Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

Build The Legend: RPG, a new old idea!

Go down 
+7
VoxelMush
TheRexMan22
Metal Gear Rex
Gouken08
Gojira2014
Pugpunasaurus
Spiegel
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Spiegel
Stegosaurus
Stegosaurus
Spiegel

Build The Legend: RPG, a new old idea! Empty
PostSubject: Build The Legend: RPG, a new old idea!   Build The Legend: RPG, a new old idea! Icon_minitimeSat Jun 11, 2016 3:32 pm

Jurassic Park Legacy - BUILD THE LEGEND: RPG
Go back to the beginning and truly build the legend.

Last edited by Spiegel on Sat Jul 30, 2016 9:54 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://s15.zetaboards.com/JurassicRolePlay/index/
Pugpunasaurus
Embryo
Embryo
Pugpunasaurus

PostSubject: Re: Build The Legend: RPG, a new old idea!   Build The Legend: RPG, a new old idea! Icon_minitimeSat Jun 11, 2016 10:03 pm

I'm so about this! This is right up my alley.

Back to top Go down
Gojira2014
Hatchling
Hatchling
Gojira2014

PostSubject: Re: Build The Legend: RPG, a new old idea!   Build The Legend: RPG, a new old idea! Icon_minitimeSat Jun 11, 2016 11:09 pm

I'm in!

Gouken08
Embryo
Embryo

PostSubject: Re: Build The Legend: RPG, a new old idea!   Build The Legend: RPG, a new old idea! Icon_minitimeSun Jun 12, 2016 8:52 am

I'm in on it!!!
Back to top Go down
Spiegel
Stegosaurus
Stegosaurus
Spiegel

PostSubject: Re: Build The Legend: RPG, a new old idea!   Build The Legend: RPG, a new old idea! Icon_minitimeSun Jun 12, 2016 11:28 am

I think this could go two ways, it could be the Prequel time period of Jurassic Park or Jurassic World. It also could be implemented into Jurassic World, instead of the 1980s it would take place in 2015-ish time period thus taking place on Nublar with the building of Jurassic World, the cloning of the Raptor Squad and I_Rex ect.

Metal Gear Rex
Embryo
Embryo
Metal Gear Rex

PostSubject: Re: Build The Legend: RPG, a new old idea!   Build The Legend: RPG, a new old idea! Icon_minitimeSun Jun 12, 2016 1:08 pm

I like the sound of this! Smile

Embryo
Embryo
Pugpunasaurus

PostSubject: Re: Build The Legend: RPG, a new old idea!   Build The Legend: RPG, a new old idea! Icon_minitimeSun Jun 12, 2016 3:28 pm

I think it should be 1980s, pre JP!

EDIT: You made a point on another thread about people being drawn to JW. This definitely shouldn't be a carbon copy of LTL. I like both eras, but if JW is a more attractive option, I'm on board with it.

Back to top Go down
Metal Gear Rex
Embryo
Embryo
Metal Gear Rex

PostSubject: Re: Build The Legend: RPG, a new old idea!   Build The Legend: RPG, a new old idea! Icon_minitimeSun Jun 12, 2016 5:14 pm

I'm down for the Pre-Jurassic Park idea, but if it went to Jurassic World that would be ok as well.

Veteran
Veteran
TheRexMan22

PostSubject: Re: Build The Legend: RPG, a new old idea!   Build The Legend: RPG, a new old idea! Icon_minitimeSun Jun 12, 2016 8:09 pm

I would love to try this!

[color=#33ccff]
Back to top Go down
Metal Gear Rex
Embryo
Embryo
Metal Gear Rex

PostSubject: Re: Build The Legend: RPG, a new old idea!   Build The Legend: RPG, a new old idea! Icon_minitimeSun Jun 12, 2016 10:33 pm

This would be the first time I would partake in a forum rp. It sounds interesting. It would definitely be a fun learning experience. If we do a Pre-Jurassic Park rp, I would totally love to be a Mechanic in the Maintenance division. In about a year I'm going to start a conversion project after I get a Jeep Wrangler and turn it into Jurassic Park jeep 12, Dennis Nedry's jeep. It would be cool to rp as a mechanic who customized the jeeps with lightbars, offroad lights, winches, painting, ect. It would be cool to rp in a subject I know about, and can totally relate with.

