Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

How was carnotaurus treated?

Go down 
+10
V.a.nublarensis
Troyal1
Dilophosaurus
Spiegel
Tyrant Lizard
Mr. Robustus
Bionic
Dv-218
Dr. Wu
Lost
14 posters
AuthorMessage
Lost
Ceratosaurus
Ceratosaurus
Lost

How was carnotaurus treated? Empty
PostSubject: How was carnotaurus treated?   How was carnotaurus treated? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2018 3:15 pm

So finally we got to see Carnotaurus in a JP movie, a longtime fan favorite (myself included) which many of were hoping for in JW and even during the dark years we would imagine a JP movie with carnotaurus, being that it was so awesome in the novel and is an extremely strange and interesting carnivore overall. Kudos to Trevorrow and Bayona for including it. So this should've been a dream come true, but how did it make you feel? It appeared, roared, approached the humans and was then subdued by the triumphant t-rex (since the t-rex's role is now to appear all of a sudden to save humans). Then the carnotaurus appeared again towards the end of the movie where it killed Mills together with the t-rex. Was this the carnotaurus you were hoping for all these years? What more could they have done with it in your opinion? Hopefully it will make another appearance in JW3. It's still a bit unreal to me that it actually appeared in the movie, but then again I'm a hardcore carno fan (and not much of a t-rex fan).
Back to top Go down
Dr. Wu
Veteran
Veteran
Dr. Wu

PostSubject: Re: How was carnotaurus treated?   How was carnotaurus treated? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2018 3:23 pm

I'm glad it appeared it more than one scene. It was cool but since the Indominus had the camouflage it's unfortunate the Carno didn't get the ability.

Ceratosaurus
Ceratosaurus
Lost

PostSubject: Re: How was carnotaurus treated?   How was carnotaurus treated? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2018 3:26 pm

Dr. Wu wrote:
I'm glad it appeared it more than one scene. It was cool but since the Indominus had the camouflage it's unfortunate the Carno didn't get the ability.

I agree. Would've loved to get something like in the novel, that would've been a lot more exciting (and terrifying).
Back to top Go down
Dv-218
Ceratosaurus
Ceratosaurus
Dv-218

PostSubject: Re: How was carnotaurus treated?   How was carnotaurus treated? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2018 3:48 pm

Yeah I kinda wished it got more screentime (along with allosaurus), but I was still glad it featured and I thought it actually had a decent design (i like the pattern). Like the Doctor Wu himself said (lol), Since the Indominus, a hybrid, got the color changing ability, it feels redundant to give carnotaurus the same ability. I don't argue that it would have been cool. I would have liked if it was the main threat at the island island half, if it was longer.

But I did love the moment when the rex and the carno Eddie Carre'd Mills- not only because it was brutal and statisfiyng, but also bacause it marked a historic moment:
This was the 1st time someone gave carnotaurus a hand Very Happy

Last edited by Dv-218 on Sun Jul 01, 2018 3:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Bionic
Hatchling
Hatchling
Bionic

PostSubject: Re: How was carnotaurus treated?   How was carnotaurus treated? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2018 3:52 pm

I think it was totally wasted. This could have been any other medium sized predator.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Robustus
Compsognathus
Compsognathus
Mr. Robustus

PostSubject: Re: How was carnotaurus treated?   How was carnotaurus treated? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2018 3:58 pm

It was awesome and kind of surreal to finally see one in a Jurassic Park movie. I remember when I first watched the first trailer, my eyes almost jumped out of their sockets when it first appeared roaring. Design-wise, it looked awesome (in fact, it's probably the best-looking creature in these new movies).

Thing is, like a lot of other dinosaurs in Fallen Kingdom, it's there basically for window-dressing. It doesn't really do anything of note (although the fight with the Sinoceratops was really cool), and it must have about one minute of screen time in total. It was almost like an extended joke how it constantly got its ass kicked by the other dinosaurs. I think the movie could have easily replaced the Allosaurus and Baryonyx with other Carnotauruses, and it would have been much cooler.

Also, it's kind of sad that none of the Jurassic Park movies ever delivered the infamous camouflaging Carnotaurus from the Lost World novel. Especially sadder if you remember that the main reason Crichton created them in the first place was because he wanted to see how that would look like in a live action movie. Carnotaurus could've been a great main antagonist for a movie in the same vein as the Velociraptors in the first movie: they are very distinct looking with that small head, small arms, big horns and osteoderms; were supposedly very fast; are bigger than the JP raptors but smaller than a T. rex; and you can come up with a lot of cool scenes involving that camouflage.

"Try to imagine yourself in the Late Quaternary. You get your first look at this six-foot Psittacosaurus as you enter a city. You stay still, because you think that maybe its visual acuity is based on movement. Maybe it's not all that bright. But no... not Homo sapiens. You stare at it, and it stares right back at you. And that's when it starts shooting you with this... THE GUN!" - Dr. Mongoliensis
Back to top Go down
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: How was carnotaurus treated?   How was carnotaurus treated? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2018 3:58 pm

Better than the Allosaurus.

How was carnotaurus treated? Jpbann10
Back to top Go down
Spiegel
Stegosaurus
Stegosaurus
Spiegel

PostSubject: Re: How was carnotaurus treated?   How was carnotaurus treated? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2018 4:00 pm

I agree as well. Would really have loved the Carnotaurus vs the flashlights scene. Still happy it made it in.

Dv-218
Ceratosaurus
Ceratosaurus
Dv-218

PostSubject: Re: How was carnotaurus treated?   How was carnotaurus treated? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2018 4:03 pm

^That was my fav novel scene, would love to see it visualised one day.

