Where Life Found a Way...est. 2016
 
HomeMainframeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 The DC Comics Thread

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
BarrytheOnyx
Spinosaurus
Spinosaurus
avatar

Posts : 736
Join date : 2016-06-17
Age : 24
Location : Stratford Upon Avon, England

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   Thu Feb 16, 2017 5:58 pm

That is most true, when it comes to the DC Cinematic Universe the vast majority of film fans want it to succeed at finding it's feet and offering healthy competition to Marvel. Two strong competing companies keeps the genre alive, but one doing well and the other not so much only reinforces Marvel's domination. And one must wonder how long Marvel will remain popular or even consistent in quality.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Rhedosaurus
Ultimasaurus
Ultimasaurus
avatar

Posts : 2192
Join date : 2016-06-08
Age : 29
Location : Armada, Michigan

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   Thu Feb 16, 2017 7:03 pm

UPDATE. Variety Film Reporter Justin Kroll says that Mel Gibson is the front runner to be the director for Suicide Squad 2.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dead2009
Moderator
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 988
Join date : 2016-06-07
Location : Maryland

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   Fri Feb 17, 2017 5:58 pm

THE BATMAN Director Search Continues As Talks Break Down With Matt Reeves

_______________
Last Movie Watched: Casey Jones (2011).
Last TV Show Watched: Mighty Morphin Power Rangers (S2:E40).
Last Video Game Played: Sonic Adventure (Gamecube).
http://bloggerofthedead.blogspot.com/​
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BarrytheOnyx
Spinosaurus
Spinosaurus
avatar

Posts : 736
Join date : 2016-06-17
Age : 24
Location : Stratford Upon Avon, England

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   Fri Feb 17, 2017 6:08 pm

It's outrageous. Five years ago, WB's The Dark Knight Rises was a respectable, albiet imperfect, end to a great trilogy of Batman films. Now they can't even get a director with a proven track record to sign on and take part in their cinematic universe! Has WB management declined so sharply that they can't even get a good talent like Matt Reeves to direct?? Ridley Scott is out of the ball-park, and Fede Alvarez might be a possibility. But everything to do with directors leaving the Batman stinks of WB meddling and they'd likely bully Alvarez off the set too! They had three years to figure this sh*t out between Man of Steel and Batman v Superman and it's astonishing that they didn't think any of this through.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Rhedosaurus
Ultimasaurus
Ultimasaurus
avatar

Posts : 2192
Join date : 2016-06-08
Age : 29
Location : Armada, Michigan

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   Fri Feb 17, 2017 6:11 pm

While Ridley Scott and Fede Alvarez are the backup plans, that still is cold comfort for WB. This movie has imploded worse then 'The Flash' movie has. At this point, even if Wonder Woman and Justice League turn out well, I wouldn't be surprised if we don't see a Batman movie.

This whole thing is like how in the animated version of The Jungle Book, how King Louie tried to save his temple from falling, but the whole thing collapsed/imploded anyway. And when King Louis, surviving without a scratch, looked up, he only saw a big brick sized piece in his hands and everything else was rubble all around him.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
BarrytheOnyx
Spinosaurus
Spinosaurus
avatar

Posts : 736
Join date : 2016-06-17
Age : 24
Location : Stratford Upon Avon, England

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   Fri Feb 17, 2017 6:18 pm

@Rhedosaurus wrote:

This whole thing is like how in the animated version of The Jungle Book, how King Louie tried to save his temple from falling, but the whole thing collapsed/imploded anyway. And when King Louis, surviving without a scratch, looked up, he only saw a big brick sized piece in his hands and everything else was rubble all around him.