Hatchling
Hatchling
VoxelMush

PostSubject: Re: Build The Legend: RPG, a new old idea!   Build The Legend: RPG, a new old idea! Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2016 9:35 am

I'm on board! When do we get to make our characters?

Embryo
Embryo
Velociraptors_of_Skyrim

PostSubject: Re: Build The Legend: RPG, a new old idea!   Build The Legend: RPG, a new old idea! Icon_minitimeSun Jun 19, 2016 3:46 pm

Count me in.

Build The Legend: RPG, a new old idea! 330px-10

The Forgotten World characters:

Irwin (♂) Baryonyx walkeri

Sovereign (♂) Troodon pectinodon "ingen"
Back to top Go down
Spiegel
Stegosaurus
Stegosaurus
Spiegel

PostSubject: Re: Build The Legend: RPG, a new old idea!   Build The Legend: RPG, a new old idea! Icon_minitimeSun Jun 19, 2016 7:38 pm

Glad to see interest. We'll start on this once the main RPG is going. I dont think now is an appropriate time to start. However, in the not to distant future we will. Also, any thoughts or ideas can be posted here in the mean time to be considered and worked in.

Metal Gear Rex
Embryo
Embryo
Metal Gear Rex

PostSubject: Re: Build The Legend: RPG, a new old idea!   Build The Legend: RPG, a new old idea! Icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2016 7:40 pm

Ok, that sounds good. Can't wait because I love the sound of this idea.

Embryo
Embryo
Hellothasaurus

PostSubject: Re: Build The Legend: RPG, a new old idea!   Build The Legend: RPG, a new old idea! Icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2016 12:10 pm

I would happily create a Biosyn spy today! Love spy characters...the danger of getting caught.
Back to top Go down
Spiegel
Stegosaurus
Stegosaurus
Spiegel

PostSubject: Re: Build The Legend: RPG, a new old idea!   Build The Legend: RPG, a new old idea! Icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2016 12:39 pm

Im not sure how committed to this idea I am, as I have another project in the works on my own forum.

Hellothasaurus
Embryo
Embryo
Hellothasaurus

PostSubject: Re: Build The Legend: RPG, a new old idea!   Build The Legend: RPG, a new old idea! Icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2016 12:53 pm

What is that Speigel?
Back to top Go down
Troodon_formosus
Compsognathus
Compsognathus
Troodon_formosus

PostSubject: Re: Build The Legend: RPG, a new old idea!   Build The Legend: RPG, a new old idea! Icon_minitimeSat Jul 30, 2016 11:02 pm

This sounds pretty cool, I hope it ends up happening! So many possibilities. The construction of Jurassic Park? The research going on at Site B in the '80s and '90s? Jurassic World's creation? There's so much we could do...!

The Forgotten World Characters: Cessna (Pteranodon longiceps masranii ♀)
Back to top Go down
http://exploresecondearth.boards.net/
Spiegel
Stegosaurus
Stegosaurus
Spiegel

PostSubject: Re: Build The Legend: RPG, a new old idea!   Build The Legend: RPG, a new old idea! Icon_minitimeSat Jul 30, 2016 11:58 pm

This is definitely on the back burner for a few reasons:

1. The actually RPG at this site needs the attention this might detract from it.
2. I've got another project here: Monsters & Men RPG
3. I dont have all the information I had available in the encyclopedia to try and make it accurate to the canon. I could research from out of my books but those are also gone.

However, I will keep the rules and everything else as I have fro the last 2 years and when the time is ready or if the staff would like me to, I will setup and run this RPG.

Hellothasaurus
Embryo
Embryo
Hellothasaurus

PostSubject: Re: Build The Legend: RPG, a new old idea!   Build The Legend: RPG, a new old idea! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2016 12:12 pm

I like the idea of it being pre-1980s jurassic park...the development of the creatures...building of the park. Could have some interesting fun on Sorna.
Back to top Go down
Spiegel
Stegosaurus
Stegosaurus
Spiegel

PostSubject: Re: Build The Legend: RPG, a new old idea!   Build The Legend: RPG, a new old idea! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2016 12:52 pm

There is a lot of potential and it had actually been approved for me to create at JPL. However, I was shortly there after banned from the site before I could pursue this to its full potential. At some point it may come to fruition, and trust me I would love for it to, but for right now its taking a back seat to my other project. Also, like I said, I dont want to draw away from the original RPG here and I believe this will take up a lot of room on the board.

