Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

Isla Nublar 1993 Map (Version 6)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
EvoTheNerd
Embryo
Embryo
EvoTheNerd

Isla Nublar 1993 Map (Version 6) Empty
PostSubject: Isla Nublar 1993 Map (Version 6)   Isla Nublar 1993 Map (Version 6) Icon_minitimeSun Jul 28, 2019 6:20 am

This is the 6th version of my Nublar Maps based upon my satellite map (V5) but with additional topographical details such as the canyon behind Grant and the Kids stand when they approach the perimeter fence and the mountain in the background of the raptor pen scene.

Spoiler:

This map contains a slight bit of headcanon where I believe that aside from the perimeter fence, the other fences on the control room screens are generalisations of the animal paddocks and not accurate to what's actually on the ground, based on that the shape of the fence layout doesn't look realistic with straight lines and strange shapes (with the raptor paddock not even having road access) and would mean fences would cross over the top of mountains when that doesn't seem realistic either. A line from Arnold in the movie possibly supports this idea when he talks about the fact that the computers 'aren't even on their feet yet' so my headcanon is that the fence layout is simplified to preserve memory.

Most of the animal paddocks are placed based on either their control room or brochure map locations with several exceptions. I placed the first Dilophosaurus paddock that we saw in the film and a second one seen in the brochure; it is from this paddock that the Dilophosaurus that killed Nedry escaped from.

I placed the Gallimimus paddock in my location for the Kualoa Ranch set which is the location for the stampede on the JPLegacy maps and also mine since it is a straight line from the rex attack location to the visitor centre. I then placed the Gallimimus paddock in the valley since the idea of them all escaping from their location of the JPLegacy map didn't seem realistic. Since the Brachiosaurus paddock was now the Gallimimus paddock I moved them and the Parasaurs up to the Dilophosaurus paddock from the control room screens as it had a flat area, as well as being close enough for Grant and the Kids to reach before they climbed the tree (I believe that they climbed a fence on the other side of the rex paddock into the brachiosaurus paddock before they slept since in Grant's mind it would be safer to have more distance from the rex).

Since my map only has one Brachiosaur paddock then that means in my mind that Hammond had the drivers take the jeeps north into their paddock before driving south and out one of the normal gates, bypassing the Jurassic Park gate so his guests could experience it on the tour.

Thoughts?
Back to top Go down
TyrannosaurTJ
Gallimimus
Gallimimus
TyrannosaurTJ

PostSubject: Re: Isla Nublar 1993 Map (Version 6)   Isla Nublar 1993 Map (Version 6) Icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2019 6:28 pm

Nice work and I do think some of the changes you made here make a lot more sense. As to the topic regarding the Gallimimus paddock on the JPL map I put it where I did because of the computer display in the control during the fence shutdown. As it lists the shutdown of the paddocks the computer lists it as a Reserve paddock in the text at the bottom of the screen, but the side of the display lists it as a Gallimimus paddock. I took the approach that the paddocks shown on the screen were essentially showing as the power grids and not the actual placement of the fences due to the topography and the actual type of fencing in case of the herbivores.

One thing that doesn't get any mention in the film continuity is mostly how the paddocks for the herbivores were almost free-range but divided up enough to keep the herbivores from being a road hazard or the entering into the carnivore paddocks themselves. This would be with moats and smaller fences like in the novel I believe. There's a bit of a suggestion with this with that fence you see where they encounter the sick Triceratops. It's a standard wood and wire fence, obviously part of the property they were filming on. It having vines overgrown on it and still identifiable I think is indicative of the types of obstacles used to keep dinosaurs off the road and out of the visitor's hair.

Now one thing that bothers me is also the fact the way the paddocks are situated doesn't make a lot of sense with the former Raptor Paddock being in the center of the screen with no words going-in or going-out of it. I thought this meant it was part of the Phase B plan for a Jungle River Cruise and so that's why I moved with that assumption on the JPL map. Hopefully this provides some insight and offers some helpful feedback regarding the work on your map. It is definitely very awesome.

"So you walk eternally through the shadow realms, standing against evil where all others falter. May your thirst for retribution never quench, may the blood on your sword never dry, and may we never need you again." - Corrax Entry 7:17
Back to top Go down
http://www.jurassic-pedia.com/
EvoTheNerd
Embryo
Embryo
EvoTheNerd

PostSubject: Re: Isla Nublar 1993 Map (Version 6)   Isla Nublar 1993 Map (Version 6) Icon_minitimeFri Aug 02, 2019 2:50 am

Thanks! Is there anything on my map that stands out as being incorrect that I might have missed aside from my changes I talked about initially? As for the raptor paddock, I imagined it being situated at the entrance to the Galli Valley with a road planned to go north and bypass it (going from the middle tour road up to the turn at the rex paddock) which allows access to the paddock but also means staff can take a different route to get to the rex, trike and brachiosaurus paddock without using the tour roads.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Isla Nublar 1993 Map (Version 6)   Isla Nublar 1993 Map (Version 6) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Isla Nublar 1993 Map (Version 6)
Page 1 of 1