Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

Should There Be A Female Villain?

Go down 
+8
Rhedosaurus
Amadieus
JVM
V.a.nublarensis
#TRexSpinorematch
Dv-218
Mr. Robustus
JurassicJ
12 posters
AuthorMessage
JurassicJ
Embryo
Embryo
JurassicJ

Should There Be A Female Villain? Empty
PostSubject: Should There Be A Female Villain?   Should There Be A Female Villain? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 13, 2018 12:16 pm

For all-inclusive and equality measures, should there be a female villain introduced into this franchise?

Out of simple observation, it would make a nice change rather than the portrayal of the usual rich, privileged white males who end up dieing (Eli Mills, Gunnar Eversol, Peter Ludlow) and the other males (Dieter Stark, Dennis Nedry, Vic Hoskins) etc.

Do you think it’s about time we saw a female type villain on the same level as Eli Mills or Vic Hoskins?
People thought Zia would be it but it turned out she was just a throw-in character for good measure.

I would include Dr. Henry Wu, but he’s not a villain and the actor B.D. Wong also stated that.
Even though he’s somewhat portrayed to be a bad guy he’s never the quick, chuck-away character like the other guys are.

We do need some equality when it comes to the representation of villains, otherwise well, it would be rather sexist.

Just a simple factual observation.

Last edited by JurassicJ on Tue Jul 24, 2018 10:13 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Mr. Robustus
Compsognathus
Compsognathus
Mr. Robustus

PostSubject: Re: Should There Be A Female Villain?   Should There Be A Female Villain? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 13, 2018 12:46 pm

That would be an interesting way to shake things up. Although, to be honest, I don't know if the Jurassic Park franchise can get away with introducing another human villain for the final movie. We already have two movies in a row with major human villains, having another big human villain for the third movie would be a little repetitive.

"Try to imagine yourself in the Late Quaternary. You get your first look at this six-foot Psittacosaurus as you enter a city. You stay still, because you think that maybe its visual acuity is based on movement. Maybe it's not all that bright. But no... not Homo sapiens. You stare at it, and it stares right back at you. And that's when it starts shooting you with this... THE GUN!" - Dr. Mongoliensis
Back to top Go down
Dv-218
Ceratosaurus
Ceratosaurus
Dv-218

PostSubject: Re: Should There Be A Female Villain?   Should There Be A Female Villain? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 13, 2018 2:34 pm

While it would certinialy be interesting, i'd prefer if JW3 will have no clear villain at all honestly.
Back to top Go down
#TRexSpinorematch
Nublar Velociraptor
Nublar Velociraptor
#TRexSpinorematch

PostSubject: Re: Should There Be A Female Villain?   Should There Be A Female Villain? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 13, 2018 3:35 pm

I am indifferent to villains being male or female. What is more important to me is that villains in the Jurassic franchise do not feel cartoony.

https://www.facebook.com/Petition-to-have-a-T-Rex-Spinosaurus-rematch-in-Jurassic-World-2-194141920665797/
Back to top Go down
JurassicJ
Embryo
Embryo
JurassicJ

PostSubject: Re: Should There Be A Female Villain?   Should There Be A Female Villain? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 13, 2018 5:14 pm

Mr. Robustus wrote:
That would be an interesting way to shake things up. Although, to be honest, I don't know if the Jurassic Park franchise can get away with introducing another human villain for the final movie. We already have two movies in a row with major human villains, having another big human villain for the third movie would be a little repetitive.

Yes - one, two too many. Another blatant villain added to Jurassic World 3 would be too predictable and repetitive.

I guess Dr. Wu in Jurassic World 3 will be as close as we will can get without adding any more. Let’s focus on the relationship between his character and Owen and Claire seeing as he may be finally killed off in the final.

Back to top Go down
JurassicJ
Embryo
Embryo
JurassicJ

PostSubject: Re: Should There Be A Female Villain?   Should There Be A Female Villain? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 13, 2018 5:14 pm

Dv-218 wrote:
While it would certinialy be interesting, i'd prefer if JW3 will have no clear villain at all honestly.

