Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

The DC Comics Thread

Go down 
+19
Scott B
jericho
TRK/TrexKing
Troyal1
Rhedosaurus
Oshronosaurus
Sickle_Claw
Dead2009
TyrantGojira
BarrytheOnyx
CarcharThroTheLookinGlas
HennexForest
Megaspino2
CT-1138
evolution_rex
Mysterious Hero M
Baryonyx111
Lost
TheDreamMaster
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 14 ... 22  Next
AuthorMessage
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

The DC Comics Thread - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2017 6:58 pm

That is most true, when it comes to the DC Cinematic Universe the vast majority of film fans want it to succeed at finding it's feet and offering healthy competition to Marvel. Two strong competing companies keeps the genre alive, but one doing well and the other not so much only reinforces Marvel's domination. And one must wonder how long Marvel will remain popular or even consistent in quality.

The DC Comics Thread - Page 7 Dinosa12
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2017 8:03 pm

UPDATE. Variety Film Reporter Justin Kroll says that Mel Gibson is the front runner to be the director for Suicide Squad 2.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

If you're concerned about where this franchise is headed, then please join us.
Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 17, 2017 6:58 pm

THE BATMAN Director Search Continues As Talks Break Down With Matt Reeves

Back to top Go down
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 17, 2017 7:08 pm

It's outrageous. Five years ago, WB's The Dark Knight Rises was a respectable, albiet imperfect, end to a great trilogy of Batman films. Now they can't even get a director with a proven track record to sign on and take part in their cinematic universe! Has WB management declined so sharply that they can't even get a good talent like Matt Reeves to direct?? Ridley Scott is out of the ball-park, and Fede Alvarez might be a possibility. But everything to do with directors leaving the Batman stinks of WB meddling and they'd likely bully Alvarez off the set too! They had three years to figure this sh*t out between Man of Steel and Batman v Superman and it's astonishing that they didn't think any of this through.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 17, 2017 7:11 pm

While Ridley Scott and Fede Alvarez are the backup plans, that still is cold comfort for WB. This movie has imploded worse then 'The Flash' movie has. At this point, even if Wonder Woman and Justice League turn out well, I wouldn't be surprised if we don't see a Batman movie.

This whole thing is like how in the animated version of The Jungle Book, how King Louie tried to save his temple from falling, but the whole thing collapsed/imploded anyway. And when King Louis, surviving without a scratch, looked up, he only saw a big brick sized piece in his hands and everything else was rubble all around him.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

Back to top Go down
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 17, 2017 7:18 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:

This whole thing is like how in the animated version of The Jungle Book, how King Louie tried to save his temple from falling, but the whole thing collapsed/imploded anyway. And when King Louis, surviving without a scratch, looked up, he only saw a big brick sized piece in his hands and everything else was rubble all around him.

An apt visual representation. If this keeps up, and Wonder Woman and Justice League under-perform or do the same divisive business as before, they will have no choice but to use the Flashpoint story to reboot the damn thing and leave it on the cooler just to start again from scratch. But whether that would happen at the pace WB would want it to is doubtful. It took 14 years for a Jurassic Park 4 to happen. Even re-casting the whole universe might be getting closer and closer to reality, despite the praise given to the best-cast members of the DCEU. The whole thing is reminding me of the Amazing Spider-Man franchise in so many ways now.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 17, 2017 7:34 pm

BarrytheOnyx wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:

An apt visual representation. If this keeps up, and Wonder Woman and Justice League under-perform or do the same divisive business as before, they will have no choice but to use the Flashpoint story to reboot the damn thing and leave it on the cooler just to start again from scratch. But whether that would happen at the pace WB would want it to is doubtful. It took 14 years for a Jurassic Park 4 to happen. Even re-casting the whole universe might be getting closer and closer to reality, despite the praise given to the best-cast members of the DCEU. The whole thing is reminding me of the Amazing Spider-Man franchise in so many ways now.

Personally, I'm really close comparing it to the 2015 version of Fantastic 4, but only without all of the bizarre off-screen antics from the director.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 18, 2017 1:33 pm

Andree Meadows, better known as The Black Nerd. Likes The Lego Batman Movie. He also says that WB should get rid of the DCEU in its current form and revive it as Lego series movies.

