Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

News thread.

Go down 
+28
Troyal1
CT-1138
Theta Rex
Rhedosaurus
BarrytheOnyx
The Geeky Zoologist
Minmi
Océane
V.a.nublarensis
JPMalcolmDilo
Lord Kristine
TRK/TrexKing
Spinosaur4.4
smaugtheterrible
Scott B
CloneTrooper101
Levine
MissDNA
Spiegel
tigris115
Mysterious Hero M
Caudipteryx
Paleoman
Katana
Baryonyx111
TheDreamMaster
Dead2009
Darth Spidey
32 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 13 ... 22  Next
AuthorMessage
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

News thread. - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: News thread.   News thread. - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 10, 2016 1:24 pm

Oshronosaurus wrote:
certainly a bit more optimistic than one of the other theories: i saw a program years ago suggesting she might have been arrested and later executed by Imperial Japanese forces

I read a slightly different version of that theory back when I was 5th grade. Instead of being captured and executed, they simply just shot her down because they thought she was secretly working as a spy.
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: News thread.   News thread. - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 12, 2016 6:33 pm

Scientists have recorded two dolphins communicating with each other for the first time. In other words, they really can talk.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

If you're concerned about where this franchise is headed, then please join us.
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: News thread.   News thread. - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 26, 2016 5:59 pm

Doggerland, Britain's Atlantis, has been found in the south part of the North Sea.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: News thread.   News thread. - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 05, 2016 3:06 pm

A massive amount of oil-6 to 10 billion gallons-has been in Alaska.

A famous mysterious alien megastructure got more mysterious.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: News thread.   News thread. - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 22, 2016 11:56 am

2 Earthquake faults in San Francisco have been found to be interconnected.

It also looks like we found what caused many disappearances in the Bermuda Triangle. Giant hexagon shaped clouds that make 170mph air bombs.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: News thread.   News thread. - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 29, 2016 1:07 pm

Common swifts can spend up to 10 MONTHS without touching ground!

Back to top Go down
Baryonyx111
Hatchling
Hatchling
Baryonyx111

PostSubject: Re: News thread.   News thread. - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 08, 2016 4:39 pm

According to anecdotal results, voter turnout across the country is huge.

Administrator
Administrator
TRK/TrexKing

PostSubject: Re: News thread.   News thread. - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 08, 2016 4:56 pm

Given the sensitivity of politics in the world and more specifically the US now, I think we will need to remember that people's opinions are their own and need to be respected. We won't tolerate personal attacks or ganging up on people's opinion etc. I am only saying this as a precaution, don't think of me as the big bad. I just want healthy lively discussion.

Veteran
Veteran
Lord Kristine

PostSubject: Re: News thread.   News thread. - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 09, 2016 1:54 am

Surprised by the lack of posts in this thread right now. #Stegoceratops2016

Embryo
Embryo

PostSubject: Re: News thread.   News thread. - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 09, 2016 3:01 am

Donald Trump is president. Oh no.
Back to top Go down
Oshronosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Oshronosaurus

PostSubject: Re: News thread.   News thread. - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 09, 2016 3:38 am

TRK wrote:
Given the sensitivity of politics in the world and more specifically the US now, I think we will need to remember that people's opinions are their own and need to be respected. We won't tolerate personal attacks or ganging up on people's opinion etc.  I am only saying this as a precaution, don't think of me as the big bad. I just want healthy lively discussion.
a good post, TRK. i was about to post something rather inflammatory, too, but i decided against it. i respect the people here too much to fly off into a much-needed rant, not here at least.

Join the Brethren!
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: News thread.   News thread. - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 09, 2016 7:12 am

The Democrats must really be kicking themselves in the balls right now. They elected one of the most corrupt people in history and basically allowed her to cheat the system to ensure her victory in the Democrat primary election. If they had elected Bernie Sanders or Elizabeth Warren as the candidate, then they would have had won since people millennials would have turned out in droves for them like they did with Sanders. Hillary's political career is finished, done, dead, kaput, obliterated. If she couldn't beat Donald Trump with all of his bizarre...campaign interruptions, then there is no way how she can hope to run for president again and expect to win.

