Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

Decide the route of LOD!

Go down 
+9
MissDNA
SmugTheFab
TRK/TrexKing
CaptainNoodles
Oliphaunt
Sickle_Claw
TheRexMan22
Rex Prime
CT-1138
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Levine
Veteran
Veteran
Levine

Decide the route of LOD! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Decide the route of LOD!   Decide the route of LOD! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2016 5:28 pm

Friendly reminder I will be ending the poll tomorrow, so get your votes in!

Rex Prime wrote:
How will we deal with male and female characters? Now I didn't really investigate into JW but I assumed all the dinos were female and they already fixed the frog DNA defect from JP. But male/female dinosaur interactions were a big part of LTL and I don't want to lose that. I am thinking we should take creative liberties for the sake of a more enjoyable, if less authentic, RP experience.

(from another thread):

Caudipteryx wrote:
If we do have it post JW, the setting should be a good few years after the park is abandoned to allow life to recover and boost numbers of the animals people will want to play as. Supposedly there is only one rex and one/two surviving raptors on the island (unless there are others hidden on the island, maybe); too few to create a viable number of animals, especially considering raptors and rexes are among the most popular RP species.

Some ideas for how the island is repopulated:
Asexual reproduction - whereby a single female lays eggs without the involvement of a male. The resulting offspring are clones of the mother. This method of reproduction - parthenogenesis - has been observed in amphibians, komodo dragons and other lizards, which largely take up the DNA of the dinosaurs. If the dinosaurs from the original Jurassic Park could change gender owing to amphibian DNA, then surely this is also a possibility.

It is highly likely that live eggs of multiple species were stored in the abandoned laboratories for future use in the park. These hatched and created a first generation of "wild born" dinosaurs on the island.

Without human intervention, nature takes course and the dinosaurs begin to breed of their own accord.

Me wrote:
Along with that, another idea is that some of the JW population intermingles with the pre-existing JP population and inter-breed with them, in addition to your ideas (which I really like).
Back to top Go down
Island Queen
Hatchling
Hatchling
Island Queen

PostSubject: Re: Decide the route of LOD!   Decide the route of LOD! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2016 5:47 pm

Since the poll seems to be leaning towards post JW Isla Nublar (which is what I voted for), it looks like I'll be participating in this. It's been a while since I participated in an active RP, so I may be a little rusty (the only other one I participated in was Jurassic World: The Experience on JPL). If we're mostly playing dinosaurs, this will be a first for me, since I played in the other RPG as a human character. As for the name, I kind of like the first option, but I think starting another poll might be the best idea, to see what other people might think (even I have a hard time making up my mind, sometimes).Very Happy

CaptainNoodles
Compsognathus
Compsognathus
CaptainNoodles

PostSubject: Re: Decide the route of LOD!   Decide the route of LOD! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2016 9:35 pm

Could make rexes some kind of reward based thing. Or the amount of rexes are determined by if anyone breeds. If they breed, someone can play the babies.
Back to top Go down
Levine
Veteran
Veteran
Levine

PostSubject: Re: Decide the route of LOD!   Decide the route of LOD! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2016 9:42 pm

Well I was thinking that people would have to apply (for example, write a submission entry about them using the character in an example post) as well as maybe writing out why they should get a T. rex.
Back to top Go down
Tarbtano
Compsognathus
Compsognathus
Tarbtano

PostSubject: Re: Decide the route of LOD!   Decide the route of LOD! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2016 10:01 pm

Idea? We could bring in the JP3 Spino to Nublar as either an event or Mod character.

Levine
Veteran
Veteran
Levine

PostSubject: Re: Decide the route of LOD!   Decide the route of LOD! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2016 10:02 pm

Tarbtano wrote:
Idea? We could bring in the JP3 Spino to Nublar as either an event or Mod character.

We have Rexy as a mod character already, but I can think over that one. Could be interesting.
Back to top Go down
Levine
Veteran
Veteran
Levine

PostSubject: Re: Decide the route of LOD!   Decide the route of LOD! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2016 1:34 pm

The polls are over, and Nublar is the winner! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Decide the route of LOD!   Decide the route of LOD! - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Decide the route of LOD!
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2