Back to top Go down
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 18, 2017 1:54 pm

We're certainly getting a LOT of people saying that the DCEU should stop in its tracks right now and just focus on Lego DC movies. Of course, Warner Bros won't listen to those who say that, but a best case scenario would probably be one in which they try to have their cake and eat it too by rebooting the live action universe (if everything continues to fall apart), and run it alongside the Lego and CW-verse franchises. Makes one wish that George Miller's Justice League project actually got off the ground, all of this drama could have been avoided.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 18, 2017 2:10 pm

This all makes both Justice League and Wonder Woman more important for WB. We all knew that JL was very important and winded up being more so after the 2 DC movies got negetive/mixed reactions. But Wonder Woman is a different story. Yes, we need a female superhero movie and the fact that Marvel didn't give us one sooner is a hit on them, but it's a hit that they shrugged off and laughed at. With Wonder Woman, its importance as a good movie in general is has been elevated to something that nobody had intended. And as I said, their is always the chance of Wonder Woman doing good, but JL underperforming. Thankfully, with Afflack as the Executive Producer, I don't think that it will be Batman vs. Superman 2.0. I'm beginning to wonder if the opposite may happen with WW underpreforming but JL actually being a good movie.

That being said, I'm starting to wonder if it's possible that the damage done to the DCEU might be too much for Justice League to be as successful as many people want it to be.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2017 8:53 am

It looks like more people are giving up all hope for the Batman movie.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2017 5:11 pm

HUGE NEWS!

The plot for the Wonder Woman movie just got leaked and here it is.

Overall, seems pretty disappointing. I hope this is wrong, but given the amount of problems the DCEU has had, I have to say that I don't think it is. I find it sad that the climax will end like will but Doomsday was barely affected by that. Then again, when one considers how he's one of the most powerful beings in the DC comicverse-he once beat the crap out of Darksied in the comics-it does make sense.

Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2017 3:33 pm

Matt Reeves is back as Batman director

https://www.comicbookmovie.com/batman/warner-bros-officially-announces-that-matt-reeves-will-direct-the-batman-a149182

Back to top Go down
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2017 3:54 pm

It's never a bad idea to secure good talent, but after all that hoopla about Matt Reeves' almost-dropout I still can't help but feel this could have been entirely avoided. And it makes one wonder, is there a legitimate sea change in WB's executive producing policies in handling the DCEU? They obviously still don't have a Kevin Feige to captain the ship, but Reeves is the first director to have had a clash with the studio and instead of beating a brave retreat has actually come back to them!

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2017 4:04 pm

I still say that it's possible that if Justice League fails critically, then the movie will either be scrapped altogether or will get made with somebody else as Batman. At this point, we might even see this movie be the final movie in the DCEU.

Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2017 4:27 pm

The LEGO Batman Movie’s Chris McKay to Direct Nightwing Movie!
Read more at http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/818033-the-lego-batman-movies-chris-mckay-to-direct-nightwing-movie#J72J8UR0hkmzvrj5.99

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 25, 2017 2:32 pm

Batman vs. Superman won 4 Golden Razzies. By comparison, the 2015 version of Fantastic 4 won 5 Golden Razzies. Winning 4 outright and sharing 1, worst picture, with Fifty Shades Of Grey.

Back to top Go down
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 25, 2017 2:41 pm

I'll say this much; I'm relieved that the Worst Picture, Worst Director and Worst Actor categories were not "won" by BvS. I didn't even know about this Hilary Clinton movie until the roster of nominees was announced. The ones I DO get include Worst Supporting Actor, and to a lesser extent Worst Screen Duo and Worst Screenplay, but will maintain that Independence Day: Resurgence should have won worst remake/ripoff/sequel since it's generally the more disliked film, but I will elaborate on that in a bit.

For some reason, I thought I remembered Fant4stic gaining more Razzie awards overall, it was certainly still a much bigger dud than BvS, with much less to praise or talk about when compared to the Snyder film. But it is times like this when the difficulty of being a DC fan, or even a fan of the DCEU who doesn't have habitual fanboyism, is greatly exacerbated. Suicide Squad was a worse film in almost every category, Independence Day: Resurgence more incompetent and utterly pointless. But the latter of those films did not arrive on a massive hype wave that was poised to sweep away the competition from Disney, nobody had high expectations for that film, that's why it didn't "win" a single Razzie it was nominated for.

At least we have The Lego Batman Movie.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 25, 2017 3:00 pm

BarrytheOnyx wrote:
For some reason, I thought I remembered Fant4stic gaining more Razzie awards overall, it was certainly still a much bigger dud than BvS, with much less to praise or talk about when compared to the Snyder film. But it is times like this when the difficulty of being a DC fan, or even a fan of the DCEU who doesn't have habitual fanboyism, is greatly exacerbated. Suicide Squad was a worse film in almost every category, Independence Day: Resurgence more incompetent and utterly pointless. But the latter of those films did not arrive on a massive hype wave that was poised to sweep away the competition from Disney, nobody had high expectations for that film, that's why it didn't "win" a single Razzie it was nominated for.