Last edited by Rhedosaurus on Wed Nov 09, 2016 12:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: News thread.   News thread. - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 09, 2016 10:14 am

Hillary does not deserve to be the first female president. There are much better, more amazing women who deserve to be the first woman president and Hillary just doesn’t deserve to make that history. Now, better women in politics have that chance. With that said, I am still extremely nervous of what Donald Trump's four year presidency will instigate, he has never been right for this job and now it's up to the next president after him to do better.

News thread. - Page 5 Dinosa12
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: News thread.   News thread. - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 09, 2016 12:09 pm

I'm actually hopeful for Donald Trump. I didn't vote for him in primary or general election (I personally wrote in Ronald Reagan), but now that's he's our president I'm actually giving him a fair chance via the first 2 years. I underestimated him and while he gave me a lot reasons to do so, I have no choice but to give him his due and say that he won fair and square. (And without having to deal with any recounts via 2000.) I'm in no position to do so otherwise. He won the presidency, won my respect, and won a fair chance from me.

Back to top Go down
Oshronosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Oshronosaurus

PostSubject: Re: News thread.   News thread. - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 09, 2016 1:08 pm

i only hope that all that bigoted rhetoric during his campaign was just bluster and he's actually sane, or else the US is gonna be in even worse sorts than at the tail end of the Bush administration

Join the Brethren!
Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: News thread.   News thread. - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 09, 2016 1:52 pm

TBH the only thing he went overboard with was the building of the wall on the Mexico border and banning all Muslims, anyone with half a brain knows he couldnt legally do that and even if he could, there's no way Congress would allow it to happen. The part about vetting immigrants and the like from all nations to make sure they are who they say they are and to make sure they're here legally with good intentions was the point I believe he's going to stick with. There's nothing really bigoted about that, it's to keep the country safe because heaven forbid an attack like the ones in France happen due to people slipping through the cracks on account of open borders, which is something Hillary wanted to do.

I do enjoy seeing all the Clinton supporters having a meltdown and trying to claim that if you voted Trump you hated all women. Ya know, it had nothing to do with what Clinton did to get the nomination, it's because she's a woman. It's comical.

Back to top Go down
TheDreamMaster
Administrator
Administrator
TheDreamMaster

PostSubject: Re: News thread.   News thread. - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 09, 2016 3:10 pm

I'll keep it short: I'm pretty scared of what Trump may do to this country moving forward. I am not a fan of Hilary, but when there's video of the KKK openly celebrating for this win, I can't help but feel we've gone and done something incredibly wrong.

"We'll use the Force."- Finn
 "That's not how the Force works!"- Han Solo
Back to top Go down
Oshronosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Oshronosaurus

PostSubject: Re: News thread.   News thread. - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 09, 2016 3:12 pm

agreed, TDM. this whole thing is literally making me feel sick to my stomach.

that said, i think we should probably avoid talking about it here further--chances are, it's just gonna get more incensed and someone's gonna say something they regret that hurts the Mainframe community even more.

Join the Brethren!
Back to top Go down
Theta Rex
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Theta Rex

PostSubject: Re: News thread.   News thread. - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 09, 2016 3:28 pm

News thread. - Page 5 X0hZLvF

Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: News thread.   News thread. - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 09, 2016 4:16 pm

TheDreamMaster wrote:
I'll keep it short: I'm pretty scared of what Trump may do to this country moving forward. I am not a fan of Hilary, but when there's video of the KKK openly celebrating for this win, I can't help but feel we've gone and done something incredibly wrong.

To be fair, not every little thing that someone does is a reflection of Donald Trump.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: News thread.   News thread. - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 09, 2016 5:20 pm

Oshronosaurus wrote:
i only hope that all that bigoted rhetoric during his campaign was just bluster and he's actually sane, or else the US is gonna be in even worse sorts than at the tail end of the Bush administration

I just think all that was just Trump being politically incorrect to get votes from people who sick and tired of all the politically correct, cultural marxist, SJW crap that Hollywood keeps pumping out.