An apt visual representation. If this keeps up, and Wonder Woman and Justice League under-perform or do the same divisive business as before, they will have no choice but to use the Flashpoint story to reboot the damn thing and leave it on the cooler just to start again from scratch. But whether that would happen at the pace WB would want it to is doubtful. It took 14 years for a Jurassic Park 4 to happen. Even re-casting the whole universe might be getting closer and closer to reality, despite the praise given to the best-cast members of the DCEU. The whole thing is reminding me of the Amazing Spider-Man franchise in so many ways now.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Rhedosaurus
Ultimasaurus
Ultimasaurus
avatar

Posts : 2192
Join date : 2016-06-08
Age : 29
Location : Armada, Michigan

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   Fri Feb 17, 2017 6:34 pm

@BarrytheOnyx wrote:
@Rhedosaurus wrote:

This whole thing is like how in the animated version of The Jungle Book, how King Louie tried to save his temple from falling, but the whole thing collapsed/imploded anyway. And when King Louis, surviving without a scratch, looked up, he only saw a big brick sized piece in his hands and everything else was rubble all around him.

An apt visual representation. If this keeps up, and Wonder Woman and Justice League under-perform or do the same divisive business as before, they will have no choice but to use the Flashpoint story to reboot the damn thing and leave it on the cooler just to start again from scratch. But whether that would happen at the pace WB would want it to is doubtful. It took 14 years for a Jurassic Park 4 to happen. Even re-casting the whole universe might be getting closer and closer to reality, despite the praise given to the best-cast members of the DCEU. The whole thing is reminding me of the Amazing Spider-Man franchise in so many ways now.

Personally, I'm really close comparing it to the 2015 version of Fantastic 4, but only without all of the bizarre off-screen antics from the director.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rhedosaurus
Ultimasaurus
Ultimasaurus
avatar

Posts : 2192
Join date : 2016-06-08
Age : 29
Location : Armada, Michigan

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   Sat Feb 18, 2017 12:33 pm

Andree Meadows, better known as The Black Nerd. Likes The Lego Batman Movie. He also says that WB should get rid of the DCEU in its current form and revive it as Lego series movies.


Back to top Go down
View user profile
BarrytheOnyx
Spinosaurus
Spinosaurus
avatar

Posts : 736
Join date : 2016-06-17
Age : 24
Location : Stratford Upon Avon, England

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   Sat Feb 18, 2017 12:54 pm

We're certainly getting a LOT of people saying that the DCEU should stop in its tracks right now and just focus on Lego DC movies. Of course, Warner Bros won't listen to those who say that, but a best case scenario would probably be one in which they try to have their cake and eat it too by rebooting the live action universe (if everything continues to fall apart), and run it alongside the Lego and CW-verse franchises. Makes one wish that George Miller's Justice League project actually got off the ground, all of this drama could have been avoided.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Rhedosaurus
Ultimasaurus
Ultimasaurus
avatar

Posts : 2192
Join date : 2016-06-08
Age : 29
Location : Armada, Michigan

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   Sat Feb 18, 2017 1:10 pm

This all makes both Justice League and Wonder Woman more important for WB. We all knew that JL was very important and winded up being more so after the 2 DC movies got negetive/mixed reactions. But Wonder Woman is a different story. Yes, we need a female superhero movie and the fact that Marvel didn't give us one sooner is a hit on them, but it's a hit that they shrugged off and laughed at. With Wonder Woman, its importance as a good movie in general is has been elevated to something that nobody had intended. And as I said, their is always the chance of Wonder Woman doing good, but JL underperforming. Thankfully, with Afflack as the Executive Producer, I don't think that it will be Batman vs. Superman 2.0. I'm beginning to wonder if the opposite may happen with WW underpreforming but JL actually being a good movie.

That being said, I'm starting to wonder if it's possible that the damage done to the DCEU might be too much for Justice League to be as successful as many people want it to be.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rhedosaurus
Ultimasaurus
Ultimasaurus
avatar

Posts : 2192
Join date : 2016-06-08
Age : 29
Location : Armada, Michigan

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   Sun Feb 19, 2017 7:53 am

It looks like more people are giving up all hope for the Batman movie.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rhedosaurus
Ultimasaurus
Ultimasaurus
avatar

Posts : 2192
Join date : 2016-06-08
Age : 29
Location : Armada, Michigan

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   Wed Feb 22, 2017 4:11 pm

HUGE NEWS!

The plot for the Wonder Woman movie just got leaked and here it is.