I think that's why GB 2016 didn't get a nod. It's because between the trailers, the leak by Stantz1984, and the fact that nobody wanted a hard reboot, a lot of people figured that this movie would suck from the first few seconds. And Fant4stic did get 1 more Razzie, but as I mentioned, it had to share it with 50 Shades Of Grey. Personally, I would have outright given it to Fant4stic, but I get why that choice was made and I'm not going to blame them. It's safe to say that BvS won its Razzies for being such a massive letdown while Fant4stic won its Razzies for being such an ugly and incoherent trainwreck.

Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 25, 2017 3:14 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:
Batman vs. Superman won 4 Golden Razzies. By comparison, the 2015 version of Fantastic 4 won 5 Golden Razzies. Winning 4 outright and sharing 1, worst picture, with Fifty Shades Of Grey.

The Razzies are a joke and TBH shouldnt be celebrated.

JUSTICE LEAGUE Will Feature A GREEN LANTERN Character After All If A New Rumor Is To Be Believed

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 26, 2017 11:54 pm

Suicide Squad actually won an Oscar for Best Makeup and Hairstyling.

Well, between this and how well The Lego Batman Movie is doing $226,006,578 so far according to Box Office Mojo. this gives the DC Movie Universe some hope after all.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 01, 2017 3:49 pm

This is interesting news.

Matt Reeves has total creative control over the Batman movie.

That is odd since Zach Synder had the same thing with both his DCMU movies. Either Affleck was willing to give up a lot of his power or WB took it from him.

Back to top Go down
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 01, 2017 3:55 pm

Still, with a level headed director like Matt Reeves who can balance visuals and story (as opposed to Zack Snyder who really is all visuals and little story, at least left to his own devices), he's not a bad choice to give full creative control to. Maybe The Batman will be a solid outing, maybe this decision pays off in the long run and the DCEU can narrowly avoid destruction. But really, it all hinges on Wonder Woman, if Justice League is divisive at least we will know that it's part of a pattern of divisive Snyder films. Mess up Wonder Woman, and there's no coming back from that.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 01, 2017 4:17 pm

BarrytheOnyx wrote:
Still, with a level headed director like Matt Reeves who can balance visuals and story (as opposed to Zack Snyder who really is all visuals and little story, at least left to his own devices), he's not a bad choice to give full creative control to. Maybe The Batman will be a solid outing, maybe this decision pays off in the long run and the DCEU can narrowly avoid destruction. But really, it all hinges on Wonder Woman, if Justice League is divisive at least we will know that it's part of a pattern of divisive Snyder films. Mess up Wonder Woman, and there's no coming back from that.

Well, Affleck was named Executive Producer of JL after the whole BvS debacle. And given how he's a 'hands-on' version, I don't think it will be as divisive as people think it well be via Snyder's other 2 DC movies. I think it's still possible that JL can be a good movie and salvage the DCMU if Wonder Women underperforms. That being said, an underperformance from Wonder Woman is still a big hit to come back from.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 02, 2017 5:07 pm

Ra's al Ghul is coming to Gotham.

Ra's always spooked me out whenever he was in Batman: The Animated Series. When he was in Arkham City, those same chills came back. Yeah, they had somebody else perform his voice, but it was in a way that was creepy nonetheless. Bruce better have his A-game.

Back to top Go down
Oshronosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Oshronosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 02, 2017 5:29 pm

yeah, Ra's is one of the more fascinating DC villains in my opinion--i find myself gravitating towards him alot when trying to come up with ideas related to DC media. probably helps that he works as an evil counterpart to one of my other favorite works of fiction, Assassin's Creed

Join the Brethren!
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 06, 2017 7:08 pm

Here's what the Batmobile will look like in Justice League.

The DC Comics Thread - Page 7 17155813_1843786425904774_6607679110635769345_n

The only thing that it's missing is a semi-automatic rocket launcher.

Back to top Go down
Oshronosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Oshronosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 06, 2017 7:25 pm

they're clearly taking some inspiration from the Dark Knight Trilogy and maybe Arkham Knight as well

Join the Brethren!
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 06, 2017 7:42 pm

Oshronosaurus wrote:
they're clearly taking some inspiration from the Dark Knight Trilogy and maybe Arkham Knight as well

Indeed. I actually like the design of this version of the Batmobile. But I honestly miss the ones from the Tim Burton movies and from the 90's animated cartoon series. Those versions had nice sleek lines that made it look fast and deadly looking. Which is odd because when it comes to armored vehicles/mechs, I put armor/durability first, firepower at a very close second, and speed last. I guess I'm just the nostalgic type. Razz

I'd just like to see a Batmobile that combines the durability and firepower of the latest versions with the sleek designs of the Burton/cartoon show types.

Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 07, 2017 7:23 pm

DC Films Reportedly Open To Making An R-Rated Superhero Movie Following LOGAN And DEADPOOL Success

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 7 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The DC Comics Thread
Page 7 of 22Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 14 ... 22  Next