Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

The Passings Thread

Go down 
+24
C-Rex
Spinosaur4.4
BarrytheOnyx
Theta Rex
smaugtheterrible
TyrantGojira
Minmi
Tyrant Lizard
Scott B
TheRexMan22
V.a.nublarensis
Troyal1
Oshronosaurus
Océane
evolution_rex
Crimsonraptor
Gondrasia
CT-1138
CloneTrooper101
Caudipteryx
Mysterious Hero M
Sickle_Claw
Dead2009
TheDreamMaster
28 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9 ... 14  Next
AuthorMessage
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

The Passings Thread - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Passings Thread   The Passings Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2017 12:38 am

2017 is off to a rip roaring start, huh.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Passings Thread   The Passings Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2017 8:41 am

At least it's slower then 2016 was.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

If you're concerned about where this franchise is headed, then please join us.
Back to top Go down
TheDreamMaster
Administrator
Administrator
TheDreamMaster

PostSubject: Re: The Passings Thread   The Passings Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2017 5:16 pm

Miguel Ferrer was out of left field and that sucked, along with those young baseball players, but several of the deaths have been older celebrities, and sadly, that's something we've probably got to get used to. A lot of us, regardless if we are 13 or 30 have a love for a movie made in 1993, a movie made 24 years ago. Star Wars fans love a movie made 40 years ago. Those are so major gaps of time and even the youngest actors in JP are pushing 40, while the youngest actors of the SW OT are in their 60's (and with the sad passing of Carrie Fisher, it shows even at a younger old age, doesn't stop that possibility we can go anytime.).

I mean, I still campaign for Ghostbusters III, even if it mostly involves a new cast, knowing Harold Ramis is gone, because I know the time is limited. Dan Aykroyd is 64, Bill Murray is 66, Ernie Hudson is 71. Hell, if Sigourney and Rick Moranis came back, they're 67 and 63 respectively. It's going to be very hard when even more of my favorites pass, but its in the future, one way or another.

"We'll use the Force."- Finn
 "That's not how the Force works!"- Han Solo
Back to top Go down
Scott B
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus
Scott B

PostSubject: Re: The Passings Thread   The Passings Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2017 7:26 pm

Yeah, it is what makes me anxious to get Billy December Williams back as Lando at least once. Good to see him on tv and in Battlefront at least. And James Earl Jones too. They are both way up there now sadly.
Back to top Go down
Oshronosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Oshronosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Passings Thread   The Passings Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2017 8:42 pm

he was even back in The Lego Movie, of all things, along with Daniels as 3PO (though Han had his Robot Chicken VA iirc)

Join the Brethren!
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Passings Thread   The Passings Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2017 3:45 pm

Mike Conners, the detective in the long-running TV show 'Maddix' has died at the age of 91.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: The Passings Thread   The Passings Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2017 10:11 pm

John Hurt has passed away

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4166046/Actor-John-Hurt-dies-cancer-aged-77.html?ito=social-facebook
Back to top Go down
Scott B
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus
Scott B

PostSubject: Re: The Passings Thread   The Passings Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 28, 2017 12:31 am

Rest in peace Sir John. Darn, wow. Sad
Back to top Go down
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: The Passings Thread   The Passings Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 28, 2017 5:10 am

This one really, really hurt. While many no doubt are familiar with John Hurt through Alien, Harry Potter and Doctor Who (among many other film and TV appearances), I tend to associate him as the voice of the main protagonist from Watership Down, Hazel.

The Passings Thread - Page 4 Dinosa12
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Passings Thread   The Passings Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2017 9:55 am

Black Sabbath keyboardist, Geoff Nicholls, as died of cancer at at just 68 years old.

Back to top Go down
TheRexMan22
Veteran
Veteran
TheRexMan22

PostSubject: Re: The Passings Thread   The Passings Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2017 4:53 pm

2017, stahp. Just stahp it already.

[color=#33ccff]
Back to top Go down
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: The Passings Thread   The Passings Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2017 5:04 pm

I'm really not interested in another run of posts basically saying "f**k 2017"; I had my absolute fill of that last year. I know it's going to kick into gear sooner or later, but I will not live the rest of my life with everyone hating every single year to come.

Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: The Passings Thread   The Passings Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2017 8:01 pm

BarrytheOnyx wrote:
I'm really not interested in another run of posts basically saying "f**k 2017"; I had my absolute fill of that last year. I know it's going to kick into gear sooner or later, but I will not live the rest of my life with everyone hating every single year to come.

This. For all the awful things in 2016(a suicide of a family member in my case) there is still good in the year. For everything bad that happens and makes the news there is undoubtedly something good that is completely overlooked.

I enjoyed 2016 although many sad deaths and unfortunate personal events happened.

I think we should make a 2017 positivity thread and post everytime something good happens Smile
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Passings Thread   The Passings Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2017 8:10 pm

Troyal1 wrote:
This. For all the awful things in 2016(a suicide of a family member in my case) there is still good in the year. For everything bad that happens and makes the news there is undoubtedly something good that is completely overlooked.

I enjoyed 2016 although many sad deaths and unfortunate personal events happened.

I think we should make a 2017 positivity thread and post everytime something good happens Smile

I agree. 2016 was so..surreal that 2017 can't get worse. As the old saying goes, when you've been knocked down on your back, things can only look up. Wink Razz
Back to top Go down
Oshronosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Oshronosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Passings Thread   The Passings Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2017 9:25 pm

agreed. 2016 was a bad year for me, too, even disregarding the deaths of beloved celebrities and the political clusterfuck that pretty much everyone got into (there were lots of celebrity deaths around the start of the decade, too--Michael Jackson, for one--but that year was still nowhere near as bad)

2017 is nowhere near that bad just yet. here's hoping, with all my might, that it'll stay decent at the very least

Join the Brethren!
Back to top Go down
TheRexMan22
Veteran
Veteran
TheRexMan22

PostSubject: Re: The Passings Thread   The Passings Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2017 10:45 pm

Guys, I wasn't insinuating that.

I thought that using "stahp" as opposed to a rage-filled "damn you!" would make it obvious to you guys that I was mostly fooling around. It's way too early in the year to disclose once and for all that it's going to be a crappy year; but we have hit some hard bumps, you can't deny that.

For the record I agree with this plan for a 2017 Appreciation Thread. Are any of you guys familiar with CinemaSins? Well, are you aware of that channel's lookalike, CinemaWins, which is basically the opposite of CinemaSins? Yeah, we should do something like that. Quench some of that negativity by bringing to light all the amazing things going on in our world today.

[color=#33ccff]
Back to top Go down
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: The Passings Thread   The Passings Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 30, 2017 7:51 am

TheRexMan22 wrote:

I thought that using "stahp" as opposed to a rage-filled "damn you!" would make it obvious to you guys that I was mostly fooling around. It's way too early in the year to disclose once and for all that it's going to be a crappy year; but we have hit some hard bumps, you can't deny that.

For the record I agree with this plan for a 2017 Appreciation Thread. Are any of you guys familiar with CinemaSins? Well, are you aware of that channel's lookalike, CinemaWins, which is basically the opposite of CinemaSins? Yeah, we should do something like that. Quench some of that negativity by bringing to light all the amazing things going on in our world today.

It's my fault, I should not have insinuated anything of the sort to begin with. These days, it's certainly easier to jump to negative conclusions than trying to stay positive, that's why I admire those who remain optimists. John Hurt's passing will be long in the healing for a lot of people, and a few on FB have already begun doing the same old song-and-dance that followed every noteworthy 2016 death. I will try not to be so reactionary in the future.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Passings Thread   The Passings Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 30, 2017 5:01 pm

Masaya Nakamura, the man who founded Namco, which in turn made Pac-Man, has died at the age of 91.

Back to top Go down
TheRexMan22
Veteran
Veteran
TheRexMan22

PostSubject: Re: The Passings Thread   The Passings Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2017 12:17 am

BarrytheOnyx wrote:
TheRexMan22 wrote:

It's my fault, I should not have insinuated anything of the sort to begin with. These days, it's certainly easier to jump to negative conclusions than trying to stay positive, that's why I admire those who remain optimists. John Hurt's passing will be long in the healing for a lot of people, and a few on FB have already begun doing the same old song-and-dance that followed every noteworthy 2016 death. I will try not to be so reactionary in the future.
Hey, it's no problem dude. No harm done.
Back to top Go down
TheDreamMaster
Administrator
Administrator
TheDreamMaster

PostSubject: Re: The Passings Thread   The Passings Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2017 8:58 am

My 4 year old cat, Princess Kitka, passed away today from a blood infection. I loved this cat, and she was the first animal we got since moving out of my parents house. 2017 is not off to a good start for me.

