Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

The Ghostbusters Thread

Go down 
+17
Hellothasaurus
Dr. Wu
Pokesaurus
Mysterious Hero M
Spinosaur4.4
Troodon_formosus
Troyal1
Agron
BarrytheOnyx
Scott B
evolution_rex
Katana
Dead2009
Sickle_Claw
Rhedosaurus
Levine
TheDreamMaster
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

The Ghostbusters Thread - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Ghostbusters Thread   The Ghostbusters Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 01, 2016 6:20 pm

The more I see of the flaming, steamrolling trainwreck that is the Ghostbusters-in-name-only reboot, the more I think Sony will have done permanent damage to themselves, everyone involved with the studio and this "movie" in particular, and their entire film-making future after the dust has settled.

The Ghostbusters Thread - Page 2 Dinosa12
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Ghostbusters Thread   The Ghostbusters Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 01, 2016 6:31 pm

BarrytheOnyx wrote:
The more I see of the flaming, steamrolling trainwreck that is the Ghostbusters-in-name-only reboot, the more I think Sony will have done permanent damage to themselves, everyone involved with the studio and this "movie" in particular, and their entire film-making future after the dust has settled.

Remember how back in JPL, I said this could be to Sony in 2016 what their notorious reboot of Godzilla was the them back in 1998? I'm going modify that and say it will be a hybrid of that and what M. Night Shyamalan's ultra notorious movie "The Last Airbender", the movie adaption of the Avatar TV show, was to Paramount: One of the worst movies to have ever been made despite being profitable and one that permanently tarnished their (comparing Shyamalan to Feig) careers.

In fairness, 2015 was a comeback year for Shyamalan via "The Visit", his show, "Wayward Pines" and how he'll be making the "Tales of the crypt keeper." Feig will be lucky to make movies for SyFi or the WE channel after this, provided anybody wants him.
Back to top Go down
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: The Ghostbusters Thread   The Ghostbusters Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 01, 2016 7:40 pm

The tactics Sony is using are really sad....

https://www.buzzfeed.com/alannabennett/cant-bring-us-down?utm_term=.unpKWYR2n#.fwBMw2zay

Buzzfeed just got paid off by them apparently too.

Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: The Ghostbusters Thread   The Ghostbusters Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 01, 2016 7:46 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:
Ivan Reitman says that generation nostalgia, NOT sexism, is the real reason for the hate of the reboot.

He also says that he respects the fans for the love of the original movie.

And here's something from Midnight's Edge.

It's sad how he's the only one who understands why people are trashing this movie.

Back to top Go down
TheDreamMaster
Administrator
Administrator
TheDreamMaster

PostSubject: Re: The Ghostbusters Thread   The Ghostbusters Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2016 3:37 pm

A new clip was posted that isn't actually that bad:

And then this image showed up, and all faith was lost again:
Spoiler:

"We'll use the Force."- Finn
 "That's not how the Force works!"- Han Solo
Back to top Go down
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: The Ghostbusters Thread   The Ghostbusters Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2016 8:20 pm

A female slimer....

also embargo is up this sunday apparently so they can't hide the reactions.

Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Ghostbusters Thread   The Ghostbusters Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2016 6:03 pm

Not only that, but the movie will also have...a ghost flasher. Worse, from what I've been reading online, that dumb dance number might still be in the movie after all.

Last edited by Rhedosaurus on Thu Jul 07, 2016 6:37 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Agron
Embryo
Embryo
Agron

PostSubject: Re: The Ghostbusters Thread   The Ghostbusters Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2016 10:19 pm

Can't wait to see how people will react when they see the
Spoiler:
. People already hate it so much.

It seems they made every single bad decision they could.
Back to top Go down
evolution_rex
Ceratosaurus
Ceratosaurus
evolution_rex

PostSubject: Re: The Ghostbusters Thread   The Ghostbusters Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2016 10:41 pm

TheDreamMaster wrote:
A new clip was posted that isn't actually that bad
Are you kidding me? I think its the worst than anything in the trailer or revealed so far. It's painfully unfunny and visually looks like an SNL sketch than a real movie. It looks really, really low budget when a movie of this type shouldn't.