Overall, seems pretty disappointing. I hope this is wrong, but given the amount of problems the DCEU has had, I have to say that I don't think it is. I find it sad that the climax will end like will but Doomsday was barely affected by that. Then again, when one considers how he's one of the most powerful beings in the DC comicverse-he once beat the crap out of Darksied in the comics-it does make sense.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dead2009
Moderator
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 988
Join date : 2016-06-07
Location : Maryland

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   Thu Feb 23, 2017 2:33 pm

Matt Reeves is back as Batman director

https://www.comicbookmovie.com/batman/warner-bros-officially-announces-that-matt-reeves-will-direct-the-batman-a149182

_______________
Last Movie Watched: Casey Jones (2011).
Last TV Show Watched: Mighty Morphin Power Rangers (S2:E40).
Last Video Game Played: Sonic Adventure (Gamecube).
http://bloggerofthedead.blogspot.com/​
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BarrytheOnyx
Spinosaurus
Spinosaurus
avatar

Posts : 736
Join date : 2016-06-17
Age : 24
Location : Stratford Upon Avon, England

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   Thu Feb 23, 2017 2:54 pm

It's never a bad idea to secure good talent, but after all that hoopla about Matt Reeves' almost-dropout I still can't help but feel this could have been entirely avoided. And it makes one wonder, is there a legitimate sea change in WB's executive producing policies in handling the DCEU? They obviously still don't have a Kevin Feige to captain the ship, but Reeves is the first director to have had a clash with the studio and instead of beating a brave retreat has actually come back to them!
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Rhedosaurus
Ultimasaurus
Ultimasaurus
avatar

Posts : 2192
Join date : 2016-06-08
Age : 29
Location : Armada, Michigan

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   Thu Feb 23, 2017 3:04 pm

I still say that it's possible that if Justice League fails critically, then the movie will either be scrapped altogether or will get made with somebody else as Batman. At this point, we might even see this movie be the final movie in the DCEU.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dead2009
Moderator
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 988
Join date : 2016-06-07
Location : Maryland

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   Thu Feb 23, 2017 3:27 pm

The LEGO Batman Movie’s Chris McKay to Direct Nightwing Movie!
Read more at http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/818033-the-lego-batman-movies-chris-mckay-to-direct-nightwing-movie#J72J8UR0hkmzvrj5.99

_______________
Last Movie Watched: Casey Jones (2011).
Last TV Show Watched: Mighty Morphin Power Rangers (S2:E40).
Last Video Game Played: Sonic Adventure (Gamecube).
http://bloggerofthedead.blogspot.com/​
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rhedosaurus
Ultimasaurus
Ultimasaurus
avatar

Posts : 2192
Join date : 2016-06-08
Age : 29
Location : Armada, Michigan

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   Sat Feb 25, 2017 1:32 pm

Batman vs. Superman won 4 Golden Razzies. By comparison, the 2015 version of Fantastic 4 won 5 Golden Razzies. Winning 4 outright and sharing 1, worst picture, with Fifty Shades Of Grey.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BarrytheOnyx
Spinosaurus
Spinosaurus
avatar

Posts : 736
Join date : 2016-06-17
Age : 24
Location : Stratford Upon Avon, England

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   Sat Feb 25, 2017 1:41 pm

I'll say this much; I'm relieved that the Worst Picture, Worst Director and Worst Actor categories were not "won" by BvS. I didn't even know about this Hilary Clinton movie until the roster of nominees was announced. The ones I DO get include Worst Supporting Actor, and to a lesser extent Worst Screen Duo and Worst Screenplay, but will maintain that Independence Day: Resurgence should have won worst remake/ripoff/sequel since it's generally the more disliked film, but I will elaborate on that in a bit.

For some reason, I thought I remembered Fant4stic gaining more Razzie awards overall, it was certainly still a much bigger dud than BvS, with much less to praise or talk about when compared to the Snyder film. But it is times like this when the difficulty of being a DC fan, or even a fan of the DCEU who doesn't have habitual fanboyism, is greatly exacerbated. Suicide Squad was a worse film in almost every category, Independence Day: Resurgence more incompetent and utterly pointless. But the latter of those films did not arrive on a massive hype wave that was poised to sweep away the competition from Disney, nobody had high expectations for that film, that's why it didn't "win" a single Razzie it was nominated for.

