Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

News thread.

Go down 
+28
Troyal1
CT-1138
Theta Rex
Rhedosaurus
BarrytheOnyx
The Geeky Zoologist
Minmi
Océane
V.a.nublarensis
JPMalcolmDilo
Lord Kristine
TRK/TrexKing
Spinosaur4.4
smaugtheterrible
Scott B
CloneTrooper101
Levine
MissDNA
Spiegel
tigris115
Mysterious Hero M
Caudipteryx
Paleoman
Katana
Baryonyx111
TheDreamMaster
Dead2009
Darth Spidey
32 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next
AuthorMessage
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

News thread. - Page 18 Empty
PostSubject: Re: News thread.   News thread. - Page 18 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 07, 2017 9:28 pm

Deformed babies are being born in North Korea due to being in nuclear test sites.

And the government doesn't give the civilians any warning of such tests. This is sad.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

If you're concerned about where this franchise is headed, then please join us.
Back to top Go down
CT-1138
Jurassic Mainframe News Team
CT-1138

PostSubject: Re: News thread.   News thread. - Page 18 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 08, 2017 7:25 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:
Deformed babies are being born in North Korea due to being in nuclear test sites.

And the government doesn't give the civilians any warning of such tests. This is sad.
I've heard rumor about this... but to actually see it confirmed is horrific. Sad

http://abekowalski.deviantart.com/
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: News thread.   News thread. - Page 18 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 16, 2017 2:10 pm

http://www.businessinsider.com/elephant-trophies-to-be-allowed-back-into-the-us-2017-11

Disgusting.

News thread. - Page 18 Jpbann10
Back to top Go down
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: News thread.   News thread. - Page 18 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 16, 2017 3:11 pm

Tyrant Lizard wrote:
http://www.businessinsider.com/elephant-trophies-to-be-allowed-back-into-the-us-2017-11

Disgusting.

I have put aside my disdain for Trump for months, but as an animal lover this fills me with bile. This will certainly lead to increased trophy hunting between Zimbabwe and the States.

Its official, I hope Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom also targets trophy hunters if it aims to cast a light on human treatment of animals through the lens of dinosaurs.

News thread. - Page 18 Dinosa12
Back to top Go down
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: News thread.   News thread. - Page 18 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 16, 2017 5:02 pm

BarrytheOnyx wrote:
Tyrant Lizard wrote:

Disgusting.

I have put aside my disdain for Trump for months, but as an animal lover this fills me with bile. This will certainly lead to increased trophy hunting between Zimbabwe and the States.

Its official, I hope Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom also targets trophy hunters if it aims to cast a light on human treatment of animals through the lens of dinosaurs.

Yeah, I try to be as unbiased and objective as I can when it comes to Trump, trying not to get caught up in rhetoric and judge for myself, but this? Why? Like, what is the point?

The only two things I can think of are A) He's making a point of undoing everything Obama did, regardless of whether it was good or bad, out of spite, or B) Doing this simply so his sons can go game hunting and bring back their "trophies".

Either way, it's sickening.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: News thread.   News thread. - Page 18 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 16, 2017 6:01 pm

Tyrant Lizard wrote:
BarrytheOnyx wrote:
Tyrant Lizard wrote:

Disgusting.

Yeah, I try to be as unbiased and objective as I can when it comes to Trump, trying not to get caught up in rhetoric and judge for myself, but this? Why? Like, what is the point?

The only two things I can think of are A) He's making a point of undoing everything Obama did, regardless of whether it was good or bad, out of spite, or B) Doing this simply so his sons can go game hunting and bring back their "trophies".

Either way, it's sickening.

I'm one of those people who think that Trump has done better then what many people think, but this is one of those things I can't defend. It's bad enough that Mugabe, the former dictator of that country, allowed elephant pouching and had his forces poison elephants via toxic watermelons in that country in the first place. It's even worse that we have psychopathic poachers use rocket launchers to pouch elephants. (Yes, some really do that.) But this...

