Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

General Movie Discussion

Go down 
+34
Scott B
Sickle_Claw
Dead2009
Rhedosaurus
jericho
Oshronosaurus
Bbrink1996
Levine
TheRexMan22
Spinosaur4.4
Dr. Wu
Tyrant Lizard
HennexForest
DeiXnonychus
Océane
Megaspino2
Aegyptiacus3
V.a.nublarensis
Island Queen
TRK/TrexKing
tigris115
MissDNA
smaugtheterrible
dance2nite
owenpratt
TorQue
TheDreamMaster
JPMalcolmDilo
CT-1138
Mysterious Hero M
GwrChurchward
evolution_rex
Darth Spidey
BobGrill
38 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 19 ... 34  Next
AuthorMessage
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

General Movie Discussion - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   General Movie Discussion - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 21, 2016 9:04 pm

I am very excited for War for the Planet of the Apes! I love this franchise and hope the next movie is amazing! Screw the haters!

Former JPL member, Spinosaur4.4.

General Movie Discussion - Page 5 LYHX0zA
Back to top Go down
TheDreamMaster
Administrator
Administrator
TheDreamMaster

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   General Movie Discussion - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 22, 2016 2:57 pm

Spinosaur4.4 wrote:
I am very excited for War for the Planet of the Apes! I love this franchise and hope the next movie is amazing! Screw the haters!

There are haters? I mean, to be fair there is haters for every movie, but the new PotA films seem to be pretty well loved overall. I know I loved them.

"We'll use the Force."- Finn
 "That's not how the Force works!"- Han Solo
Back to top Go down
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   General Movie Discussion - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2016 6:08 pm

TheDreamMaster wrote:
Spinosaur4.4 wrote:

There are haters? I mean, to be fair there is haters for every movie, but the new PotA films seem to be pretty well loved overall. I know I loved them.

Yep there are. Incredible enough, I saw many ppl talk trash about Dawn of the Planet of the Apes and how "superficial" it was. I can't belive they watched the same movie as I did. Dawn is amazing, and I hope War is even better.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   General Movie Discussion - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2016 7:20 pm

*Grumpy sigh*

Rambo is getting a reboot...

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

If you're concerned about where this franchise is headed, then please join us.
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   General Movie Discussion - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 31, 2016 6:43 pm

Sony's in the news.

It didn't take Tom Rothman long to make things at Sony worse...

Yet, Tim Miller is going to make a live action/CGI hybrid movie of Sonic The Hedgehog.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

Back to top Go down
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   General Movie Discussion - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 03, 2016 8:53 am

Looks like War for the Planet of the Apes first trailer will come out this month. So excited! Can't wait to see more Caesar and Woody Harrelson kick ass!

Back to top Go down
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   General Movie Discussion - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 03, 2016 9:34 am

With Sony continuing to trip up on it's own shoelaces with Tom Rothman being his usual moronic, destructive self, does anyone want to take a guess as to how well or poorly The Rock's Jumanji is going to fare?

My best case scenario is that it turns out akin to Jack Black's Goosebumps movie, but on the opposite end is a repeat of the Paul Fieg Ghostbusters debacle.

General Movie Discussion - Page 5 Dinosa12
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   General Movie Discussion - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 03, 2016 10:38 am

I think it will turn out to be a respectable movie, but not quite worth the wait. Then again, it does have The Rock so he can make it worth the wait. If it does do bad, then I don't think it will be GB2016 as so much as it will be like this years ID4 sequel.

Back to top Go down
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   General Movie Discussion - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 03, 2016 11:27 am

I certainly hope it turns out good or decent, and with The Rock at the fore its box office appeal for the young crowd has bumped up dramatically. Of the four main cast members the only actor I don't get is Kevin Hart, his comedy just doesn't clock with me. If not, I still have the Robin Williams classic to love and cherish if this one doesn't work out; it's not going anywhere.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   General Movie Discussion - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 11, 2016 4:22 pm

Robert Redford will says his next two movies will be his final ones and will retire after they are released.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   General Movie Discussion - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 16, 2016 6:27 pm

Josh Trank is going to make a comeback with an Al Capone biopic with Tom Hardy. It will be named Fonzo. I think he deserves a second chance since he was basically rushed into making Fantastic 4 much too sooner then what he was really ready for. A lot of people are like that in the entertainment industry nowadays, which is sad.