At least we have The Lego Batman Movie.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Rhedosaurus
Ultimasaurus
Ultimasaurus
avatar

Posts : 2192
Join date : 2016-06-08
Age : 29
Location : Armada, Michigan

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   Sat Feb 25, 2017 2:00 pm

@BarrytheOnyx wrote:
For some reason, I thought I remembered Fant4stic gaining more Razzie awards overall, it was certainly still a much bigger dud than BvS, with much less to praise or talk about when compared to the Snyder film. But it is times like this when the difficulty of being a DC fan, or even a fan of the DCEU who doesn't have habitual fanboyism, is greatly exacerbated. Suicide Squad was a worse film in almost every category, Independence Day: Resurgence more incompetent and utterly pointless. But the latter of those films did not arrive on a massive hype wave that was poised to sweep away the competition from Disney, nobody had high expectations for that film, that's why it didn't "win" a single Razzie it was nominated for.

I think that's why GB 2016 didn't get a nod. It's because between the trailers, the leak by Stantz1984, and the fact that nobody wanted a hard reboot, a lot of people figured that this movie would suck from the first few seconds. And Fant4stic did get 1 more Razzie, but as I mentioned, it had to share it with 50 Shades Of Grey. Personally, I would have outright given it to Fant4stic, but I get why that choice was made and I'm not going to blame them. It's safe to say that BvS won its Razzies for being such a massive letdown while Fant4stic won its Razzies for being such an ugly and incoherent trainwreck.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dead2009
Moderator
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 988
Join date : 2016-06-07
Location : Maryland

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   Sat Feb 25, 2017 2:14 pm

@Rhedosaurus wrote:
Batman vs. Superman won 4 Golden Razzies. By comparison, the 2015 version of Fantastic 4 won 5 Golden Razzies. Winning 4 outright and sharing 1, worst picture, with Fifty Shades Of Grey.

The Razzies are a joke and TBH shouldnt be celebrated.

JUSTICE LEAGUE Will Feature A GREEN LANTERN Character After All If A New Rumor Is To Be Believed

_______________
Last Movie Watched: Casey Jones (2011).
Last TV Show Watched: Mighty Morphin Power Rangers (S2:E40).
Last Video Game Played: Sonic Adventure (Gamecube).
http://bloggerofthedead.blogspot.com/​
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rhedosaurus
Ultimasaurus
Ultimasaurus
avatar

Posts : 2192
Join date : 2016-06-08
Age : 29
Location : Armada, Michigan

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   Sun Feb 26, 2017 10:54 pm

Suicide Squad actually won an Oscar for Best Makeup and Hairstyling.

Well, between this and how well The Lego Batman Movie is doing $226,006,578 so far according to Box Office Mojo. this gives the DC Movie Universe some hope after all.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rhedosaurus
Ultimasaurus
Ultimasaurus
avatar

Posts : 2192
Join date : 2016-06-08
Age : 29
Location : Armada, Michigan

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   Wed Mar 01, 2017 2:49 pm

This is interesting news.

Matt Reeves has total creative control over the Batman movie.

That is odd since Zach Synder had the same thing with both his DCMU movies. Either Affleck was willing to give up a lot of his power or WB took it from him.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BarrytheOnyx
Spinosaurus
Spinosaurus
avatar

Posts : 736
Join date : 2016-06-17
Age : 24
Location : Stratford Upon Avon, England

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   Wed Mar 01, 2017 2:55 pm

Still, with a level headed director like Matt Reeves who can balance visuals and story (as opposed to Zack Snyder who really is all visuals and little story, at least left to his own devices), he's not a bad choice to give full creative control to. Maybe The Batman will be a solid outing, maybe this decision pays off in the long run and the DCEU can narrowly avoid destruction. But really, it all hinges on Wonder Woman, if Justice League is divisive at least we will know that it's part of a pattern of divisive Snyder films. Mess up Wonder Woman, and there's no coming back from that.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Rhedosaurus
Ultimasaurus
Ultimasaurus
avatar

Posts : 2192
Join date : 2016-06-08
Age : 29
Location : Armada, Michigan

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   Wed Mar 01, 2017 3:17 pm

@BarrytheOnyx wrote:
Still, with a level headed director like Matt Reeves who can balance visuals and story (as opposed to Zack Snyder who really is all visuals and little story, at least left to his own devices), he's not a bad choice to give full creative control to. Maybe The Batman will be a solid outing, maybe this decision pays off in the long run and the DCEU can narrowly avoid destruction. But really, it all hinges on Wonder Woman, if Justice League is divisive at least we will know that it's part of a pattern of divisive Snyder films. Mess up Wonder Woman, and there's no coming back from that.