Dead2009 wrote:
I do enjoy seeing all the Clinton supporters having a meltdown and trying to claim that if you voted Trump you hated all women. Ya know, it had nothing to do with what Clinton did to get the nomination, it's because she's a woman. It's comical.

The odd thing is during the primary, Bernie Sanders got more of the female millennial vote then Hillary did. Millennials were never dumb enough to believe that Hillary was a true feminist. A true feminist wouldn't thrash her husband's accusers, let alone stay with him despite knowing how much of sex addict he is.
Back to top Go down
Theta Rex
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Theta Rex

PostSubject: Re: News thread.   News thread. - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 09, 2016 6:18 pm

Dead2009 wrote:

What I find comical is all the Trumpet parroting about how "trump won't do any of this and he'd never be allowed to stop worrying" (nevermind that the House and the Senate are basically in the GOP's pockets right now) or "lgbt rights will not be affected you're overreacting" (usually by people that aren't even remotely LGBT and apparently know nothing about Mike "let's convert all the gays" Pence) or "hillary was a corrupt lying crook" (oh so Trump isn't corrupt, never lies and has never broken or even bended the law whatsoever, uh huh) and other crap like that.

Of course when you actually go up and tell them all this, they suddenly go silent and retreat back into their little echo chambers.

Or they just accuse people of "oppressing" them, leave the thread and go find somewhere else to bait people with their shitposting.

Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: News thread.   News thread. - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 09, 2016 6:30 pm

Theta Rex wrote:
Dead2009 wrote:

What I find comical is all the Trumpet parroting about how "trump won't do any of this and he'd never be allowed to stop worrying" (nevermind that the House and the Senate are basically in the GOP's pockets right now) or "lgbt rights will not be affected you're overreacting" (usually by people that aren't even remotely LGBT and apparently know nothing about Mike "let's convert all the gays" Pence) or "hillary was a corrupt lying crook" (oh so Trump isn't corrupt, never lies and has never broken or even bended the law whatsoever, uh huh) and other crap like that.

Of course when you actually go up and tell them all this, they suddenly go silent and retreat back into their little echo chambers.

Or they just accuse people of "oppressing" them, leave the thread and go find somewhere else to bait people with their shitposting.

I don't disagree that Trump was, and still is, very flawed. However, as I said earlier, if you want the real reason why Trump won, then blame/thank the establishment Democrats and their Wall Street cronies who let Hillary cheat the primary and thinking that people would be blissfully ignorant of how corrupt she is.
Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: News thread.   News thread. - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2016 8:29 am

Theta Rex wrote:
Dead2009 wrote:

If people honestly believe that Trump is going to radically change the country with his ideas, that's fearmongering.

Back to top Go down
V.a.nublarensis
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
V.a.nublarensis

PostSubject: Re: News thread.   News thread. - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2016 8:42 am

Rhedosaurus wrote:
I'm actually hopeful for Donald Trump. I didn't vote for him in primary or general election (I personally wrote in Ronald Reagan), but now that's he's our president I'm actually giving him a fair chance via the first 2 years. I underestimated him and while he gave me a lot reasons to do so, I have no choice but to give him his due and say that he won fair and square. (And without having to deal with any recounts via 2000.) I'm in no position to do so otherwise. He won the presidency, won my respect, and won a fair chance from me.
Technically, he lost the popular vote to Clinton.
Back to top Go down
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: News thread.   News thread. - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2016 12:08 pm

This week was crazy with all this. I personaly knew Trump had a high chance to win and I'm not that surprised he won. I hope he does a nice job and all americans be safe and well, hope the country get's better too, that will influence not only USA but all the world, so yeah I hope everything goes fine.

My only fear is that some supremacists will get more lounder now. By no means I'm saying all people that voted on Trump are racists, I'll never label anyone as racist because of that.  I know there's a lot of people that still deny racism exists and never went away, but this isn't hiperbole, I've read some pretty nasty stuff (that I hope it's fake) of some racists showing their side and scaring people off.