I agree that carno, along with juvenile pach..erhm, Stygimoloch and Sinoceratops, were the better treated new dinosaurs. Poor Allo..
Back to top Go down
Dilophosaurus
Gallimimus
Gallimimus
Dilophosaurus

PostSubject: Re: How was carnotaurus treated?   How was carnotaurus treated? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2018 4:39 pm

I did enjoy the carno scenes.

But like others have said I would have liked to have seen a movie with camouflaging carnos as one of the main dinosaur threats.

The indominus having the ability was just a waste as it only used it once in the whole movie and the scene wasn't even that good.

My favourite depiction of carnotaurus is still Disney's Dinosaur. They looked so cool in that film and were actually pretty scary.

Btw did you guys catch that the Allos in FK were juveniles? Hopefully that means we will see some adult Allos in JW3. As well as some more carno action.
Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: How was carnotaurus treated?   How was carnotaurus treated? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2018 11:14 pm

Disappointed. Stiggy AND Carno should have been let out into the auction floor. That would have been awesome
Back to top Go down
V.a.nublarensis
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
V.a.nublarensis

PostSubject: Re: How was carnotaurus treated?   How was carnotaurus treated? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2018 11:25 pm

Wish it had more scenes. The fight with the Sino is awesome.
Back to top Go down
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: How was carnotaurus treated?   How was carnotaurus treated? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2018 11:40 pm

I loved it, except for that lame scene with Rexy killing it. Unecessary. You don't bring cool theropods to make them die like that.

Former JPL member, Spinosaur4.4.

How was carnotaurus treated? LYHX0zA
Back to top Go down
V.a.nublarensis
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
V.a.nublarensis

PostSubject: Re: How was carnotaurus treated?   How was carnotaurus treated? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2018 11:45 pm

Am I the only one who still thinks Rexy didn't kill the Carno?
Back to top Go down
Mr. Robustus
Compsognathus
Compsognathus
Mr. Robustus

PostSubject: Re: How was carnotaurus treated?   How was carnotaurus treated? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2018 12:18 am

V.a.nublarensis wrote:

She did, though. In the shot where Owen starts running after the gyrosphere (and away from the herd of herbivores), you can see the Carnotaurus still down on the background, only it's not moving. I'm pretty sure it's dead.

Here::

"Try to imagine yourself in the Late Quaternary. You get your first look at this six-foot Psittacosaurus as you enter a city. You stay still, because you think that maybe its visual acuity is based on movement. Maybe it's not all that bright. But no... not Homo sapiens. You stare at it, and it stares right back at you. And that's when it starts shooting you with this... THE GUN!" - Dr. Mongoliensis
Back to top Go down
V.a.nublarensis
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
V.a.nublarensis

PostSubject: Re: How was carnotaurus treated?   How was carnotaurus treated? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2018 12:29 am

Mr. Robustus wrote:
V.a.nublarensis wrote:

She did, though. In the shot where Owen starts running after the gyrosphere (and away from the herd of herbivores), you can see the Carnotaurus still down on the background, only it's not moving. I'm pretty sure it's dead.

Here:
Technically, it could just be unconscious for less than a minute, but I digress. Nice catch, btw.
Back to top Go down
Lost
Ceratosaurus
Ceratosaurus
Lost

PostSubject: Re: How was carnotaurus treated?   How was carnotaurus treated? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2018 2:40 am

Mr. Robustus wrote:

Then how can it appear later in the movie? Unless of course there's two of them (or more).
Back to top Go down
Herrerasaurus
Ankylosaurus
Ankylosaurus
Herrerasaurus

PostSubject: Re: How was carnotaurus treated?   How was carnotaurus treated? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2018 3:12 am

Lost wrote:
Mr. Robustus wrote:

Then how can it appear later in the movie? Unless of course there's two of them (or more).
There are multiple in the film. In fact, I think the one we saw at the end might have been a juvenile. It looked like it had smaller horns than the one we saw on the island (saw the movie only once so i could be wrong)
Back to top Go down
Physalisfresser
Hatchling
Hatchling
Physalisfresser

PostSubject: Re: How was carnotaurus treated?   How was carnotaurus treated? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2018 4:55 pm

Dilophosaurus wrote:
I did enjoy the carno scenes.

But like others have said I would have liked to have seen a movie with camouflaging carnos as one of the main dinosaur threats.

The indominus having the ability was just a waste as it only used it once in the whole movie and the scene wasn't even that good.

My favourite depiction of carnotaurus is still Disney's Dinosaur. They looked so cool in that film and were actually pretty scary.

Btw did you guys catch that the Allos in FK were juveniles? Hopefully that means we will see some adult Allos in JW3. As well as some more carno action.

Yes the Allos in FK were juveniles, I'm hoping they have a similiar design to this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mwDUYvXwFt8
Back to top Go down
TheRexMan22
Veteran
Veteran
TheRexMan22

PostSubject: Re: How was carnotaurus treated?   How was carnotaurus treated? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 07, 2018 1:14 pm

I think the Allo's were juvenile because a full grown Allo would look too much like a T-Rex?

but as for the Carno, I'm satisfied. I know people wanted to see more of it, but it's hard when there are so many dinosaurs. Carno had one great scene, So I'm satisfied. Baryonyx also had one great scene, and Sino had a good one too.

[color=#33ccff]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How was carnotaurus treated?   How was carnotaurus treated? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How was carnotaurus treated?
Page 1 of 1