Well, Affleck was named Executive Producer of JL after the whole BvS debacle. And given how he's a 'hands-on' version, I don't think it will be as divisive as people think it well be via Snyder's other 2 DC movies. I think it's still possible that JL can be a good movie and salvage the DCMU if Wonder Women underperforms. That being said, an underperformance from Wonder Woman is still a big hit to come back from.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rhedosaurus
Ultimasaurus
Ultimasaurus
avatar

Posts : 2192
Join date : 2016-06-08
Age : 29
Location : Armada, Michigan

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   Thu Mar 02, 2017 4:07 pm

Ra's al Ghul is coming to Gotham.

Ra's always spooked me out whenever he was in Batman: The Animated Series. When he was in Arkham City, those same chills came back. Yeah, they had somebody else perform his voice, but it was in a way that was creepy nonetheless. Bruce better have his A-game.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Oshronosaurus
Stegosaurus
Stegosaurus
avatar

Posts : 370
Join date : 2016-06-10

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   Thu Mar 02, 2017 4:29 pm

yeah, Ra's is one of the more fascinating DC villains in my opinion--i find myself gravitating towards him alot when trying to come up with ideas related to DC media. probably helps that he works as an evil counterpart to one of my other favorite works of fiction, Assassin's Creed
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rhedosaurus
Ultimasaurus
Ultimasaurus
avatar

Posts : 2192
Join date : 2016-06-08
Age : 29
Location : Armada, Michigan

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   Mon Mar 06, 2017 6:08 pm

Here's what the Batmobile will look like in Justice League.



The only thing that it's missing is a semi-automatic rocket launcher.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Oshronosaurus
Stegosaurus
Stegosaurus
avatar

Posts : 370
Join date : 2016-06-10

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   Mon Mar 06, 2017 6:25 pm

they're clearly taking some inspiration from the Dark Knight Trilogy and maybe Arkham Knight as well
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rhedosaurus
Ultimasaurus
Ultimasaurus
avatar

Posts : 2192
Join date : 2016-06-08
Age : 29
Location : Armada, Michigan

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   Mon Mar 06, 2017 6:42 pm

@Oshronosaurus wrote:
they're clearly taking some inspiration from the Dark Knight Trilogy and maybe Arkham Knight as well

Indeed. I actually like the design of this version of the Batmobile. But I honestly miss the ones from the Tim Burton movies and from the 90's animated cartoon series. Those versions had nice sleek lines that made it look fast and deadly looking. Which is odd because when it comes to armored vehicles/mechs, I put armor/durability first, firepower at a very close second, and speed last. I guess I'm just the nostalgic type. Razz

I'd just like to see a Batmobile that combines the durability and firepower of the latest versions with the sleek designs of the Burton/cartoon show types.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dead2009
Moderator
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 988
Join date : 2016-06-07
Location : Maryland

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   Tue Mar 07, 2017 6:23 pm

DC Films Reportedly Open To Making An R-Rated Superhero Movie Following LOGAN And DEADPOOL Success

_______________
Last Movie Watched: Casey Jones (2011).
Last TV Show Watched: Mighty Morphin Power Rangers (S2:E40).
Last Video Game Played: Sonic Adventure (Gamecube).
http://bloggerofthedead.blogspot.com/​
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rhedosaurus
Ultimasaurus
Ultimasaurus
avatar

Posts : 2192
Join date : 2016-06-08
Age : 29
Location : Armada, Michigan

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   Tue Mar 07, 2017 6:41 pm

@Dead2009 wrote:
DC Films Reportedly Open To Making An R-Rated Superhero Movie Following LOGAN And DEADPOOL Success

