Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

The Star Wars thread

Go down 
+45
The Malone Society
Quetzalcoatlus
Oviraptor
BoulderFaceplant
TyrannoFan
Raptor_Guard999
Robotpo
jericho
K_Ozz92
Six-Foot Turkey
Herrerasaurus
TRK/TrexKing
Troyal1
Bbrink1996
dance2nite
BarrytheOnyx
Rhedosaurus
CT-1138
TheDreamMaster
Levine
1morey
Oshronosaurus
TheRexMan22
T-rex-king
SmugTheFab
V.a.nublarensis
Nedryland
smaugtheterrible
Océane
HennexForest
Baryonyx111
Dr. Wu
GwrChurchward
DoYouKnowTheMuffinMan?
Velociraptor Rex
Sickle_Claw
owenpratt
Raptor Blue
CloneTrooper101
evolution_rex
Mysterious Hero M
MissDNA
Scott B
Darth Spidey
Dead2009
49 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16 ... 31  Next
AuthorMessage
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

The Star Wars thread - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 30, 2016 11:50 am

The HAN SOLO Screenplay Has Been Described As The Best One In The STAR WARS Series To Date

Quote :

Iain McCaig has worked on both the Star Wars prequels and The Force Awakens, so it's fair to say that the concept artist knows his stuff. That's what makes his comments about the upcoming Han Solo movie so exciting, especially as the vast majority of fans so far seem to have agreed that the spinoff is pretty unnecessary, especially as Harrison Ford obviously can't reprise the role of a younger Han.

"[The Han Solo movie] has by far the best Star Wars script, and one of the best scripts period, that I have ever read," he recently revealed after being asked about how the movie is shaping up. "I laughed, I cried, I did all the things you should do when reading a good script. You’re in for a treat."

Back to top Go down
Raptor Blue
Embryo
Embryo
Raptor Blue

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 30, 2016 12:32 pm

Dead2009 wrote:
The HAN SOLO Screenplay Has Been Described As The Best One In The STAR WARS Series To Date

Quote :

Iain McCaig has worked on both the Star Wars prequels and The Force Awakens, so it's fair to say that the concept artist knows his stuff. That's what makes his comments about the upcoming Han Solo movie so exciting, especially as the vast majority of fans so far seem to have agreed that the spinoff is pretty unnecessary, especially as Harrison Ford obviously can't reprise the role of a younger Han.

"[The Han Solo movie] has by far the best Star Wars script, and one of the best scripts period, that I have ever read," he recently revealed after being asked about how the movie is shaping up. "I laughed, I cried, I did all the things you should do when reading a good script. You’re in for a treat."

I highly doubt that. I'll believe it when I see it.
Back to top Go down
Scott B
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus
Scott B

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 03, 2016 4:29 pm

Iain McCaig might be a little more than biased. These early reviews on scripts are so worthless. No one will ever talk bad about it.

@DREAMMASTER agreed.
Back to top Go down
Mysterious Hero M
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 03, 2016 4:35 pm

Except according to Lucas the dark side isn't natural but a cancer.

Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus
Scott B

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 03, 2016 4:53 pm

Mysterious Hero M wrote:
Except according to Lucas the dark side isn't natural but a cancer.

True. Lucas and Disney since they agreed about these story elements. But yeah. The light side is the natural state of the Force. The dark side is a corruption/taint on it that has to be cleansed.

People can write stories where characters believe otherwise, just that they are not right about it. XD
Back to top Go down
owenpratt
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus
owenpratt

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 15, 2016 11:54 am

The Star Wars thread - Page 2 CnarhewVMAAJPTK

My Twitter: https://twitter.com/owenpratt93
Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 15, 2016 12:21 pm

Thats a drastic departure from the overall dark tone of the trailer. People are gonna get confused as to whether the movie is dark or has light elements to it.

Back to top Go down
owenpratt
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus
owenpratt

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 15, 2016 12:35 pm

My Twitter: https://twitter.com/owenpratt93
Back to top Go down
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 15, 2016 4:08 pm

All this new material for Rogue One is making me even more excited!! Very Happy

You knock 'em dead, Gareth!!

The Star Wars thread - Page 2 Dinosa12
Back to top Go down
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 15, 2016 8:24 pm

I really hope that trailer with Vader makes its way into the public. So excited.

