Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

News thread.

Go down 
+28
Troyal1
CT-1138
Theta Rex
Rhedosaurus
BarrytheOnyx
The Geeky Zoologist
Minmi
Océane
V.a.nublarensis
JPMalcolmDilo
Lord Kristine
TRK/TrexKing
Spinosaur4.4
smaugtheterrible
Scott B
CloneTrooper101
Levine
MissDNA
Spiegel
tigris115
Mysterious Hero M
Caudipteryx
Paleoman
Katana
Baryonyx111
TheDreamMaster
Dead2009
Darth Spidey
32 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 14 ... 22  Next
AuthorMessage
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

News thread. - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: News thread.   News thread. - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2016 8:44 pm

I've saw/read pretty nasty stuff on Twitter from alt-right supremacists (the term they call themselfes). They're popping in every political tweet with no fear in saying hateful bullshit.

It's also funny how easy it is to spit hate behind a monitor without showing your face. Anyone can do that. Cowards won't even put their real faces on the accounts. I hope most of them are just losers that  don't even have the balls to talk with people. I doubt most of them would dare be racist against someone in real life.

Former JPL member, Spinosaur4.4.

News thread. - Page 6 LYHX0zA
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: News thread.   News thread. - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 11, 2016 5:12 pm

I don't doubt there is a quite a bit of anger and hate being spewed, but I think a lot is this is being purposely being overblown by the media since they were so in the tank for Hillary and now they're trying to smear Trump supporters because they-the media-are a bunch of sore losers.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

If you're concerned about where this franchise is headed, then please join us.
Back to top Go down
smaugtheterrible
Hatchling
Hatchling
smaugtheterrible

PostSubject: Re: News thread.   News thread. - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 13, 2016 1:49 pm

While this is not an ideal situation from my perspective (I tend to lean politically conservative, but I'm not a Trump supporter), I'm at least glad that the election is over. I didn't like either of the candidates. I guess, in short, I'm disappointed that Trump won, but I'm not disappointed that Hillary lost. I got so tired of being told that I'm supposed to support Hillary just because I'm a woman - she doesn't represent anything about me. They were both pretty terrible candidates in different ways IMO, and in the end I just ended up voting third party (which I never do; I know it's kind of a wasted vote, but I just couldn't bring myself to do anything else). I feel kind of emotionless about the whole thing, really...

I usually hate discussing politics, especially during this election cycle - I couldn't really have any discussions with anyone from either side without getting into some kind of an argument. I understand the hopes and fears on both sides of this; I just hope things work out for the best at this point.

Administrator
Administrator
TheDreamMaster

PostSubject: Re: News thread.   News thread. - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 14, 2016 3:17 pm

Well considering Trump seems to. E backsliding on several policies already, I'm still extremely skeptical, potentially still somewhat scared, but I can't help but feel my initial assumptions was at least a bit right: he ran on an extreme platform to stir up as much publicity as possible and then ran with it.

I'm not saying he'll be good, hell as a man running our country with no political experience, it sounds really bad. I'm still not convinced he won't do some awful stuff, especially with the people he is picking for the White House, but he's considerably toned things down just since the election.

"We'll use the Force."- Finn
 "That's not how the Force works!"- Han Solo
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: News thread.   News thread. - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 14, 2016 5:49 pm

smaugtheterrible wrote:
While this is not an ideal situation from my perspective (I tend to lean politically conservative, but I'm not a Trump supporter), I'm at least glad that the election is over. I didn't like either of the candidates. I guess, in short, I'm disappointed that Trump won, but I'm not disappointed that Hillary lost. They were both pretty terrible candidates in different ways IMO, and in the end I just ended up voting third party (which I never do; I know it's kind of a wasted vote, but I just couldn't bring myself to do anything else). I feel kind of emotionless about the whole thing, really...

I usually hate discussing politics, especially during this election cycle - I couldn't really have any discussions with anyone from either side without getting into some kind of an argument. I understand the hopes and fears on both sides of this; I just hope things work out for the best at this point.

TBH, I feel this way for the most part. I'm more happy that Hillary lost then you are, but I still have concerns about Trump. I'm willing to give him a fair chance for the first 2 years, but that's only because he has proven me wrong so many times. I'm just far more happy that this strange, odd, weird, bizarre, crazy election is finally over.
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: News thread.   News thread. - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 16, 2016 6:47 am

Even Bill himself has blamed Hillary and her campaign advisiors for her loss.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: News thread.   News thread. - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 21, 2016 6:07 pm

Fighting has occered at the border of China and Myanmar (which used to be known, and still often as known, as Burma.

