Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

Jurassic World 3 Will Celebrate Entire Jurassic Franchise, May Not Be Final Sequel

Go down 
+11
The Geeky Zoologist
CT-1138
1morey
Robotpo
dance2nite
Tyrant Lizard
TyrannosaurTJ
Mr. Robustus
Rhedosaurus
Sickle_Claw
Dead2009
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

Jurassic World 3 Will Celebrate Entire Jurassic Franchise, May Not Be Final Sequel - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World 3 Will Celebrate Entire Jurassic Franchise, May Not Be Final Sequel   Jurassic World 3 Will Celebrate Entire Jurassic Franchise, May Not Be Final Sequel - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 13, 2019 11:12 am

Dead2009 wrote:
ERIC!

Oh dear god no Shocked

Jurassic World 3 Will Celebrate Entire Jurassic Franchise, May Not Be Final Sequel - Page 2 Jpbann10
Back to top Go down
The Geeky Zoologist
Hatchling
Hatchling
The Geeky Zoologist

Jurassic World 3 Will Celebrate Entire Jurassic Franchise, May Not Be Final Sequel - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World 3 Will Celebrate Entire Jurassic Franchise, May Not Be Final Sequel   Jurassic World 3 Will Celebrate Entire Jurassic Franchise, May Not Be Final Sequel - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 13, 2019 2:25 pm

Dead2009 wrote:
While constructive criticism is always encouraged, constant negativity about anything (whether it be about this franchise or any movie franchise in general) can turn off any potental new member from wanting to talk about what they enjoy because all they see is it being trashed. That's not fun for anyone regardless of what it's about.

On a forum dedicated to films and franchises, one must be aware that he might see opinions different from his and sometimes expressed in a harsh way (by that, I don't necessarily mean insults or slurs however). Forums are a place of debate among other things, not a safe space. While everyone stays civil, I don't see the problem. Actually, debates can keep a forum active and alive.
You mention that fans of Fallen Kingdom might be scared by someone trashing the film and not participate to the forum but what about the fans of the franchise who didn't like Fallen Kingdom ?

Rhedosaurus might be negative about Fallen Kingdom and the way the franchise is currently handled but he actually brings up some good points. His posts are more than simple hate and unlike many haters that I have ecountered on reddit and other forums, he makes the effort to explain his viewpoint by adding examples and arguments while staying civil. I might not agree with him on every subject but about the aforementioned topics, I share a certain number of his opinions.

As someone who spent the last few years writing a story and putting his best efforts (while knowing it might be not perfect) in it by caring during this task about things like geographical consistency, making believable scenes and situations, world-building and characterization (everything that makes the reader/movie-goer/player believe in the story you are telling or the world in which it is set), the "It's fiction. People shouldn't take that kind of shit seriously" argument irk me. Great works of fiction have a certain thing in common : The fact that their world and characters are believable, even if they belong to genres like Science-fiction or Fantasy.
That kind of thing is why the Battlestar Galactica remake series, The Lord of the Rings, The Witcher games, the original Godzilla and many others are held in such high esteem. Why ? Because their respective creators and most if not all the people involved in their making cared.

Responding to the fans requests by expanding the franchise with new material is one thing, building a consistent universe and delivering stories of good quality is another.

#TRexSpinorematch likes this post

Back to top Go down
Robotpo
Nublar Velociraptor
Nublar Velociraptor
Robotpo

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World 3 Will Celebrate Entire Jurassic Franchise, May Not Be Final Sequel   Jurassic World 3 Will Celebrate Entire Jurassic Franchise, May Not Be Final Sequel - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 13, 2019 3:30 pm

Dead2009 wrote:
Tyrant Lizard wrote:
Getting back on topic, I do wonder if the quote about the "entire franchise" means that there will be a greater connection to TLW and JP3 in this film. So far the JW films have mostly referred back to the first film while largely ignoring the first two sequels.

ERIC!

Worse yet, Paul and Amanda. Razz
Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World 3 Will Celebrate Entire Jurassic Franchise, May Not Be Final Sequel   Jurassic World 3 Will Celebrate Entire Jurassic Franchise, May Not Be Final Sequel - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 13, 2019 3:32 pm

Again, constructive criticism is fine and debates are encouraged. Constantly being negative about everything however (and it goes far beyond the Jurassic discussions) can scare people off, and there have been plenty of people, on the forum and on social media, that have voiced their opinions on the matter. I can take this to PM with you if youd like.

Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World 3 Will Celebrate Entire Jurassic Franchise, May Not Be Final Sequel   Jurassic World 3 Will Celebrate Entire Jurassic Franchise, May Not Be Final Sequel - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 13, 2019 3:35 pm

Robotpo wrote:
Dead2009 wrote:
Tyrant Lizard wrote:
Getting back on topic, I do wonder if the quote about the "entire franchise" means that there will be a greater connection to TLW and JP3 in this film. So far the JW films have mostly referred back to the first film while largely ignoring the first two sequels.

ERIC!

Worse yet, Paul and Amanda. Razz
I hope theyre both in lmao

Back to top Go down
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World 3 Will Celebrate Entire Jurassic Franchise, May Not Be Final Sequel   Jurassic World 3 Will Celebrate Entire Jurassic Franchise, May Not Be Final Sequel - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 13, 2019 5:45 pm

I have heard some rumors kicking around that Jurassic World may be split into two films as well. While part of me thinks that splitting it into two films could be a bit of a cash grab, another part of me feels that there's just too much ground to cover for one film. I think a "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows" situation could definitely be in the cards, with one film being released in 2021 and part 2 being released in 2022.

Jurassic World 3 Will Celebrate Entire Jurassic Franchise, May Not Be Final Sequel - Page 2 Jpbann10
Back to top Go down
CT-1138
Jurassic Mainframe News Team
CT-1138

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World 3 Will Celebrate Entire Jurassic Franchise, May Not Be Final Sequel   Jurassic World 3 Will Celebrate Entire Jurassic Franchise, May Not Be Final Sequel - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 13, 2019 6:39 pm

Dead2009 wrote:
Tyrant Lizard wrote:

ERIC!
Sarah Harding??? Razz

http://abekowalski.deviantart.com/
Robotpo
Nublar Velociraptor
Nublar Velociraptor
Robotpo

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World 3 Will Celebrate Entire Jurassic Franchise, May Not Be Final Sequel   Jurassic World 3 Will Celebrate Entire Jurassic Franchise, May Not Be Final Sequel - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 13, 2019 7:00 pm

^^ Julianne Moore is an Oscar winner, they'd be lucky to have her. Cool

Tyrant Lizard wrote:
I have heard some rumors kicking around that Jurassic World may be split into two films as well. While part of me thinks that splitting it into two films could be a bit of a cash grab, another part of me feels that there's just too much ground to cover for one film. I think a "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows" situation could definitely be in the cards, with one film being released in 2021 and part 2 being released in 2022.

Personally, I'd rather have a story that takes its time over two films rather than a rushed or underbaked one in a single film. Having said that, let's wait until there's a solid source for this, SW 9 was rumored to be two movies and apparently it's just over two hours.
Back to top Go down
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World 3 Will Celebrate Entire Jurassic Franchise, May Not Be Final Sequel   Jurassic World 3 Will Celebrate Entire Jurassic Franchise, May Not Be Final Sequel - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 13, 2019 7:08 pm

Robotpo wrote:
Personally, I'd rather have a story that takes its time over two films rather than a rushed or underbaked one in a single film. Having said that, let's wait until there's a solid source for this, SW 9 was rumored to be two movies and apparently it's just over two hours.

Of course this is all just speculation, but I don't think there's any harm in it. It's just difficult for me to see the whole story wrapping up in one film. In universe, dinosaurs going global is the most significant event to have occurred thus far. With so many plot points to cover, and with the scale of these events being upped so much, wrapping it up in one film (especially if it's just 2 hours) would be kind of odd, considering how long it's taken to get here. I mean, let's face it, ever since the first novel, the idea of dinosaurs getting off the islands has been the implied climax of the whole franchise. We've been slowly working our way to this point for the last 30 years or so. It'd be weirds to just see a 'wham-bam-done' ending after all of this.