Troodon_formosus
Compsognathus
Compsognathus
Troodon_formosus

PostSubject: Re: Build The Legend: RPG, a new old idea!   Build The Legend: RPG, a new old idea! Icon_minitimeTue Aug 02, 2016 3:46 pm

If film-canon information is what you need, I'm your guy. I compulsively hoarded all the information about the dinosaurs from the old JPL encyclopedia that I could find, including distribution information on Isla Sorna. If you want, I can start working on an RPG forum for this project myself; I've built up a forum before (for a project of my own), I think a Jurassic one wouldn't be a problem.

Back to top Go down
Hellothasaurus
Embryo
Embryo
Hellothasaurus

PostSubject: Re: Build The Legend: RPG, a new old idea!   Build The Legend: RPG, a new old idea! Icon_minitimeWed Aug 03, 2016 4:19 pm

Lets do it!!
Back to top Go down
Spiegel
Stegosaurus
Stegosaurus
Spiegel

PostSubject: Re: Build The Legend: RPG, a new old idea!   Build The Legend: RPG, a new old idea! Icon_minitimeWed Aug 03, 2016 7:20 pm

You really want this to happen that bad huh? Hmmm. Ok well let's talk about it for a moment. If we build our own forum for the game, I do like the idea of that only because it's not so compressed, I'd like to associate it with Jurassic Mainframe. That would involve discussion with the current staff. Also, I would definitely like to hold a lead position in the make up and running of THE RPG. Not for a power trip or my need to coneroli things but rather to ensure my original idea is nurtured properly. I'm not trying to be "that guy" but I can't help but to feel that way. If we can discuss those things and bring them to the table I'd gladly finish up this project and provide you with the RPG you desire. Of course, I suppose this could all be done without me however you see fit but I would really like to be involved.

Troodon_formosus
Compsognathus
Compsognathus
Troodon_formosus

PostSubject: Re: Build The Legend: RPG, a new old idea!   Build The Legend: RPG, a new old idea! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 04, 2016 2:31 pm

Hey, you had this idea in the first place, it makes sense that you should head your own vision. We can help in whatever way you need (I am a crazy research man).

If I can put in a vote for the time period, I think pre-JP would be the way to go. It's the era of the Jurassic franchise we know the least about, so we can play along without having to be nitpicky about sticking to canon. We don't really know what happened on Isla Sorna besides the fact that they cloned the dinosaurs and that most of the people lived there, probably full-time. We don't exactly know when anything on Isla Nublar was built, exactly, other than that it was underway in 1989 and that some structures were incomplete as of 1993. The pre-JW era would have the appeal of a more modern setting, but we know that the park changed a lot between 2005 and 2015, and keeping track of its modernization on schedule might be a challenge. We could still do that if it fits your vision better, but I think the prequel era (starting around 1987ish) would allow for more creative freedom.

Back to top Go down
Spiegel
Stegosaurus
Stegosaurus
Spiegel

PostSubject: Re: Build The Legend: RPG, a new old idea!   Build The Legend: RPG, a new old idea! Icon_minitimeTue Aug 09, 2016 6:29 pm

I'm really torn at the moment. I want an active and fun RPG . I have my project here:
http://w11.zetaboards.com/TheDinosaurKingdoms/index/
That seems to have little interest.
I also have my BTL idea that had some I Teresa but now it seems to be a only few people. I need input on what people want or if just moved one is interested in either or. If anyone wants to see this Build The Legend project going I need to know it's more than just 2 or 3 of us. Please post of you want this as one way or another I'm creating at least one of theseveral RPGS.

Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: Build The Legend: RPG, a new old idea!   Build The Legend: RPG, a new old idea! Icon_minitimeWed Aug 10, 2016 8:42 pm

So, this will be a pre JP RPG or a pre JW RPG? Sorry I'm kinda lost here.

Former JPL member, Spinosaur4.4.

Build The Legend: RPG, a new old idea! LYHX0zA
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Build The Legend: RPG, a new old idea!   Build The Legend: RPG, a new old idea! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Build The Legend: RPG, a new old idea!
Page 1 of 1