Powerful 7.3 Earthquake strikes Fukushima, Japan.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: News thread.   News thread. - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 30, 2016 7:05 am

McDonald's is debuting self-serving kiosks nationwide thanks to the $15 minimum wage protests.

Back to top Go down
Oshronosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Oshronosaurus

PostSubject: Re: News thread.   News thread. - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 30, 2016 1:07 pm

they tried that once before. turned out having real people serve you is actually cheaper.

Join the Brethren!
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: News thread.   News thread. - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 07, 2016 5:03 pm

2 teenagers have been charged with starting the Tennessee wildfires.

Back to top Go down
Oshronosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Oshronosaurus

PostSubject: Re: News thread.   News thread. - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 07, 2016 9:51 pm

fucking arsonists. this country's practically on fire already metaphorically, it doesn't need it literally, too!

Join the Brethren!
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: News thread.   News thread. - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 08, 2016 12:15 pm

I just hope that they are forced to help rebuild the buildings, or at least many of them, that were destroyed as a result of their actions. Prison seems just a bit too cheap and lazy. They caused this mess, therefore, they need to clean up after it in some form.

Back to top Go down
Theta Rex
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Theta Rex

PostSubject: Re: News thread.   News thread. - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 19, 2016 3:03 pm

The Russian ambassador to Turkey has been shot dead in Ankara.

Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: News thread.   News thread. - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 19, 2016 3:53 pm

Crazy. 2016 has been a crazy year.

Former JPL member, Spinosaur4.4.

News thread. - Page 6 LYHX0zA
Back to top Go down
Oshronosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Oshronosaurus

PostSubject: Re: News thread.   News thread. - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 19, 2016 4:01 pm

Spinosaur4.4 wrote:
i fucking hate 2016. worst year in my memory.

Join the Brethren!
Back to top Go down
Theta Rex
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Theta Rex

PostSubject: Re: News thread.   News thread. - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 19, 2016 5:18 pm

Lorry drives through Berlin Christmas market, killing nine people.

Yeah, this year has been pretty grim, all right...

Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: News thread.   News thread. - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 21, 2016 6:18 pm

Oshronosaurus wrote:
Spinosaur4.4 wrote:

Look at the bright side, Osh. It's almost over. Things can only go up from here.

Speaking of crazy things...For the first time in 37 years, snow fell on the Sahara Desert.
Back to top Go down
Oshronosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Oshronosaurus

PostSubject: Re: News thread.   News thread. - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 22, 2016 12:36 am

Rhedosaurus wrote:
Oshronosaurus wrote:
Spinosaur4.4 wrote:

Look at the bright side, Osh. It's almost over. Things can only go up from here.

Speaking of crazy things...For the first time in 37 years, snow fell on the Sahara Desert.
i'm not optimistic about 2017, either (unusually for me, since i'm no cynic) but at least the upcoming year (hopefully) won't have another home-away-from-home site closing like JPL did, another beloved pet dying, being forced to move again because of an asshole neighbor who hates EVERYONE, and another Anime Expo being characterized as "everyone else wastes my time"

Join the Brethren!
Back to top Go down
TheDreamMaster
Administrator
Administrator
TheDreamMaster

PostSubject: Re: News thread.   News thread. - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 23, 2016 5:21 pm

Carrie Fisher has apparently suffered a massive heart attack on a flight to LA.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4062946/Carrie-Fisher-60-suffers-heart-attack-transatlantic-flight-fellow-passengers-resorted-giving-star-CPR.html

Quote :
Carrie Fisher suffered a massive heart attack on board a transatlantic flight from London to Los Angeles, and reportedly was not breathing for 10 minutes, it has been claimed.
The Star Wars legend was on the plane seated in first class when it's said she went into cardiac arrest.
A paramedic on board the flight rushed to help the starlet after flight attendants asked if anyone had medical experience, TMZ reports. 
The website claims the 60-year-old actress's health episode occurred around 15 minutes before landing.
Anna Akana was seated in front of the actress and said on Twitter that Fisher 'was not breathing for 10 minutes or so' and that CPR was administered on Fisher until the plane landed.
Fisher was rushed to a local hospital upon landing by emergency first responders. 
The Los Angeles Times reported that Fisher is in critical condition, as a source told the newspaper that 'the actress was in a lot of distress on the flight.'.
Fisher is currently in the middle of a book tour for her memoirs, the Princess Diarist

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4062946/Carrie-Fisher-60-suffers-heart-attack-transatlantic-flight-fellow-passengers-resorted-giving-star-CPR.html#ixzz4ThcF6QbN
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook.

