB2016. I also view what the GA feels by how many toys of a product/franchise are actually still on the shelves in the store I work at. We still have quite a lot of Star Wars toys and the Marvel toys are half sold out if you look carefully (You know how they stock shelves to make them look fuller then they are) enough. The Target not far from my store, which had a much larger variety of JW:FK toys then my store and the paltry amount it has (just a small front showcase location), looked to be 2/3 gone.

Would that not be more like movie enthusiast, or movie goers? At least if I think about the GA I think about my brother or my friends who go to the cinema 2-3 times a year. Maybe more if they are bored. They do not follow any movie production and go to a movie without reading anything about, except maybe a trailer.
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk about the ending...and it's one MASSIVE flaw. (Slight spoiler)   Let's talk about the ending...and it's one MASSIVE flaw. (Slight spoiler) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2018 6:16 pm

Amadieus wrote:
Quote :

Would that not be more like movie enthusiast, or movie goers? At least if I think about the GA I think about my brother or my friends who go to the cinema 2-3 times a year. Maybe more if they are bored. They do not follow any movie production and go to a movie without reading anything about, except maybe a trailer.

That's not a bad point, but don't you think that many in the GA would do some digging about a certain movie that gets talked about whenever it's for good reasons (Infinity War) or bad reasons (Fant4stic and/or GB 2016)?

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

Back to top Go down
Dilophosaurus
Gallimimus
Gallimimus
Dilophosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk about the ending...and it's one MASSIVE flaw. (Slight spoiler)   Let's talk about the ending...and it's one MASSIVE flaw. (Slight spoiler) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2018 6:18 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:
The Target not far from my store, which had a much larger variety of JW:FK toys then my store and the paltry amount it has (just a small front showcase location), looked to be 2/3 gone.

I guarantee no kid is saying "I don't want those dinosaur toys mommy, they didn't mention Sorna!" or "I don't want those dinosaur toys mommy, the military are going to kill them all anyway!"

Kids won't notice these flaws, they will love the movie regardless. And toys don't sell like they used to because of video games etc.
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk about the ending...and it's one MASSIVE flaw. (Slight spoiler)   Let's talk about the ending...and it's one MASSIVE flaw. (Slight spoiler) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2018 6:26 pm

Dilophosaurus wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:
The Target not far from my store, which had a much larger variety of JW:FK toys then my store and the paltry amount it has (just a small front showcase location), looked to be 2/3 gone.

I guarantee no kid is saying "I don't want those dinosaur toys mommy, they didn't mention Sorna!" or "I don't want those dinosaur toys mommy, the military are going to kill them all anyway!"

Kids won't notice these flaws, they will love the movie regardless. And toys don't sell like they used to because of video games etc.

Kids being the main word. Many, if not most, of them might not have even seen the first 2 sequels. As for toys not selling, many of the JW:FK toys were sold out on Amazon on one point (I checked multiple times, believe me.) And the few Mattel Attack Pack dinos my store had were sold out some time ago.

Back to top Go down
Herrerasaurus
Ankylosaurus
Ankylosaurus
Herrerasaurus

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk about the ending...and it's one MASSIVE flaw. (Slight spoiler)   Let's talk about the ending...and it's one MASSIVE flaw. (Slight spoiler) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2018 10:08 pm

I really don't see how this is a massive flaw within this movie. It could be a potential problem in the next one but for this film, I really don't see how it is a problem at all.
Back to top Go down
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk about the ending...and it's one MASSIVE flaw. (Slight spoiler)   Let's talk about the ending...and it's one MASSIVE flaw. (Slight spoiler) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2018 10:10 pm

It's not a "flaw" yet. If they fail to address it realistically in the next film, then fine, it's a flaw. As of this moment it's just something that happened.

Let's talk about the ending...and it's one MASSIVE flaw. (Slight spoiler) - Page 3 Jpbann10
Back to top Go down
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk about the ending...and it's one MASSIVE flaw. (Slight spoiler)   Let's talk about the ending...and it's one MASSIVE flaw. (Slight spoiler) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2018 1:26 pm

I think I figured out whats going to happen in the next one. The government will evacuate the section of northern California that the dinosaurs escaped. Basically trying to contain the problem by creating an 'ecological refuge' of sorts. A different, governmental organization will get created, a commission of sorts to try to 'contain' the dinosaurs. Owen and Claire will be asked in to consult, while they keep Maisie's status a secret.

Meanwhile, Owen gets called to track down Blue again, maybe because the government has the idea that Owen and Blue together could be used to help 'track down' some of the escaped dinos that have breached the perimeter. So cross country road trip with Owen and Blue and Claire and Maisie!

