Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

Information on The Evolution of Claire

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Fra2014
Embryo
Embryo

Information on The Evolution of Claire Empty
PostSubject: Information on The Evolution of Claire   Information on The Evolution of Claire Icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2018 12:52 pm

Someone who has read the new book Evolution of Claire, can you tell me if the book is told what happened to Sorna and what is its status?
Back to top Go down
Megatronus Rex
Compsognathus
Compsognathus
Megatronus Rex

PostSubject: Re: Information on The Evolution of Claire   Information on The Evolution of Claire Icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2018 11:03 pm

Sorry this is so late, and you've probably either read the book already or Googled it, but in the book Sorna is still active and doing OK. Claire actually asks Masrani about the island and he says there are "enough" dinosaurs, implying the population has declined but it's still viable. That's about all we are told about Sorna in the entire book as far as its status goes.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCuEb77i1zKVDNUSAyk_pZ-A
ChaoticianDrac
Embryo
Embryo
ChaoticianDrac

PostSubject: Re: Information on The Evolution of Claire   Information on The Evolution of Claire Icon_minitimeSat Dec 22, 2018 7:48 am

Am currently reading this book... Does it conflict with the DPG website descriptions? As well I notice very much that Claire is made out to be far more virtuous and animal-conscious than she was in the film.
My insight up to this point is that the book represents a timeline amalgum only partially in-line with the two current Jurassic World films.

Megatronus Rex
Compsognathus
Compsognathus
Megatronus Rex

PostSubject: Re: Information on The Evolution of Claire   Information on The Evolution of Claire Icon_minitimeSat Dec 22, 2018 5:41 pm

From what I can remember, the book does a good job of keeping things consistent with the current franchise, apart from some age discrepancies with Claire's family. Bryce Dallas Howard and Colin Trevorrow consulted on the book, so it should be pretty accurate, and Trevorrow confirmed it was movie canon.
Back to top Go down
TyrannosaurTJ
Gallimimus
Gallimimus
TyrannosaurTJ

PostSubject: Re: Information on The Evolution of Claire   Information on The Evolution of Claire Icon_minitimeSat Dec 22, 2018 11:00 pm

Megatronus Rex wrote:
From what I can remember, the book does a good job of keeping things consistent with the current franchise, apart from some age discrepancies with Claire's family. Bryce Dallas Howard and Colin Trevorrow consulted on the book, so it should be pretty accurate, and Trevorrow confirmed it was movie canon.

Not really an age discrepancy so much as that Karen's boyfriend/significant other is named "Pete" in the Evolution of Claire and is supposedly Zach's biological dad. Scott Mitchell was the name of the character in JW though.

http://jurassic-pedia.com/scott-mitchell/

I've wondered if maybe that perceived oversight is an indicator that Scott and Karen got together later and Scott adopted Zach going so far as changing his surname, Pete is a middle name or name of preference for the character at the time, or he was someone that came along because Scott and Karen were having issues and then eventually broke it off with Karen because Scott came back into the situation. This is probably something to ask on Twitter for interested parties.

"So you walk eternally through the shadow realms, standing against evil where all others falter. May your thirst for retribution never quench, may the blood on your sword never dry, and may we never need you again." - Corrax Entry 7:17
Back to top Go down
http://www.jurassic-pedia.com/
ChaoticianDrac
Embryo
Embryo
ChaoticianDrac

PostSubject: Re: Information on The Evolution of Claire   Information on The Evolution of Claire Icon_minitimeSun Dec 23, 2018 7:09 am

How weird. I still believe, from long-term experience, that directors are willing to give up continuiting with anything beyond the actual films when making new content, and sometimes even film content. Despite the book being called film canon. Directors don't seem to like to be chained to extensions of films that tie their hands when it comes to creativity.

TyrannosaurTJ
Gallimimus
Gallimimus
TyrannosaurTJ

PostSubject: Re: Information on The Evolution of Claire   Information on The Evolution of Claire Icon_minitimeSun Dec 23, 2018 10:41 am

That is true and also why things like JPTG went from being canonical to merely just being soft canon where elements are picked and chosen by the current creative team. For now... the Evolution of Claire is considered canonical by the powers that be and we need to answer the questions I mentioned or at least accept the lack of answer in any event if they don't answer the questions.