"We'll use the Force."- Finn
 "That's not how the Force works!"- Han Solo
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: News thread.   News thread. - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 23, 2016 6:55 pm

TheDreamMaster wrote:
Carrie Fisher has apparently suffered a massive heart attack on a flight to LA.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4062946/Carrie-Fisher-60-suffers-heart-attack-transatlantic-flight-fellow-passengers-resorted-giving-star-CPR.html

Quote :
Carrie Fisher suffered a massive heart attack on board a transatlantic flight from London to Los Angeles, and reportedly was not breathing for 10 minutes, it has been claimed.
The Star Wars legend was on the plane seated in first class when it's said she went into cardiac arrest.
A paramedic on board the flight rushed to help the starlet after flight attendants asked if anyone had medical experience, TMZ reports. 
The website claims the 60-year-old actress's health episode occurred around 15 minutes before landing.
Anna Akana was seated in front of the actress and said on Twitter that Fisher 'was not breathing for 10 minutes or so' and that CPR was administered on Fisher until the plane landed.
Fisher was rushed to a local hospital upon landing by emergency first responders. 
The Los Angeles Times reported that Fisher is in critical condition, as a source told the newspaper that 'the actress was in a lot of distress on the flight.'.
Fisher is currently in the middle of a book tour for her memoirs, the Princess Diarist

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4062946/Carrie-Fisher-60-suffers-heart-attack-transatlantic-flight-fellow-passengers-resorted-giving-star-CPR.html#ixzz4ThcF6QbN
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook.

Hopefully, she doesn't have any long term effects. I can't help but wonder if this was related to her weight loss. She was somewhere between 50-100 pounds overweight and she had to lose it before filming of TFA. But sometimes, when you conquer your health problems, they can can some nasty final laughs later on. Eddie Guerrero is a great example of that since his substance abuse problems, which he eventually beat, gave him the fatal heart disease strike.

In any case, I really do hope she gets well soon.

Last edited by Rhedosaurus on Sat Dec 24, 2016 1:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Theta Rex
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Theta Rex

PostSubject: Re: News thread.   News thread. - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 24, 2016 11:58 am

Goddamn it, this year's really giving all it's got before it ends.

Really hope Carrie pulls through. My late uncle died of a heart attack on a flight back home from Hong Kong over a decade ago, so I'm well aware how badly this could've already ended.

Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: News thread.   News thread. - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 24, 2016 1:32 pm

Update: Her brother says that her health has improved.

Back to top Go down
JPMalcolmDilo
Embryo
Embryo

PostSubject: Re: News thread.   News thread. - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 25, 2016 8:42 pm

http://www.news.com.au/entertainment/george-michael-dead-at-53/news-story/f5047d33a514d9e89ce244d98f4dfb0d
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: News thread.   News thread. - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 28, 2016 6:24 pm

Oh sh*t...

Carrie Fisher's mother, Debbie Reynolds, has suffered a stroke.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: News thread.   News thread. - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 30, 2016 6:14 pm

Kim Jong-Un, the dictator of the Stalinist throwback of North Korea, has ordered 340 executions since taking power. 140 of them were actually members of his own government.

Stalin himself would be proud of this guy.
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: News thread.   News thread. - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 05, 2017 8:55 am

After the largest jailbreak is history happened in the Philippines with 158 prisoners escaping, 34 have been recaptured.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: News thread.   News thread. - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 06, 2017 9:20 am

Sears closes 150 stores, 108 of them being Kmarts, and sells the Craftsman brand to Stanley Black & Decker for $900 million.

It still amazes me that Sears and Kmart didn't manage to use existing technology to continue to hold on to their power, let alone the fact that Sears didn't cut themselves loose from Kmart a long time ago.

5 dead and 8 wounded at a Fort Lauderdale, Florida airport.
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: News thread.   News thread. - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2017 10:34 am

Dylan Roof sentenced to death for the killings of 9 people in a black church in Charleston, South Carolina

Good riddance.

Back to top Go down
Oshronosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Oshronosaurus

PostSubject: Re: News thread.   News thread. - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2017 11:49 pm

well deserved, too. hopefully this'll make all the other racists coming out of the woodwork think twice.

Join the Brethren!
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: News thread.   News thread. - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2017 2:03 pm

Since 2000, mankind has destroyed 7% of Earth’s pristine forest landscapes.

You know. It's really sad that man is so absorbed in itself that it can't see the beauty of nature. Between this, the ivory trade, and everything else man does bad to nature without even trying to strike a balance, is it any wonder why so many people love nature/animals more then the human race?

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: News thread.   News thread. - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

News thread.
Page 6 of 22Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 14 ... 22  Next