You know, India has a place named Karinzinga National Park. They have a shoot-to-kill policy regarding poachers. It's been controversial since some innocent people have got wounded, but since it's been in place, pouching has gone down a lot. I honestly think African countries implementing that same policy might be the only thing that can save elephants and rhinos at this point.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: News thread.   News thread. - Page 18 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 17, 2017 8:00 am

In happier news.

The Amish have a gene that makes them live 10 years longer then most.

It also protects them from Type 2 diabetes.

Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: News thread.   News thread. - Page 18 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 17, 2017 2:54 pm

Tyrant Lizard wrote:

Disgusting.

Agree.
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: News thread.   News thread. - Page 18 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 17, 2017 4:41 pm

North Korea is making a ballistic missile submarine.

This is frightening. While North Korea has long range rockets that can hit the continental U.S.A., their reliability is still questionable. Their short and medium range missiles, however, are far more reliable. A few nuclear warhead tipped medium ranged missiles modified to fit on a North Korean submarine is FAR more dangerous then launching an ICBM on North Korean soil.

Back to top Go down
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: News thread.   News thread. - Page 18 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 17, 2017 8:07 pm

Seems Trump is backing off on the elephant trophy thing for now.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/931685146415255552

This just basically reads to me as "Reversing the elephant trophy laws so my sons could bring their dismembered elephant body parts back home resulted in more backlash than I was willing to deal with, so fuck it."

Still, I'm glad, but it never should have happened in the first place.

Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: News thread.   News thread. - Page 18 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 17, 2017 10:34 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:

This is frightening. While North Korea has long range rockets that can hit the continental U.S.A., their reliability is still questionable. Their short and medium range missiles, however, are far more reliable. A few nuclear warhead tipped medium ranged missiles modified to fit on a North Korean submarine is FAR more dangerous then launching an ICBM on North Korean soil.

I feel like this will be one of those things that may finally come to a head in our lifetime. Whether that be from change inside NK or outside. Or a bit of both.

He really needs to be stopped.
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: News thread.   News thread. - Page 18 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 17, 2017 10:57 pm

Troyal1 wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:

I feel like this will be one of those things that may finally come to a head in our lifetime. Whether that be from change inside NK or outside. Or a bit of both.

Indeed, China has had talks about possibly removing Kim and even thinking about not having to deal with North Korea anymore. This guys has been a spoiled brat for his whole life and has no idea about how dangerous his actions will be. The fact that he's worshiped as a god and so are his dad and grandfather makes things worse. Add that with a BRUTAL Stalinist rule that's been in place as long as North Korea has been around and most of the population brainwashed beyond help, and you have a situation that makes the Cuban Missile Crisis look like a sandfight.

Only Iran going nuclear could roughly rival this.

Tyrant Lizard wrote:
Seems Trump is backing off on the elephant trophy thing for now.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/931685146415255552

Still, I'm glad, but it never should have happened in the first place.

Good. Hopefully, the ban stays in place for good.

Back to top Go down
Oshronosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Oshronosaurus

PostSubject: Re: News thread.   News thread. - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 19, 2017 3:20 pm

Troyal1 wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:

given North Korean rhetoric, if they do develop a ballistic missile sub, it's reasonable to expect that other powers will be keeping a very close eye on it from a safe distance, and if there's any indication that it seems to be moving into an attack position then it's probably gonna go straight to Davy Jones in short order. while it is extremely worrying, just remember that all the countries that North Korea threatens do take these threats seriously (except maybe South Korea, but only because they consider them all talk and no action like they've done for the better part of the last century--still doesn't mean they aren't prepared) and can probably counter the rather outdated North Korean tech with modern defenses. even considering trump is utterly incompetent, the military isn't and that's what counts.

Join the Brethren!
Back to top Go down
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: News thread.   News thread. - Page 18 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 20, 2017 12:58 am

https://twitter.com/AP/status/932487668524396544

CHARLES MANSON FINALLY DIED.

HOORAY!