Administrator
Administrator
TheDreamMaster

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 15, 2016 8:42 pm

I teared up at that Rogue One preview. Looks to be shaping up so well.

As for the trailer, I know everyone probably wants to see it in HD when it comes out, but if interested.... *cough* *cough***cough*

"We'll use the Force."- Finn
 "That's not how the Force works!"- Han Solo
Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 16, 2016 12:38 pm

Back to top Go down
MissDNA
TFW RPG Moderator
TFW RPG Moderator
MissDNA

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 16, 2016 1:32 pm

Damn that looks so awesome. And Thrawn goes canon, can't wait. Apparently there's supposed to come out a new Thrawn book as well.
Have to view the second season though... Plenty of spoilers in that trailer. Razz Come on Netflix, give it to me!

Brimi - female Stegosaurus ungulatus
Back to top Go down
TheDreamMaster
Administrator
Administrator
TheDreamMaster

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 16, 2016 3:50 pm

WAS THAT THE FREAKING OUTRIDER?!

Sorry, I was really big into Dash Rendar as a kid as a kid because I loved Shadows of the Empire so much.

Dark Troopers maybe? Thrawn! More Maul! I think Rebels is finally going to hit its stride, and I can't wait!

Also, new clip from IGN. http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/07/16/star-wars-celebration-2016-rebels-season-3-clip-shows-maul-in-control

Back to top Go down
Velociraptor Rex
Embryo
Embryo

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 16, 2016 5:45 pm

What does everyone think of the Darth Jar Jar theory?
Back to top Go down
DoYouKnowTheMuffinMan?
Embryo
Embryo
DoYouKnowTheMuffinMan?

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 16, 2016 6:18 pm

I'm so excited for Thrawn, I'm also proud of my own fan idea. Where in my opinion Episode 6 splits off into two timelines, the old EU, and Disney's EU, and I follow both. Ah head canon, I love you.
Back to top Go down
evolution_rex
Ceratosaurus
Ceratosaurus
evolution_rex

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 16, 2016 6:24 pm

Velociraptor Rex wrote:
What does everyone think of the Darth Jar Jar theory?
It's just a funny theory not meant to be taken seriously.

http://letterboxd.com/evolution_rex/
CT-1138
Jurassic Mainframe News Team
Jurassic Mainframe News Team
CT-1138

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 17, 2016 2:22 pm

owenpratt wrote:

Rogue One is shaping up to be positively amazing!

Dead2009 wrote:
This season is gonna be amazing! Thrawn, OT Y-Wings, Rahm Kota Kanan, Wedge Antilles! There's so much world building going on, and it looks like Sabine got her jetpack! YES! Very Happy I also LOVE her hair. She looks really cute with that style.

TheDreamMaster wrote:
WAS THAT THE FREAKING OUTRIDER?!

Sorry, I was really big into Dash Rendar as a kid as a kid because I loved Shadows of the Empire so much.

Dark Troopers maybe? Thrawn! More Maul! I think Rebels is finally going to hit its stride, and I can't wait!

Also, new clip from IGN. http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/07/16/star-wars-celebration-2016-rebels-season-3-clip-shows-maul-in-control
Looks like the Outrider to me! Very Happy

Maul never ceases to amaze me in how ruthless he can be.

http://abekowalski.deviantart.com/
Mysterious Hero M
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 17, 2016 3:19 pm

It's the Outrider ship model but it's not piloted by Dash Rendarr according to Filoni. Super excited for Thrawn and it's making me more and more excited for the inevitable recanonization of Darth Revan.

Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 26, 2016 12:57 pm

Alden Ehrenreich to play Han Solo in three movies?

Quote :

Disney is developing its upcoming Han Solo “Star Wars” spinoff as a three-picture package, reports New York Daily News.

Alden Ehrenreich, who is on board to play Solo in the spinoff, has reportedly signed on to do three films, ensuring he’ll return to play the character should (or should I say when) the first film make it big at the box office.

The spinoff is set to focus on the character’s early years and will be directed by “Lego Movie” helmers Phil Lord and Christopher Miller.

Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 04, 2016 5:47 pm

ABC in Talks For Possible Star Wars Series

Quote :

ABC Entertainment President Channing Dungey confirmed today that the network has discussed possibilities for a Star Wars television series. Dungey told EW that the network is looking to bring the brand, which is underneath the same Disney-owned umbrella as them, onto the network in tghe form of some sort of programming.