I can see this happening, but with that being said. I can't help but wonder if this is a desperation play by WB. Not only that, but other then Batman, it's going to be tough to find a DC superhero that can get away with a R-rated movie. With Logan and Deadpool, they both had violent pasts, rugged lives, and where brutal tough guys with equally tough personalities. It's going to be hard for DC to find somebody with those qualities.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Oshronosaurus
Stegosaurus
Stegosaurus
avatar

Posts : 370
Join date : 2016-06-10

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   Tue Mar 07, 2017 10:22 pm

actually, Aquaman could work if they implement elements of the DCAU version where he not only cuts off his own hand to save himself and his son but also essentially murders his brother (of course, a potential problem with that is that the DCAU's Aquaman is apparently more similar to Marvel's Namor). it could ultimately depend on how successful the Justice League movie is and what kind of reception Momoa's Aquaman gets. Aquaman has alot more potential for being an R-rated superhero than you might think if they delve into his secondary powers where, just because he's able to function like a normal human and swims dozens of miles per hour at the bottom of the ocean (e.g., under higher pressure than any normal human could survive) he'd have to have superstrength which could be demonstrated out of water (maybe he punches someone so hard that it twists their head all he way around on-screen, for example) and, furthermore, one interpretation of his talk-to-fish powers from the comics where he got his opponent monologing for a few minutes while he telepathically examined the guy's brain searching for which part of it is most similar to a fish and used it to give the guy a seizure based on the logic that all life on Earth ultimately comes from the sea

after all, iirc Aquaman doesn't explicitly have a no-killing rule like Batman and Superman do...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rhedosaurus
Ultimasaurus
Ultimasaurus
avatar

Posts : 2192
Join date : 2016-06-08
Age : 29
Location : Armada, Michigan

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   Thu Mar 09, 2017 4:01 pm

Future movies in the DCMU to have a lot of flashbacks and fast-fowards.

I'm not against origin movies, but to have so many in one universe doesn't sound like a good idea. Even more considering how the last 3 DCMU movies have been.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BarrytheOnyx
Spinosaurus
Spinosaurus
avatar

Posts : 736
Join date : 2016-06-17
Age : 24
Location : Stratford Upon Avon, England

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   Thu Mar 09, 2017 4:18 pm

Even if this all goes pants-up, and they have no choice but to reboot it, we probably aren't going to get those origin stories anyway. Actually, what I hope someone at WB looks into is using the origin story in the opening credits of the film, like with The Incredible Hulk.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Rhedosaurus
Ultimasaurus
Ultimasaurus
avatar

Posts : 2192
Join date : 2016-06-08
Age : 29
Location : Armada, Michigan

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   Thu Mar 09, 2017 6:45 pm

BIG NEWS!

Someone on 4Chan leaked major details about the DCMU.

Here are the details.

- The budget for Wonder Woman is 125 million. The studio is very pleased with how the film turned out and early discussions for a potential sequel have been discussed.

- The Justice League trailer will debut in April and will be attached to Fate of the Furious. The plan is also to release a scene from Justice League in front of King Arthur similar to how the Dark Knight trilogy marketed their films.

- Dr. Stephen Shin will appear in Aquaman. The studio is currently searching for actors for the role.

- Brainiac will be the main villain for Man of Steel 2. The story was written by Geoff Johns and Zack Snyder. The plan is to place the film on the November 1st, 2019 release date.

- Although Doug Liman is attached to direct Justice League Dark, the film is not considered a priority.

- Gotham City Sirens is being targeted for February 2019.