CT-1138

PostSubject: Re: News thread.   News thread. - Page 18 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 21, 2017 3:19 pm

BREAKING: FCC Announces Plan to Repeal Net Neutrality

http://abekowalski.deviantart.com/
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: News thread.   News thread. - Page 18 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 21, 2017 4:59 pm

The internet is fucked.

Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: News thread.   News thread. - Page 18 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 24, 2017 3:38 pm

After Robert Mugabe was overthrown in a military coup, Zimbabwe's new president, Emmerson Mnangagwa, promises compensation for farmers whose land was taken away by Mugabe, as well as reforming the government.

Good. Zimbabwe finally has new hope. Mugabe ran that country into the ground and should been overthrown at least 10 years ago. Hopefully, the new president can fix much what Mugabe did.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: News thread.   News thread. - Page 18 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 30, 2017 7:50 pm

A few days ago, North Korea test launched a new ICBM that can hit the continental USA.

I heard it was 15 minutes up in the atmosphere. That and they are planning another nuclear test.

Back to top Go down
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: News thread.   News thread. - Page 18 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 30, 2017 7:53 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:
A few days ago, North Korea test launched a new ICBM that can hit the continental USA.

I heard it was 15 minutes up in the atmosphere. That and they are planning another nuclear test.

I kind of want to say that North Korea will only ever get to fire one missile that hits something. After that there will be no more North Korea.

Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: News thread.   News thread. - Page 18 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 30, 2017 8:02 pm

Arm Japan?

Back to top Go down
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: News thread.   News thread. - Page 18 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 30, 2017 8:26 pm

Tyrant Lizard wrote:
Arm Japan?

Japan and SK are the obvious targets. US would be able to block an ICBM before it got halfway across the pacific. So Im betting he nukes Seoul and then gets turned into a parking lot by the US allies.

Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: News thread.   News thread. - Page 18 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 30, 2017 9:13 pm

I think China needs to step in now.  I know they like to have their NK  as a buffer but they are getting TOO dangerous. They wouldn't even have to nuke SK to kill millions. They have artillery pointed at the SK capital ready to destroy it in minutes. Very big city. We are talking about the kind of destruction not seen since a WW2 scenario probably. That and maybe firing a nuke at another part of SK or Japan?

I don't mean to sound like an armchair general here because i'm not a badass who has the balls to fight(i'd be crying).  I heard Kim has killed so many top ranking people because he fears someone overthrowing him. And i think i remember reading a top level defector saying things are tense and Kim is Paranoid. While his generals don't like these decisions. But i think China should do everything in it's power to somehow kill Kim, either directly or by influencing some other top NK people. And install a "puppet" government. Basically a leader who will make the country better for it's people while stopping all the "we will kill USA" talk.

But obviously if it was THAT simple i'm sure they would have done it.

I feel really bad for the brainwashed NK "simple people" who will either die from starvation or the war he starts. It's really sad. They aren't evil they are brainwashed.
Back to top Go down
Saurillian
Saurillian

PostSubject: Re: News thread.   News thread. - Page 18 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 01, 2017 12:59 am

Troyal1 wrote:
I think China needs to step in now.  I know they like to have their NK  as a buffer but they are getting TOO dangerous. They wouldn't even have to nuke SK to kill millions. They have artillery pointed at the SK capital ready to destroy it in minutes. Very big city. We are talking about the kind of destruction not seen since a WW2 scenario probably. That and maybe firing a nuke at another part of SK or Japan?

I don't mean to sound like an armchair general here because i'm not a badass who has the balls to fight(i'd be crying).  I heard Kim has killed so many top ranking people because he fears someone overthrowing him. And i think i remember reading a top level defector saying things are tense and Kim is Paranoid. While his generals don't like these decisions. But i think China should do everything in it's power to somehow kill Kim, either directly or by influencing some other top NK people. And install a "puppet" government. Basically a leader who will make the country better for it's people while stopping all the "we will kill USA" talk.

But obviously if it was THAT simple i'm sure they would have done it.

I feel really bad for the brainwashed NK "simple people" who will either die from starvation or the war he starts. It's really sad. They aren't evil they are brainwashed.

