Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

"The last of her kind"

Go down 
+2
brunofernando
Lost
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Lost
Ceratosaurus
Ceratosaurus
Lost

"The last of her kind" Empty
PostSubject: "The last of her kind"   "The last of her kind" Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2018 10:46 am

"That raptor is the last of her kind" or whatever they said about Blue in Fallen Kingdom. Let's see, Jurassic World had been operating since 2005 and as late as 2001 Grant visited Sorna and found a large pack of healthy and breeding raptors. Why is it so difficult for the JW movies to acknowledge Sorna and everything that happened there? Even JP3 acknowledged the San Diego incident from TLW. Why do they insist not to put anything about Sorna in the new scripts at all, not even a comment or an explanation?
Back to top Go down
brunofernando
Embryo
Embryo
brunofernando

PostSubject: Re: "The last of her kind"   "The last of her kind" Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2018 11:20 am

Dinosaur Protection Group website implied that the dinosaurs in Sorna died because the ecosystem was affect by removing dinosaurs from there to Isla Nublar and even the "Spinosaurus effect".
Back to top Go down
Spiegel
Stegosaurus
Stegosaurus
Spiegel

PostSubject: Re: "The last of her kind"   "The last of her kind" Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2018 11:22 am

Trevorrow has basically talked in multiple interviews in a way that has given me the impression he likes the concepts of Jurassic Park but wants to do his way. At least that's my impression. He's not really into the canon that exists but wants to create his own almost but he can't get rid of what already exists. He said something along the lines of "JW3 is the film he wanted to create" or something close to that. So it seems his story line is just a means to an end. It's like he was a fan but not a hardcore one, that came up with an idea on what the movie should be without considering much of the past.

CT-1138
Jurassic Mainframe News Team
Jurassic Mainframe News Team
CT-1138

PostSubject: Re: "The last of her kind"   "The last of her kind" Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2018 1:38 pm

Blue is a IBRIS project Raptor. More specifically, she's a second gen IBRIS raptor bred to be more empathetic and form better bonds with her human handler. So, technically Mills is correct. Blue is the last IBRIS Raptor. The IBRIS Raptors were bred to higher levels of docility, which was why Wu needed her DNA for the iRaptor instead of any other random Raptor. Not to mention the IBRIS project's Raptors increased docility were traits that would be taught to the second generation of iRaptors. These docile behaviors and understanding of human emotions and intentions were what the prototype lacked and was why Wu didn't want it to be sold at auction.

brunofernando wrote:
Dinosaur Protection Group website implied that the dinosaurs in Sorna died because the ecosystem was affect by removing dinosaurs from there to Isla Nublar and even the "Spinosaurus effect".
It's ambiguous, and left purposely so as to not ruffle scales. The DPG states that surviving species were taken to Nublar to fill Jurassic World. However, it doesn't say that ALL of them were taken, or that every species was taken either. The InGen headcount taken in 1994(?) posted on the DPG says there were 6 Rexes on Sorna accounted for. By 1997, there's possibly more considering the dinosaurs have established breeding populations by then. I find it really hard to believe that over 7 Rexes were housed on Isla Nublar.

http://abekowalski.deviantart.com/
Dr. Wu
Veteran
Veteran
Dr. Wu

PostSubject: Re: "The last of her kind"   "The last of her kind" Icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2018 6:25 am

Lost wrote:
Why is it so difficult for the JW movies to acknowledge Sorna and everything that happened there?

Mills mentions Sorna in the film and as for what happened there you have to go on the DPG website.

Ceratosaurus
Ceratosaurus
Lost

PostSubject: Re: "The last of her kind"   "The last of her kind" Icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2018 2:48 pm

Dr. Wu wrote:
Lost wrote:
Why is it so difficult for the JW movies to acknowledge Sorna and everything that happened there?

Mills mentions Sorna in the film and as for what happened there you have to go on the DPG website.

Really? I didn't catch that, for some reason. What did he say?
Back to top Go down
Spiegel
Stegosaurus
Stegosaurus
Spiegel

PostSubject: Re: "The last of her kind"   "The last of her kind" Icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2018 3:22 pm

I dont believe he did, though I could be wrong. They talked about an island sanctuary but the topography was different than Sorna and they didnt name it.

owenpratt
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus
owenpratt

PostSubject: Re: "The last of her kind"   "The last of her kind" Icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2018 3:25 pm

I saw the movie 3 times. Mills mentions Sorna.
"Let's go back at the beginning... before the park, before Sorna, Hammond and Lockwood started cloning right under our feet..." or similar.

My Twitter: https://twitter.com/owenpratt93
Back to top Go down
Lost
Ceratosaurus
Ceratosaurus
Lost

PostSubject: Re: "The last of her kind"   "The last of her kind" Icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2018 3:56 pm

owenpratt wrote:
I saw the movie 3 times. Mills mentions Sorna.
"Let's go back at the beginning... before the park, before Sorna, Hammond and Lockwood started cloning right under our feet..." or similar.

Oh ok, interesting. At least that's something. I was left with the impression that they were ignoring Sorna altogether, and pretended the cloning of the dinosaurs happened at Lockwood's estate instead, which kind of pissed me off. I'll watch it again and pay attention to that piece of dialogue.
Back to top Go down
Spiegel
Stegosaurus
Stegosaurus
Spiegel

PostSubject: Re: "The last of her kind"   "The last of her kind" Icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2018 4:18 pm

Oh I didnt catch that either time I watched it

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "The last of her kind"   "The last of her kind" Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

"The last of her kind"
Page 1 of 1