Operationally with external media to the film it's often a case of "If it is said it fits, it fits until it doesn't."

"So you walk eternally through the shadow realms, standing against evil where all others falter. May your thirst for retribution never quench, may the blood on your sword never dry, and may we never need you again." - Corrax Entry 7:17
Back to top Go down
Megatronus Rex
Compsognathus
Compsognathus
Megatronus Rex

PostSubject: Re: Information on The Evolution of Claire   Information on The Evolution of Claire Icon_minitimeMon Dec 24, 2018 7:46 pm

The age discrepancy I was referring to was with Claire being 19 years old in 2004 and Gray not even being born, but with JW taking place in 2015, Zach would need to be somewhat nearing pre-teen age (to be "high school age" in 2015) and Gray would have to have been at least born. So it's a little messed up.

But I agree overall that something is canon until it's not anymore.
Back to top Go down
TyrannosaurTJ
Gallimimus
Gallimimus
TyrannosaurTJ

PostSubject: Re: Information on The Evolution of Claire   Information on The Evolution of Claire Icon_minitimeTue Dec 25, 2018 9:50 am

Megatronus Rex wrote:
The age discrepancy I was referring to was with Claire being 19 years old in 2004 and Gray not even being born, but with JW taking place in 2015, Zach would need to be somewhat nearing pre-teen age (to be "high school age" in 2015) and Gray would have to have been at least born. So it's a little messed up.

But I agree overall that something is canon until it's not anymore.

Oh okay. Thanks for explaining that! It was somewhat flying over my head a bit there for some odd reason. Heh.

Back to top Go down
ChaoticianDrac
Embryo
Embryo
ChaoticianDrac

PostSubject: Re: Information on The Evolution of Claire   Information on The Evolution of Claire Icon_minitimeWed Dec 26, 2018 1:20 am

Yeah. The book is its own little happy-virtuous Claire timeline, from all evidence in my eyes.. It speaks more to who she became AFTER JW, not before.

...In a multi-temporal, multi-dimensionali context, I view these all as separate timelines anyway, which will of course contradict each other. If we can accept that they are alternate within a cohesive Jurassic reality, we can have fun with it that way. How few people I suspect will ever reach this dimension of nerdism (except in those cases like Rick & Morty where it's more obviously projected into the thematic content).

TyrannosaurTJ
Gallimimus
Gallimimus
TyrannosaurTJ

PostSubject: Re: Information on The Evolution of Claire   Information on The Evolution of Claire Icon_minitimeWed Dec 26, 2018 1:17 pm

ChaoticianDrac wrote:
Yeah. The book is its own little happy-virtuous Claire timeline, from all evidence in my eyes.. It speaks more to who she became AFTER JW, not before.

...In a multi-temporal, multi-dimensionali context, I view these all as separate timelines anyway, which will of course contradict each other. If we can accept that they are alternate within a cohesive Jurassic reality, we can have fun with it that way. How few people I suspect will ever reach this dimension of nerdism (except in those cases like Rick & Morty where it's more obviously projected into the thematic content).

Numerous Transformers media function on that principle as well. Things like Beast Wars cartoon (Primax 496.22 Alpha) and the Generation One cartoon (Primax 984.17 Alpha) take place in different "universal streams" in the G1 continuity. Information about that, if interested, can be found here. Within those different and varied universes though there's some cross over here and there and commonalities here and there. but ultimately it's nestled in there like you're suggesting.

That said, it could be possible and work for JP entirely as there's cases where it is a logical assumption to make. JP functions on a similar sort of setup given there's so many different variations of the same story in existence like the Transformers series.

Back to top Go down
ChaoticianDrac
Embryo
Embryo
ChaoticianDrac

PostSubject: Re: Information on The Evolution of Claire   Information on The Evolution of Claire Icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2018 1:40 am

TJ, good to see your perspective on it! And damn it gets me motivated... I have long-term plans to organize all the Jurassic timelines into a consistent temporal system. Hopefully I can get something going in the next couple months - have to finish my research into the dimensions of the early script drafts of the films (which are their own timelines, plus possible connections/fluxes).

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Information on The Evolution of Claire   Information on The Evolution of Claire Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Information on The Evolution of Claire
Page 1 of 1