Uwe Boll has retired from making movies.
Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   General Movie Discussion - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 16, 2016 7:18 pm

Nobody ever stays retired, Id be surprised if he doesnt start making movies again by the end of next year.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   General Movie Discussion - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 17, 2016 12:25 pm

Dead2009 wrote:
Nobody ever stays retired, Id be surprised if he doesnt start making movies again by the end of next year.

You may be right. With our luck, Sony will have him make the sequel to GB2016. Razz
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   General Movie Discussion - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 18, 2016 6:20 pm

Wedding Crashers 2 is going to be made.

The Stargate reboot just got cancelled, mainly due to the poor underachieving performance of the ID4 sequel.

Back to top Go down
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   General Movie Discussion - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 19, 2016 5:57 am

Since I have not seen the original Wedding Crashers, I have no strong feelings one way or the other. But I can say this; in the last five years how many belated sequels to beloved comedies have actually done well with audiences and critics?

As for the Stargate reboot cancellation, thank God. It seems that some good did manage to emerge from the failure of ID4: Resurgence; especially since the whole reboot train on the whole really needs to start slowing down, and Devlin and Emmerich were going to scrap the whole original continuity and replace it one that would have no doubt been much lamer. That isn't to say another writer/producer can't come in and revive the series without rebooting it sometime in the future, but it's very clear to me that Emmerich is not the entertainer he used to be.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   General Movie Discussion - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 19, 2016 1:51 pm

BarrytheOnyx wrote:
Since I have not seen the original Wedding Crashers, I have no strong feelings one way or the other. But I can say this; in the last five years how many belated sequels to beloved comedies have actually done well with audiences and critics?

As for the Stargate reboot cancellation, thank God. It seems that some good did manage to emerge from the failure of ID4: Resurgence; especially since the whole reboot train on the whole really needs to start slowing down, and Devlin and Emmerich were going to scrap the whole original continuity and replace it one that would have no doubt been much lamer. That isn't to say another writer/producer can't come in and revive the series without rebooting it sometime in the future, but it's very clear to me that Emmerich is not the entertainer he used to be.

Emmerich's career has been crippled ever since his notorious 1998 take on Godzilla. Yes, he still has a career, but nobody ever trusted him with a big name franchise since. Come to think of it, Paul Feig has suffered to same thing too. In total fairness, when one considers how he said no to making GB2016 the first 3 times at least he knew it might damage his career. And even if he didn't, at least he really believed in what he was doing. Emmerich never cared about the Godzilla franchise at all, except as something to make money off of, and it clearly showed.
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   General Movie Discussion - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 02, 2016 5:21 pm

There is going to be an 'Escape From New York' prequel that will be made.

Back to top Go down
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   General Movie Discussion - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2016 8:08 am

First War for the Planet of the Apes trailer drops today. So excited!! My most wanted movie for 2017!

While we don't get the trailer, here's first 3 images from the movie:

Spoiler:

Woody Harrelson's character looks so badass, and Caesar looks so furious, you can see on his face.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   General Movie Discussion - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 12, 2016 5:48 pm

The Sony mother corporation is trying to save it's failing movie division, but not in the way you think. They are considering placing it under the gaming division which is far, far, far superior in every way possible.

Back to top Go down
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   General Movie Discussion - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 12, 2016 7:07 pm

Because if there's anything that Sony's movies need to be more like, it's video games and not, you know, movies!! Right??

Seriously Sony, just sell off Columbia Pictures and Tristar (together) off to Lionsgate or some other studio, those little nuggets of intellectual properties like Spider-Man, Jumanji and Starship Troopers will probably be better serviced there. Heck you could probably get a nice chunk of cash by just selling Spidey over to Marvel and Disney.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   General Movie Discussion - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 13, 2016 12:19 pm

BarrytheOnyx wrote:
Because if there's anything that Sony's movies need to be more like, it's video games and not, you know, movies!! Right??

Seriously Sony, just sell off Columbia Pictures and Tristar (together) off to Lionsgate or some other studio, those little nuggets of intellectual properties like Spider-Man, Jumanji and Starship Troopers will probably be better serviced there. Heck you could probably get a nice chunk of cash by just selling Spidey over to Marvel and Disney.

