Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1

Go down 
+38
Jurassic Gabo
Crimsonraptor
Spiegel
Pachyrhinosaurus
Viperman
evolution_rex
K_Ozz92
TheRexMan22
Océane
BoulderFaceplant
Gondrasia
JP_Korea
V.a.nublarensis
Yankeetrex
TRK/TrexKing
1morey
Fossildude747
Aegyptiacus3
The Geeky Zoologist
Scott B
Dr. Wu
Troyal1
Rhedosaurus
Trexbreakout
Mysterious Hero M
Levine
Tyrant Lizard
Dead2009
SmugTheFab
Baryonyx111
Darth Spidey
Spinosaur4.4
Troodon_formosus
BarrytheOnyx
Sickle_Claw
owenpratt
dance2nite
TheDreamMaster
42 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 34  Next
AuthorMessage
Pachyrhinosaurus
Hatchling
Hatchling
Pachyrhinosaurus

General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 29 Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 29 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 18, 2017 10:55 pm

Mistral wrote:
In real world the whole new park would have never happened anyway because of San Diego incident + knowledge of JP, so there's that, but in any case why would anyone want to see JP5 with yet another park in it?

My thoughts were that JW would still exist but it would have zero influence on the plot (other than a mention). Unlikely, I know, but if JW could open after San Diego and the original park, I figured the writers could do this. Not that it matters anymore since we have the set pics. Either way, I hope this means the park will only have minimal screentime and most of the movie takes place on the mainland.
Back to top Go down
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 29 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 18, 2017 10:57 pm

I think it would be too repetitive to have another park, and also with so many  accidents with them.

Former JPL member, Spinosaur4.4.

General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 29 LYHX0zA
Back to top Go down
dance2nite
Sorna Velociraptor
Sorna Velociraptor
dance2nite

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 29 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 19, 2017 12:44 am

The Park is Closed, end of story, they will be revisiting the ruins of JW on Nublar for a rescue mission of sorts for part of the story before it takes place somewhere on the mainland, Colin basically confirmed this last year in an interview.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 29 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 19, 2017 6:23 am

No, he's only given vague lines that can be interpreted in many ways, and which don't have to end up being true anyway.

It's pretty remarkable that JP3 is the only film without any park setting whatsoever.
JP - obvious
TLW - San Diego park
JW - obvious 2x + previous park ruins
JP5 - previous park/parks ruins

And for that, I have to congratulate it.
Back to top Go down
owenpratt
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus
owenpratt

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 29 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 19, 2017 8:22 am

Mistral wrote:
No, he's only given vague lines that can be interpreted in many ways, and which don't have to end up being true anyway.

It's pretty remarkable that JP3 is the only film without any park setting whatsoever.
JP - obvious
TLW - San Diego park
JW - obvious 2x + previous park ruins
JP5 - previous park/parks ruins

And for that, I have to congratulate it.

JP3 is also the worst reviewed film of the saga by almost everyone Wink people loves to see parks, I guess ahah

My Twitter: https://twitter.com/owenpratt93
Back to top Go down
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 29 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 21, 2017 6:59 pm

There will be rocks in JW2...

Spoiler:

General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 29 Jpbann10
Back to top Go down
V.a.nublarensis
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
V.a.nublarensis

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 29 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 22, 2017 7:09 am

For a moment, I thought the Rock has been confirmed to be in the movie.
Back to top Go down
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 29 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 22, 2017 7:55 am

V.a.nublarensis wrote:

Funnily enough, I saw a few Twitter exchanges between The Rock, Chris Pratt and Bryce Dallas Howard a few weeks ago. The Rock even left the hashtag "#JW2". That at least indicated there was a degree of communication between him and our two Jurassic leads. I didn't comment on it here because I thought it was just a playful exchange between actors, despite a few Twitter users seeing this as an indication that The Rock was in the Jurassic sequel. To be honest, I don't really see Dwayne fitting into the JP universe, I could be proven wrong if he were cast but he seems a bit too larger-than-life to be a fit, like casting Arnie in The Lost World.

General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 29 Dinosa12
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 29 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 22, 2017 8:35 am

Forget Rock and Arnold, Liam Neeson shouting and fist fighting dinosaurs would be the ultimate shiz.
Back to top Go down
owenpratt
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus
owenpratt

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 29 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 22, 2017 9:12 am

Ted Levine on set.
He has the face of a villain imo.

Spoiler:

My Twitter: https://twitter.com/owenpratt93
Back to top Go down
Dr. Wu
Veteran
Veteran
Dr. Wu

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 29 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 22, 2017 9:32 am

Wouldn't it awesome if Ted is Dodgson?

Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 29 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 22, 2017 10:54 am

BarrytheOnyx wrote:
V.a.nublarensis wrote:

Funnily enough, I saw a few Twitter exchanges between The Rock, Chris Pratt and Bryce Dallas Howard a few weeks ago. The Rock even left the hashtag "#JW2". That at least indicated there was a degree of communication between him and our two Jurassic leads. I didn't comment on it here because I thought it was just a playful exchange between actors, despite a few Twitter users seeing this as an indication that The Rock was in the Jurassic sequel. To be honest, I don't really see Dwayne fitting into the JP universe, I could be proven wrong if he were cast but he seems a bit too larger-than-life to be a fit, like casting Arnie in The Lost World.

Pretty sure he's just fangirling out.

Back to top Go down
Dr. Wu
Veteran
Veteran
Dr. Wu

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 29 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 22, 2017 11:14 am

Yeah, I doubt The Rock will be in the movie. And if he is he will probably have a small role since mostly every main actors have be cast.

Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 29 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 22, 2017 11:16 am

Personally, I think there's far more weight to the Tom Hardy rumors than anything involving The Rock.