“[W]e have had conversations with [Lucasfilm] and will continue to have conversations with them,” Dungey said. “I think it would be wonderful if we could find a way to extend that brand into our programming… It’s all a little bit hush-hush. That company exists under a big shroud of secrecy. If you feel Marvel’s secretive, [Lucasfilm] takes it to a whole other level … [Talks] are ongoing. We don’t have an official timeline yet.”

There have been rumors about a potential Star Wars series floating around for years; Lucasfilm reportedly fifty scripted episodes down for a series that was titled Star Wars: Underworld but nothing ever game from that due to potential cost issues. Star Wars is, of course, a huge part of Disney’s cinematic success; The Force Awakens became the top domestic-grossing film of all-time last year and both sequels and spinoffs are on the way starting with Rogue One: A Star Wars Story coming this December.

Back to top Go down
evolution_rex
Ceratosaurus
Ceratosaurus
evolution_rex

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 04, 2016 7:11 pm

I don't think network television is a good place for sci-fi space action that isn't animated. I think Disney is on good terms with Netflix judging by the Marvel shows, so I think they should go with them instead.

http://letterboxd.com/evolution_rex/
TheDreamMaster
Administrator
Administrator
TheDreamMaster

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 04, 2016 7:36 pm

evolution_rex wrote:
I don't think network television is a good place for sci-fi space action that isn't animated. I think Disney is on good terms with Netflix judging by the Marvel shows, so I think they should go with them instead.

Agreed. I love Agents of Shield, but its gone over the top with inhumans, and it really doesn't have the budget for some of the effects it needs.

Back to top Go down
TheDreamMaster
Administrator
Administrator
TheDreamMaster

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 11, 2016 10:41 pm

WOW. That looks awesome.

Back to top Go down
MissDNA
TFW RPG Moderator
TFW RPG Moderator
MissDNA

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 12, 2016 4:56 am

That looks so bloody great. Glad they're making a more mature Star Wars film. Here's hoping we get to see a badassing Vader.

Brimi - female Stegosaurus ungulatus
Back to top Go down
TheDreamMaster
Administrator
Administrator
TheDreamMaster

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 13, 2016 12:34 pm

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/star-wars-r2-d2-actor-8624354

Kenny Baker has died at 83.

Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 13, 2016 12:46 pm

TheDreamMaster wrote:
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/star-wars-r2-d2-actor-8624354

Kenny Baker has died at 83.

Noooooooo. That's so sad Sad
Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 13, 2016 12:51 pm

Double post for a reason(as I don't want this message alongside the Kenny baker).

I'm shocked by the negative reaction I've seen for Rogue One on IMDB. Almost every topic is talking about how "feminist" the movie is and how the new character is a "Mary Sue". I personally don't get that at all from the trailers. Like not even a little bit. I think it looks fantastic.

Am I the only one perplexed by this? I think it looks amazing!
Back to top Go down
TheDreamMaster
Administrator
Administrator
TheDreamMaster

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 13, 2016 12:56 pm

Troyal1 wrote:
Double post for a reason(as I don't want this message alongside the Kenny baker).

I'm shocked by the negative reaction I've seen for Rogue One on IMDB. Almost every topic is talking about how "feminist" the movie is and how the new character is a "Mary Sue". I personally don't get that at all from the trailers. Like not even a little bit. I think it looks fantastic.

Am I the only one perplexed by this? I think it looks amazing!

I think it looks great too. The first mistake Troya was going to the IMDB boards. :p
Seriously though, as some people reacting to the trailer on YouTube pointed out, they haven't really given the plotline for the film in the trailers. If you aren't someone who has been following the production, there's a chance you may not fully get what's happening. With that in mind, they've shown even less of our main characters, and that has me wondering how anyone can make a judgement on what they are like.

Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 13, 2016 1:05 pm

"With that in mind, they've shown even less of our main characters, and that has me wondering how anyone can make a judgement on what they are like."

EXACTLY!!!!!! LOL. That's why it's so frustrating to try and have a conversation over there.

But yea I totally agree the movie looks amazing. I just hope those reshoots didn't hurt it. I know many films have reshoots but sometimes it can go bad. This movie finally looks like it's gonna deliver on what I've always wanted out of Star Wars.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Star Wars thread
Page 2 of 31Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16 ... 31  Next