Not only that, but did you see the new Midnight's Edge about Amy Schumer's Barbie movie. I wish I can post the link, but I'm on a demonstrator laptop so I can't do that for some reason. It's really morbidly interesting.
Back to top Go down
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   General Movie Discussion - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 13, 2016 5:56 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:

Not only that, but did you see the new Midnight's Edge about Amy Schumer's Barbie movie. I wish I can post the link, but I'm on a demonstrator laptop so I can't do that for some reason. It's really morbidly interesting.

I did see that video, and not only was it fascinating (especially the history of the Barbie doll, it's original concept and how it's evolved over the years), but some of the movie ideas suggested sounded completely insane like the Barbie/He-Man crossover that would have surely put off fans of both franchises. Only one of them sounded kinda decent (the one with Margot Robbie being circled to play the titular role), but in typical Sony fashion any potentially worthwhile film ideas were crushed under 10 tons of idiotic studio bureaucracy and mismanagement. Between Amy Pascal and Tom Rothman it's amazing how the studio isn't completely finished yet

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   General Movie Discussion - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 16, 2016 6:07 pm

Looks like Chris Pratt and Jennifer Lawrence's new movie, Passengers, has flopped.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   General Movie Discussion - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 19, 2016 6:18 pm

Lionsgate will making a live action Naruto movie.

I'm amazed that people still haven't learned that live action anime movies don't turn out well. I know that it's impossible to do worse then 'The Last Airbender', and things can only go up from there...But even so, that's not saying much. :/

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   General Movie Discussion - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 26, 2016 6:38 pm

Update on Passengers

It's made just under $30.5 million.

I knew that it did poorly, but never this bad. I heard that Chris Pratt was one of the few good things about the movie. I feel actually feel bad for him.

Back to top Go down
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   General Movie Discussion - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 26, 2016 6:43 pm

Lawrence's name-brand is really starting to go in decline, and I say let it rot! She's not as good an actress or sincere a person as people think she is!

Chris will probably bounce back as a fan-favourite with GotG Vol. 2, and he will probably be a welcome presence and solid action hero in Jurassic World 2. Apart from some butt-hurt SJWs or fickle fanboys, nobody's really gotten sick of Chris Pratt and they will probably be happy to see him in other films after Passengers.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   General Movie Discussion - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 26, 2016 7:01 pm

I'm just surprised that it did worse then the Assassin's Creed movie. I expected it to be the other way around considering how the notorious history of video game movies. (I love Super Mario Bros. since it's my favorite "It's so bad, it's good" movie, but even I can't deny that it's one of the dumbest movies, if not THE dumbest movie in the history of film.)
Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   General Movie Discussion - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 26, 2016 7:57 pm

BarrytheOnyx wrote:
Lawrence's name-brand is really starting to go in decline, and I say let it rot! She's not as good an actress or sincere a person as people think she is!

Chris will probably bounce back as a fan-favourite with GotG Vol. 2, and he will probably be a welcome presence and solid action hero in Jurassic World 2. Apart from some butt-hurt SJWs or fickle fanboys, nobody's really gotten sick of Chris Pratt and they will probably be happy to see him in other films after Passengers.

It didnt look that good to begin with.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   General Movie Discussion - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 29, 2016 6:56 am

Scarlett Johansson is the highest paid actress/actor in Hollywood of this year.

So much for the whole 'women don't get paid as much as men in Hollywood' talking point.

Back to top Go down
TheDreamMaster
Administrator
Administrator
TheDreamMaster

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   General Movie Discussion - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 29, 2016 11:51 am

Rhedosaurus wrote:
Scarlett Johansson is the highest paid actress/actor in Hollywood of this year.

So much for the whole 'women don't get paid as much as men in Hollywood' talking point.

I didn't look at the actual article, but does that relate to how much work she's done this year? I feel like she was 3 or 4 big movies this year. (And now I've IMDB'd it, and she was a voice in Jungle Book and Sing!, and then live-action roles in Hail, Caeser! , and Captain America.). She's probably the actress I see working the most consistently lately, so it makes sense.

"We'll use the Force."- Finn
 "That's not how the Force works!"- Han Solo
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   General Movie Discussion - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

General Movie Discussion
Page 5 of 34Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 19 ... 34  Next