Back to top Go down
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: The Passings Thread   The Passings Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2017 9:01 am

TheDreamMaster wrote:
My 4 year old cat, Princess Kitka, passed away today from a blood infection. I loved this cat, and she was the first animal we got since moving out of my parents house. 2017 is not off to a good start for me.

I'm really sorry to hear that... As a cat owner myself (and having had to say goodbye to an older cat of mine a few years ago) I dread the day when she becomes too old and sickly to even move properly. But a blood infection is a rough way to go. My condolences. Sad

Back to top Go down
Oshronosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Oshronosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Passings Thread   The Passings Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2017 11:31 am

TheDreamMaster wrote:
my heart goes out to you--i know how hard it is to lose a beloved pet

Join the Brethren!
Back to top Go down
TheRexMan22
Veteran
Veteran
TheRexMan22

PostSubject: Re: The Passings Thread   The Passings Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2017 3:44 pm

TheDreamMaster wrote:
You have my sympathies. I'm so sorry for your loss.
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Passings Thread   The Passings Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2017 3:45 pm

TheDreamMaster wrote:

I'm really sorry for your loss. Losing a pet is no easy thing. It took me 2 years before I fully recovered when my childhood dog, Kuma, died. Mainly because he was the only family member that gave me unconditional love. My advice: Try to spend a few days not reading the news and they and remember the positives you had with your cat. That should help.

Back to top Go down
TheDreamMaster
Administrator
Administrator
TheDreamMaster

PostSubject: Re: The Passings Thread   The Passings Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2017 4:36 pm

I feel so bad, I feel like her dying was all my fault. They say she get it from fleas, and they could've come from anywhere but we adopted a second cat who had some fleas and I'm afraid that is where it started. Then I noticed her losing weight about a month ago and didn't immediately take her to the vet, but did a few weeks ago. They diagnosed her and gave her medicine but then the medicine ran out and she seemed fine. Then yesterday she just crashed, her temperature dropped as low as 82, and the vet tried to save her. But then I know she died at the vet during the night, and it hurts me to think she died alone. I loved this cat so much, and I feel like I didn't do enough to help her.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Passings Thread   The Passings Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2017 8:32 pm

Battlestar Galactica star Richard Hatch, who starred as Captain Apollo, has died at the age of 71.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Passings Thread   The Passings Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2017 4:34 pm

Hans Rosling, the Swedish physician and edutainer has died of pancreatic cancer at the age of 68.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Passings Thread   The Passings Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2017 6:57 pm

This one just happened. And it really hurts.

Mike Ilitch, the owner of the Detroit Red Wings and the Detriot Tigers and the founder of Little Caesers pizza, has died at the age of 87.

Thanks for the wonderful memories and pizza slices, Mr. Ilitch. I'll miss you.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Passings Thread   The Passings Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 11, 2017 7:21 pm

Lucha libre wrestling pioneer Chavo Guerrero Sr., the older brother of Eddie Guerrero, has died from liver cancer at the age of 68.

Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: The Passings Thread   The Passings Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 11, 2017 10:46 pm

TheDreamMaster wrote:
I feel so bad, I feel like her dying was all my fault. They say she get it from fleas, and they could've come from anywhere but we adopted a second cat who had some fleas and I'm afraid that is where it started. Then I noticed her losing weight about a month ago and didn't immediately take her to the vet, but did a few weeks ago. They diagnosed her and gave her medicine but then the medicine ran out and she seemed fine. Then yesterday she just crashed, her temperature dropped as low as 82, and the vet tried to save her. But then I know she died at the vet during the night, and it hurts me to think she died alone. I loved this cat so much, and I feel like I didn't do enough to help her.

Jeez i'm really sorry man. It's not your fault though. Sometimes terrible things happen for no reason. I'm incredibly confident that it isn't your fault and i know you would do anything to save your animal. You will be in my thoughts my friend.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Passings Thread   The Passings Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Passings Thread
Page 4 of 14Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9 ... 14  Next