Also, I don't really mind female slimer. Including slimer is pandering (pandering which doesn't make sense in the first place, because this isn't suppose to be the same canon so why is the ghost there?) in the first place anyway, so if you're gonna put him in it why not get him a female counterpart?

http://letterboxd.com/evolution_rex/
TheDreamMaster
Administrator
Administrator
TheDreamMaster

PostSubject: Re: The Ghostbusters Thread   The Ghostbusters Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 07, 2016 2:23 am

Rhedosaurus wrote:
Not only that, but the movie will also have...a ghost flasher. Not only that, but from what I've been reading online, that dumb dance number might still be in the movie after all.

I'd say there's a good chance it is. The trailers show them entering a hotel with a bunch of soldiers and cops frozen in place outside. The b-roll footage that got removed showed Hemsworth practicing for the start of the dance scene. Not to mention some of the weirder choices on the soundtrack, I assume at least one of those songs will be the dance scene song.

Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: The Ghostbusters Thread   The Ghostbusters Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 07, 2016 8:22 pm

I'm TheDreamMaster wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:
Not only that, but the movie will also have...a ghost flasher. Not only that, but from what I've been reading online, that dumb dance number might still be in the movie after all.

I'd say there's a good chance it is. The trailers show them entering a hotel with a bunch of soldiers and cops frozen in place outside. The b-roll footage that got removed showed Hemsworth practicing for the start of the dance scene. Not to mention some of the weirder choices on the soundtrack, I assume at least one of those songs will be the dance scene song.  
Can you direct me to this footage please?

The frozen in place part, and the b roll footage if anyone can find it.

Thanks

Last edited by Troyal1 on Thu Jul 07, 2016 8:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
TheDreamMaster
Administrator
Administrator
TheDreamMaster

PostSubject: Re: The Ghostbusters Thread   The Ghostbusters Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 07, 2016 8:29 pm

Troyal1 wrote:
TheDreamMaster wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:

Can you direct me to this footage please?

The b-roll footage? I'll look but it's been taken down by the studio twice.

Meanwhile....

Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: The Ghostbusters Thread   The Ghostbusters Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 07, 2016 8:34 pm

Thanks you very much man! 

And what's this I'm hearing about a ghost flasher?
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Ghostbusters Thread   The Ghostbusters Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 08, 2016 5:32 pm

Troyal1 wrote:
Thanks you very much man! 

And what's this I'm hearing about a ghost flasher?

I saw the photo of one from the head to the lower chest via the Midnight's Edge Facebook. Just believe me on this one...

In other news, the reboot had a scene that mocked those online that didn't like/want it.

And the toys are already on the clearance rack.
Back to top Go down
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: The Ghostbusters Thread   The Ghostbusters Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 08, 2016 5:41 pm

I am not surprised about the toys already being on clearance. I predicted this a long time ago.

Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Ghostbusters Thread   The Ghostbusters Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 08, 2016 5:57 pm

Sickle_Claw wrote:
I am not surprised about the toys already being on clearance. I predicted this a long time ago.

It makes you wonder how long before they show up at the dollar store and/or Ollie's.
Back to top Go down
TheDreamMaster
Administrator
Administrator
TheDreamMaster

PostSubject: Re: The Ghostbusters Thread   The Ghostbusters Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 08, 2016 6:24 pm

Target said it was an error.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Ghostbusters Thread   The Ghostbusters Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 08, 2016 6:31 pm

TheDreamMaster wrote:
Target said it was an error.

I can't help but wonder how much of their stores are doing that for real though. Even if it was a huge error, many of the stores might just continue anyways.
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Ghostbusters Thread   The Ghostbusters Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 09, 2016 1:06 pm

Here's the latest from Midnight's Edge about all the controversies about the Ghostbusters reboot.

Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: The Ghostbusters Thread   The Ghostbusters Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 09, 2016 2:38 pm

I think I might go see this just out of curiosity.
Back to top Go down
TheDreamMaster
Administrator
Administrator
TheDreamMaster

PostSubject: Re: The Ghostbusters Thread   The Ghostbusters Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 09, 2016 10:23 pm

So a YouTube channel I'm a fan of actually managed one of the first reviews of film....