I think a lot of people would say the same.
Back to top Go down
JurassicJ
Embryo
Embryo
JurassicJ

PostSubject: Re: Should There Be A Female Villain?   Should There Be A Female Villain? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 13, 2018 5:17 pm

#TRexSpinorematch wrote:
I am indifferent to villains being male or female. What is more important to me is that villains in the Jurassic franchise do not feel cartoony.

Something we kind of got with Jurassic world and Fallen Kingdom.

And with Colin Trevorrow writing once again, I think it would be best if there were no more villains introduced!

Although if there were ever to be any more later, a female character would be different for once.
Back to top Go down
V.a.nublarensis
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
V.a.nublarensis

PostSubject: Re: Should There Be A Female Villain?   Should There Be A Female Villain? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 13, 2018 10:49 pm

Depending on what JW3's story will be, there might not be a human villain at all. I do believe that there will be a human antagonist besides Wu, so yeah, it'd be better if it's a woman. Maybe she's someone who leads a campaign to eradicate the dinosaurs from the mainland or something.
Back to top Go down
JVM
Hatchling
Hatchling
JVM

PostSubject: Re: Should There Be A Female Villain?   Should There Be A Female Villain? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 13, 2018 11:22 pm

I'm not opposed to the idea but I don't think there's much room for a new villain who isn't somehow established, such as a recast Dodgson or one of the auction guys. Still, if we do need a new villain, a female would be a good way to shake things up.

Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: Should There Be A Female Villain?   Should There Be A Female Villain? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 14, 2018 10:59 am

For the sake of a breath of change I would actually look forward to a female villain. Besides I do hope for a human villain but it can have a smaller role in comparison with the previous parts
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Should There Be A Female Villain?   Should There Be A Female Villain? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 14, 2018 12:38 pm

I have been advocating that Wu's boss be a woman who was behind everything since JW for a while. That being said, I want if to be a well written female character and not somebody who's added in for the sake of diversity. You know what they say nowadays: Get woke, go broke.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

If you're concerned about where this franchise is headed, then please join us.
Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: Should There Be A Female Villain?   Should There Be A Female Villain? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 14, 2018 1:09 pm

Dv-218 wrote:

100% this. No more rich baddies with elaborate plots. I mean clearly there will be bad people that have awful intentions for the animals but i hope it's pretty realistic.
Back to top Go down
Amadieus
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: Should There Be A Female Villain?   Should There Be A Female Villain? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 15, 2018 3:56 am

Rhedosaurus wrote:
I have been advocating that Wu's boss be a woman who was behind everything since JW for a while. That being said, I want if to be a well written female character and not somebody who's added in for the sake of diversity. You know what they say nowadays: Get woke, go broke.

I agree, it should not be done for "muh diversity!!1!"" But I would appreciate a female villain for once
Back to top Go down
owenpratt
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus
owenpratt

PostSubject: Re: Should There Be A Female Villain?   Should There Be A Female Villain? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 15, 2018 8:55 am

Isn't the Indominus Rex to be considered female villain? Razz

My Twitter: https://twitter.com/owenpratt93
Back to top Go down
Amadieus
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: Should There Be A Female Villain?   Should There Be A Female Villain? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 15, 2018 10:18 am

owenpratt wrote:
Isn't the Indominus Rex to be considered female villain? Razz

Oh yes! A very spicy lady
Back to top Go down
TheRexMan22
Veteran
Veteran
TheRexMan22

PostSubject: Re: Should There Be A Female Villain?   Should There Be A Female Villain? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 17, 2018 9:12 pm

I'm on board, Sorkin was a pretty good villain in JP:TG I think.

[color=#33ccff]
Back to top Go down
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: Should There Be A Female Villain?   Should There Be A Female Villain? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2018 12:24 pm

I would like it. I'm all in.

Former JPL member, Spinosaur4.4.

Should There Be A Female Villain? LYHX0zA
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Should There Be A Female Villain?   Should There Be A Female Villain? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Should There Be A Female Villain?
Page 1 of 1