Back to top Go down
Robotpo
Nublar Velociraptor
Nublar Velociraptor
Robotpo

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World 3 Will Celebrate Entire Jurassic Franchise, May Not Be Final Sequel   Jurassic World 3 Will Celebrate Entire Jurassic Franchise, May Not Be Final Sequel - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 13, 2019 7:54 pm

Agreed, especially as (according to rumor), they'll have to make room for not just Owen, Claire, Maise, Wu and Blue but also Grant, Ellie and Malcolm (plus any other returning and new characters as well).
Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World 3 Will Celebrate Entire Jurassic Franchise, May Not Be Final Sequel   Jurassic World 3 Will Celebrate Entire Jurassic Franchise, May Not Be Final Sequel - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 13, 2019 10:22 pm

CT-1138 wrote:
Dead2009 wrote:
Tyrant Lizard wrote:

ERIC!
Sarah Harding??? Razz

How many Sarahs do you think are on this island?

Back to top Go down
CT-1138
CT-1138

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World 3 Will Celebrate Entire Jurassic Franchise, May Not Be Final Sequel   Jurassic World 3 Will Celebrate Entire Jurassic Franchise, May Not Be Final Sequel - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 13, 2019 11:21 pm

Dead2009 wrote:
CT-1138 wrote:
Dead2009 wrote:
Tyrant Lizard wrote:

ERIC!
Sarah Harding??? Razz

How many Sarahs do you think are on this island?
Jurassic World 3 Will Celebrate Entire Jurassic Franchise, May Not Be Final Sequel - Page 2 JvLePAm

http://abekowalski.deviantart.com/
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World 3 Will Celebrate Entire Jurassic Franchise, May Not Be Final Sequel   Jurassic World 3 Will Celebrate Entire Jurassic Franchise, May Not Be Final Sequel - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 14, 2019 10:34 am

I do wonder if maybe the reason Trevorrow is being coy about whether or not there will be more than one sequel is because JW3 may be split into two parts.

Back to top Go down
1morey
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus
1morey

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World 3 Will Celebrate Entire Jurassic Franchise, May Not Be Final Sequel   Jurassic World 3 Will Celebrate Entire Jurassic Franchise, May Not Be Final Sequel - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 14, 2019 3:24 pm

Tyrant Lizard wrote:

Yes, Trevorrow said JW 3, will make TLW and JP III more relevant to the franchise as a whole, rather than being episodic like they were.
Back to top Go down
TyrannosaurTJ
Gallimimus
Gallimimus
TyrannosaurTJ

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World 3 Will Celebrate Entire Jurassic Franchise, May Not Be Final Sequel   Jurassic World 3 Will Celebrate Entire Jurassic Franchise, May Not Be Final Sequel - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 14, 2019 3:56 pm

With what Trevorrow said I personally hope that means we're finally learning the ultimate fate of Isla Sorna at least. I'm personally invested in the male T. rex from TLW after all. Heh.

"So you walk eternally through the shadow realms, standing against evil where all others falter. May your thirst for retribution never quench, may the blood on your sword never dry, and may we never need you again." - Corrax Entry 7:17
Back to top Go down
http://www.jurassic-pedia.com/
Robotpo
Nublar Velociraptor
Nublar Velociraptor
Robotpo

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World 3 Will Celebrate Entire Jurassic Franchise, May Not Be Final Sequel   Jurassic World 3 Will Celebrate Entire Jurassic Franchise, May Not Be Final Sequel - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 14, 2019 4:08 pm

I'd hope for more characters from the books as well (namely Levine and Thorne), but I think that boat as sailed...could always recall it from the control room though. Razz
Back to top Go down
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World 3 Will Celebrate Entire Jurassic Franchise, May Not Be Final Sequel   Jurassic World 3 Will Celebrate Entire Jurassic Franchise, May Not Be Final Sequel - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 14, 2019 5:53 pm

Guitierrez would be a nice addition as well. One of the only characters that made it into both novels.

Back to top Go down
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World 3 Will Celebrate Entire Jurassic Franchise, May Not Be Final Sequel   Jurassic World 3 Will Celebrate Entire Jurassic Franchise, May Not Be Final Sequel - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 15, 2019 12:16 am

Tyrant Lizard wrote:
Guitierrez would be a nice addition as well. One of the only characters that made it into both novels.

I agree here...maybe bring him on as an 'expert' to help the government with the mainland dinos?