Gallimimus
Gallimimus
Dilophosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk about the ending...and it's one MASSIVE flaw. (Slight spoiler)   Let's talk about the ending...and it's one MASSIVE flaw. (Slight spoiler) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2018 4:15 am

Sickle_Claw wrote:
I think I figured out whats going to happen in the next one. The government will evacuate the section of northern California that the dinosaurs escaped. Basically trying to contain the problem by creating an 'ecological refuge' of sorts.  A different, governmental organization will get created, a commission of sorts to try to 'contain' the dinosaurs. Owen and Claire will be asked in to consult, while they keep Maisie's status a secret.

Meanwhile, Owen gets called to track down Blue again, maybe because the government has the idea that Owen and Blue together could be used to help 'track down' some of the escaped dinos that have breached the perimeter. So cross country road trip with Owen and Blue and Claire and Maisie!

Don't forget Grant and Ellie as paleo-consultants to the project. Smile
Back to top Go down
Quetzalcoatlus
Embryo
Embryo
Quetzalcoatlus

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk about the ending...and it's one MASSIVE flaw. (Slight spoiler)   Let's talk about the ending...and it's one MASSIVE flaw. (Slight spoiler) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 14, 2018 9:54 am

TheDreamMaster wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:
Amadieus wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:
Amadieus wrote:

owenpratt wrote:

At least the makers of these movies didn’t suddenly throw out 30 years of work that was clearly stated as canon like Disney insisted on doing with Star Wars and then rewrite everything. That franchise was treated terribly. This one has been handled well so far I think. I am curious about how the ending will be handled though.
Back to top Go down
NikoRex
Embryo
Embryo
NikoRex

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk about the ending...and it's one MASSIVE flaw. (Slight spoiler)   Let's talk about the ending...and it's one MASSIVE flaw. (Slight spoiler) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 14, 2018 5:05 pm

Maybe someone does have a answer to this but, aren't these animals anyway doomed to die, because of the lysine contingency? According to canon, that these dinosaurs where all from Sorna and basically an old batch of InGen dinosaurs, shouldn't they all die after 7 days without lysine? That means the compys, the T.rex and basically every InGen Dinosaur. Blue and some newer clones maybe doesn't have this deficient and that's why they'll survive. I mean, that was the whole backup plan in JP and according to Sarah in TLW, the animals only could survive, because the herbivores ate the soy and the carnivores ate the herbivores.

Or are the film makers ignoring that comepleteley in future?
Back to top Go down
Quetzalcoatlus
Embryo
Embryo
Quetzalcoatlus

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk about the ending...and it's one MASSIVE flaw. (Slight spoiler)   Let's talk about the ending...and it's one MASSIVE flaw. (Slight spoiler) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 14, 2018 7:43 pm

They just need lysine rich foods. Even we can’t make our own lysine...no animal can. Crichton screwed up there.
Back to top Go down
owenpratt
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus
owenpratt

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk about the ending...and it's one MASSIVE flaw. (Slight spoiler)   Let's talk about the ending...and it's one MASSIVE flaw. (Slight spoiler) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 15, 2018 8:59 am

NikoRex wrote:
Maybe someone does have a answer to this but, aren't these animals anyway doomed to die, because of the lysine contingency? According to canon, that these dinosaurs where all from Sorna and basically an old batch of InGen dinosaurs, shouldn't they all die after 7 days without lysine?

Yes! But by God, they're flourishing! That's one of the thousand questions I want the team to answer.

Back to top Go down
CT-1138
Jurassic Mainframe News Team
Jurassic Mainframe News Team
CT-1138

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk about the ending...and it's one MASSIVE flaw. (Slight spoiler)   Let's talk about the ending...and it's one MASSIVE flaw. (Slight spoiler) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 15, 2018 5:52 pm

"I figured out how the dinosaurs survived without lysine!"

"I don't care!"

"If you look at the diets of the herbivore dinosaurs most of them eat agma beans, soy, anything that's lysine rich. And the carnivores, well they eat the herbivores, so..."

*BIG CRASHING AND ROARING SOUND INTERRUPTS CONVERSATION*

http://abekowalski.deviantart.com/
1morey
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus
1morey

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk about the ending...and it's one MASSIVE flaw. (Slight spoiler)   Let's talk about the ending...and it's one MASSIVE flaw. (Slight spoiler) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 15, 2018 10:57 pm

Realistically, I don't even think that the military would be involved in gunning down any dinosaurs. They're not kaiju.

If anything, it would involve U.S. Fish & Wildlife, or even the Department of Agriculture's Animal Damage Control.
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk about the ending...and it's one MASSIVE flaw. (Slight spoiler)   Let's talk about the ending...and it's one MASSIVE flaw. (Slight spoiler) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2018 5:53 pm

1morey wrote:
Realistically, I don't even think that the military would be involved in gunning down any dinosaurs. They're not kaiju.