Just.... I think all hope is gone.

Back to top Go down
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: The Ghostbusters Thread   The Ghostbusters Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 10, 2016 2:00 am

Yep, although the critics are trying to downplay this guy. But tomorrow the embargo is up so all hell will likely break loose.

Administrator
Administrator
TheDreamMaster

PostSubject: Re: The Ghostbusters Thread   The Ghostbusters Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 10, 2016 2:24 am

Sickle_Claw wrote:
Yep, although the critics are trying to downplay this guy. But tomorrow the embargo is up so all hell will likely break loose.

There's two more out, one very positive, one not quite negative, but not good either (basically he said the movie would be forgotten in 6 months.).

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Ghostbusters Thread   The Ghostbusters Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 10, 2016 6:31 am

Here's an update on the dance number from what I've heard/read. The actual number won't be in the movie per se, but you will see the before and after parts so it will have some influence on the movie.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

If you're concerned about where this franchise is headed, then please join us.
Back to top Go down
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: The Ghostbusters Thread   The Ghostbusters Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 10, 2016 11:23 am

TheDreamMaster wrote:
Sickle_Claw wrote:

There's two more out, one very positive, one not quite negative, but not good either (basically he said the movie would be forgotten in 6 months.).

The positive guy is a Sony plant:

http://furiousfanboys.com/2016/07/sony-may-produced-positive-ghostbusters-review-youtube/

Compsognathus
Compsognathus
Troodon_formosus

PostSubject: Re: The Ghostbusters Thread   The Ghostbusters Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 10, 2016 1:42 pm

People look at me weird because I'm not offended by the Ghostbusters reboot. I...I guess I'm not as emotionally invested in Ghostbusters as most people? I don't know, I feel like my attention is better spent obsessing over something that isn't Ghostbusters. It just isn't that important.

The Forgotten World Characters: Cessna (Pteranodon longiceps masranii ♀)
Back to top Go down
http://exploresecondearth.boards.net/
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: The Ghostbusters Thread   The Ghostbusters Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 10, 2016 2:17 pm

So...the reviews hit. And it all seems like most of them are obsessed with 'proving the haters wrong'.

Ceratosaurus
Ceratosaurus
evolution_rex

PostSubject: Re: The Ghostbusters Thread   The Ghostbusters Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 10, 2016 2:40 pm

The percentage it's at right now is is pretty low in my opinion, and the pattern I've noticed on Rotten Tomatoes is that generally get worse as more reviews come in. However, even the top critics are making this thing political, and so I have a feeling the lesser critics, the ones who have something to loose or gain by making their review political, might give it more praise and thus messing with the results.

I have no doubt it'll be successful at the box office, and that's a shame in my opinion, but I was really hoping that most critics would review it honestly (at this point I can't say I'm on the 'I hope this is good, no one wants to hope for a bad movie!' because the marketing and claims of sexism infuriate me and I really hope this does bad at least critically), and from what I've read these aren't honesty reviews but delusions and pandering. This might actually stay at around 60%, but I can't see it going higher than 70.

http://letterboxd.com/evolution_rex/
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: The Ghostbusters Thread   The Ghostbusters Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 10, 2016 3:20 pm

Sickle_Claw wrote:
So...the reviews hit. And it all seems like most of them are obsessed with 'proving the haters wrong'.

I think some review outlets might be scared. I mean, if a fan offers a genuine complaint they are immediately labeled immature and sexist by the studio and a lot of other publications. James Rolfe was attacked for saying he didn't want to see it and there was nothing bad about what he said. So I think a lot of sites are nervous to say it's flat out terrible (assuming it is).
Back to top Go down
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: The Ghostbusters Thread   The Ghostbusters Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 10, 2016 3:23 pm

Guys....the end credit scene...
https://twitter.com/Nickrob/status/752187356870955008

^That has been confirmed as true. Ugh. Not giving this movie any of my money.

PostSubject: Re: The Ghostbusters Thread   The Ghostbusters Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Ghostbusters Thread
Page 2 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next