Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

General Movie Discussion

Go down 
+34
Scott B
Sickle_Claw
Dead2009
Rhedosaurus
jericho
Oshronosaurus
Bbrink1996
Levine
TheRexMan22
Spinosaur4.4
Dr. Wu
Tyrant Lizard
HennexForest
DeiXnonychus
Océane
Megaspino2
Aegyptiacus3
V.a.nublarensis
Island Queen
TRK/TrexKing
tigris115
MissDNA
smaugtheterrible
dance2nite
owenpratt
TorQue
TheDreamMaster
JPMalcolmDilo
CT-1138
Mysterious Hero M
GwrChurchward
evolution_rex
Darth Spidey
BobGrill
38 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 19 ... 34  Next
AuthorMessage
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

General Movie Discussion - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   General Movie Discussion - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 23, 2016 3:55 pm

TheDreamMaster wrote:
I feel like that Mel Brooks article is sort of stating the obvious. Besides the fact the comedy landscape has changed, even in the context of the film using the n-word so freely in a film just won't fly today.  

Tarintino did just that in Djago Unchained. That being said, that movie was the exception to the rule since it was a hybrid of a western and a blaxploitation movie. We also have to consider the time period of which the movie was set in since political correctness simply didn't exist back then. With everything being taken into account, I highly doubt even QT can get away with something like that again.
Back to top Go down
evolution_rex
Ceratosaurus
Ceratosaurus
evolution_rex

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   General Movie Discussion - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 23, 2016 9:24 pm

BBC names top their top 25 best films of the 21st Century.

Mulholland Drive is a pretty great movie but I'm not sure it should be number one. But I'm glad to see it there somewhere, along with Inside Llewyn Davis and Eternal Sunshine of a Spotless Mind. The Tree of Life and There Will Be Blood deserve to be there too. I disagree with Holy Motors going on that list though, I didn't hate the movie but it certainly isn't anywhere near the best of the millennium so far.

http://letterboxd.com/evolution_rex/
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   General Movie Discussion - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 25, 2016 1:49 pm

Angry Birds Movie Sequel Being Planned

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   General Movie Discussion - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 25, 2016 2:10 pm

Dead2009 wrote:
Angry Birds Movie Sequel Being Planned

I don't see how that can be possible. The first, and as of now only, Angry Birds movie was a flop. At least it was here in the U.S.A.
Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   General Movie Discussion - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 25, 2016 2:12 pm

You guys throw out the word "flop" too freely lol, it made 107 million in the States alone off a budget of 73 mil. Worldwide (which is what they really look at) is 346 million.

Back to top Go down
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   General Movie Discussion - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 26, 2016 4:30 am

Yeah, Angry Birds might be many things but it isn't a flop. Razz

Meanwhile, I'm still waiting on news on the Warcraft sequel and whether or not it's been canned.

General Movie Discussion - Page 4 Dinosa12
Back to top Go down
tigris115
Hatchling
Hatchling
tigris115

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   General Movie Discussion - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 27, 2016 7:46 pm

Did anyone here see Sausage party?
Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   General Movie Discussion - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2016 1:10 pm

I havent

Duncan Jones Talks Potential Return for Warcraft Sequel, No Director’s Cut

Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   General Movie Discussion - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 01, 2016 2:25 pm

Daniel Radcliffe may be returning as Harry Potter!

Back to top Go down
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   General Movie Discussion - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 01, 2016 3:22 pm

Dead2009 wrote:

It's odd that after being burned by both studio executives and scathing critic reviews Duncan Jones would be open to doing a Warcraft sequel. Fortunately for him, the film's negative reception and weak box office takings didn't tank his career. The movie needed to gross a fair amount over $433 million in order to warrant a Director's Cut since so much of the movie was dependent on visual effects and the effects needing to look as freaking good as they were 90% of the time.

Now its true that I enjoyed Warcraft, more than I expected to, but I believe it should have been better than it was and certainly could have been had Universal allowed a longer, more fleshed out cut of the film to be shown in cinemas. Maybe some of those deleted scenes could be considered "canon" to the events of the movie. If there is to be a sequel that manages to improve on the faults of the first film, maybe it's best to keep Jones on as a creative consultant or producer. The optimist in me believes that there could still be a good Warcraft movie in the future.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   General Movie Discussion - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 01, 2016 5:34 pm

BarrytheOnyx wrote:
Dead2009 wrote:

It's odd that after being burned by both studio executives and scathing critic reviews Duncan Jones would be open to doing a Warcraft sequel. Fortunately for him, the film's negative reception and weak box office takings didn't tank his career. The movie needed to gross a fair amount over $433 million in order to warrant a Director's Cut since so much of the movie was dependent on visual effects and the effects needing to look as freaking good as they were 90% of the time.