Back to top Go down
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 29 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 22, 2017 12:22 pm

That Ted Levine pic...he looks like Dodgson there lmao

Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 29 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 22, 2017 12:57 pm

Just gonna say it now, I've always said Ted Levine would make a GREAT Dodgson!

But it makes me wonder, with Chris, Justice, Daniela and Ted all on the same set together, which part of the film they must be working on...

Back to top Go down
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 29 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 22, 2017 1:40 pm

BarrytheOnyx wrote:
Just gonna say it now, I've always said Ted Levine would make a GREAT Dodgson!

But it makes me wonder, with Chris, Justice, Daniela and Ted all on the same set together, which part of the film they must be working on...

Yeah. Makes me wonder if Daniella will play a bad character as my theory goes since Justice/Chris and Daniella/Ted would make for even factions

Veteran
Veteran
Dr. Wu

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 29 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 22, 2017 4:09 pm

I thought Justice/Daniella would be partnered up. Kind of like in the new Kong movie with the characters Brooks and Lin.

I can see Ted/BD potentially having scenes together. If Ted's playing Dodgson and if Wu now works for Biosyn.

Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 29 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 22, 2017 5:08 pm

Talking about Wu, where is this bastard. Mad

I hope BD wong is there shooting or starts shooting soon. I'm getting worried that Wu will die in the start. Sad

Back to top Go down
dance2nite
Sorna Velociraptor
Sorna Velociraptor
dance2nite

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 29 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 22, 2017 5:57 pm

Bryce is filming too guys & I doubt Wu will die at the start, I think he'll die near the end, also agree Ted looks like & would make a good Dodgson.
Back to top Go down
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 29 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 22, 2017 6:33 pm

Yeah guys I'm sorry the drama.  Laughing

Back to top Go down
Dr. Wu
Veteran
Veteran
Dr. Wu

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 29 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 22, 2017 6:41 pm

It's okay Spino4.4, we all want Dr. Wu to have a lot of screen time.

Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 29 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 22, 2017 6:46 pm

Yeah I know, just that I'm so obcessed with this movie and the fact that he's in that I get a annoying sometimes. I'm sorry anyway.

Back to top Go down
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 29 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 22, 2017 6:47 pm

Personally, I am confident that all of Wu's scenes will feel crucial and would reveal fascinating insights into the dinosaurs, potentially upping the intrigue. He doesn't need to have the most screen time, but there's a good chance that he will be a scene-stealer.

Back to top Go down
Dr. Wu
Veteran
Veteran
Dr. Wu

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 29 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 22, 2017 6:50 pm

I wonder if Justice Smith's role as an heroic scientist is to contrast Wu as a villainous one. scratch

Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 29 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 22, 2017 6:58 pm

Dr. Wu wrote:
I wonder if Justice Smith's role as an heroic scientist is to contrast Wu as a villainous one. scratch
Wu doesn't need to be a villain, you know.

And I hope they don't folllow this path. Wu is too awesome to be a generic mad scientist. And before someone comes up, the novel never had him like that.

Back to top Go down
Dr. Wu
Veteran
Veteran
Dr. Wu

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 29 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 22, 2017 7:08 pm

But JW has made Wu a villain or at least an antagonist in the films. I mostly always consider a antagonist a villain (Wu is on the villain wiki...).

I believe they can have Wu be a interesting 'Mad Scientist' rather than a cliché one as he doesn't have the over the top personalities of most mad scientist in fiction. If anything, Wu can make it more interesting as someone who isn't insane but is making very questionable creations for very questionable purposes.

You're completely right about Wu never being a villain or a mad scientist in the novel (even though his arrogance did blind him from seeing that the dinosaurs could breed) but the film makers have the power to change things for the movies.

Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 29 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 22, 2017 7:45 pm

He isn't a villain in JW. Just an antagonist. Nothing he does there makes him a villain, we don't even know about him so much, and I don't think he was like Hoskins who wanted to wreck everything just to test weapons. He's an antagonist bc he wants something different from the protagonists. They want to stop the genetic engineering stuff, he wants to continue it. 

"You act like we are engaged in mad science, but this is what we did since the beggining." 

Just because he appears cold and too foccused on his work doesn't mean he's evil. Look Claire, she was exactly like him, all focussed in her work and couldn't see anything else, she also appeared cold and robotic, does that mean she's evil? Of course not.

Yeah he made mistakes, but hey that's what makes him even more human, he's a genius, yet not perfect. I'm tired of movies making scientists as evil people, he's just there doing his work, he values it. Science is progress and the only way we can get close to the truth.

And that's why I want development, Colin didn't write him well in JW, I want that fixed. He's very flat and too robotic.

Not to mention I agree with everything he said there. Everything he said is true, people liking it or not.

He is in the villain wiki? I'm going to change that imediatly. People don't know the difference from antagonist and villain.

Last edited by Spinosaur4.4 on Wed Mar 22, 2017 7:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Dr. Wu
Veteran
Veteran
Dr. Wu

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 29 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 22, 2017 7:52 pm

I don't think he's evil but I do believe he's a villain (in the films starting with JW).

Even BD Wong called him a villain in a interview. They were discussing if Wu is the main villain of the franchise but he said Wu's only a villain not the villain.

Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 29 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 22, 2017 7:55 pm

No, BD Wong said he's calous and don't put humans in a pedestal place (funny because a deleted scene shows Owen doing the same), and that he can be used as a puppet for a real villain that just wants to extract money from his knowledge. He thinks his work is very important, and that it is valuable to take some risks to reach progress in science. 

Ugh, why it's so hard to make a character beliveable and not cliche?

He is not a villain. Just an antagonist. Period.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 29 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1
Page 29 of 34Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 34  Next