Nublar Velociraptor
Nublar Velociraptor
Robotpo

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World 3 Will Celebrate Entire Jurassic Franchise, May Not Be Final Sequel   Jurassic World 3 Will Celebrate Entire Jurassic Franchise, May Not Be Final Sequel - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 18, 2019 3:52 pm

Nobody cares about Ed Regis. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World 3 Will Celebrate Entire Jurassic Franchise, May Not Be Final Sequel   Jurassic World 3 Will Celebrate Entire Jurassic Franchise, May Not Be Final Sequel - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 10, 2019 12:50 am

Looks like I missed a lot while I was gone! Can I get a link to him saying it makes JP3 and TLW more relevant please? I’m hoping jw3 is split in two films

Also hello everyone Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World 3 Will Celebrate Entire Jurassic Franchise, May Not Be Final Sequel   Jurassic World 3 Will Celebrate Entire Jurassic Franchise, May Not Be Final Sequel - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 10, 2019 10:14 am

Tyrant Lizard wrote:

Sounds to me like they are kind of ripping off the final 2 Avengers movies in this reguard since they were menat to be as a two-parter at first.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

If you're concerned about where this franchise is headed, then please join us.
Back to top Go down
Robotpo
Nublar Velociraptor
Nublar Velociraptor
Robotpo

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World 3 Will Celebrate Entire Jurassic Franchise, May Not Be Final Sequel   Jurassic World 3 Will Celebrate Entire Jurassic Franchise, May Not Be Final Sequel - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 10, 2019 12:46 pm

Eh, "Back to the Future" 2 & 3, "The Matrix" 2 & 3, "Pirates of the Caribbean" 2 & 3, and last two "Harry Potter" films did it first.
Back to top Go down
#TRexSpinorematch
Nublar Velociraptor
Nublar Velociraptor
#TRexSpinorematch

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World 3 Will Celebrate Entire Jurassic Franchise, May Not Be Final Sequel   Jurassic World 3 Will Celebrate Entire Jurassic Franchise, May Not Be Final Sequel - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 01, 2019 9:26 pm

One of the biggest reasons I lost interest in this new "World" films is the fact that so far they have only been love letters to the original while pretending TLW and JP3 do not exist.

On top of that you add the fact that Colin is more or less only a fan of the original rather than a franchise fan and writer Dereck Connolly more or less said that he does not care that much for TLW and JP3 so....It is hard for me to believe that they are now going to genuinely honor TLW and JP3.

I love TLW and while I do have the you know what issue with JP3, at the same time I did not want it ignored like this films have done.

https://www.facebook.com/Petition-to-have-a-T-Rex-Spinosaurus-rematch-in-Jurassic-World-2-194141920665797/
Back to top Go down
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World 3 Will Celebrate Entire Jurassic Franchise, May Not Be Final Sequel   Jurassic World 3 Will Celebrate Entire Jurassic Franchise, May Not Be Final Sequel - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 02, 2019 10:50 am

#TRexSpinorematch wrote:
One of the biggest reasons I lost interest in this new "World" films is the fact that so far they have only been love letters to the original while pretending TLW and JP3 do not exist.

On top of that you add the fact that Colin is more or less only a fan of the original rather than a franchise fan and writer Dereck Connolly more or less said that he does not care that much for TLW and JP3 so....It is hard for me to believe that they are now going to genuinely honor TLW and JP3.

I love TLW and while I do have the you know what issue with JP3, at the same time I did not want it ignored like this films have done.

The fact that TLW theme was actually used in Battle at Big Rock, as well as Sorna being mentioned by name in FK kinda puts to rest the theory that the sequels are being ignored. And seeing as Colin said it would be a love letter "to the entire franchise", it stands to reason that TLW and JP3 won't be ignored this time around.

Back to top Go down
#TRexSpinorematch
Nublar Velociraptor
Nublar Velociraptor
#TRexSpinorematch

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World 3 Will Celebrate Entire Jurassic Franchise, May Not Be Final Sequel   Jurassic World 3 Will Celebrate Entire Jurassic Franchise, May Not Be Final Sequel - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 03, 2019 2:33 am

Tyrant Lizard wrote:
#TRexSpinorematch wrote:

The fact that TLW theme was actually used in Battle at Big Rock, as well as Sorna being mentioned by name in FK kinda puts to rest the theory that the sequels are being ignored. And seeing as Colin said it would be a love letter "to the entire franchise", it stands to reason that TLW and JP3 won't be ignored this time around.