I know the media lies a lot but I've also read KKK fully supports Trump and were celebrating he won, basically they're like "Oh Trump will let us do whatever we want so let's finally show our faces". This is scary as hell, I'm white but I'm not american so I can understand why some people posted they're scared because Trump won.

Former JPL member, Spinosaur4.4.

News thread. - Page 5 LYHX0zA
Back to top Go down
Oshronosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Oshronosaurus

PostSubject: Re: News thread.   News thread. - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2016 5:35 pm

Spinosaur4.4 wrote:
This week was crazy with all this. I personaly knew Trump had a high chance to win and I'm not that surprised he won. I hope he does a nice job and all americans be safe and well, hope the country get's better too, that will influence not only USA but all the world, so yeah I hope everything goes fine.

My only fear is that some supremacists will get more lounder now. By no means I'm saying all people that voted on Trump are racists, I'll never label anyone as racist because of that.  I know there's a lot of people that still deny racism exists and never went away, but this isn't hiperbole, I've read some pretty nasty stuff (that I hope it's fake) of some racists showing their side and scaring people off.

I know the media lies a lot but I've also read KKK fully supports Trump and were celebrating he won, basically they're like "Oh Trump will let us do whatever we want so let's finally show our faces". This is scary as hell, I'm white but I'm not american so I can understand why some people posted they're scared because Trump won.
i and others have already seen alot of reports of hate crimes being on the rise over facebook. considering we're probably stuck with him (he has a bunch of upcoming trials which could very well see him impeached, including for the rape of a minor) i sincerely hope that he turns out to be more moderate than his campaign led us to believe, but i'm not holding my breath. seeing all this keeps making me feel physically ill.

in related news, some movements have come up in response to the election which could change everything: one is to abolish the electoral college and one to see California secede from the Union. i have mixed feelings about that both, for the latter in no small part because i live there, but i'd honestly prefer not to get into that since this is a news thread, not a political thread (and i think it should stay that way--like i said before, religion and politics are waay too polarizing for a JP fansite to be discussing. if people here know each other on facebook, i recommend taking it there instead)

Join the Brethren!
Back to top Go down
TheDreamMaster
Administrator
Administrator
TheDreamMaster

PostSubject: Re: News thread.   News thread. - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2016 5:40 pm

Dead2009 wrote:
TheDreamMaster wrote:

To be fair, not every little thing that someone does is a reflection of Donald Trump.
I know, that's actually a major problem
I'm seeing a lot since his election. There seem to be a high number of people calling those who voted for Trump racist. I firmly believe there were a portion who did vote based on the racial statements Trump has made, but you can't label everyone a racist. I've seen more than one person basically saying "Well they didn't vote for him because he said that, but they knew he'd said those things, and that is just as bad." I'm sorry, but I find that wrong.

That said I did not vote for Trump, so I'm not taking it like some personal attack, but I still disagree.

"We'll use the Force."- Finn
 "That's not how the Force works!"- Han Solo
Back to top Go down
Spiegel
Stegosaurus
Stegosaurus
Spiegel

PostSubject: Re: News thread.   News thread. - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2016 7:42 pm

Never mind, I dont feel like arguing.

I can only hope for a Military Coup.

Last edited by Spiegel on Thu Nov 10, 2016 7:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://s15.zetaboards.com/JurassicRolePlay/index/
Theta Rex
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Theta Rex

PostSubject: Re: News thread.   News thread. - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2016 7:49 pm

Dead2009 wrote:
Theta Rex wrote:
Dead2009 wrote:

If people honestly believe that Trump is going to radically change the country with his ideas, that's fearmongering.

And if you honestly believe that Trump is completely incapable of negatively affecting the country with all the ammunition he has saddled up, particularly with Mike Pence as his VP and the GOP having the House and the Senate in their pockets, that's delusion.

PostSubject: Re: News thread.   News thread. - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

News thread.
Page 5 of 22Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 13 ... 22  Next