Now its true that I enjoyed Warcraft, more than I expected to, but I believe it should have been better than it was and certainly could have been had Universal allowed a longer, more fleshed out cut of the film to be shown in cinemas. Maybe some of those deleted scenes could be considered "canon" to the events of the movie. If there is to be a sequel that manages to improve on the faults of the first film, maybe it's best to keep Jones on as a creative consultant or producer. The optimist in me believes that there could still be a good Warcraft movie in the future.

I know it did well internationally, but is a movie that bombed domestically-at least here in the United States-worth getting a sequel? "Battleship", bombed here and did well internationally too, but you don't see a sequel coming anytime soon. Not only that, but given the notorious history of video game movies, sequels are far worse then the first ones.
Back to top Go down
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   General Movie Discussion - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 01, 2016 8:02 pm

Well that's the thing, realistically I wouldn't expect there to be a sequel within the next four to five years. Legendary might push for a sequel to capitalize on the success in China and skip American cinemas altogether (hopefully not the UK ones otherwise I won't be able to review them). But again, both cases are gambles of long odds.

Meanwhile, this new release of The Rock in the Jumanji reboot is... interesting. An obvious Indiana Jones expy, but does raise my curiosity quite a bit. At least he's not playing an Alan Parrish type character.

The Rock is Dr. Bravestone in First Jumanji Concept Art

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   General Movie Discussion - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 03, 2016 2:31 pm

An independant movie, The Sea Of Trees, which stars Ken Watanabe, Matthew McConaughey, and Naomi Watts has made less then $3,000 dollars.

It costs $25 million to make. Your biggest bomb of the year so far.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

If you're concerned about where this franchise is headed, then please join us.
Back to top Go down
Mysterious Hero M
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   General Movie Discussion - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 03, 2016 5:59 pm

Warcraft was fucking huge in China. Also Legendary is now owned by a Chinese company so they got more money then usual from the Chinese release. There's articles online with more details about this. Also an indie movie bombing isn't something to celebrate. Pretty sad tbh especially with Ken Watanabe being sick recently.

Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   General Movie Discussion - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 04, 2016 12:29 pm

That may by true, but it bombed/flopped in most other places except for Russia. Also, I was never celebrating anything. I was just posting an article.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   General Movie Discussion - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 05, 2016 12:04 am

Independent movies normally never make that much money due to the amount of screens they get and how long they stay in theaters.

Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   General Movie Discussion - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 05, 2016 8:32 pm

Sony Reportedly Offered Daniel Craig $150 Million To Play Bond Again

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   General Movie Discussion - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2016 10:26 am

Dead2009 wrote:
Sony Reportedly Offered Daniel Craig $150 Million To Play Bond Again

I find it hard to believe that Sony can afford it with how bad of a year it's been. And last year was only marginally better. That being said, desperate people do desperate things so at this point, I can see Sony do something like this for the sake of getting a big movie success.
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   General Movie Discussion - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 10, 2016 12:52 pm

Lexi Alexander will direct a biopic on Chris Beniot.

The WWE won't be happy when this comes out. The fact that they've tried to do a Stalinist style history cleansing of him, and failed since the internet was just too big at the time of his triple murder-suicide. (He had one older son and daughter that were not at the house when he went insane.)

Back to top Go down
TheDreamMaster
Administrator
Administrator
TheDreamMaster

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   General Movie Discussion - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 11, 2016 5:23 am

Rhedosaurus wrote:

The WWE won't be happy when this comes out. The fact that they've tried to do a Stalinist style history cleansing of him, and failed since the internet was just too big at the time of his triple murder-suicide. (He had one older son and daughter that were not at the house when he went insane.)

Rhedo I thank you for keeping this thread alive.

As for the biopic, I just don't feel it's a good idea. I'm not a wrestling fan, so I don't really care if the WWE gets its image hurt, and I know it's like any other biopic, but it feels so dark, and still feels sad. I remember when they did the tribute before learning what happened, and the colossal screw up it was. Plus it's not entirely sure what happened, whether brain injuries or something else took a toll on his psyche, but I am also against facts presented wrong on sensationalized.

"We'll use the Force."- Finn
 "That's not how the Force works!"- Han Solo
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   General Movie Discussion - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 12, 2016 8:24 am

TheDreamMaster wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:

Rhedo I thank you for keeping this thread alive.

As for the biopic, I just don't feel it's a good idea. I'm not a wrestling fan, so I don't really care if the WWE gets its image hurt, and I know it's like any other biopic, but it feels so dark, and still feels sad. I remember when they did the tribute before learning what happened, and the colossal screw up it was. Plus it's not entirely sure what happened, whether brain injuries or something else took a toll on his psyche, but I am also against facts presented wrong on sensationalized.

