Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

Jurassic Park: The Game kind of sucks, but it's not all bad.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
TheDreamMaster
Administrator
Administrator
TheDreamMaster

Jurassic Park: The Game kind of sucks, but it's not all bad.  Empty
PostJurassic Park: The Game kind of sucks, but it's not all bad.

So hear me out, I actually enjoy the story on Jurassic Park: The Game. I like getting backstory, and seeing dinosaurs we didn't have a chance to see in the films. It really does enhance the experience and answer some questions. With some tweaks (Rex smashing the VC, island being bombed which we never actually see), it can fit canonically with Jurassic World, especially as JW takes some lore from the game, like Mt. Sibo.

The game itself though....well it pretty well sucks. It's quick-time events, the game. It amazes me that Telltale Games made this, because the games I played after were so much fuller. Still basic point and click elements, some QTEs, but you got to actually walk, explore, and you had choices that affected the game. Maybe it was Universal, who at the time wanted a canon sequel? Maybe they didn't want open ended experiences where characters could be saved or die, or events altered, and they ended up having to make something more akin to an interactive film. There's also that issue of it being a pretty glitch game, and while Telltale is no stranger to glitches, this game has a lot of stuttering and small freezes, even on the Xbox disc version.

So without playing a Telltale game prior to JP, I wonder if this pushed them to make more interactive experiences. The Walking Dead came out a year later, and was hugely praised, winning awards for story, and no one really complained about the gameplay, which was miles beyond JP. Maybe the misstep with JP pushed them to improve how their games were made, and if so, they succeeded. Credit where credit is due, JP: The Game is still an intriguing story, and I like all the backstory it provides, as well as JP versions of dinosaurs we hadn't seen. It just sucks you have to slog through the worst parts of most game for an entire game to see it all.

"We'll use the Force."- Finn
 "That's not how the Force works!"- Han Solo
Back to top Go down
Share this post on: reddit

Jurassic Park: The Game kind of sucks, but it's not all bad. :: Comments

No Comment.

Jurassic Park: The Game kind of sucks, but it's not all bad.

Page 1 of 1