If anything, it would involve U.S. Fish & Wildlife, or even the Department of Agriculture's Animal Damage Control.

Except they don't have the firepower needed to take out rampaging dinosaurs. The death toll would eventually be so high, the military would be needed to wipe out the dinosaurs. The public outrage alone would force the governors, if not the the U.S. President, to order military intervention. It would be political suicide not to.

Back to top Go down
1morey
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus
1morey

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk about the ending...and it's one MASSIVE flaw. (Slight spoiler)   Let's talk about the ending...and it's one MASSIVE flaw. (Slight spoiler) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2018 7:09 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:
1morey wrote:

Except they don't have the firepower needed to take out rampaging dinosaurs. The death toll would eventually be so high, the military would be needed to wipe out the dinosaurs. The public outrage alone would force the governors, if not the the U.S. President, to order military intervention. It would be political suicide not to.

With all due respect, I think you are overestimating the abilities of the dinosaurs.

If direct action was to be taken, U.S FWS would most likely be traveling in helicopters (as is being done now for feral hogs), and bolt-action rifles chambered in .375 H&H Mag or .458 Win Mag for dinosaurs like Tyrannosaurus.

For medium dinosaurs (Carnotaurus, Allosaurus), .300 Magnum, or .338 Magnum.

And the smaller dinosaurs like Gallimimus, Stygimoloch, and Compsognathus could just be tranqed.

It wouldn't really be any different than when hunters have to cull problem animals in Africa, or maneaters.
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk about the ending...and it's one MASSIVE flaw. (Slight spoiler)   Let's talk about the ending...and it's one MASSIVE flaw. (Slight spoiler) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 22, 2018 12:43 pm

1morey wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:
1morey wrote:

With all due respect, I think you are overestimating the abilities of the dinosaurs.

If direct action was to be taken, U.S FWS would most likely be traveling in helicopters (as is being done now for feral hogs), and bolt-action rifles chambered in .375 H&H Mag or .458 Win Mag for dinosaurs like Tyrannosaurus.

And the smaller dinosaurs like Gallimimus, Stygimoloch, and Compsognathus could just be tranqed.

It wouldn't really be any different than when hunters have to cull problem animals in Africa, or maneaters.

But would anybody really screaming for that agency to take action? Most don't even know about that agency. I'm not saying it wouldn't make sense. But too many people would be calling for the Nation Guard to take action instead via their firepower.

Back to top Go down
1morey
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus
1morey

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk about the ending...and it's one MASSIVE flaw. (Slight spoiler)   Let's talk about the ending...and it's one MASSIVE flaw. (Slight spoiler) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 22, 2018 10:06 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:
1morey wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:
1morey wrote:

But would anybody really screaming for that agency  to take action? Most don't even know about that agency. I'm not saying it wouldn't make sense. But too many people would be calling for the Nation Guard to take action instead via their firepower.

You also have to remember, only about a dozen or so individual animals have escaped. This is not a high enough threat to human life that would require the National Guard. (I highly doubt that they would even be realistically deployed, because they are primarily meant to respond to natural or man-made disasters, civil unrest, or terrorist attacks.

And, U.S. Fish & Wildlife is pretty well known within the rural areas of the United States. Like if you spend any amount of time outside of a major city (Like Los Angeles, New York, Chicago, etc.), most people are going to know what US Fish & Wildlife is.

To be fair, we don't have any real-life precedent for this, since dinosaurs are extinct. The closest real-life precedent I could think of is the 2011 Muskingum County Animal Farm Animal Escapes.

Back in October 2011, Terry Thompson, the owner of an animal farm in Ohio, let loose fifty of the fifty-six animals that he owned (before shooting himself in the head).

Of the animals that escaped there were: Eighteen Bengal tigers, nine male lions and eight lionesses, six American black bears, three cougars, two grizzly bears, two wolves, a Celebes crested macaque, and a baboon. 48 of the animals were killed by local police, the baboon was eaten by a tiger, one wolf was hit by a car, and as of 2015, the macaque was still missing.

Three leopards, a grizzly bear, and two other macaques were still caged inside Thompson's home and sent to the Columbus Zoo.

Ultimately though, by JW3, dinosaurs are part of the global ecosystem, so whatever happens to the escaped dinosaurs and pterosaurs (whether they are moved to the island sanctuary, or are put in a contained area in say, Redwoods National Park) is moot.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk about the ending...and it's one MASSIVE flaw. (Slight spoiler)   Let's talk about the ending...and it's one MASSIVE flaw. (Slight spoiler) - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Let's talk about the ending...and it's one MASSIVE flaw. (Slight spoiler)
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3