The system in North Korea is ending and Kim knows it, that's why he's getting paranoid. The fact is, the people are waking up. Thanks to smuggled SK soap operas, they are learning that NK is not the paradise they've been led to believe and that SK and the USA are not barren wastelands filled with psychotic warlords like they are told. The people are waking up, proof that knowledge is power. The people already have the power to change their country bit by bit by getting in Kim's head. The Kim rule won't last the decade at this rate, US government knows it, China knows it, and Kim knows it. The USA and China are hoping they can wait out Kim and watch his dynasty collapse before he starts a new Korean War. Kim is hoping he can start and win a war to legitimize his rule to the people before they kick him out (and probably kill him). It's one big race that neither side can afford to lose or take the first step in, so every player is just staring the others down at the moment waiting for someone to make a move. World politics 101 for ya!

"She doesn't even have a Sega! She's such a troglodyte!" - Kelly

News thread. - Page 18 Jp3_210
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: News thread.   News thread. - Page 18 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 01, 2017 8:08 am

Tyrant Lizard wrote:
Arm Japan?

And South Korea too. Japan has some form of missile defense, but for some reason it hasn't used it yet. South Korea I think only has bare minimum missile defenses.

Sickle_Claw wrote:
Japan and SK are the obvious targets. US would be able to block an ICBM before it got halfway across the pacific. So Im betting he nukes Seoul and then gets turned into a parking lot by the US allies.

North Korea doesn't even need a nuke to wipe out Seoul. That city is in range of a lot of conventional artillery and multi rocket launchers. And they are most likely covered by tanks. Within 2 hours, a sustained artillery barrage would wipe out Seoul.

Back to top Go down
Saurillian
Saurillian

PostSubject: Re: News thread.   News thread. - Page 18 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 01, 2017 8:10 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:
Tyrant Lizard wrote:
Arm Japan?

And South Korea too. Japan has some form of missile defense, but for some reason it hasn't used it yet. South Korea I think only has bare minimum missile defenses.

South Korea does not have minimum missile defense. Does nobody remember the hostilities between China and SK in April this year over the US deploying the THAAD system in SK??? South Korea has PLENTY of missiles on is soil. China and SK have only just normalized relations over this a couple months ago

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: News thread.   News thread. - Page 18 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 01, 2017 10:37 pm

Saurillian wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:
Tyrant Lizard wrote:
Arm Japan?

South Korea does not have minimum missile defense. Does nobody remember the hostilities between China and SK in April this year over the US deploying the THAAD system in SK??? South Korea has PLENTY of missiles on is soil. China and SK have only just normalized relations over this a couple months ago

But is it as extensive as Israel via their Iron Dome system? That system defends Israel from even basic artillery rockets, something that North Korea has a lot of. Remember, THAAD was made for large missiles, not basic artillery rockets.

Back to top Go down
Saurillian
Saurillian

PostSubject: Re: News thread.   News thread. - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 02, 2017 2:34 am

Rhedosaurus wrote:
Saurillian wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:
Tyrant Lizard wrote:
Arm Japan?

But is it as extensive as Israel via their Iron Dome system? That system defends Israel from even basic artillery rockets, something that North Korea has a lot of. Remember, THAAD was made for large missiles, not basic artillery rockets.

My response there was purely against the argument that SK has minimal missile defense, which is plain wrong. I said nothing of artillery defense, that is lacking in SK

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: News thread.   News thread. - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 02, 2017 2:33 pm

NASA turned on the trusters of Voyager 1 for the first time since 1980...AND THEY WORKED!

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: News thread.   News thread. - Page 18 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 06, 2017 4:58 pm

President Donald Trump recognizes Jerusalem as the capital of Israel.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: News thread.   News thread. - Page 18 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 11, 2017 4:37 pm

There are only 450 right whales left in the world and if no action is taken, they will die out within 20 years.

So sad.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: News thread.   News thread. - Page 18 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

News thread.
Page 18 of 22Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next