Well but that is like saying "My dad is not ignoring me, he calls me once every few years, last year he called me twice". Well yeah, he does not ignore you but it is clear that he does not care all that much about having a close relationship with you. There is almost no relationship there.

Same thing with Colin, Derek, TLW and JP3. Well yeah, they have included 1 or 2 very minor references in these new "World" films, but other than that they very raerly even mention TLW or JP3 since they took over well over 6 years ago. On top of that you add the fact that they include many nods to memorable things in the first and things become very obvious. TLW and JP3 are just not that important to them.

https://www.facebook.com/Petition-to-have-a-T-Rex-Spinosaurus-rematch-in-Jurassic-World-2-194141920665797/
Back to top Go down
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World 3 Will Celebrate Entire Jurassic Franchise, May Not Be Final Sequel   Jurassic World 3 Will Celebrate Entire Jurassic Franchise, May Not Be Final Sequel - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 03, 2019 10:55 am

Obviously the first film is and was always going to be by far the most referenced of the three OG films. It's the highest grossing and most well regarded of the bunch by a wide margin.

Back to top Go down
#TRexSpinorematch
Nublar Velociraptor
Nublar Velociraptor
#TRexSpinorematch

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World 3 Will Celebrate Entire Jurassic Franchise, May Not Be Final Sequel   Jurassic World 3 Will Celebrate Entire Jurassic Franchise, May Not Be Final Sequel - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 03, 2019 8:48 pm

Tyrant Lizard wrote:
Obviously the first film is and was always going to be by far the most referenced of the three OG films. It's the highest grossing and most well regarded of the bunch by a wide margin.

Part of the reason why they only make references and nods to the original in these new films is because of that myth that only the original is held in high regard.

The Lost World was mostly well recieved from 1997 to around 2005ish. Many many hardcore fans have it as a close second to the first but sadly ever since 2006 a few high profile youtubers kept repeating that TLW was this sequel that nobody liked and thus the internet myth that nobody ever cared for the Jurassic sequels was born. Colin and Derek may have seen that and that is the main reason why they only reference the first. When actually, only JP3 was hated, the margin between JP and TLW is not as big as people say. Most hardcore and casual fans at the very least like it or remember it with nostalgia.

Back to top Go down
TyrannosaurTJ
Gallimimus
Gallimimus
TyrannosaurTJ

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World 3 Will Celebrate Entire Jurassic Franchise, May Not Be Final Sequel   Jurassic World 3 Will Celebrate Entire Jurassic Franchise, May Not Be Final Sequel - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 04, 2019 9:46 am

That's not entirely true or even accurate at all to the first hand knowledge I have. In a post TLW/pre-JP3 world (1997-2000) the community was upset with what they got for TLW because it only borrowed things from the novel and wasn't so much a direct adaptation like the first film. You can also couple that with Kelly's gymnastics scene and the San Diego sequence too. All of this was a big ball of wax of why TLW was a bad sequel to the first film and why people disliked it. It is also why Crichton did separate himself from the franchise too at that point.

TLW wasn't fully appreciated until after JP3 was released and everybody became disappointed with that. I would mention that it was still contentious because discussions devolved into comparing both films together., but it was really a case of comparing apples to oranges So this is why TLW is side-stepped along with JP3, initial reactions to both films were unfavorable. Opinions have changed in time and continue to do so.

"So you walk eternally through the shadow realms, standing against evil where all others falter. May your thirst for retribution never quench, may the blood on your sword never dry, and may we never need you again." - Corrax Entry 7:17
Back to top Go down
#TRexSpinorematch
Nublar Velociraptor
Nublar Velociraptor
#TRexSpinorematch

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World 3 Will Celebrate Entire Jurassic Franchise, May Not Be Final Sequel   Jurassic World 3 Will Celebrate Entire Jurassic Franchise, May Not Be Final Sequel - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 04, 2019 2:11 pm

TyrannosaurTJ wrote:
That's not entirely true or even accurate at all to the first hand knowledge I have. In a post TLW/pre-JP3 world (1997-2000) the community was upset with what they got for TLW because it only borrowed things from the novel and wasn't so much a direct adaptation like the first film. You can also couple that with Kelly's gymnastics scene and the San Diego sequence too. All of this was a big ball of wax of why TLW was a bad sequel to the first film and why people disliked it. It is also why Crichton did separate himself from the franchise too at that point.