- The Flash film has been pushed back to 2020.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rhedosaurus
Ultimasaurus
Ultimasaurus
avatar

Posts : 2192
Join date : 2016-06-08
Age : 29
Location : Armada, Michigan

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   Sat Mar 11, 2017 8:41 pm

Here's the new Wonder Woman trailer.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dead2009
Moderator
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 988
Join date : 2016-06-07
Location : Maryland

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   Mon Mar 13, 2017 3:18 pm

KINGSMAN: THE SECRET SERVICE Director Matthew Vaughn Reportedly Eyed To Helm MAN OF STEEL Sequel

_______________
Last Movie Watched: Casey Jones (2011).
Last TV Show Watched: Mighty Morphin Power Rangers (S2:E40).
Last Video Game Played: Sonic Adventure (Gamecube).
http://bloggerofthedead.blogspot.com/​
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rhedosaurus
Ultimasaurus
Ultimasaurus
avatar

Posts : 2192
Join date : 2016-06-08
Age : 29
Location : Armada, Michigan

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   Mon Mar 13, 2017 3:57 pm

@Dead2009 wrote:
KINGSMAN: THE SECRET SERVICE Director Matthew Vaughn Reportedly Eyed To Helm MAN OF STEEL Sequel

When one takes into account of how he may have been the guy who directed all the reshoots for Fant4stic, I'm surprised WB is actually considering him.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BarrytheOnyx
Spinosaurus
Spinosaurus
avatar

Posts : 736
Join date : 2016-06-17
Age : 24
Location : Stratford Upon Avon, England

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   Mon Mar 13, 2017 4:42 pm

Seriously? You're gonna hold Fant4stic against him? Never mind the rousing success of Kingsman: The Secret Service and X-Men: First Class? Besides, a good chunk of that film's mess began with Josh Trank, and Vaughn probably knew there was no salvaging it period, being born out of such a toxic creative environment and as a means to retain the franchise's rights, so why waste the effort?

And putting that aside, the fact is he has worked on critically acclaimed films for Fox, and has a rep built up that a studio executive would be wise not to meddle with. I think if there's a genre director who can balance character and good storytelling with a strong visual appeal and engaging action (as well as experience in the superhero genre), it's Vaughn. But then again, we'll see if he sticks around long.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Rhedosaurus
Ultimasaurus
Ultimasaurus
avatar

Posts : 2192
Join date : 2016-06-08
Age : 29
Location : Armada, Michigan

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   Mon Mar 13, 2017 4:51 pm

@BarrytheOnyx wrote:
Seriously?? You're gonna hold Fant4stic against him? Never mind the rousing success of Kingsman: The Secret Service and X-Men: First Class? I think if there's an action director who can balance character and good storytelling with a strong visual appeal and engaging action (as well as experience in the superhero genre), it's Vaughn.

I just think that he's still a bit too tainted right now. Was it all his fault? No. Everybody, except the actors/actresses, were to blame. That and we're not even sure if the DCMU might survive past this year. Besides, MOS made Superman so...unlike the hero we all know him as, I'm not sure if it's possible to undo all the darkness that Snyder injected into him. Unless you kill off somebody that's dear to him, then it's very hard to make Superman go dark and have it work.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BarrytheOnyx
Spinosaurus
Spinosaurus
avatar

Posts : 736
Join date : 2016-06-17
Age : 24
Location : Stratford Upon Avon, England

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   Mon Mar 13, 2017 5:12 pm

@Rhedosaurus wrote:
@BarrytheOnyx wrote:
Seriously?? You're gonna hold Fant4stic against him? Never mind the rousing success of Kingsman: The Secret Service and X-Men: First Class? I think if there's an action director who can balance character and good storytelling with a strong visual appeal and engaging action (as well as experience in the superhero genre), it's Vaughn.

I just think that he's still a bit too tainted right now. Was it all his fault? No. Everybody, except the actors/actresses, were to blame. That and we're not even sure if the DCMU might survive past this year. Besides, MOS made Superman so...unlike the hero we all know him as, I'm not sure if it's possible to undo all the darkness that Snyder injected into him. Unless you kill off somebody that's dear to him, then it's very hard to make Superman go dark and have it work.

With him being dead thanks to Doomsday, it would be extremely short-sighted and dangerous to have him fall back into his old, brooding self, and undo any attempt at establishing that this is a changed Supes, one that has gone through death and come back to life. Strange as that may sound, but killing Superman could be a gateway to seeing the Superman that many would argue we should have been seeing right from the get-go.