No problem. Smile

As for what happened, the official autopsy results said that Benoit had massive brain damage as a result of multiple concussions via his headbutts/diving headbutts from the top of the turnbuckle. Add in all the other blows to the head the he suffered, the doctors said that his brain resembled that of an 85 year old man with Alzheimer's disease. IIRC, the most advanced stages too. Not only that, but I also read that one of the old timers said that Benoit eventually became a alcoholic. Add in the pain after his old friend Eddie Guerrero died, and he changed vert fast. A lot of people say that was final straw that pushed him over the point of no return.
Back to top Go down
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   General Movie Discussion - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 12, 2016 6:08 pm

Colin Trevorrow's Book of Henry delayed until Summer 2017

What do you guys think of this? The filming has already wrapped up on The Book of Henry and it should make for a potential Oscars contender in a September release, and now it's in a very crowded summer next year. What does that tell us? That the film is in fact a turkey (let's absolutley hope not) or will it make for some nice counter-programming like The Gift was for a summer dominated by the likes of Mission: Impossible 5, Inside Out and of course Jurassic World?

Back to top Go down
owenpratt
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus
owenpratt

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   General Movie Discussion - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2016 5:57 am

BarrytheOnyx wrote:
Colin Trevorrow's Book of Henry delayed until Summer 2017

What do you guys think of this? The filming has already wrapped up on The Book of Henry and it should make for a potential Oscars contender in a September release, and now it's in a very crowded summer next year. What does that tell us? That the film is in fact a turkey (let's absolutley hope not) or will it make for some nice counter-programming like The Gift was for a summer dominated by the likes of Mission: Impossible 5, Inside Out and of course Jurassic World?

This gives the film the chance to gross more money, but less Oscars chance, IMO.

My Twitter: https://twitter.com/owenpratt93
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   General Movie Discussion - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 07, 2016 6:49 am

Tom Rothman has now become delusional.

He actually compared his position at Sony and the progress they've made to that of where Winston Churchill was after the battle of El Alamein.

Laugh freely, people.

Back to top Go down
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   General Movie Discussion - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 07, 2016 7:52 am

Neutral

Tom Rothman's always been delusional, to the point of self-sabotage no less, but this is pushing it! Hell, look just how uncomfortable Chris and J-Law look standing next to him, those smiles are hiding the sheer terror in their eyes, that I can promise you!

Sony just wasted one of their classic intellectual properties on a lame reboot that was mismanaged from day one by Amy Pascal and marketed like the worst film ever, he (and the studio at large) hardly have a foot to stand on. They better hope The Rock is able to inject some life into the Jumanji franchise.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   General Movie Discussion - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 07, 2016 10:13 am

BarrytheOnyx wrote:
Neutral

Tom Rothman's always been delusional, to the point of self-sabotage no less, but this is pushing it! Hell, look just how uncomfortable Chris and J-Law look standing next to him, those smiles are hiding the sheer terror in their eyes, that I can promise you!

Sony just wasted one of their classic intellectual properties on a lame reboot that was mismanaged from day one by Amy Pascal and marketed like the worst film ever, he (and the studio at large) hardly have a foot to stand on. They better hope The Rock is able to inject some life into the Jumanji franchise.

I find it equally bizarre that Rothman didn't outright throw Amy Pascal under the bus when saying all this. After all, if you're going to promote yourself, then at least find a scapegoat to make yourself look good. I don't doubt that he did it behind closed doors, but self-promotion like this without making yourself look good is absurd.

Speaking of Rothman not throwing Pascal under the bus, why hasn't she been fired yet? Considering how GB2016 was her idea and how it bombed so badly, one would have thought she would have fired by now, yet she's still with Sony.
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   General Movie Discussion - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 17, 2016 5:57 pm

Shrek 5 is being written by an Austin Powers writer..

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   General Movie Discussion - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 19, 2016 7:11 am

Disney and Warner Bros. no longer have a dual-monopoly on the superhero genre.

Leonardo DiCaprio is going to produce a Captain Planet movie with Paramount.

Call me nostalgic, but I loved that show as a kid and I still do.

Back to top Go down
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   General Movie Discussion - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 19, 2016 11:18 am

I never saw a single bit of Captain Planet as a little kid, so I have no strong feelings one way or the other. But I do know that Jeff Goldblum voiced a villian on that show, which is pretty neat.

Also, this news about Shrek 5 doesn't excite me much. Shrek to me is like the Terminator franchise of DreamWorks Animation, the first two are truly great films, the third is a complete nosedive and the fourth is an attempt to salvage the franchise but still doesn't amount to much (at least that's how I view the first four Terminator and Shrek movies). Is there a chance that Shrek 5 can dodge the fate of Terminator Genysis? Perhaps, but I'm not holding my breath for it.

Back to top Go down
TRK/TrexKing
Administrator
Administrator
TRK/TrexKing

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   General Movie Discussion - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 19, 2016 4:05 pm

I'm excited for Captain Planet, I just hope that don't change the lore much, like what it looks like power rangers is doing.

I didn't even see the Shrek 5 announcement, I still haven't seen Shrek 4.

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   General Movie Discussion - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

General Movie Discussion
Page 4 of 34Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 19 ... 34  Next