TLW wasn't fully appreciated until after JP3 was released and everybody became disappointed with that. I would mention that it was still contentious because discussions devolved into comparing both films together., but it was really a case of comparing apples to oranges So this is why TLW is side-stepped along with JP3, initial reactions to both films were unfavorable. Opinions have changed in time and continue to do so.

My first hand experience was that from 1997 to around 2005 casual fans and the general public were not really saying anything bad about it at all. I know there might have been a few hardcore fans dissappointed that it did not follow the book more closely but that was most likely a minority online.

Im talking 2006 and on. (The YouTube era). Many high profile youtubers kept saying that The Lost World was more or less this huge let down and made it "cool" to say TLW was this horrible sequel. But...When you actually ask everyone why was it so terrible they usually only mention 2 things…

"The gymnastics moment"

"It has a bit less awe and wonder factor as the first"

One is just one small moment, the other is just a product of being the sequel, of course one can not have the same discovery feeling of the first since one is already familiar. Wich goes to show that what I am saying is true. TLW never was and is not anywhere near the massive letdown the internet keeps saying. Much less a "hated" movie (like The Last Jedi wich caused more than half of Star Wars fans to just straight up not consider Disney canon). After TLW most Jurassic fans were very much looking forward to another film. Those are clear signs that the general consensus for TLW is that it is a film that most people at the very least have been ok with it for the most part.

Back to top Go down
TyrannosaurTJ
Gallimimus
Gallimimus
TyrannosaurTJ

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World 3 Will Celebrate Entire Jurassic Franchise, May Not Be Final Sequel   Jurassic World 3 Will Celebrate Entire Jurassic Franchise, May Not Be Final Sequel - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 05, 2019 7:12 pm

There were only a handful of Jurassic Park sites at the time one being Dan's TLW page (which later moved to being Dan's JP3 Page after the third film was announced) and a few smaller sites at the time on GeoCities and other free hosts. Others were the official ones, but they didn't have communities mind you. Dan's TLW page did give the fandom a voice then along with the assorted number of smaller sites on free web hosting services at the time.

Most of the other pages came out in 98/99 due to the popularity/release of Trespasser, which was marketed as the digital sequel to TLW at first. So sites like InGenNET, Trespasser City, rfblasco's Trespasser site that I am blanking on the name of right now, Project Trespasser, and a few dozen other smaller AngelFire, Tripod, and Geocities sites dedicated to rumors for JP3 at the time and talking about correcting TLW's 'mistakes.' Heck I even recall someone launching a formal complaint about TLW being nothing like the novel and they were attempting to even launch a petition to go to Spielberg and Universal direct about it. Nothing ever came of it because it was basically an island out there in the sea of a billion others at the time.

Most of what people wanted was a continuation of what happened on Nublar and there was multiple pushes from the fandom to go back to it when JP3 was announced and admittedly, the fandom was teased with the prospect of it because of the release of JP and TLW on DVD in 2000. The JP3 "preview" on the discs actually zoomed in on Nublar as it progressed to show scenes of the jungle with dinosaur noises and atmospheric music. The tantalizing idea of Nublar was basically baited out there back in 2000. With the final cut of TLW truncating the boardroom scene made this seem even more likely "stuff was going down" on Nublar. Something we wouldn't get an indication of actually in-canon until the Masrani-Global site for JW and the Dinosaur Protection Group site for JWFK.

The contempt was there for TLW assuredly mostly since it didn't follow the novel is my point and many felt it wasn't a direct continuation of what happened in the first film. As such a lot of critics did echo this sentiment here and there too.

The era of YouTube with the tired old, jaded movie fan archetype like Nostalgia Critic did popularize the hate for it and people have ran with that and a lot of movies simply because hating things that are different and new is portrayed as cool and edgy (oooo...Rolling Eyes ). Some ideas work, some ideas don't. It's as simple as that.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World 3 Will Celebrate Entire Jurassic Franchise, May Not Be Final Sequel   Jurassic World 3 Will Celebrate Entire Jurassic Franchise, May Not Be Final Sequel - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Jurassic World 3 Will Celebrate Entire Jurassic Franchise, May Not Be Final Sequel
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next