Mind you that's provided that Snyder is no longer involved as a director or story ideas guy for the character, and they don't pull that Injustice: Gods Among us sh*t that we saw in the "Knightmare" sequence in BvS, which is my biggest fear for the direction they take Superman, at which point the reboot button is the only option I would accept.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Rhedosaurus
Ultimasaurus
Ultimasaurus
avatar

Posts : 2192
Join date : 2016-06-08
Age : 29
Location : Armada, Michigan

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   Mon Mar 13, 2017 5:25 pm

@BarrytheOnyx wrote:
@Rhedosaurus wrote:
@BarrytheOnyx wrote:
Seriously?? You're gonna hold Fant4stic against him? Never mind the rousing success of Kingsman: The Secret Service and X-Men: First Class? I think if there's an action director who can balance character and good storytelling with a strong visual appeal and engaging action (as well as experience in the superhero genre), it's Vaughn.

I just think that he's still a bit too tainted right now. Was it all his fault? No. Everybody, except the actors/actresses, were to blame. That and we're not even sure if the DCMU might survive past this year. Besides, MOS made Superman so...unlike the hero we all know him as, I'm not sure if it's possible to undo all the darkness that Snyder injected into him. Unless you kill off somebody that's dear to him, then it's very hard to make Superman go dark and have it work.

With him being dead thanks to Doomsday, it would be extremely short-sighted and dangerous to have him fall back into his old, brooding self, and undo any attempt at establishing that this is a changed Supes, one that has gone through death and come back to life. Strange as that may sound, but killing Superman could be a gateway to seeing the Superman that many would argue we should have been seeing right from the get-go.

Mind you that's provided that Snyder is no longer involved as a director or story ideas guy for the character, and they don't pull that Injustice: Gods Among us sh*t that we saw in the "Knightmare" sequence in BvS, which is my biggest fear for the direction they take Superman, at which point the reboot button is the only option I would accept.

Snyder will leave after Justice League. After WB took away his power by making Affleck the Executive Producer, Synder was basically a puppet and probably wanted out because of that, provided he didn't get a 'delayed firing'. I'm hoping that you're right and that Superman, and the DCMU as a whole, can turn it all around. But I have a lot of doubts.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rhedosaurus
Ultimasaurus
Ultimasaurus
avatar

Posts : 2192
Join date : 2016-06-08
Age : 29
Location : Armada, Michigan

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   Tue Mar 14, 2017 4:51 pm

More big DCMU leaks.



This one's about the design of Steppenwolf, Darkseid's uncle, in Justice League.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dead2009
Moderator
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 988
Join date : 2016-06-07
Location : Maryland

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   Wed Mar 15, 2017 12:39 pm

The Batman Release Date and Filming Likely Pushed Back
Read more at http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/825955-the-batman-release-date-and-filming-likely-pushed-back#rfBjez6rQOM7QpZl.99

annnnd this

THE BATMAN Is Now Being Rewritten From Scratch; Will Deathstroke Be Dropped?

_______________
Last Movie Watched: Casey Jones (2011).
Last TV Show Watched: Mighty Morphin Power Rangers (S2:E40).
Last Video Game Played: Sonic Adventure (Gamecube).
http://bloggerofthedead.blogspot.com/​
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rhedosaurus
Ultimasaurus
Ultimasaurus
avatar

Posts : 2192
Join date : 2016-06-08
Age : 29
Location : Armada, Michigan

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   Wed Mar 15, 2017 3:58 pm

@Dead2009 wrote:
The Batman Release Date and Filming Likely Pushed Back
Read more at http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/825955-the-batman-release-date-and-filming-likely-pushed-back#rfBjez6rQOM7QpZl.99

annnnd this

THE BATMAN Is Now Being Rewritten From Scratch; Will Deathstroke Be Dropped?

Just when I had hope for 'The Batman' THIS HAPPENS! With every leak and every 'official' news source my hope plummets for the DCMU every time. I still have hope that the next two movie can save it, but boy, the have more on their shoulders then I ever thought that they needed to carry.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   

Back to top Go down
 
The DC Comics Thread
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 5 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Similar topics
-
» The Flat/Satin Black Thread
» Comics fair use policy?
» Sales figures for UK comics
» Campfire Comics
» A Miyu Thread

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Jurassic Mainframe Boards :: Innovation Center :: Off-Topic Discussions-
Jump to: